Author Topic: The Origin Thread  (Read 8832 times)

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
  • to each his own, to all the universe
    • me eh have none.....yet
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
  • GPU: XFX 4890 XT on a Nvidia Board :)
  • RAM: OCZ 4 x 2gb PC2 6400 SLi ready
  • Broadband: Flow...watch...talk....mind yuh bizness!!!
The Origin Thread
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »
As a former student of Caribbean history I have come across the statement," What i studying history for? I only minding dead man business!!" But it has been noted over the ages that for the advancement of oneself and his/her environs, one should know the the origin of things that he envelops him/herself on a daily basis. In that way they can better respect the things that they take for granted, and as such have a proper identity of themselves  and their relation with the world they live in. I will seek out some examples for future posts relating to this topic but for now on a light note i want to talk bout Bacchanal.......yes bacchanal, madness in de place, gone tru, let loose and any other variants you could muster up. Here is a link to the origin of the  word en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchanalia , which makes a lot of sense seeing that locals use this as word of mainly colloquial meaning when its roots are way way back. and here is another one......used in varied context " ey boy yuh dotish or wha?yuh doh get virus from PCs" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dote

On a side note....knowing the origin of things is an empowering tool in life so it is essential to get the truth. as my pops does say....."Knowledge is not power Truth is power!!"
I am awaken to the glory that is my birthright!!!

Carigamers

The Origin Thread
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Origin Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »
Two things:

1// Don't you think that the study of history possesses greater validity in the context of a focused, progressive field of study? I suppose if the isolated study history's entire sake is to contribute to the resource of information which these studies will then draw from, then yes, but otherwise...

2// Your dad's aphorism...I don't understand it. Truth in itself is inert. The cognition of truth is subject to the knowledge of it.
What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
^^ I wouldnt say its inert because truth does have the ability to change the way things are, whether or not it's believed or not believed. And history has shown that learning the truth and not just having facts or "knowing" facts  has its implications on society.

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 12:27:32 AM »
(At the risk of sounding ignorant) I believe this world is shaped by perception. The truth really does nothing on it's own. It HAS to be believed. Many times, the truth was revealed and it did nothing until large scale perception was shaped by it e.g. Galileo's jailbird ass for his "Earth-around-the-Sun" theory, Columbus who "risked sailing off the edge of the Earth" *Grown-ass ppl REALLY thought the Earth was flat. WOW.* and even Jesus with his (at the time) revolutionary Teachings. *Forgive dose who WAT? Wham to "eye-fo-an-eye"? Only TWO commandments?*

Even in a Court of Law, it's not about the truth; it's about what you can prove. *That's an actual quote from a police officer, btw.* The successful lawyer is the one who can mold the point of view i.e. PERCEPTION of those sitting in judgement to suit his needs. Further proof of this: You could have ALL the facts, ALL the evidence and STILL lose a case.

That's why we as the appointed masters of this planet are called to higher perceptions, more evolved ways of thinking. That way, the world will be shaped by perceptions which stem from wisdom and we will be on our way to achieving our full potential as a species.

The Faithful are called to temper their perceptions with the study and meditation of their various tenets, the intellects with study and ever-increasing knowledge and all others with dedication to their fields of expertise. When this TRULY begins on a species-wide scale, we will have neither time for nor interest in a lot of the petty shit with which mankind occupies itself. The world's hungry will be fed, the sick will be cured, wars will end and this world will know the kind of enlightnment spoken of only in sci-fi stories of some futuristic Utopia. All because our perceptions will be properly tempered i.e.:

Faiths will truly be made manifest and unified as opposed to everybody picking and choosing what suits them. *Iz either yuh faith says dis or not. PICK YUH NOSE, NOT DE RULES.*
Knowledge will truly be shared and will empower the world, not just drive economic machinery. *You know how many life-saving secrets are kept so that MONEY can be made? Modern medicine is a RACKET.*

Man will finally become what I believe God meant him to be: Worthy of being the species in charge. One by one, we all have to earn the thrones in which we sit or would like to sit. There are those of us who do everyday but only unified can we change the world. If only mankind would get around to paying his dues instead of playing the ASS. Meantime, I'll just do what I can. As far as I'm concerned, this is my perception of who I'm meant to be, the truth I make manifest everyday:

My name is Q; Master of my universe, second to One. Thus sayeth the Lord.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 12:33:32 AM by Q »

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
Pretty well said Q i agree with what you stated, point proven. now does any1 have any other original things that have led to modern living that we take for granted? Like a stapling machine?

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
Box cake. When you taste a cake made from scratch, you'll know what I mean.

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Carigamers

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal