Author Topic: Another Capcom Crossover?  (Read 18038 times)

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
Another Capcom Crossover?
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
Yes, indeed. Hitting arcades soon, Capcom is going up against yet another company, and this time, it's Tatsunoko Animation's best up for the challenge.

The next issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine (on sale on May 23) will reveal that a Tatsunoko vs. CAPCOM: Cross Generation of Heroes arcade fighting game is being developed for this winter in Japan. Like other games in CAPCOM's "Vs." line, the new game will feature characters from the developer's own fighting game franchises such as Street Fighter II's Chun Li (Fumiko Orikasa) and Ryuu (Hiroki Takahashi). However, it will also include characters from Tatsunoko's in-house anime creations, such as Ken (Katsuji Mori) from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (adapted in English as Battle of the Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders) and the title character (played by Daisuke Ono) of the Shinzo Ningen Casshan anime.

Ono has not played the Casshan character (also known as Casshern) before, although Madhouse is animating a new television series for this fall. Famitsu's screenshots also include mecha from Yatterman, which is enjoying renewed popularity with an ongoing top-10 anime series and an upcoming live-action film remake.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-21/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-arcade-game-in-the-works

Scan from Magazine: http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1726bd2.jpg

In case you're wondering, Tatsunoko's star projects include Speed Racer, G-Force (Battle of the Planets), Neon Genesis Evangelion and Samurai Pizza Cats.

This may not even hit our shores, but it's still going to be awesome.

Carigamers

Another Capcom Crossover?
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
  • Broadband: Flow/Blink
  • PSN: David_Crockett
Re: Another Capcom Crossover?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:35:23 AM »
I wonder if its going to be new spirtes or the same old low res ones.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »
I take it you didn't even look at the second link. You know...the one that says 'Scan from Magazine'?

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:59:31 AM »
I think it's absolutely awesome that capcom feels the need to keep pumping out these nonsensical titles instead of devoting the time and work to new IPs. Consolve work hasn't even begun on SF IV yet, nevermind they are investing time, money, and resources into this nonsense. The team they have working on this could be devoting their time to speeding up the process of RE5. sigh...

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »
I think it's absolutely awesome that capcom feels the need to keep pumping out these nonsensical titles instead of devoting the time and work to new IPs. Consolve work hasn't even begun on SF IV yet, nevermind they are investing time, money, and resources into this nonsense. The team they have working on this could be devoting their time to speeding up the process of RE5. sigh...

(This is your argument)

And this is my counter.

1// This is a new IP. Don't be absurd. That's like saying Capcom vs SNK is the same IP as Street Fighter vs X Men.

2// Capcom of America is responsible for the production SFIV and they've outsourced it to a development studio within Capcom of Japan. If you wanna be snarky about the console version of SF4 you're directing it at the wrong people.

3// This is going to make Capcom of Japan lots of money. Besides when is the last time Capcom released a new "vs" game in this vein? Marvel vs Capcom 2 was released in 2000; Capcom vs SNK 2 in 2001; Capcom Fighting Evolution in 2005 (which is pure shovelware, I'll admit).

So yes...three new titles since the turn of the century. Yeah. They're really pumping, aren't they?

4// You are right. They could have this team integrated into the Biohazard team because putting all your eggs in one basket is fun and cool and there are no axioms about doing the contrary. Neither is the biohazard team specialized in the type of development needed -specifically- for this title and Capcom is not, ultimately, a business interested in expanding their profit margin in a substantial manner.

---

Would've been better off simply saying, "I don't like the MvC series."
What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »

(This is your argument)

And this is my counter.

1// This is a new IP. Don't be absurd. That's like saying Capcom vs SNK is the same IP as Street Fighter vs X Men.

2// Capcom of America is responsible for the production SFIV and they've outsourced it to a development studio within Capcom of Japan. If you wanna be snarky about the console version of SF4 you're directing it at the wrong people.

3// This is going to make Capcom of Japan lots of money. Besides when is the last time Capcom released a new "vs" game in this vein? Marvel vs Capcom 2 was released in 2000; Capcom vs SNK 2 in 2001; Capcom Fighting Evolution in 2005 (which is pure shovelware, I'll admit).

So yes...three new titles since the turn of the century. Yeah. They're really pumping, aren't they?

4// You are right. They could have this team integrated into the Biohazard team because putting all your eggs in one basket is fun and cool and there are no axioms about doing the contrary. Neither is the biohazard team specialized in the type of development needed -specifically- for this title and Capcom is not, ultimately, a business interested in expanding their profit margin in a substantial manner.

---

Would've been better off simply saying, "I don't like the MvC series."

LOL @ the aggressive and insultive reply complete with pic of "bunny cry." You most definitely don't know who you're trying your nonsense with. Keep that filth for your other gatt kiddy buddies, fella. This is exactly why I quit posting on here.

Anyways...

1.New IP... hardly. And yes, it is saying that it's all part of a series, Capcom Vs. You think because they don't share some stupid storyline it's not a series? LOL.

2. My point was the waste of TIME, MONEY, and RESOURCES. It matters not by what means they get it made, it's the waste of TIME, MONEY, and RESOURCES. And thanks for schooling me, but you're WRONG. SF IV is being dev'd by DIMPS, a company founded by former members of SNK and independant. NOT a sub of capcom in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

3. As it was pointed out to me, by someone who knows a shit, the VS. series didn't do particularly well in Japan. LOL. So you're fiscal predictions over a title from a fiscally mediocre series.

3a. Yes. Pumping out. "since the turn of a century" lmfao. You sir are lacking in the upstairs dept.

4. You OBVIOUSLY do not understand how organizational of a company works. Especially in the media industry. Once again, it's a matter of moving around TIME, RESOURCES, and MONEY!  You say "a business interested in expanding their profit margin in a substantial manner." nevermind they are investing in propelling a another title in a series of mediocre titles".

Yeah... I bid you a FINE DAY, SIR.

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »
I take it you didn't even look at the second link. You know...the one that says 'Scan from Magazine'?

Yes I did. Its way too small to identify if it news sprites or not.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 11:55:03 AM »
*snickers*

So you've only successfully contradicted me on the point of it being made by Dimps as averse to an in house studio in Capcom of Japan despite the fact that Capcom USA does own the rights to it.

Congrats.

So yeah, your point of it being a waste of time money and resources is solely your opinion, which is substantiated by pretty much nothing... but you are far too occupied by your own opinion to see that. You didn't address the point of the biohazard team being specialized neither did you bother to go into detail as to why it's a waste of "time, money and resources". Buzzwords don't make an argument. Again, would've been better off simply saying, "I don't like the MvC series."

You also maintain that 3 titles is "pumping out", a phrase that implies constant excess while in the same line expressing contrived ridicule for using an indefinite article instead of a definite article. Hypocrisy, ad hominem and pretentiouness all in one go. Nice.

If you think a game involving some of Japan's most celebrated anime icons vs celebrated video game icons is not going to sell well then kudos to you. Never mind the thriving arcade scene combined with Capcom's tendency to port and re-release games. Otherwise, you've nothing more in your post to address other than opinion, dross and strawmen.

You said you stopped posting here. Continue along that endeavor.

Oh...and again.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:00:40 PM by Synchronomyst »

-The Locust

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

If you think a game involving some of Japan's most celebrated anime icons vs celebrated video game icons is not going to sell well then kudos to you. Never mind the thriving arcade scene combined with Capcom's tendency to port and re-release games. Otherwise, you've nothing more in your post to address other than opinion, dross and strawmen.

You clearly have no idea how the japanese market works for fighting games. A game can be how iconic, if they don't have the gameplay its gonna fail. From capcom's history its clear that their track record with "balanced games" in the VS series isn't that good, and thats why if this game keeps the same formula its gonna fail. The arcade scene is thriving, but if it fails at the arcade then the console port will most likely fail also (The Rumble Fish and Spectral vs Generation comes to mind, both epic failures).

Judging from the famitsu screenshots, it looks like a watered down SF4 engine and it is speculated that this game has also been outsourced to some smaller company like they did with the Kenichi fighting game, also when Capcom re-releases games after the initial console release it does it at budget prices.

Hokuto No Ken & Sengoku Basara X (Devil Kings) are good examples of this, very popular franchises that went downhill fast. I can't remember when last I saw a SBX match video and the game is NEW. I can find more Street Fighter 4 videos than SBX videos. Hokuto has seen a resurgence though, but thats only because it's at SBO this year and since thats the only tournament that gives out monies, guess why people are playing it.

Re- Eroo:
Its not using sprites.

Why isn't anyone talking about KOF XII that shit blows all of this out of the water :D

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »
I think the bunny rabbit should say  ""Boo hoo hoo!! they made another Marvel vs [some other series]"!!!!
God is dead.

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
Found some additional screens. Definitely looks like its running on the 3d SF4 engine. Looks pretty good. Capcom could make a million vs games as long as they all look and play good

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0805/game080522a.shtml

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »
rb, MvC2 always manages to find room at tougeki (side tournaments)* and we all know about the balanace of that game at high level play. And you're not being fair...The Rumble Fish was -awful-.

Also...I've heard nothing new of KoFXII after I saw the video. Looks great, though.

* Ps yeah I'm definitely wrong here. Utter bulls**t. I'm thinking of qualifications. But CFE wasn't there last year, was it? I'm looking at a list right now and I don't see it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:49:27 PM by Synchronomyst »

-The Locust

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »
there are no side tournaments @ sbo and for the most part MVC2 is dead in japan, you're thinking about evolution, it's the main event there most of the time.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
Good lord, Jesus Christ. This thread is full of so much failure, I don't know where to begin. Oh wait, I do.

HAY GUYS THIS GAME SUCKS KAY

Also, image macros only succeed when they're not a "WHOA GOD WALL OF TEXT!!!"

Seriously, if you're going to carry on like that, then do us all a favour, dude.

You said you stopped posting here. Continue along that endeavor.

Right. Moving on to a post that doesn't suck.

You clearly have no idea how the japanese market works for fighting games. A game can be how iconic, if they don't have the gameplay its gonna fail. From capcom's history its clear that their track record with "balanced games" in the VS series isn't that good, and thats why if this game keeps the same formula its gonna fail.

Why isn't anyone talking about KOF XII that shit blows all of this out of the water :D

True. But while Capcom's track record with maintaining any form of balance with their games may be sub-par, they always manage to produce a game that keeps people coming.

As for KOF XII.....SNK's pretty much iffish with me as of late. Their latest titles were fun for a while, but got old really fast. I haven't picked up my copy of NGBC for months, and I had a blast with that game when I first ran through it. I agree, it does look all right, but right now, I'm wondering how long it'll be before I play it and then move on to something else.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:16:58 PM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
Nope. Some people are hinting that Tron Bonne might be a playable character, since her level is prominently featured in the screenshots.

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »
<-- trailor

i take it back...aircombo to midair tag ? i'll take my copy now thanks.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:30:29 PM by rb »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 10:59:53 PM »
Awesome so far, but I'm not going to be completely sold unless a Samurai Pizza Cat or Dante is confirmed as a character.

No, Capcom, look-alikes don't count.

One thing I'm glad for is that the cheesy assist system that plagued MvC2 appears to be gone. That's a definite plus in my book.

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
&lt;_&lt; >_> it seems assists are in

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-pv_R6edWW8

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »
Dammit, Capcom.

Well, in any case, I suppose it won't be too bad with only two people per team.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »
Forgive me for being obnoxious, but.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:00:10 PM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal