Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 280414 times)

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #460 on: October 28, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
In light that my words seem to tick Reaper off XD. I'll try to be less abrasive when addressing the mob. The point I made last is not one of console versus PC but rather that the unhappiness of the PC gamers has led them to for lack of a better terminology angry mob with pitch forks and torches hell bent on burning IW to the ground because they are irate at the loss of certain functionalities they previously had. Never mind they have NO idea what the new experience will turn out to be, but have already passed their own personal judgements against what SHOULD be an EPIC game.

That being said, because they are so angry they are taking any negative press and exploding it in a way that they never would have, were they happy with the implementation decisions IW has made.

PS Reminder, disrespect staff and you WILL be held accountable for it.

Carigamers

« Reply #460 on: October 28, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #461 on: October 28, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Look here nah man W1ntry. iwnet & listen servers IS GOING to suck. Its not a matter of if, just how hard.

That said, im fully going to take part in the single player campaign, just that im not pelting out no $60 for it. $5 on steam or something is my max.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
« Reply #462 on: October 28, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
In other words you expect us to transform into console junkies like the rest of you.

Answer me this WHERE WERE YOU when the rest of us were running dedicated LAN servers back in the MOHAA,SOF and COD days eh? WHERE WERE YOU when it was SS, FOAK and the rest of the respectable PC clans ran the PC Gaming scene?

If it wasnt for Dedicated Servers back then we wouldnt have had memorable sweats and tournaments not to mention I recall seeing a Call of Duty 4 Dedicated Server thread here on GATT self that some of these fellas still use. You want us to just give up that one thing that made PC Competitive Gaming the way it is today just for some P2P IW.net CRAP?

Let's say IW takes away something Essential to Console Gaming with MW2 an the whole Console Community here on these Forums were PISSED we PC gamers would stand by you cause we know that once something that has carried that Multiplayer was removed we would be outraged along with y'all cause you do NOT mess with the formula that makes a great game.

But you dont show it to us whatsoever you expect us to just shut up and take it and become just like the rest of you when you dont know how precious those servers mean to us.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #463 on: October 28, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
@ Redlum MLG criteria for games is #1 activitity on gamebattles the reason u see no PC games or PS3 games on MLG is becuz those ladders are basically dead. then u look at the 360 and its always packed.

it has nothing to do with preference for them.

a gb admin told us already that ps3 games can go mlg but ppl dont support it on gamebattles.

oh an MLG holds WoW tourneys at events.

@ reaper
as a fellow competitive gamer iunderstand where yall coming from with the dedicated servers BUT some ppl were takin it to far an startin to bash the sp as w1ntry said wud hav probably been ignored had IW given PC ppl all they wanted.

PS
In other words you expect us to transform into console junkies like the rest of you.

But you dont show it to us whatsoever you expect us to just shut up and take it and become just like the rest of you when you dont know how precious those servers mean to us.

not all console gamers are casual players btw some of us DO care about competitive gaming. If i see something wrong with a console game i made my voice heard. i did that earlier in this forum self wen addressing mp in mw2 for consoles.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 28, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »
in the end Robert Bowling bold face LIE to us, he said nothing will change when it comes to the PC version of the Multiplayer then he goes an do a 180 and say that they getting rid of Dedicated Servers for this mess.

Dedicated servers have been around long before online gaming came to consoles. Seeing that this happen the fellas will have to stick to the GATT COD4 dedicated server that has been running since the game out an forget about making one for MW2 cause they wont be able to. Hell none of the servers that I frequent on COD4 and WaW cant even make them on MW2 cause of this well it wouldnt matter cause these 2 clan servers refuse to buy the game even because of IW.

Carigamers

« Reply #464 on: October 28, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »

Offline Philosophical45

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 8
  • PERFORMANCE|P²
    • :computer:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • GPU: GTX 680
  • RAM: 16GB PNY DDR3 1600MHZ
  • BattleNet ID: Shotology101/#1936
  • Broadband: :blinkbroadband:
  • MBL: Samsung S5 Mini
  • Origin ID: shotology101
  • Steam: shotology101
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
Well this portion of the game is apparently skippable. Fair Enough oui.

“Players have the option of skipping over the scene. At the beginning of the game, there are two ‘checkpoints’ where the player is advised that some people may find an upcoming segment disturbing. These checkpoints can’t be disabled.

full article here.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/28/confirmed-leaked-mw2-civilians-vid-as-real-skippable-through-checkpoints/

nice to see that there's a bit of "concern", i've enjoyed all the COD single player campaigns and they are what made me addicted to the game. From seeing an enemy toss a grenade back to you in COD 1, to seeing you partner get a sniper bullet in his head in COD2 to the flashback sniper mission in COD4 and the OMG!!! russian sniper intro in COD: WAW... gosh i loved every minute of those single players.. can't wait to sink my teeth into this one...

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 29, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
Reaper how old are you? (before I go off on ur case)

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »
My age does not concern you either speak what you have to say or stay in your console section an let us LOYAL PC players mourn the death of Modern Warfare 2.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #468 on: October 30, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/2009/10/modern-warfare-2-drops-the-ball-with-3rd-person-view-attempt/

kinda hadda agree with him
3rd person view seems like a waste an wont be used much by ppl

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 30, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
ok seriously it worked with Gears of War (definitely) but Call of Duty?? Wouldnt that give the player an edge that they can look around corners without leaning???

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 30, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »
My age does not concern you either speak what you have to say or stay in your console section an let us LOYAL PC players mourn the death of Modern Warfare 2.
As Red pointed out ur 26, the reason for asking your age (apart from your ranting and my wondering if you could comment without lashing out like a 8 yr old who lost their toy to the neighbourhood FEMALE bully) was to ask the question what was the first computer you ever played a game on? reason is I may play the console predominantly NOW however I started gaming on the computer DECADEDES ago. So before you label ppl as 'console gamers' at least have some idea of what you talking about.

Where was I when all those COD sweats were going on? Well I guess I went missing from PC gaming a bit after university where we played a little known game called Unreal Tournament and Quake III (which both predate COD 1 even) at that time Where was I when all those dedicated servers were in use? playing LAN sweats mostly and even then at that time QIII since COD is built on that engine I kinda stuck to old school for a while and I (like most of T&T) had no good internet connection to use.

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #471 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »
This thread amuses me.

What amuses me even more is the use of the term "LOYAL PC gamers" even though most don't buy legit PC games.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 30, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »
As Red pointed out ur 26, the reason for asking your age (apart from your ranting and my wondering if you could comment without lashing out like a 8 yr old who lost their toy to the neighbourhood FEMALE bully) was to ask the question what was the first computer you ever played a game on? reason is I may play the console predominantly NOW however I started gaming on the computer DECADEDES ago. So before you label ppl as 'console gamers' at least have some idea of what you talking about.

Where was I when all those COD sweats were going on? Well I guess I went missing from PC gaming a bit after university where we played a little known game called Unreal Tournament and Quake III (which both predate COD 1 even) at that time Where was I when all those dedicated servers were in use? playing LAN sweats mostly and even then at that time QIII since COD is built on that engine I kinda stuck to old school for a while and I (like most of T&T) had no good internet connection to use.

Didnt those lan parties you took part in use dedicated servers? Well except for Quake Wars lawd the matchmaking in that SUCKED good thing I stuck to facing bots.

To this day Unreal and Quake 3 rely on mods and dedicated servers for its fun factor and longevity, an its still going strong till this day. Activision has completely stripped those privileges for MW2 so that means we get no custom content from the Community an have to be stuck playing the same maps over an over an over.

In the end they are against modders or as they say 'tuners'. Creative minds or now deprived of their tools to continue showing off their talent to the rest of the world and to them thats a blatant insult and a slap in the face and they just dont seem to care.

I really give up now yes as Qui Gon Jinn once said "Greed is a very powerful Ally" an thats what they rely on. They dont want to see MW2 flourish on PC they want to see it die.

This thread amuses me.

What amuses me even more is the use of the term "LOYAL PC gamers" even though most don't buy legit PC games.

the only time I download a game was to try it out in the end I have bought every single game legit this is one game I am not adding to my list which is sad cause I love the Call of Duty series.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 30, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
the only time I download a game was to try it out in the end I have bought every single game legit this is one game I am not adding to my list which is sad cause I love the Call of Duty series.
You ARE an exception unfortunately

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 30, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »
Why am I an exception? Just cause I wont give them a single penny? They dont deserve it one single bit, if they had left everything as it should be I would have proudly bought it but seeing that they chose greed over showing some kind of respect to hell with them. The vid that Berzerker posted:

Call of Duty 4 -- PC vs. Console Interview

They should have kept Grant Kollier he knew the difference between Console and PC but they shipped his arse to some other part of the Blizzard/Activision company.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:55:02 PM by Reaper2051 »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
Why am I an exception? Just cause I wont give them a single penny?
No, that there is a large enough Pirate community within the PC community to encourage the money hungry execs to shaft you now, hence ur not in that group and an exception (though u still get shafted)

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »
So what happen to the Console Community? You dont think there is also a Large amount of Piracy there an yet they still keep everything the same an dont shaft y'all? The only games that dont get pirated is the PS3 cause they cant burn Blu Ray but when it comes to the 360, PSP, PS2, DS an other systems the Piracy is about as large as the PC Community an yet they dont get shafted.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 30, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
You are mistaken, moded Xbox 360s get taken off Xbox Live, you can't use a moded XBox on Live at least not usually for long, as a dashboard update usually fixes that situation and quite frankly the Xbox is USELESS without XBL. So in actuality, NO the XBL pirate community is QUITE small in comparison to the legit. I can't speak for the Wii (though online on teh Wii? really? and as you said it the PS3 isn't feasible yet) so really and truly the moded console community ain't that large at all. What's your point?

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
    • Xbox 360
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 30, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »
The point is Piracy is still there an most of the people who buy games pirated know that they cant go online with an yet still buy it why I have know clue its up to them and they know the risks plus its a bit cheap thank putting out for the full price. IF they want to go online they would come back an buy the real thing.

But its not piracy they only targeting they are mostly targeting the Modders if you have noticed the IW CEO's calls them an 'Insular Community' cause they customize the games to make it last longer and they dont like it and mods rely on dedicated servers cause the makers can create a server an leave it alone cause it has the Map rotation an plus its manually moderated by others in their group.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 30, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
We're not disputing that the removal of mods and their contribution to the community sucks, it is unfortunate, but the PC community (and not all of it i'm sure) hasn't even gotten to see what and how good the game WILL be. Yall are beating down the gates and have it in mind ahead of time that it WILL suck. But hears what, the console community is GOING to lap this game up all 200+K of them AND IW IS going to continue to be successful, since you have a problem with MW2, go BF2 and move along. Simple. This argument is getting tired and I don't see ANY kind of reasoning with yall. I say try it, if its ballz, nail em to the wall. If not and you're supprised by the good experience, then fine as well. Geez.

Carigamers

« Reply #479 on: October 30, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal