Author Topic: Resistance: Fall of Man  (Read 7476 times)

Offline KillerSlim

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • Xbox/Pc/PS3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Resistance: Fall of Man
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
Guys i jus finished Resistance fall of man, that game is awsome, it had me goin for about a month to unlock everything. You guys should try it,  :banana:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:52:39 PM by TheApprentice »

Carigamers

Resistance: Fall of Man
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »
shouldnt this be in console gaming section? anyway resistance is awesome ending really has you waiting for part 2 online is lag free too :D.
I will live forever..... Until i die

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 03:22:49 PM »
Resistance was an incredible gaming experience...

Played it upwards of 3 times now....

Whats your PSN ID though? so we cud organise some online games...

Post it in the Official GATT Playstation Network Handler List

So what games you got?

(Also if you have any other friends with Playstation 3 Consoles, Tell them to join GATT and tell us their network ID so that we can work to setting up a local PS3 Online Gaming Clan)

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:20:30 AM »
Guys i jus finished Resistance fall of man, that game is awsome, it had me goin for about a month to unlock everything. You guys should try it,  :banana:
Starts of so awesome......great storyline and everything having you wanting more and more.....then it turns into....Halo....which is not really a bad thing.
The game is great though......after reading the postmortem on the game in Game Developer magazine i was truly amazed of how they put this game together given their restrictions. The ideas of the hardware and software for the PS3 being changed, the fact that their E3 2006 presentation of the game was poor, how their hacks to make a playable demo had to be removed and then recoded (taking up time and money constraints) were an issue.

In other words the developers put a crap ton of effort into this game and it really shows and pays off. And THEN to add in a multiplayer scheme that is the best online play on the PS3 (next to Rainbow)...i mean wow that is quite an achievment

To be honest i think these people had to jump a bigger hurdle than Epic did with the integration of Unreal 3 on the 360. Well done i may say and i think SONY should give these guys some serious credit for their work.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
then it turns into....Halo....
I disagree i dont find it to be  anything like halo i know this because i never liked halo lol and resistance i do like :D.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
the entire final battle is HALO reminiscent. You have to blow up intrical generator things on a machine with tons of enemies attacking you? HALO. The stages change from the open spaces to close quarters combat ESPECIALLY comming down to the end and following a storyline developing along the lines of "have to destroy the last boss at X" with a general conception of why but not any intricate detail........HALO. Also an attempt to tie yourself in with the strength of the enemy and why you are capable of being a one man army....HALO. The ending where the enemy is vanquished and you manage to get away by the skin of your teeth with everyone including the gamer thinking you are dead till the final ..and very short cutscene.......HALO

This isnt a bad thing. It works well and given the time constraints the developers had on this game I found myself wanting the game to finish somewhere around level 16 or so because the stages stopped being dynamic and started being pretty similar. Im nitpicking of course on a game i wasnt expecting to be anything and completely exceeding my expectations. Honestly this game has the level of gameplay of Gears of War and its longer, just not as pretty. However the storyline for this was MUCH better.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »
Its also a first person shooter - HALO! oh come on man your points are pretty rediculous its a FPS it has to be similar. Resistance is much more original (in my opinion) and i honestly dont like the whole plot in halo and i think the main character wearing a shiny costume is kinda ridiculous. Id prefer a more realistic feeling game even if there are aliens. Gears of War, Resistance, Call of Duty great game keeps a real enough story.  Only FPS i like that isnt all that realistic is Unreal (lmao Unreal not realistic) because the online experience is amazing tons of game modes and players.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
FPS games have one thing in common.....they are FPS. What makes games like FEAR, COD 2 and UT stand out is the gameplay, fluidity, storyline in some senses, and MOST importantly if you DIDNT know what drives FPS games in the FIRST place.......G R A P H I C S and animation......PRIOROTY. It is used to push the graphics engine to its limits wrt to detail and all the pretty little colision physics that are involved.....eg, Quake 4, FEAR, Elder Scrolls, UNreal and now Bioshock......all these games sporting a graphics engine .......being the FIRST reason for buying the title and the SINGLE similarity. People dont enjoy FPS games because they are GENERIC. Was Far Cry the same as FEAR? is that the same as UT and Elder Scrolls? are you f*cking STUPID? do you know ANYTHING about storyboarding, game flow theories and instructional design theories behind making these IP's? anything ATALL other than "my opinion lol"?

*Reads bloodwars info*......o shi_ that is THE ONLY console you have?  a PS3? Hear what fella.....i know you love your PS3 because its ALL you have and you are trying to justify it because of that.....but it aint working, you reasoning is poor, its reflected in your VERY limited gaming knowledge and fyi...."lol" is not part of a sentence. What is your experience with XBOX LIVE? I go to my "friend" every weekend and play and its not as good? listen....get some more consoles before you even PERCIEVE to generate any kind of reasoning when arguing with me about the ideals of a FPS shooter on a console. I really....REALLY couldnt give a sh!t about your opinion with these kinds of arguments you generate.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:20:01 AM by shivadee »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
Damn...

Bloodwar, I think 'yuh look fuh dat'.
Shivadee WORKS in the gaming industry, has owned/played ALL consoles (I think), so watch your contents
when getting involved in an argument with him.

Now I can understand Laertes' opinion in an earlier post.  Threads like these often degenerate into
flame-fests between fanboys.  Lord knows I've seen plenty.

I don't really like the term 'n00b', but if the shoe fits...
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »
 First of all my cousin who lives right down the street owns a 360 which i play and i did state that gears of war was a great game is that on ps3? i dont really care how much consoles you have you cant tell me a man in a shiny suit doesnt look rediculous in a FPS and fyi i am getting a 360 early next year ( i cant afford to buy multiple consoles fast like you ) so before you start screaming " ps3 fanboy! " realise you are not the only one with an opinion and if you dont like mine fine but dont start ranting a bunch of nonesense. And about you couldnt give a sh*t about my opinion why should i give a sh*t bout yours. All i was saying is you compared a game i like to a game i dont like as if its so similar, if it was that similar id prolly like em both and i did play halo alot before so dont think i just played it for 5 mins and go this game sux ima go play resistance.

Grr anyway before i get out of hand im sorry if i offended you in anyway by my post but it was my opinion and i believe that everyones opinion should be at least respected so if u believe what you believe fine but dont just bash me because you dont agree with me.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
You should listen to mine because SONY and EA  pay me to listen to MY opinions. Who pays for yours? When you say something who goes out and says "im going to get this game because Bloodwar said it was good, and his reasoning is EXACTLY why i want to get this" Do YOU leave an influence like that on people? Because every week i get quite a number of people ASKING me what game or console to get concerning their likes, dislikes and how often they play. THAT is why you should listen to me. It is also why you should listen to ALOT of people on this forum. WE HAVE MORE experience than you.....BY FAR. Ask questions and LISTEN. Dont talk this sh!t you do all the time. You are like a mosquito on this forum that gets swatted everytime you speak. at NO time does anyone agree with what you have to say..not because they disagree,,,,because the reasoning is S H I T.

No ones opinion deserves ANY respect unless they have a good reason behind it. You cannot just come out and say "i doh like this because he in a shiny suit"....what sh!t is that? That is grounds for anything? ATALL? If you say the level design is poor, the AI was poor. I didnt find that dual wielding offered any kind of diversity for single player ability since I found myself with a 2H weapon more. I thought the change from HALO to HALO 2 multiplayer was something that was in need of tweaking and it felt rushed....SOMETHING along those lines

No offence taken to what you said. I was hoping to get a more detailed reason as to why you didnt like these games and why you liked others other than that very short opinon. I dont care what you like or dont like...what i care about is why you like and dont like them.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 01:08:14 PM »
Ok other than the shiny suit which i just found ridiculous i didnt feel connected to the main character like in other games they didnt give you quite enough detail on the character. Im also not very interest in those phaser guns im more into realistic guns and such and thats basically why i didnt like it.

Oh and i understand why your opinion should be respected i just dont think you should bash me cuz i disagree with you. Yes you have more experience in the gaming world but does that give you any reason to be an @ss to anyone who isnt as experienced? and besides ive been playing games since atari i may be young but i owned atari,nintendo aka famicom, supernintendo, nintendo 64, ps1, Gamecube, ps2 and now ps3 and i cant afford to buy ps3 and xbox right away so i bought ps3 first as i had ps1 and ps2 before. I have nothing against the xbox i just like playstation more and as for wii it looks good but Gamecube dissapointed me a bit so im not really sure if i wanna get one.

i hope the above clears up any info on why i dont like halo. And the fact that i have been gaming for a long time should give my opinion some credibility even though im not working for EA right?

oh and you said detailed reason on why i dont like these games were u refering to something other than halo?

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:52 PM »
much better answer :)
This should apply to anything really, any game you speak of.

Im not an ass really, im very direct in my arguments and demand reasoning of you are arguing with me. If anyone is arguing with anyone other than me i couldnt care less.

Gaming for a long time does give you credibility. And that is a good thing. Ive been gaming like some ppl on this forum for over 23 years....more than. Gaming so long i can tell if a title is actually going to sell well or not after playing it for 5 mins, 15 minutes if its an RPG (sometimes more). I really give the games a shot at proving themselves before venturing an opinion and I believe more people should do that too rather than just give a simple response that cannot convice anyone to change their mind.

I actually act this way to encourage people to convince me that I am wrong..and i REALLY hope they do! I hope to be proven wrong and with good reason. That way i learn and can learn from other people and their points of view.

Right now im generating an opinon about GoW online. I havent played it enough to say what i realy think
Sat down a couple nights and played online with Redlum and W1n and others....had fun but I dont like the multiplayer as much as I thought.
I find the character walk cycles to be increadible but they move too slow. I think the weapon selection is too poor and some of the maps were rushed. Its close quarters combat which it has to be since its very limited in the number of people online. THat is a good thing because I prefer close quarters. However im comparing it to HALO 2 online. It could be the experience I have with HALO or just the speed of HALO online compared to the speed of GoW online. Every multiplayer online that is comparable to HALO is comparable to HALO. Shiny suit doesnt bother me, the big hulky characters in GoW dont bother me, its the preferences I have for multiplayer gameplay.

As for guns in HALO, i can see your point. But to me in a shooter the little pew pew "normal" guns are just useless. However the BR in HALO is my favorite weapon, and that is a pew pew gun. The plasma gun has its own attributes too, it can slow the turning of an enemy when you get behind them. The "cheap" combo of plasma pistol full charge fire to drop shield and then BR or Shotgun switch to one shot someone is also a useful combo. All interesting and diverse weapons for a multiplayer.

Now Resistance DOES have that. some REALY nice guns, some nice options and even the phaser style weapons. However I found in resistance I used the regular machine gun/grenades more than any other weapon in the game. Meaning that from my experience the other weapons were inferior, although they were supposed to be more powerful.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »
Exactly and the phaser guns in resistance werent over done so i had no problem with them. But i have to say i dont like resistance online very much. Here are my reasons why although online is lag free as i can run 40 players on a 256k connection the interface well.. sux. I prefer capture the flag to other game types and in resistance all unranked games are run by stupid people who either have 1 hit kills, infinite ammo or both, but cant blame developers for that as it was the players choice.

So i play ranked games but the problem with ranked games is that i dont get to select CTF i have to chose multiplayer games... honestly CTF is only one of those multiplayer games i want to play other than TDM.  So having a randomly generated multiplayer type match is stupid. If that wasnt bad enough ill just play TDM but they always have Chimera vs Humans and Chimera have a clear advantage over humans as they can see through walls. It is not an even matching at all if u play TDM online you will realise that the team with Chimera usually wins. This unbalancing has made me dislike online in resistance so only my bro plays it really.

As for GoW online i havent played it my cuz doesnt have internet :( i heard its like 8 players max though is that true?

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »
Good Lord at big huge argumentative posts...and to think I read them all...  :shakehead:

But...@ Resistance online...Bloodwar and shiv..when we gaming?

http://gatt.carigamers.com/index.php/topic,11765.msg164017.html

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 05:47:10 PM »
well i not mad at him and he not mad at me ( or so he say ) its just an argument those are fun once in a while as long as u dont decide to forget the topic and start flaming.

Oh as for resistance online didnt i post in that thread before u?

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »
when i move accross and hookup in Cali we go talk. I just shelout some doh on a 46 inch widescreen which just right for a single bedroom apt.
When i up an runing you go know ;)

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »
aight cool dudes...

Offline vivman1107

• Kage
  • Chakra 16
  • There is no spoon
    • View Profile
    • vivman1107's Lists
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • GPU: PNY Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
  • RAM: 4 GB Corsair DDR2-800
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
Hmm ... Maybe we should change this to a general FPS discussion thread. I just played Call of Duty 3 on Xbox Live last night for the second time with some of my co-workers. I am normally someone who does not play too many online multiplayer games but I had an absolute blast playing this game. The vehicles add a lot of variety to the gameplay. You never know when you will see a motorcycle, jeep or tank heading your way. Also, I like the quick (10 second) respawns and that you can choose your kit when you respawn to change which weapons you are using. Not having weapons to pick up is a good thing, IMHO, because it evens the playing field for new players who may not know the locations of the various weapons (like in other games). I ended up playing from about 8:30 pm to 3:30 am. I think there is version of it for PS3 as well, so bloodwar, you might want to try it out. Oh, and seeing a motorcycle with 2 passengers fly through the air doing 4 spins after almost hitting it with a tank shell ... priceless.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
COD 3 for ps3 is the best online i have ever played in my life lol its so much fun the single player sux but the multiplayer makes the game well worth it :). I got COD3 when i got my Ps3 it was the first game i played online with it :).

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal