Author Topic: "Well you practice so it's OK that I lost.." BS!!  (Read 9640 times)

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
"Well you practice so it's OK that I lost.." BS!!
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2003, 06:39:32 PM »
lmao @ hillvew
alyuh men not easy nah
still waits on warlock 2 accept challenge....                    

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2003, 06:39:32 PM »

Offline Fault

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://stepfreak.tripod.com/ChrPro/index.html
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2003, 08:48:24 PM »
He won't he knows you'll wash his arse..                    
...and the fault is my own...

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2003, 08:59:17 PM »
NEVER make excuses when j00 lose... unless de pc HAVE NO SOUND!! and de mouse keep SKIPPING!!! WHY??? black lotus had to STEAL MY BUILDINGS AND I DIDN"T KNO!!

gaming is 60% practise 40% skillz...                    
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline Fault

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »
Yes when PC have no sound is de pits!!! And skipping mice are awful..... Excuses I would accept.....                    

Offline ShinIori

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2003, 03:49:32 AM »
Sound is nothing really....skipping mouse.
That I understand.

When I lose I won`t flat out say "Your better than me."
I`d say "You won. I lost. Your the better one....for now. I`ll be back."                    

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2003, 03:49:32 AM »

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2003, 11:09:03 AM »
well said shiniori.....spoken like a true gamer                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2003, 04:39:58 PM »
For the longest while now, I've been trying my best not to get involved in this one, but since a new topic seems to be posted each and every day under this heading, I guess I should pitch in my two cents while I'm at it.

If it's one thing about us gamers, or maybe even two is that we are proud, and we strive to win. Sometimes, in the heat of battle, when push comes to shove and defeat is at hand, the preverbial line between the two aspects tends to blur.
Take it from me. I truly love it when I emerge victorious, and hey, who doesn't, right? When I lose, however, and I am extremely frustrated, people would somewhat see a very ugly side of me that I would often try to restrain (with very little success). I mutter, I grunt, and may even toss a few insults your way, or even show some cockyness by saying something like, 'It's just luck.' , or someother quip.
Eventually, I cool down after a couple of minutes [or hours], and then I accept the fact that I lost, and try that much harder the next time around.

My point is, Fault, is that some people tend to soften the blow of defeat by saying things like that to keep their pride intact, or maybe feel less bad about themselves losing. I'm sure that while they're saying that now, they actually respect you and may accept the fact that they lost later. Try not to take it like that all of the time, just try to realise that we gamers are a proud people that sometimes don't accept defeat so easily.

Also, I think that you should spend a little time cooling down a bit.
From my understanding, you won the battle at hand, and I congratulate you for that, but you let it go to your head a bit when you say things like ' why don't people just admit that I'm better than them' or 'What makes you think practice would make them better then me?' as indicated in your rant above. To tell the truth, practice is what makes gamers like us the top of the line, the very tip of the food chain, so to speak.
While I certainly don't condone those who claim so callously that, 'Ahhh, with a little practice, you're nothing to beat', and truly despise such people, there may be those who would practise their hardest, and just need that little push in the right direction to find a way to be on par with you. Sometimes, such things do make, 'the student has now become the master' scenarios. I've seen it a lot, and my gaming career is a testament to that.

So, in a nutshell, don't blow your top simply because a few people won't accept defeat so easily. Just try to compromise with the fact that you won, and nothing can erase that victory. People are like that sometimes, but you always seem to encounter them wherever you go. as long as you play your hardest, and fight with all your prowess, then I think that effort, in itself, is commendable in its own right.                    

Offline ShinIori

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2003, 06:16:58 PM »
Thanks Smurf.
Personally.... I don`t train.
It never appealed to me.
Only game I ever trained is Tekken 4.                    

Offline Fault

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2003, 02:23:18 AM »
Nice thought out post NEO. but you aren't aware of certain other reasons why I am "ranting". So as nice as your post is it has nothing to do with me...                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2003, 10:58:45 AM »
Virtua Fighter 4 has the best Training Mode EVER!!!!!  That and Tekken 4.  Look at USEFUL options.  Just thought I should point those out.

I got something like this headed my way already from some guy in SNS who looks like Baego's double or something in CvS2.  I was playing behind him and the guy thought he was the bomb.  Only to realize later that I was cutting his arse with only my left hand as I had a drink in my right.  When you do stuff like that, it shuts people up.  Learn that kinda stuff Fault and your power will be without question.                    
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline ShowTime

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thesupersaiyajinelite
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2003, 06:27:56 PM »
For the longest while now, I've been trying my best not to get involved in this one, but since a new topic seems to be posted each and every day under this heading, I guess I should pitch in my two cents while I'm at it.

If it's one thing about us gamers, or maybe even two is that we are proud, and we strive to win. Sometimes, in the heat of battle, when push comes to shove and defeat is at hand, the preverbial line between the two aspects tends to blur.
Take it from me. I truly love it when I emerge victorious, and hey, who doesn't, right? When I lose, however, and I am extremely frustrated, people would somewhat see a very ugly side of me that I would often try to restrain (with very little success). I mutter, I grunt, and may even toss a few insults your way, or even show some cockyness by saying something like, 'It's just luck.' , or someother quip.
Eventually, I cool down after a couple of minutes [or hours], and then I accept the fact that I lost, and try that much harder the next time around.

My point is, Fault, is that some people tend to soften the blow of defeat by saying things like that to keep their pride intact, or maybe feel less bad about themselves losing. I'm sure that while they're saying that now, they actually respect you and may accept the fact that they lost later. Try not to take it like that all of the time, just try to realise that we gamers are a proud people that sometimes don't accept defeat so easily.

Also, I think that you should spend a little time cooling down a bit.
From my understanding, you won the battle at hand, and I congratulate you for that, but you let it go to your head a bit when you say things like ' why don't people just admit that I'm better than them' or 'What makes you think practice would make them better then me?' as indicated in your rant above. To tell the truth, practice is what makes gamers like us the top of the line, the very tip of the food chain, so to speak.
While I certainly don't condone those who claim so callously that, 'Ahhh, with a little practice, you're nothing to beat', and truly despise such people, there may be those who would practise their hardest, and just need that little push in the right direction to find a way to be on par with you. Sometimes, such things do make, 'the student has now become the master' scenarios. I've seen it a lot, and my gaming career is a testament to that.

So, in a nutshell, don't blow your top simply because a few people won't accept defeat so easily. Just try to compromise with the fact that you won, and nothing can erase that victory. People are like that sometimes, but you always seem to encounter them wherever you go. as long as you play your hardest, and fight with all your prowess, then I think that effort, in itself, is commendable in its own right.

wow, all this just to call himself a sore loser.  

my words, not his.                    

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2003, 06:38:05 PM »
Virtua Fighter 4 has the best Training Mode EVER!!!!!  That and Tekken 4.  Look at USEFUL options.  Just thought I should point those out.

I got something like this headed my way already from some guy in SNS who looks like Baego's double or something in CvS2.  I was playing behind him and the guy thought he was the bomb.  Only to realize later that I was cutting his arse with only my left hand as I had a drink in my right.  When you do stuff like that, it shuts people up.  Learn that kinda stuff Fault and your power will be without question.

yeaahh d baego look alike
just call him d fair baego

lol@ imperial's ways of making a man feel small                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2003, 08:30:56 PM »

wow, all this just to call himself a sore loser.    

my words, not his.

Actually, while I do confess that I'm a sore loser sometimes, I'm just suggesting that Fault may just be a sore winner.                    

Offline Fault

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2003, 02:45:28 AM »
Sore winner? *HAHAHAHAHAHAHA*. Excuse that burst of laughter..... I ent cuss de man yet I jes fine he should act like "You're better for now, I'll be back". Instead of trying to undermine my very being by saying lots of different things. Ya figure I never win in my life o wha?                    

Carigamers

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2003, 02:45:28 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal