Author Topic: Gone to the Dogs!!!  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Solan

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Gone to the Dogs!!!
« on: March 02, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »
    Ahhhh. The Duelist Section of Gatt. Once considered the hotbed of Yugioh associated discussions,
 it has now denigrated to random postings (like this one) and it is unquestionably a dying section,
 thanks in the main to the same duelists whom it was created for.
    There was a time when this section was rife with  healthy doses of discussion ( trades, card and deck discussions) and also alot of controversy with one group in particular coming to the forfront in that aspect.
    But alas, it seems that no one really cares about that aspect of the game anymore, and I can assure anyone that reads this 'CONTROVERSY IS GOOD FOR THE GAME'. Think about it. I can't think of anyone who isn't fired up when someone else claims that they are either better or are the best in this game. A real duelist constantly challenges him\herself to become better and it is here that the exceptional players separate themselves from the good players. But as in all games being exceptional also means becoming arrogant (And to all the good players out there don't even try to refute this statement, we're all arrogant to a certain aspect, it usually varies) and it is this aspect of human nature that tends to breed the most controversy as no one tends to believe someone else is better than they are.
   Anyways getting back to tha point, duelists need to come out and show that they care about the game and if in doing so we ruffle a few feathers so be it because soon not only will the Duelist Section be dead but overall the game on a whole in this country will follow soon after.

P.S. any disagreements with any of my points should post and kudos to them!!! 

Carigamers

Gone to the Dogs!!!
« on: March 02, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • wii, ds, super nintendo, gbc, gba
    • View Profile
Re: Gone to the Dogs!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
Well I for on agree with u 100% do i get kudos too lol. Anyways when ever someone try to bigup themself they get dismissed as just being arrogant. Hey if no one thinks that they are better then anyone else then there would be no real point to game. Hey if everyone is on the same game leavel you then why try to get better and improve yourself? There is after all no one better than u for u to beat!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:29:15 PM by kiya »

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
It's gone to the dogs because most of the people who would come on here, don't bother with it as much anymore; most times they come on here to find out about tournaments, but since they often are now contacted to let others know, it bypasses their primary reason. Also, a few of them in recent times who post are from UWI, and it's a case of they talk to me directly, instead of asking questions etc on here.

As for the controversy, it's just taken up on the battlefields now instead of the negotiation table (here)...the intensity is still there, it's just that they prefer to talk directly now!

Maybe if you come out to play in a tourney itself these days, you'll still see it, they just don't have the time currently to extend that to here, barring a really majour announcement.
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
Yup.....direct communication seems to have outright negated the need to really announce Yu-Gi-Oh! here anymore. (Get it? Negated? Oh, I SLAY me.)

What this section needs is a serious purge, though.
Too many old, useless topics jumbled about the place.
If I have the time, I'll see if I can do just that tonight.

Offline Chaotic

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Thanx Shinachi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:06:14 AM »
Listen is not just about when someone big up themself. It's one thing to talk d talk but something else to talk it and walk it, and it's even bigger when you can talk it, walk it and everyone can't dissagree with you. I've done it all in this game, feats that haven't been attempted, but my personal moment of glory was winning a game with gate gaurdian at a tournament. There isn't anyone in this country who can say that they're surely better than i am, wait they can say it, but no one will believe it. I've dueled with the best of the best, my clan has been the most destructive force in yugioh for over 2 years, we've won more tournaments than every other duelist outside of chaos legeon combined, band list and advanced, we dominated throungh every advance structure.
Chaos legeon was formed under pure hatred for duelists who "had all the cards" and was bumping their stinking gums.
I'll always recognize a true chmpion like this, when the competition get's fierce, you stick around and fight. When chaos legeon members were nobodies, we didn't have the best cards and all that, we had to watch duelists like destroyer, hidden agenda and a few others run this game. We made it our own business to rise above all those duelists, and at gatt 2nd tournament when we were ready to make our debute, we destroyed all opposition. I won that tournament without losing a single round. that year out of the 24 tournaments we played in we won 21, the 3 that we didn't win we place 2nd and 3rd, 2nd and 4th, and 3rd. I came to the gatt site and voiced our warnings, and one by one duelists started leaving the game, i'll never forget when i challenged hidden agenda after he told me i'd never be the best, what was his excuse, he have to study so he leaving the game. All those so called big duelists meant nothing to us after gatt 2nd cause we started winning tournament after tournament and we couldn't be stopped.
We continuously provoked duelists so that they would come tournament just to try to beat us, we were arrogant yes, but no one could say that we couldn't back up everything we said. The game has changed since, with the coming of band list after band list, and we stood tall, not running just adapting, when people said that Chaos Legeon was finished we proved them wrong. We were aggressive and i miss that, maybe it's time to awaken the old chaos legeon, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Also the standard of the game in this country has fallen, there is no longer any originality, as people are now netdecking, and by doing this others are also forced to do the same thing, kudos to rio who went against the net decking structure and won a tournament with an insect deck. believe you me the war is still brewing, it's just that everyone is too friendly towards eachother now, so there really isn't any fierce competition.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:33:01 AM »
Listen is not just about when someone big up themself. It's one thing to talk d talk but something else to talk it and walk it, and it's even bigger when you can talk it, walk it and everyone can't dissagree with you. I've done it all in this game, feats that haven't been attempted, but my personal moment of glory was winning a game with gate gaurdian at a tournament. There isn't anyone in this country who can say that they're surely better than i am, wait they can say it, but no one will believe it. I've dueled with the best of the best, my clan has been the most destructive force in yugioh for over 2 years, we've won more tournaments than every other duelist outside of chaos legeon combined, band list and advanced, we dominated throungh every advance structure.
Chaos legeon was formed under pure hatred for duelists who "had all the cards" and was bumping their stinking gums.
I'll always recognize a true chmpion like this, when the competition get's fierce, you stick around and fight. When chaos legeon members were nobodies, we didn't have the best cards and all that, we had to watch duelists like destroyer, hidden agenda and a few others run this game. We made it our own business to rise above all those duelists, and at gatt 2nd tournament when we were ready to make our debute, we destroyed all opposition. I won that tournament without losing a single round. that year out of the 24 tournaments we played in we won 21, the 3 that we didn't win we place 2nd and 3rd, 2nd and 4th, and 3rd. I came to the gatt site and voiced our warnings, and one by one duelists started leaving the game, i'll never forget when i challenged hidden agenda after he told me i'd never be the best, what was his excuse, he have to study so he leaving the game. All those so called big duelists meant nothing to us after gatt 2nd cause we started winning tournament after tournament and we couldn't be stopped.
We continuously provoked duelists so that they would come tournament just to try to beat us, we were arrogant yes, but no one could say that we couldn't back up everything we said. The game has changed since, with the coming of band list after band list, and we stood tall, not running just adapting, when people said that Chaos Legeon was finished we proved them wrong. We were aggressive and i miss that, maybe it's time to awaken the old chaos legeon, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Also the standard of the game in this country has fallen, there is no longer any originality, as people are now netdecking, and by doing this others are also forced to do the same thing, kudos to rio who went against the net decking structure and won a tournament with an insect deck. believe you me the war is still brewing, it's just that everyone is too friendly towards eachother now, so there really isn't any fierce competition.

Quoted for truth.

Although, personally, I don't ever really like to go with the 'herd mentality' and play what everybody else is playing. If I ever win a tournament and get my 15 minutes of fame, I don't ever want people to say that I did it because I copied somebody else. That may be fine for people who win tournaments but have decks that are about as original as pre-chewed gum, but definitely not for me. I want to win on my own steam, using decks that other people wouldn't think of using. I might lose several billion times in the process, but you know what? I sincerely don't care.

After all, the only reason Demise-Dozer decks and Monarch decks became known and feared was because somebody said, "F**K IT." and went against the grain themselves. It's a shame that such decks are now being copied, but once upon a time, these decks were original, and somebody happened to find out how to make them work for them. Personally, that's what I want for myself as a duelist. Somebody who strives for success by finding his own formula for winning, and not because he copied somebody else's.

Carigamers

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:33:01 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal