Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 280468 times)

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2009, 07:04:17 PM »
Damn noob. I know you're right, and I hate you for it. mcmcmc. I still strongly maintain that they should have found another way to protect their game rather than totally derailing multiplay.

Win, if you ran with us on some of the serious battles, you'd get it....trust me, you'd get it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:06:13 PM by Captain Awesome »

Carigamers

« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2009, 07:04:17 PM »

Offline AR!Ø

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Mai
    • PS3 - WiiU - GC
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.40ghz
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 690 by ASUS
  • RAM: 8 GB @ 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast
  • Origin ID: ariormtr
  • PSN: ario0787
  • Steam: ario0787
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »
the host migration thing...that is going to be such a royal pain at crucial moments, I can see it now.

Offline Redfish

• Sannin
  • Chakra 28
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core i5 2500K 3.4GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 670 2 GB DDR5
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »
well, wait and see what happens.... if it sucks ass then we can truly say HA! told ya so

If it doesn't we have a world of fun shooting each other's heads off.....

simple

but I'm still getting a console and may possibly save a bunch of money on my car insurance  :happy0203:

Offline Philosophical45

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 8
  • PERFORMANCE|P²
    • :computer:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • GPU: GTX 680
  • RAM: 16GB PNY DDR3 1600MHZ
  • BattleNet ID: Shotology101/#1936
  • Broadband: :blinkbroadband:
  • MBL: Samsung S5 Mini
  • Origin ID: shotology101
  • Steam: shotology101
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2009, 07:52:49 PM »
imagine that nah jed, running down ah corridor, see ah man pop out, yuh aim down d effin sites, and then BAMMM!!!!

*CHANGING HOSTS*

POW POW POW, DEATH IN YUH MUDDA C*&$

lol good lord, real men going and cuss now

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2009, 09:43:50 PM »
imagine that nah jed, running down ah corridor, see ah man pop out, yuh aim down d effin sites, and then BAMMM!!!!

*CHANGING HOSTS*

POW POW POW, DEATH IN YUH MUDDA C*&$

lol good lord, real men going and cuss now

no no no it doesn't work like that. The only conditions for that happening (which is the exception rather than the rule) is if the connection chosen as host get crappy all a sudden OR the man who hosting cyah take lixx and ride he shot. Otherwise you will NOT find that happening in the middle of gameplay. And as on XBL if man doing that yuh can report him and in the worst case get him ban. Allyuh hadda sweat on XBL THEN take another go at slamming the distributed model.

Men not seeing one of the major upsides, there is NOTHING like the server down or updating or need to reboot. Cause ANYONE can be a server for the match and @ Capn, so you suggesting that the online MW sweat is not serious?

Carigamers

« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2009, 09:43:50 PM »

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:45 AM »
My 2 cents on the matter is that alot of the complaints...well most or all are coming from pc gamers who swear by and only game on pc.
They feel offended by having their way of gaming be "consolized".
The thing is the system works on PSN and LIVE, just as it worked on PC in the past.
I have both cod4 and codwaw for both pc and ps3 and prefer console (not because of controller) but because how streamlined everything works.
I really think ya'll should give it a wait and give it a try, be a little more open to the change. As for me and getting MW2 for PC, I still getting it sometime down the line because I actually do like the whole matchmaking system approach, and I want to game with my pc friends none the less. (i will miss choosing the server by ping though).

Anywayz, best case scenario, IW adds a dedicated server patch option and all is happy. :)

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »
For all the console 'fans' who don't seem to 'get it'...here's another point-of-view, taken directly from a post on IW's forums...

Hey all,

I just joined the forum to weigh in--I play on the PC, am not in a clan, but I still understand the absolutely massive ramifications this move will have on the PC gaming community as a whole. However, I want to just ignore for one second the content monopoly, or the demolishing of the foundations for clans, communities etc. Ignore all of that and just look at this one thing.

MW2 spent 2 years in development. IWNet must have been planned very early on, and required lots of man-hours for work. At the very least, it is a revolutionary, paradigm-shifting, game-changing move for the PC. Such a change for an integral feature--at least a third of the game for the masses, the ENTIRETY of the game for the hardcore minority (and let's face it, clans are a minority, no matter how much noise you make)--you'd think that, if this was something they were proud of, they'd have announced it early on, touted it at the pressers, because it would be positive press. But they didn't, did they?

Not a peep from Robert Bowling, the voice of IW. Not a whisper from any of the demo events. Nothing. Not until the game is code complete, a bare three weeks from release, in an informal community interview, do we actually hear about this.

IW KNEW WHAT OUR REACTION WAS GOING TO BE. THEY KNEW WE WOULD BE PISSED. They never planned on us liking it, they planned for the exact opposite because they are PC gamers too and they know they're shooting themselves in the foot. Unfortunately--at the end of the day--even 60,000 cancelled preorders, a vastly inflated sum by any calculation, is a drop in the bucket to them. Consoles are where the money is at. PCs don't matter, not anymore.

To me, that's really the one thing I'm the most angry at. As a consumer group we have been sidelined without warning, our interests finally judged to be lower than the profits they could make off of an effective anti-piracy scheme and a content monopoly. We have been deceived, vital information was witheld from us, they knew exactly that the uproar would happen and THEY JUST DID NOT CARE.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even more than Bungie, the original console-gaming juggernaut, the market dominance has gone to Activision & IW's heads. Bungie only made games for the xbox 360, was an internal team at Microsoft, so they always knew that there were worlds beyond them. Not so for Infinity Ward. Modern Warfare sits tall atop the jeweled throne that we gamers built for them with our money and our voices and our time, and everything looks small from up top.

What can we do as gamers? We can put the money where our mouth is, and play something else. Sure. Except I don't want to play anything else, I loved all the IW call of duty games, and I don't want to play stupid battlefield 1943, I want Modern Warfare 2. I want to play this game because it is going to be a rad game in every other regard, game of the year contender easily, and I don't want to miss out. None of us do, even the ones who have cancelled our preorders.

And the heads at IW know it. They know that sooner or later all but the most hardcore gamers, the ones who need a mod to remove half the game's features just to be able to play, will cough up their cash, bend over, and think of England while they ream us.

For shame, IW. For shame, Robert Bowling. I'm just a number to you, one insignificant voice among thousands crying out to be heard, and as a passionate gamer I could do no worse to you than to not buy your game, but you know I won't do that. No, you know I'll come crawling back, you know that you don't have to earn my affection because you have millions more of adoring fans, and you have takn me for granted.

Best of luck with your new business plan.

If THAT doesn't make you understand why us hardcore PC gamers feel the way we do, then NOTHING will.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
fully endorse that last post, nothing more to say.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
Again, I suggest those who are irate play the console version whether it be PS3 or Xbox 360 is irrelevant. Just go by a padna, sweat, enjoy yuhself and then come back and complain if need be. If you think dwindling PC sales and lower bottom lines drive game developers and think that they owe you something, think again, if not for the consoles they'd prolly not even be around or be able to deliver a game of this calibre. So until good will and spit pays ppls salaries you should in the LEAST try a DAMN CONSOLE AND STOP B!TCHING.

Lets just do some math 60k players (according to your post arc) x 50USD a pop = 300k ... no recurring income from subscription services... hmm looks like a pretty awful money making model.

100k+ PER CONSOLE (x2) x 50USD = 10Mil & you are using the consoles online platform which means either MS or Sony absorb that.
Games remember at the end of the day ITS A BUSINESS, what do you REALLY expect?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:44:42 AM by W1nTry »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
Modern Warfare 2 co-op campaign canned as it "ruined the experience"
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
http://www.psu.com/Modern-Warfare-2-co-op-campaign-canned-as-it-ruined-the-experience-News--a008282-p0.php

Infinity Ward has revealed that it originally planned to incorporate fully-fledged co-op support for Modern Warfare 2’s main campaign mode, though eventually opted to shelve the feature claiming it “really broke” the game’s cinematic experience.

Speaking to VG247, communications head Robert Bowling commented, “We did it early on; that’s what Spec Ops started out as, as co-op through story.”

“But it really broke the cinematic experience, took the immersion out of it, out of the story and the pacing and everything we’d spent so long crafting. It just ruined the experience we were aiming for, so we took it out, kept the single-player for that one player intact and polished it.”

As a result, the remnants of the original co-op mode formed the nucleus of what would later become the Spec Ops feature, allowing players to tackle a number of segments from the main campaign which proved suitable for a two-player experience.

“But then there were moments that were really fun with two players, so we took those moments and put them in Spec Ops,” he said.

“So you can play moments directly taken from the single-player, in Spec Ops, but it’s polished towards those two players so the experience is pure. You really get the best of both worlds: you get the moments that were fun, but the moments that were shitty we took out.”

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is due out worldwide on November 10.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
Again, I suggest those who are irate play the console version whether it be PS3 or Xbox 360 is irrelevant. Just go by a padna, sweat, enjoy yuhself and then come back and complain if need be. If you think dwindling PC sales and lower bottom lines drive game developers and think that they owe you something, think again, if not for the consoles they'd prolly not even be around or be able to deliver a game of this calibre. So until good will and spit pays ppls salaries you should in the LEAST try a DAMN CONSOLE AND STOP B!TCHING.

Hmmm let me think about it...............................NO!! I am not giving up PC for a blasted console! We as a PC community gave Infinity Ward nothing but loyalty and support for the Call of Duty series and this is how they repay us? By turning us into godforsaken console slaves? I would rather be a PC slave than a console junkie so W1nTry take your console talk an shove it down someone elses throat!

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
And that so called pc community, not alot of you here because I know alot of us own the games original.
Yea that community consists of and I think it safe to say over 90% piracy of Call of Duty games in the past. The pc community killed Modern Warfare 2 and IW just went to a working model that for the most eliminates piracy for multiplayer at the greatest cost they could have made aka the solid pc fanbase.

I pretty sure the IW team quaking in their boots at this decision. It wasn't easy at all.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
Redlum was right you irate PC gamers are effectively drama queens, the REASON I suggested trying the console version was so that you could see the quality of multiplayer that can be achieved by the DISTRIBUTED model they have taken on. You all are b1tching about how not having a dedicated server would take away from the online experience but you haven't even seen what SAID online experience is like. Yall are talking like having no dedicated server will adversely affect your gameplay. What are you expecting exactly? slower framerates? downgraded graphics? ridiculous lag? what the hell is ur expectation?

I don't understand how ppl can complain about something but REFUSE to even take a first hand experience at how smooth the alternative is, in this case online play without a dedicated server. I eh shoving nothing down anyone throat, continue to throw words like that and you'll land in the proverbial 'time out' corner.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
Did you even consider the fact that they refuse to make a Multiplayer Beta? IF they had made a Beta and let the community know bout this so called IW.Net the reaction would have been different but did they decide to take that path? NO they just expect us to take it cause they are the Famous Infinity Ward and we just gobble up what they spit out.

The Beta was the changing factor for this whole madness and they didnt use their brains at all to even consider it.

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
^Well thats a good point. Having a beta or demo would have given the pc community hands on with this model. But then again there was so much hype and so much preorders a demo wasn't needed. (Or the development time for that matter).
Again as Wintry said, go by your partner house and see how it works. or just give the pc version a try when it launches.
ITS CALL OF DUTY-MODERN WARFARE 2 YA'LL..not playing it is gaming blasphemy! (and pirating it for single player gives IW all the more reasons to continue with their decision.)

Offline Archer

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 70
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 2GB GT540M
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Steam: SirArcher
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »
And  yet again this has turned into a PC vs. Console war *Sigh* Focus on what we're angry about not bash each other for our choices in gaming platforms.But after some consideration, IW.net mite just work, maybe who knows. I'll wait this one out to see the outcome THEN make my purchase.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
Well lets see what IW's response is going to be. My guess is that it will be a nice "We understand the concerns that you loyal PC fans have regarding the lack of dedicated server support, but we have been working for the past 2 years on what we hope would be a solid and gratifying multiplayer experience with our IW.net service, one that we hope you all enjoy for years to come." :)

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »
Mind you the Petition list has now surpassed 100,000 signatures

Carigamers

« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal