Author Topic: Man vs Wild  (Read 3087 times)

Offline DreadNaught

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Its a bomb!!!!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Man vs Wild
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »
I stumbled upon this on Discovery Channel an afternoon and i'm hooked.This show is the baddest thing out on TV Bar none.
Took this off of wikipedia (Man vs. Wild is a survival television series on the Discovery Channel hosted by Bear Grylls. Man vs. Wild shows Grylls purposefully demonstrating more extreme methods of survival in harsh conditions. The program has shown him eating raw meat and live fish, staving off hypothermia after intentionally jumping in a frozen lake, and drinking the fluids of elephant feces and his own urine for hydration. Grylls travels with a two-man camera crew during daylight. Grylls contends that the crew is "under very strict instructions not to get involved or help" unless he is in a fatal situation)

Man drinking level pee and nyaming down real snake and frog and ting.A real Junglist.
DreadNaught, a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition.

God gave me a special gift, fashioned in me a fine instrument of warfare.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

Carigamers

Man vs Wild
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »

Offline Nephilim

• Sannin
  • Chakra 56
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q94
  • GPU: 4870
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Broadband: Flow
Re: Man vs Wild
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
yeah i know that show is my fav right now :D there is another called survivor man but it not as cool.

hoss, it had ah episode where this man find a dead zebra...man drop down with he trusty knife and start to munch it, was disgusting and so interesting at the same time.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 1.73 Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: Intel GMA 945
  • RAM: 2.5GB
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
you're not supposed to drink pee......tha is extreme waste from your body your putting back in.....your essientially killing yourself

Trouble in this place tonight........BAN....KAI

Offline Gambitt

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:50:41 AM »
At least it's better than that survivorman crap. In general these shows are all crap with them doing utter and complete balls, like putting coconut oil on their skin to keep from getting sunburn/dehydration.

They actually go out of their way to keep making the situation worse, like wandering off from their campsite on the coast with more than adequate resources and going trekking into the bush or sailing off into the ocean, for NO GOOD REASON. People going to see that crap and figure that they should do it and get their dumb ***** killed.

Dumb **** on survivorman managed to cut himself, but good, trying to get water from a "costarican water vine", and I'm just looking at this damned liana and thinking to myself, "ain't no water in that, aint no water in that. Oh you jack***, cut yourself real nice huh? See? Aint no water in that. Go back to the beach you moron." By the time he was done with that episode it looked like he had managed to give himself a really bad case of the runs, he was drawn and haggard.

I'll give him one thing, he can really get a nice fire going with his firebow. You can see from that act that he might just survive if stuck in the bush. Either that or cause a massive forest fire, killing himself and causing massive ecological damage.

It's as though the "stars" go to the area, scout it out, discuss survival strategies with the locals, and then try to do it themselves without really knowing what they are doing.

Yes, I know there are a lot of asterisks in this post, I put them all in.
Vir insipiens non cognoscet et stultus non intelleget haec

Offline Nephilim

• Sannin
  • Chakra 56
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q94
  • GPU: 4870
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Broadband: Flow
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »
At least it's better than that survivorman crap. In general these shows are all crap with them doing utter and complete balls, like putting coconut oil on their skin to keep from getting sunburn/dehydration.

coconuts have been used for decades for that, even the main ingredient in some sunscreens, however what they call "coconut oil", is far from it, it takes at least 2 weeks for a batch to be made and even then you still have to filter the remaining 'dregs' (at least that is what i call it, can't remember the hindi name), the oil itself doesn't hydrate, that is crap, it does make skin softer though, which might give some the idea that it 'hydrates'. What that idiot rub on he skin was some bleddy jelly!

They actually go out of their way to keep making the situation worse, like wandering off from their campsite on the coast with more than adequate resources and going trekking into the bush or sailing off into the ocean, for NO GOOD REASON. People going to see that crap and figure that they should do it and get their dumb ***** killed.

GPS locater ftw

ocean = bad, and to boot, the F---er still went out KNOWING SHARKS IN THE WATER...

i da take my chances and make a condenser or sum, i cool eating fish or some kinda crustacean...and well...as long as i have nuff curry i could eat any meat  :awesome:

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »

Offline DreadNaught

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Its a bomb!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »
you're not supposed to drink pee......tha is extreme waste from your body your putting back in.....your essientially killing yourself

wiki again

It has been suggested that when a person is in desert survival or surrounded by salt water and devoid of drinking water that the person must resort to drinking his/her own urine if it is the only liquid available. This technique has been said to extend life from one to two extra days. This is due, in large part, to the powerful filtration system of the human kidneys. One of the kidney's primary roles in the excretory system is to filter out wastes and toxins from the bloodstream. If a person's only supply of nutrition is his or her own urine, then the only toxins entering the body will be those already filtered by the kidney. While most of these toxins will be reshuffled through the excretory system, and back into urine, some will be absorbed back into the bloodstream. As the body dehydrates, more and more water will be drained into the urine stream, with the recycled toxins. The more times this is repeated, which is to say, the more times a person drinks his or her own urine with no other nutritional intake, the more potable the urine stream will become. Thus, while no additional water is entering the body, much of it is recycled and added to a decreasingly toxic urine supply, yielding urine that is increasingly closer in concentration to water. Because some of the water is absorbed by the body each time the process is repeated, eventually the desperate individual will just run out of urine. This usually occurs after three to four days
DreadNaught, a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition.

God gave me a special gift, fashioned in me a fine instrument of warfare.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

Offline Gambitt

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 10:00:10 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6911748.stm

Survival show faces 'fake' claim

I still figure it's better than that survivorman crap.

Offline CMR170889

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
  • Novus Ordo Seclorum
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i5
  • RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengence
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:34:40 PM »
I downloaded all Bear's episodes and I take notes lol Not that I'll ever need it.....Im Trinidadian..no way am i ending up in a situation so....anyways question is even thou you may find it all stupid....imagine how much they getting paid for being dread lol.

Im googling and wikiing it and nothing...maybe my search skills are in question here.
You know who's going to inherit the earth?  Arms dealers  because everyone else is to busy killing each other   That's the secret to survival  never go to war    Especially with yourself.

Offline Gambitt

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
Try search terms "bear grylls BBC" or just use the link:
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=bear+grylls+bbc&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6911748.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6913108.stm

"Isolated elements" were not "natural to the environment", Discovery said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter, and promised greater clarity in future.

"For health and safety concerns, the crew and host received some survival assistance while in the field," the channel told the publication.

"Moving forward, the programme will be 100% transparent, and all elements of the filming will be explained upfront to our viewers."

Discovery also promised that any repeats of the series would be "edited appropriately".

It's the BBC so it's probably reasonably credible. ;)

Carigamers

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal