Poll

who do you vote for

bf 1942
7 (70%)
halo mp
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: halo combat evolved mp Vs. bf1942  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.EXTREME.com
halo combat evolved mp Vs. bf1942
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2003, 04:10:08 PM »
halo lacks realisim yes...but one thing that battlefield lacks in a VERY BIG WAY is physics....lemme explain...
in battlefield...when you throw a grenade or hit a car with a rocket launcher ...it blows up...realistic yes...but...say if its in the blast radius...the vehicle is sent out of control...it keeps going its original path...in halo however...when a car is struck with a grenade or rocket launcher it is hurled into the air....which should normally happen if it occured                    
on the battlefield,you must learn in the battles that ended in victory or defeat...you must think about if those lives were either spent for a good cause or or wasted

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2003, 04:10:08 PM »

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2003, 04:16:47 PM »
and halo is close range,long range and vehicle combat...the reason why you cant play halo probably because your so used to sniping and vehicle usage in battlefield which halo isnt fullt about...halo is about foot soldier combat more than battlefield...cuz unlike  halo...the only tactics you need to use in bf 1942 have to take place during a ctf or control the area games..... halo requires skill to take out a man with a bigger gun and vehicles....in battlefield 1942 ...whoever has the biggest gun...well wins..which is BORING AND LAME

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2003, 04:20:29 PM »
and halo is close range,long range and vehicle combat...the reason why you cant play halo probably because your so used to sniping and vehicle usage in battlefield which halo isnt fullt about...halo is about foot soldier combat more than battlefield...cuz unlike  halo...the only tactics you need to use in bf 1942 have to take place during a ctf or control the area games..... halo requires skill to take out a man with a bigger gun and vehicles....in battlefield 1942 ...whoever has the biggest gun...well wins..which is BORING AND LAME

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2003, 05:18:28 PM »
i prefer halo
both games are fun
but the gameplay physics in halo are just perfect                    

Offline zaibatsu

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii, Gamecube
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Blink
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 07:53:36 PM »
I am very sorry to disapoint you xen sparten, but you have it all wrong. The man with the bigger gun does not always win in bf. That game is specifically taylored so that nothing, absolutley nothing has the advantage. You get in a plane, get gunned down bu machine guns and flak. Get in a ship, subs and bombers get you. Tanks are weak to other tanks, rocket men, exp packs, nothing is superior.

Dont talk about physics either, bf has it all worked out. Ill admit, the parachute opening at 5 feet cuts it a bit short, but that is understood. The people have a feel of realism to them. I tried halo, but the lasers were tiresome. Too fake. Charge up some big green ball. Whats that? Cannot contest with Bf.                    

There is a pleasure sure

In being mad, which none but madmen know.

-Dryden. The Spanish Friar, II, i.

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 07:53:36 PM »

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2003, 08:22:10 PM »
ok you've been playing bf longer than i have but i have much more experience with first person shooters and its physics.....now in halo it has its own sort of realisim...lets see HALO IS IN THE 25th CENTURY...secondly...the character you play as in single and multplayer mode better known as master chief (the dreadest character ever made) has plasma shields...which will preety much EXIST IN THE 25th century....has super enhanced flexibilities...and strength...not only that...he wears an armor called mjolnir battle suit which is made up of titanium....so from a 25th century perspective of a spartan....thats realism....besides battlefield 1942  pvp combat BLOWS....and everyone uses a vehicle to kill someone...how boring is that...                    
on the battlefield,you must learn in the battles that ended in victory or defeat...you must think about if those lives were either spent for a good cause or or wasted

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2003, 08:34:14 PM »
and not only that...people said halo is only man to man combat....in some cases it is...but so what? halo is easy and dread enough to be all-round something battlefield 1942 LACKS.....and to top it off....if you cant beat someone in man- to - man combat...well... i adivse you not to play any other first person out there... cuz it means you  truly a joob...

Chief look downward from the starship from the jump-off onto the covie carrier....he thinks about everything he has done that comes down to this moment....of greatness....
Cortana felt nervous "what if you miss...."  
He nods and replies  with an emotionless face,"i wont"                    

Offline zaibatsu

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii, Gamecube
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 04:01:28 PM »
I am very sorry, but you are telking absolute rubbish.
You cannot talk about "realsim" and "physics" in a game that is set in the 25th century. IT HASNT HAPPENED YET! There is no possible way you can discuss what is or isn't real in that game. So too bad.

Battlefield on the other hand has no jetpacks, lasers or super jumps, so is far more realistic and down to earth on so many more levels.
What are you trying to say battlefield not being well rounded?!?
By elimininating the single player, they have focused on the multiplayer, perfecting it. No pvp combat?!? You on crack? That is the beauty of battlefield. Decision. You can very well fight hand to hand if you like, just pay the consequenses when you get bombed.
You obviously do not know this game at all.

What is this about how i should not play any other fps?!? Jus cuz i dont like lasers and plasma dosn't mean i suck at them you know. I'll more than give you a run for your money. People will back me up on that.

Can't contest!                    

There is a pleasure sure

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2003, 08:15:31 PM »
HALO: graphics card whore, looks like crap on anything but a radeon or a REALLY hi end geforce .
BF1942:RAM whore , looks okay on most cards but needs at least 256mb to play and host .

in my eyes RTCW: ET is de best multiplayer FPS..... WWII like BF, no planes to fly , small and plays fast , graphics are ALOT better than halo on low end cards. you guys should dump dem resource hogs and get ET!!                    
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline zaibatsu

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii, Gamecube
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2003, 03:57:35 PM »
The reason you play battlefield is because of the vehicles. Playing another game then comparing it to battlefield would be kinda pontless.                    

There is a pleasure sure

Offline Ickori

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2003, 09:41:57 AM »
Battle field by far obviously, there is no comparison.
I back whatever zaibatsu says and where the hell is twister and dura to cuss up these men.
Yeah and xen you whoop my @ss in halo once down euro boy, jah!!!!!!!!!!!                    

Never forgive the bad ones

Carigamers

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2003, 09:41:57 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal