Author Topic: Hey guys welcome  (Read 25799 times)

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
Hey guys welcome
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »
Well ive recently, as of january, made a dramatic change in my life in the realm of health and fitness.
Thanks in part to the secret,my doctor, insulin and in LARGE part too health and fitness magazines AKA muscle mags.

Ive gotten so much life altering information from these magazines and ive been losing weight like crazy as well as filling out.
IAm really enjoying it and i would really like to bring what ive learned to you guys as well as i want to have an outlet for all the fitness buffins out there to help everyone.

I only know what has worked for me thus far, so iam asking the fit people out there to contribute.

If your a fitty and have alot of advice, please indicate to me whether or not youd like to be made a mod on this forum so you can work on sub topics and modify things as you see fit.

Ill post my first set of info tonight when i get home.

BUt ill let the cat out the bag on one thing.

If your a big guy and yu wanna lose weight?
Train like a body builder, believe me, you will love the weight loss and muscle gain =^_^= Nya nya

Carigamers

Hey guys welcome
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: Hey guys welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »
What about supplements? You taking anything or it's just weight training?

Where the before and after pix?

What gym you hittin? Or using a bow flex?

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
was gonna give all that info when i hit home

supplementing yes
gym west mall bio fitness
$250 a month, open 24/7
very nice

as well as barbell and dumb bells at home
ill give indepth info when i hit home

Offline Chan

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »
Well I would sugest martial arts Great for the body and mind. Like Aikido, Karate or  Kendo(propobly my fav) they are all great and lots of fun too. Unless you have to live in the dojo! lol

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
Well I am what I would consider 'more than avg joe' into the whole gym scene. To give an idea of what i'm talking about i'll post a comparison shot I did 1 year apart. I was at my heaviest 230lbs and I am currently 185-190lbs. I lost the bulk of my weight in 10 weeks. I dropped from 220lbs to about 190 in that 10 weeks. since then it has been small steps in terms of weight loss but I can attest to great gains in muscle tone, overall size (appearance) and overall fitness level. If you're on facebook (which most of the world is) look for a group called GYM RATS. A good friend of mine started that group and I am an honourary team member due to my great weight loss. Do peruse the group page as its open to everyone. The admin who is also a personal trainer posts many great articles and tips for different techniques and training programs. If you want more information about my own regiment feel free to ask ask well. Here's the comparison picture

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »
I used to do quite a bit of weights a while back. I damaged my back, had to go for traction for a month..and never really wanted to go into heavy weights too much again.

How i damaged my back. Essentially, not doing enough research and a bad trainer.

Was pushing about 1000 lbs for so on the leg press. You have to be seated properly and you must NOT bend your head forward, always lean back.

Stupid me didnt read up on this and of course the trainer didnt mention this, I had my head up for a whole set. Later that evening i started getting pains in my lower back. Had to stop.

Right now along with Crixxx, im on the diabetes seen. Im pre diabetic

I've started a healthy schedule every day. 70 percent of your weightloss is diet, maybee more.

Ive dropped from 195 to 170 in about 4-5 months.

1. Run/jog for about 1 hour a day. I dont know how long it is, but i run uphill,downhill and flat.
2. Twister excercise...the lil 5US dollar machine you do twists on for your waistline, works wonders. I do 2 x 40 in the morning and evening
3. I dunno what they called but i call it a supercrunch. Legs and arms up together 2 x 20 morning and evening
4. inclined pushups 2 x 20 and flat pushups 2 x 20. Morning and evening. I do pushups on my knuckles. Kinda a habit since i was 12 when i used to do mih lil shoto khan martial arts.
5. Stretch bands, 3 sprang curls . 3 x 10 morning and evening
6. Stretch bands 3 x 10 wrap around the door handle thingy, chest and wing exercise, back as well.
7. 1x 50 morning and evening jumping jacks....that thing is pretty damn good.

As u can see its mostly cardio and exercise i focus on to loose the weight etc. Im not near a gym so this is what I use.

As for diet.

1. Egg whites in the morning, with veges, fried in PAM cooking spray
2. Fruits for lunch or maybee yogurt
3. Baked chicked and veges or something of the sort for dinner

Veges are awesome, work wonders.

Unlike Crixx i had have the occasional chocolate, beer, pizza etc every now and then, dunno if Crixx can. Im on Metformin just like he is.

Supps....not realy
Centrum, Vitamin B complex. End of story.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »
wow, that's an intense program boy Shiv.

Couldn't fathom doing that every day.

I jog in the bushes for about 1-2 hours max, but that's on a pretty extreme training session. Did that like twice a week for a few months earlier this year.

It cut into my own program, which is to gain another fifteen pounds before year end. Currently at 185 (just got off the scale). Aiming for 200.

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »
I'm a very small guy but I'm about bursting with information on this stuff.
I eat clean as hell, no fast foods, drink only water and green tea and train 4 times a week.
Anyone looking for cutting advice I can probably give you some, even as comparatively small as I am I managed to cut 6" off my waist and cut my bodyfat to between six and seven percent in 3 months this year.

Supplements...err...multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin E, omega 3:6:9 oil blend, fish oil, glucosamine chondroitin, ZMA, creatine, whey. And I'm going on some other stuff soon too (beta alanine, BCAA). So yeah, anything short of steroids I've probably used it in an attempt to fight these god awful small man genetics of mines.

Diet. I eat lots of eggs, milk, beef, chicken breast, canned tuna/chicken/turkey, oatmeal etc. Got a great recipe for health muffine (or cupcakes if you don't have muffin tins like me lol) if anyone wants.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »
What's your current height/weight exar? and what's your target weight?

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
  • to each his own, to all the universe
    • me eh have none.....yet
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
  • GPU: XFX 4890 XT on a Nvidia Board :)
  • RAM: OCZ 4 x 2gb PC2 6400 SLi ready
  • Broadband: Flow...watch...talk....mind yuh bizness!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
yeah exar i  just like that to, i ketching meh rasclat @$$ to hold on a measly 140 lbs, for the lack of a better term, i want to look ,HEALTHIER, like ah eating something when the day comes but, i does eat when i hungry, not at clock work. How could i put on about a ten lbs esp in the upper body department?
I am awaken to the glory that is my birthright!!!

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
I'm basically where you are Trinitus.5'9" at around 140. I was about 155 at the start of the year but I cut about half my body fat off and basically have to begin reclaiming territory previously conquered. One thing I did learn from the cut that's going to serve me well now though is strict nutrition.

I'm sure you know you have to exercise to add mass to your frame but what's even more important is nutrition. You really need to start to down some food, and on a  regular basis. Supplements will help obviously but the most basic of basics is your diet. If you simply need to add more calories there's easy ways to fix that without having you watch the clock eating every 3-4 hours (though that is preferable).
A weight gain shake can really help you add calories to your diet. And I'm not talking about buying a premade one from a supplement store either. Oatmeal, peanut butter, cottage cheese, milk. In conjunction with a blender you can drink 16oz that have as many calories as a flickin KFC dinner special but with a much better nutritional profile. If you've got protein powder it of course only strengthens the nutritional profile of these shakes.

As for workout, if you can't make it to the gym or don't want to spend the money/have no equipment at home, here's a nice no equipment workout that can start you off well: Here

So do your best to up your daily calorie intake and keep working out regularly. Don't up your calories intake too much though, you want to monitor what your body can use for building muscle, anything over that will just add fat to your frame.

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:15 PM »
i'm about 5'10 and 150 pounds , never had major weight or fitness problems  , just been a too flabby for my liking .

Also interested in maybe one day trying  out for modelling...  You just need to be a skinny and tall bastard to make it honestly .

I do a mix of weight training and cardio , 2-3 times a week ,  about 1 hour a day on upper body , or lower , or plain cardio .

Not too dedicated with the regime , stopped for a few months due to school and just started back this month.

I go larry gomes stadium gym.. 120 a month , decent trainers and equipment... plus i can mako at the occasional football game for free. Its walking distance from where i live .

Lost about 5 pounds from last year but still softer than i'd like to be.

I don't believe in spending money on gatorade.. expensive whey protein powders etc. (i'm not an athlete) , if i'm looking for protein i'll eat a few eggs, drink just plain water in the gym but i stock up on sugar before by mixing a set of sugar with juice or milo .

If i'm doing cardio i'll bring a bottle with some extra sweet homemade juice , works well enough for me.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:16:33 PM by TrinithereturnofGamez »
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »
HOLY CRAP you guys are FLY WEIGHTS... I haven't been 150lbs since form 4 secondary school some decade ago!!! i'm 5'8"/9" and 190lbs and I CATCHING MEH @$$ to drop weight. In fact my weight in spite of losing inches off meh waist hasn't changed significantly in over 8 months O_O. I could easily give recommendations for becoming 'healthier looking' is IF allyuh stomach could expand that much XD

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
If you don't want to spend the money on protein powders Trini, you'd do well to drink chocolate milk after each of your workouts.
The ideal post workout drink for protein synthesis is water with whey, dextrose, maltodextrin, BCAAs but some chocolate milk will do more for you post workout than water will.

Additionally you should eat a proper meal with carbs and protein an hour or two afterwards to keep protein synthesis happening optimally.

I was probably more or less in your shoes Trini at the start of the year. If you want I could tell you my routine that I used. My waist went from 33" to 27" in that time and I've got some pretty decent abs including those diagonal cut lines and all that. I don't think you should be trying to get smaller than that though. I was frankly quite disgusted at how much more of a beanpole I was when I finished my cut and look forward to getting my lean mass up past where I was before.
Strangely enough I get more looks now (from women, man does still merit a cuff), probably the better chest:waist ratio.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 06:43:34 PM »
lol @ these feather weights indeed

iam now @ 240, january this year i was 265
iam 6'1.5

ive never lost this much weight
and i have to thank muscle and fitness
i keep getting side tracked when i try to post up my info

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
  • to each his own, to all the universe
    • me eh have none.....yet
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
  • GPU: XFX 4890 XT on a Nvidia Board :)
  • RAM: OCZ 4 x 2gb PC2 6400 SLi ready
  • Broadband: Flow...watch...talk....mind yuh bizness!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
If you don't want to spend the money on protein powders Trini, you'd do well to drink chocolate milk after each of your workouts.
The ideal post workout drink for protein synthesis is water with whey, dextrose, maltodextrin, BCAAs but some chocolate milk will do more for you post workout than water will.

Additionally you should eat a proper meal with carbs and protein an hour or two afterwards to keep protein synthesis happening optimally.

I was probably more or less in your shoes Trini at the start of the year. If you want I could tell you my routine that I used. My waist went from 33" to 27" in that time and I've got some pretty decent abs including those diagonal cut lines and all that. I don't think you should be trying to get smaller than that though. I was frankly quite disgusted at how much more of a beanpole I was when I finished my cut and look forward to getting my lean mass up past where I was before.
Strangely enough I get more looks now (from women, man does still merit a cuff), probably the better chest:waist ratio.

I dont want to get smaller, and iam about the same height, waist about 28, I like the info though, the only thing i was wondering is that i also do martial arts, does the dcardio in that affect the ability to put on MASs?
I am awaken to the glory that is my birthright!!!

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »
no it doesnt

Putting on Mass has three criteria
GENETICS (big bad genes, you cant beat them)
Nutrition, only slightly less as big as genetics, you cant get big without nutrition
and of course, weight training.

Cardio will lean you out, but wont give you mass, but it isnt a hindrance to putting on mass.

grr, i really wanna get teh chance to put up my stuff about losing weight and putting on muscle but my week has been insane.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
The sad and unfortunate truth about fitness and living a healthy lifestyle is it's usually far more expensive than being unhealthy and I have my conspiracy theories on what that is... but I digress. Crixx has pointed out something VERY important. Genetics BE DAMNED!!!  blame ur parents, ur grandparents etc. Genetics has a significant role in the physique you have and how difficult or easy it can be to achieve certain weight goals. Take for instance I can gain mass easily in most cases, however losing is difficult. I know ppl that lose muscle mass at a rate that rivals the free fall of the WTC. There are also hormonal and other biological factors that can hinder ppls ability to lose weight.

Apart from just taking the best of the best supplements which can be prohibitively expensive, some of the things you should do when considering an exercise regiment is to set a goal whether it be weight, waist, overall appearance, lifting capabilities, stamina, etc. Once you have a goal to work towards, you need to set a timeframe. Now timeframe is a subjective thing. As I started with mentioning supplements, based on you BUDGET, you'll be able to better determine what a REALISTIC timeline is for your progress. If you can't afford spending 500TT on supplements a month, not to mention eating properly and proper equipment for your tasks (whether it be proper running shoes, or gloves, belt, clothes, etc) you need to assess what is reachable and scale to match.

Just to mention a few things, in certain cases Cardio depending on what it is you're doing exactly can actually have minimal effects on overall mass. Case in point, a good friend of mine struggled to maintain 135lbs with weight training, supplements, etc. However he became a member of his Company's BG World Energy challenge team and has maintained 132lbs without any heavy weight training or supplements. Believe it or not all he does is cycle and run. His physique is more ripped now and his mass does not fluctuate. Keep in mind he can run a 10km in <50mins. Depending on your goals Cardio will not change your overall mass by as much as you think. Genetics played a role in my friends case as well.

Consider consulting a dieticion (or however it's spelt) and a personal trainer if you're new to the gym (esp if you're new) but beyond that, as shiv is a testament to, it has to be someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. And trust me in T&T there are ALOT OF POSERS. So be careful.

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »
Yes it will affect your gains, assuming you don't keep yourself in a calorie surplus. By that I mean if you're burning calories without re-adding them you'll suffer a bit. I doubt you burn more than a few hundred cals in a MA session but it's important to take that into consideration as far as your total daily intake goes.

Something I should clear up about Crixx's post. Cardio only 'leans you out' in the sense that it helps with putting on a calorie deficit. When in a deficit your body needs to burn mass to fuel itself.
It is highly highly impractical to put on lean mass and lose fat at the same time. The reasoning should be obvious, if losing fat requires a calorie deficit and gaining mass requires a calorie surplus then obviously they're basically mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying it can't happen in a limited sense, but you certainly won't be seeing optimal results. You can tailor your week so that your calorie intake fluctuates in time with your resistance training and cardio days, but since protein synthesis happens over the course of days you'll be screwing yourself up when you decide to go into deficit when your muscles are still in a state of growth potential from your last workout.

That said, you can of course gain lean mass and have less body fat, simply because by gaining lean at a faster rate than you gain fat your overall bodyfat percentage will decrease.

One thing I'd caution you about Crixx is in not taking the things you read in those muscle mags with at least a grain of salt. Those guys in there are juiced up to their eyeballs; their routines and gain/cut cycles are tailored to fit the edge they're giving themselves through the needle.

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal