Author Topic: which is better guilty gear x2 or svc chaos  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
which is better guilty gear x2 or svc chaos
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 04:47:19 PM »
fear the triple rod oui
allyuh betta be afraid of something much larger, much more earth shaking
i talking bout HUGO BABY, this man owning base jed,
i sorta like ggx2, but i am more of a SF person on the whole, so thas why i would choose SCV

I'm more hardcore SF than basically the majority of ppl on these forums.  I'd choose GGXX any day though.  

I mean there is no contest when it comes to high level play, character match ups and in-game techs to give an edge to game play.

Don't understand what I mean?  How could you ignore things like Roman Cancelling, False Roman Cancelling, getting around the lag in Dust moves to actually pull them off in a match, air recovery, the burst bar(which allows for combo breaking) and although both have 4 buttons, it works better with GGXX.  Some SF men would be rather pissed to know their favourite Shoto is missing a medium kick button.

SvC doesn't amount to much when it comes to high level matchups due to lack of techs as I like to call them.  Things like counter attacking, parrying guard pushing even are left out making it somewhat weird to play.  That along with what I find is the most ubsurd lag after a jump in attack to be VERY infuriating.                    
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline spinner

• Jonin
  • Chakra 3
  • BLOY!
    • PS3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270
  • GPU: 1GB Nvidia9500GT
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3
  • BattleNet ID: SPNR/521
  • Broadband: Blink Broadband
  • Origin ID: moonchilds
  • PSN: SPNR_TT
  • Steam: SPNR
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 09:50:56 PM »
i kinda like svc more..havent played ggx2 but ill post anyway                    

Strength and Honor

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 10:06:09 PM »
too many capcom oriented persons , i am snk for life hence my choice svc chaos                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 10:17:50 PM »
fear the triple rod oui
allyuh betta be afraid of something much larger, much more earth shaking
i talking bout HUGO BABY, this man owning base jed,
i sorta like ggx2, but i am more of a SF person on the whole, so thas why i would choose SCV

I'm more hardcore SF than basically the majority of ppl on these forums.  I'd choose GGXX any day though.  

I mean there is no contest when it comes to high level play, character match ups and in-game techs to give an edge to game play.

Don't understand what I mean?  How could you ignore things like Roman Cancelling, False Roman Cancelling, getting around the lag in Dust moves to actually pull them off in a match, air recovery, the burst bar(which allows for combo breaking) and although both have 4 buttons, it works better with GGXX.  Some SF men would be rather pissed to know their favourite Shoto is missing a medium kick button.

SvC doesn't amount to much when it comes to high level matchups due to lack of techs as I like to call them.  Things like counter attacking, parrying guard pushing even are left out making it somewhat weird to play.  That along with what I find is the most ubsurd lag after a jump in attack to be VERY infuriating.

I'm afraid I'll have to go with Imperial on this one....
Timing is somewhat very tricky on this version-to the point where you have to retrain yourself to do certain moves that you could do just like that in the past. SVC Chaos also suffers from shoddy hit detection-sometimes a move will or will not connect when by all rights it should miss or hit, respectively. Goenitz seems to fall a LOT under the hit category-sometimes I'm a decent distance from the tornado and I still get hit. Still though, at least there isn't any overly ridiculous command lists for the characters [remember Nakoruru? God help me with that two half circles, yes, boy!] :shock:
Guilty Gear X2 is decent, but I'm still an SVC man all the way.
The game has its probelms, but it's just deep.
 8)                    

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 10:48:48 PM »
Too many persons pass judgment on games without truly playing it through , and understanding the battle system. Many persons will simply watch a game and will try match the game's physics to a game they know a little better ( ie trying to compare KOF to SF) . In the case of my example , KOF and SNK  games on the whole have been know for their deep gameplay and epic storylines , and in most SNK games timing is critical making the game more difficult.  I used to be hardcore Capcom until I truly started playing KOF and started breaking down the system. Only Capcom game I will play now is Street Fighter 3  3rd Strike , which is by far the best sequel to SF2 that Capcom could hope for.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 10:48:48 PM »

Offline Fault

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://stepfreak.tripod.com/ChrPro/index.html
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 11:20:21 PM »
Who honestly cares about depth of story in a fighting game? What really matters is depth of gameplay. GG i think is a bit shallow compared with svc but GG is much more FUN!! I would play GG anyday. I wanna start another one.

CVS2 vs GGX2

Osiris say that GGX2 would win but he hafta be Mad. CVS2 has my vote, plain an simple, it just dredder on so many levels, I'll leave those for Imperial X to evaluate.                    
...and the fault is my own...

Offline Aka_Neo

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://heaven-earth.ultra-gamers.com
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2004, 06:48:27 PM »
boy svc chaos real slow cuz i play it already                    
[/img]

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2004, 11:03:41 PM »
Who honestly cares about depth of story in a fighting game? What really matters is depth of gameplay. GG i think is a bit shallow compared with svc but GG is much more FUN!! I would play GG anyday. I wanna start another one.  

CVS2 vs GGX2

Osiris say that GGX2 would win but he hafta be Mad. CVS2 has my vote, plain an simple, it just dredder on so many levels, I'll leave those for Imperial X to evaluate.

The depth of gameplay is what I've been talking about, dude!!!!
Besides, GGX2 days are numbered.
It's age will really show when SvC comes own its home turf-the PS2.                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »
SvC could NEVER amount to what GGXX is.  You MUST be CRAZY.  

The gameplay in SvC is very broken.  Look at the first time we played it in SNS to see what I mean.  Some person, who I shall N.E.O. was able to play with Zero and beat competition that have clearly had more experience with the game than he did.  That my friend, is very lame.

GGXX vs CvS2 would be a very close matchup.  GG has enough elements to make it something remarkable on its own but the only thing that would make CvS2 top it, would be the Groove systems.  I mean, you can put a new spin on that special character of yours and do all sorts of craziness, provided you can pull it off.

GGX2 fans would notice that the character Johnny has a hop dash instead of a run dash like the other characters.  In CvS2, there is no such problem so long as you learn to use the grooves with run well.  This adds greatly to the gameplay and character matchup situations giving you the edge you need to emerge victorious at times.

Not to look down on GGX2 though.  CvS2 barely got away with this one.  Besides, the Bomber infinites I've almost finished mastering rule.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline Aka_Neo

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://heaven-earth.ultra-gamers.com
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2004, 03:59:26 PM »
the day svc chaos get more votes ggx2 i goin and kill myself cuz i dont know how ppl could like that game..............i played it and it was real slow compare to ggx2                    
[/img]

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2004, 04:50:39 PM »

The gameplay in SvC is very broken.  Look at the first time we played it in SNS to see what I mean.  Some person, who I shall N.E.O. was able to play with Zero and beat competition that have clearly had more experience with the game than he did.  That my friend, is very lame.

Err...actually, I have to confess...
That was the very FIRST time I ever picked up that game, much less play with Zero.
I just pulled what I knew about the SNK fighting game engine and Capcom's interpretation of Mega Man related characters, and...there you go. Instant Zero whup-ass. Of course, when this comes on the PS2, GGX2 will be gathering cobwebs, and everybody will realise that I am as untouchable with Zero as...Killa is with Hugo!!

Everybody: [gasp]
Man: This man...he speaketh BLASPHEMY I say!
Man 2: UNTOUCHABLE with Zero? He speaks of HERESY!
Sage: Only those in the heavens above and can pull a 360 on the keyboard successfully can deem themselves by that sacred term!

Me: Well, you're looking at one who just did.
Man: You mean...YOU HAVE PULLED THE 'KEYBOARD 360'???
Me: Errr...well, not really, but...
Man 2: [pokes him with a stick]
Me: Ow! What'd you do that for??
Man 2: He ISN'T untouchable! He speaketh LIES!!!
Me: That's NOT what I....
Woman: Get the hot boiling glue!!!
Crowd: GLUE AND FEATHER THE BLASPHEMER!!!

Me:  :shock:
Well....CRAP.
[runs away with an angry mob, a sage, and twelve angry chihuahuas on his heels]                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2004, 05:45:13 PM »
I pray for your life.... insurance.

Anyways, when you can find someone who can do a standing 720 on a keyboard, call me.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2004, 07:37:38 PM »
It's true Zero is one broken character , so broken that he's been banned in some japanese tourneys. The funny thing is none of the the other 7 midbosses have been banned.

LOL @ Untouchable with Zero.... Neo i see you have yet to face a good Geese Howard player.

In my honest opinion , no crossover game will ever be perfect and for this reason the fans  will never truly be pleased. Lets face it 2 games with 2 completely different gameplay systems should never be crossed over. Take for example the 2 games in Capcom and SNK Playmore crossover (CVS2 and SVC). Of the 2 games CVS2 comes close to achieving a balance , but at the same time doesnt. In SVC the balance is broken , so that a situation occurs that certain characters from both sides are overpowered (I wont get into that right now because it would take a while to break down the character tier system).

So the bottom line is , and i'm sure its been said b4 YOU CANNOT COMPARE 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES WITH DIFFERENT STYLES . Anyone who has compared the games named above ,like most in this thread did (including myself) , did so using their personal preferences.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2004, 10:03:06 PM »
It's true Zero is one broken character , so broken that he's been banned in some japanese tourneys. The funny thing is none of the the other 7 midbosses have been banned.  

LOL @ Untouchable with Zero.... Neo i see you have yet to face a good Geese Howard player.

Geez...you mean these people are such sore losers, they BANNED the use of Zero in tourneys? Talk about people who can't use their friggin' brains....I mean, it's not exactly rocket science to beat Zero. There ARE ways to beat him and get around his strategy. I find for a country that eats, sleeps and breathes gaming, they acting like a bunch of freaking pups when dealing with Zero. That's just....pathetic, really...

As for Geese, I've never been one to underestimate poultry.
I remember this one time I taunted this duck's momma, and he was so pissed, he beat me 5- nothing in a game of solitaire. No lie!
It really did happen!
Just ask the blind man at the corner of Queen Street...he saw it all. :shock:                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2004, 10:25:17 PM »
The Japanese are the most elite of all gaming countries and there theologies put forward on gaming are highly respected worldwide for good reason.  If you think THEY find something wrong with Zero, don't you think their reputation demands that you AT LEAST do some investigating on your own and see what they're referring to?

Shooooouuushi!!!!                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline ~Psycho^Dunpeal~

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • Boot Camp 2005
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2004, 12:49:09 AM »
i played ggx a few times and to me... it was REAL good... WAYYY better than svc chaos..... so well...                    

Carigamers

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2004, 12:49:09 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal