Author Topic: budget 09/10, great is the pnm  (Read 21878 times)

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
Re: budget 09/10, great is the pnm
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
English please? O_o

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • WD CGreen 1TB + 2TB + 2.5TB + WD CBlack 1TB + Dell 24" 1080p Monitor
    • View Profile
    • Access Control Trinidad
  • CPU: MSI P55-GD80 + Core i5 750 + cooler master hyper 212+ dual fan
  • GPU: xfx HD6870
  • RAM: 12 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
  • Broadband: :flow:
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
People who have kids know the difficulty of getting a child to stay in a car seat. And unless you have kids of your own and have experienced it, then you have no idea of its pain.

And don't say well if yuh have kids and want to save dey life, then put them in a car seat. I have a two year old who almost never stays in her seat. It straps down the child in an uncomfortable way. Its not like the seatbelts that we wear which gives us some freedom of motion. And if you slacken it too much, the child will almost always be able to get out.

Another thing, try putting the said child in a car seat to the back by his/her self. That is one of the most impossible situations to get away with, having a toddler alone in the back.

However, my way around it is one of two. If i have to be alone with my 2 year old, i actually buckle the front seatbelt's lower section around her, and pass the cross strap to the back of the seat. There is still some play that the child does not feel constricted, but not so much as to allow a clean break.

Secondly, as long as their is another adult in the car, THEY HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK SEAT. No compromises. And she can't stand on the back seat, she must be held, in place by person in the back seat (on his or her lap), and engaged in interesting 2 year old conversations. Otherwise she gets restless and tries jumping from back to front.

As they get older, the situation will deflate, and they will be able to sit a little more still. But between 1 1/2 - 3, yuh in real pressure there.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »
dread
there are no excuses for not being able to keep a child in a car seat.
none
thats ridiculous.

If YOU cant do it, get better, LEARN TO DO IT!!
cause i learnt to do it and make damn sure my nephews and nieces in my care stay in their car seat.
Part of the process is teaching them that they must stay in the car seat.
In Trinidad we have gone waaaaaaayyyyyyy past the point where we can afford excuses.

Too large a majority of Trinis dont wear their seat belt, and the vast amount of people with children and a car in this country do not have car seats.
The death of that baby girl because of her mothers negligence needs to be the VERY last death of that kind in our country.

There are people that will bitch about the hassle of a car seat and the expense
then go to a bank and take a loan for a f*(*)&)&* carnival costume but wont buy a damn car seat and wont themselves use seat belts.

We are fed up of the crime
We are fed up of the damn road carnage.

NO more excuses and we dont need to create cop out scenarious.

The one glaring problem with the car seat legislation, as was previously mentioned, is how do we deal with people who travel with babies and todlers.
Most people traveling in taxis dont wear seat belts and far less can find a solution to secure their kids. What may need to happen is a greater reliance on BUS transportation to protect those most in need of our protection.

Iam not sure the government thought of that BUTTT the ones dying left right and center in our country are the ones in private vehicles, so lets start with them.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

and just fyi
child in back seat cradled in adults arms is dangerous to the child. Really they should be in a car seat strapped in and so to should the adult.

if you have a car full of people belted in a car, and just one person is not, that one person, be it a child or an adult, can very easily become a projectile in a collision and kill/maim the other passengers in the car.

Oh an lastly, i hope those same people that bitching about the new prices of alcho, dont have kids and a car and find it too expensive to provide a child seat for said children.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »
UltimateGamer, sad to say, you need licks.

The default seatbelts in any car are not designed for children. No, I don't care if the kid is restless, the damn car seat was designed for a reason. No, I lie, several reasons.

Either way, do not endanger that child's life by 'improvising' all for the sake of 'comfort'. In case you haven't noticed, getting kids to do the proper thing at that age is a pain in the rear end, I know, but that applies to a lot of things, not just car safety. It's up to the parents to steer them in the right direction. And the right direction is definitely NOT what you're doing.

Also.

Secondly, as long as their is another adult in the car, THEY HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK SEAT. No compromises. And she can't stand on the back seat, she must be held, in place by person in the back seat (on his or her lap), and engaged in interesting 2 year old conversations. Otherwise she gets restless and tries jumping from back to front.

Regardless of whether or not there is another adult in the car, children must be in the back seat, PERIOD. Take it from somebody whose forehead met a windshield at age six, at NO instance must a child under 10 EVER be in the front.

Which leads me to what Crixx and I are trying to tell you- get off of your butt and get the child used to the car seat. Why even go through all of that comess when that is the better solution?

Sorry to say this, but fore go comfort and think of safety first.
Your child will get on, they will get restless, but ask yourself this....which would you rather....a miserable child who's a little more safe, or a perfectly comfortable child in an equally comfortable coffin six feet under?

Choice is yours. Choose wisely.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:28:31 PM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
Do any of you have kids of your own?

Addition
No matter how much you talk unless you have your own experience you can't truly understand
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:50:13 PM by UltimateGamer »

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 10:50:03 PM »
*sighs*....how things have changed...

*still remembers when I was 4-5 years old, hurtling down a bumpy road in the tray of my dad's old Hilux, hanging on for dear life...*
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:11 PM »
Ok let me put it this way,

I am a true safety buff. I am usually the one to complain to my pops for not wearing his seat belt, or to my sister for being in the front seat with her baby.

However, this is trinidad. You aren't going right there in 15 minutes so let the kid feel a little uncomfortable. You in traffic, in the sun for hours, and it is totally unreasonable for anybody, i don't care who, to say a parent irresponsible for improvising a position, believing its still safe, yet increasing in comfort for the journey ahead.

There are the parents who have kids running around the back seat, i see it every day. Coming from town to go Sando or Arima, and i say now if they mash a sudden brakes what will happen.

D firs thing is to Get your kids to sit down in the car. Now you are talking about a 2 year old. They don't understand true danger at that age, unless they actually experience it. But after some time of explaining and constant practice, i found that it works when they sit on the lap of her mom and engage in conversation.

D second thing is Getting your kids into a car seat. No matter how much any of you blab about "MUST BE IN D BACK", if you and your toddler are alone in the car, in a jouney from San Juan to Arima, YOU WILL NOT LEAVE YOUR 2 YEAR OLD IN D BACK SEAT. I don't care what you say, it ain't happening. They might stay at 3, but definitely not 2. And i have been through a couple of 2 year olds (my nieces). The will eventually adjust to being on their own as they start school, but before that, they want to be in direct view and contact with their parents. And i have tried sitting behind the passenger seat but that don't work. My child could unbuckle the 3 point seat belt and get out, so she has to be in a comfortable position, where she won't act up in the heated car, for 1 + hours on the road.

And trust me when i say, with the traffic that i does get through, d only accident i have to worry about is somebody speeding up d opposite direction of the highway, break over the center bank. And if that is the case, we all likely to get crushed in the car, rather than fly out the car.

She is becoming more acclimated with the car seat, we went for a drive to tunapuna and she stayed for the majority of the journey, with some complaining, but the car seat was strapped in the front so i could buckle back the belts when she took them off. I don't have passenger side airbag, so that doesn't make much of a difference.

Don't think i not taking what you all said in stride. I know of it all. But what you all are preaching is like school. What you learn there don't always directly translate to real world. So you take what you learn and bend it to the situation. When i was a child, that seat belt trick is what my pops did for me. Though i had a car seat in the back with a steering wheel, he said i would never stay. And we had to leave Arima for Town, so you could imagine.

Anyhow, i agree with the government's attempt to make children safer on the road. I am just explaining it to you all from my personal experience. And showing you all, from the point of view of parents who actually attempt to keep their kids safe.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »
Ok let me put it this way,

I am a true safety buff. I am usually the one to complain to my pops for not wearing his seat belt, or to my sister for being in the front seat with her baby.

However, this is trinidad. You aren't going right there in 15 minutes so let the kid feel a little uncomfortable. You in traffic, in the sun for hours, and it is totally unreasonable for anybody, i don't care who, to say a parent irresponsible for improvising a position, believing its still safe, yet increasing in comfort for the journey ahead.

There are the parents who have kids running around the back seat, i see it every day. Coming from town to go Sando or Arima, and i say now if they mash a sudden brakes what will happen.

D firs thing is to Get your kids to sit down in the car. Now you are talking about a 2 year old. They don't understand true danger at that age, unless they actually experience it. But after some time of explaining and constant practice, i found that it works when they sit on the lap of her mom and engage in conversation.

D second thing is Getting your kids into a car seat. No matter how much any of you blab about "MUST BE IN D BACK", if you and your toddler are alone in the car, in a jouney from San Juan to Arima, YOU WILL NOT LEAVE YOUR 2 YEAR OLD IN D BACK SEAT. I don't care what you say, it ain't happening. They might stay at 3, but definitely not 2. And i have been through a couple of 2 year olds (my nieces). The will eventually adjust to being on their own as they start school, but before that, they want to be in direct view and contact with their parents. And i have tried sitting behind the passenger seat but that don't work. My child could unbuckle the 3 point seat belt and get out, so she has to be in a comfortable position, where she won't act up in the heated car, for 1 + hours on the road.

And trust me when i say, with the traffic that i does get through, d only accident i have to worry about is somebody speeding up d opposite direction of the highway, break over the center bank. And if that is the case, we all likely to get crushed in the car, rather than fly out the car.

She is becoming more acclimated with the car seat, we went for a drive to tunapuna and she stayed for the majority of the journey, with some complaining, but the car seat was strapped in the front so i could buckle back the belts when she took them off. I don't have passenger side airbag, so that doesn't make much of a difference.

Don't think i not taking what you all said in stride. I know of it all. But what you all are preaching is like school. What you learn there don't always directly translate to real world. So you take what you learn and bend it to the situation. When i was a child, that seat belt trick is what my pops did for me. Though i had a car seat in the back with a steering wheel, he said i would never stay. And we had to leave Arima for Town, so you could imagine.

Anyhow, i agree with the government's attempt to make children safer on the road. I am just explaining it to you all from my personal experience. And showing you all, from the point of view of parents who actually attempt to keep their kids safe.

dread
you have work to do, you really do. the amount of, you cant get a child to do this or that nonsense you spewing and saying unless i had my own.
I flikkin said i have nuff experience with my nephews and niece, that was my duty for a good long time when i was taking care of them. As for complaining to father or sister bout not wearing belt, thas not good enough. Bg drilled a real nasty safety culture in me, i dont even drive off if people not belted in, no exceptions. you dont wanna wear de belt? cool, we stay here, or you walk, talk done.

You think the right thing happens by accident? you think excuses does save lives??
stueps
flikkin trinis, EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY why we need strong arm measures, cause too much top in mud simpleton attitudes about safety in this country. Top to bottom.
They need to start jail parents and send children to child services for repeat offenders of this kinda thing.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
Child services aren't properly developed in T&T crixx, in some cases it MAY help (stress on MAY) in many the children may turn out no better off, save you've perminantly scarred them for life by separating them from thier parents. Though one can gain much experience through taking care of others, it does NOT equate to you being a parent crixx.  I don't agree with putting comfort before safety but some level of understanding and respect of opinion of a parent vs. a part time care giver is required imho.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »
so irresponsible parent that leads to childs death

vs

part time care giver

hmmzz
lets keep defending the ills of society cause that totally makes it better yayyy!!! =^_^=

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »
Look, I can see where this is heading so lets agree on THIS:

YES you need to put your foot down when it comes to safety measures. There is to be no compromise when it comes to the safety of your child because the alternative in hindsight will be MUCH worse.

HOWEVER, children will not immediately understand that and be as compliant as expected. So it IS a case of easier said than done. That does not change the fact that it has to be done but it's no easy task, especially since it causes children discomfort.

Sounds fair?

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
no it doesnt sound fair in the least

its our mindset and mentality that it tooooo hard and it difficult and de child go be uncomfortable
thas why we dont do it HEREEEE!!! but there are other places in the world that its done without a second thought, its made comfortable and safe, its the norm not the exception

AND THEY GOT THAT WAY BY DOING NOT BITCHING!!!!!
shit will never change here if we keep whining about it too hard.
steups

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
Crixx, down boy... I said "easier said than done" not "don't do it, it's too hard". Take a chill pill... And have a relax-ative while you're at it. Dude, seriously... Read my post over.

While at times the "Trini" mentality grinds my gears as well, you need to watch where you point that righteous indignation of yours, 'kay?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:10:06 PM by Q »

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
I think laertes and q got the full point. It is easier said than done.

When we went to pricemart last year and she saw the car seat she was so exited, and i tend to spoil my kids so i just picked it up and said to my wife, well we need one for her she is getting older now, and you are pretty pregnant so you can't keep holding her in the back. So we bought the seat because she was exited about it.

And for her, its fun to be in it....for a while. And the discomfort kicks in and the screaming, and as i said recently she could unbuckle herself (lord knows how a 2 year 2 Month old could unbuck a 3 point seat belt) and dives outt of the seat.

But like i said, it takes time and explanation and sort of easing into the process. And when you stop just being an uncle crixx, and have some crixx_minis', you will get what i am saying.

And by the way, telling my pops to put on his seat belt was something i was doing since i was 5. I would love to see a 5 year old crixx jump out the car and say he ent goin anywhere till daddy put on his belt. You mighta get 2 ah dem belts yes... :lol:

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 02:56:27 PM »
So after some conversations with different ppl and really trying to understand the part of the budget regarding the properties tax increase... i've again become IRATE.... so there's no tax on government housing settlements (please verify for me if this is correct) and also the value paid is subject to a government run evaluation outlet of the ministries... soooo... WHO going to put a value on ohh morvant laventille, malabar, etc? If you look at laventille, it's locations, the view, from a PURE property perspective its EXCELLENT, I hear the syrians trying to get their hands on it LONG time, but who the F%^& is going up there to give a price on real estate? better question WHO THE MOTHER F^&*ING C^&( going to PAY that tax???

So basically if you have managed to be fortunate enough to have a nice house, in a 'safe' (who am I kidding no ^&*(ing where is safe in T&T anymore) you are going to pay more for it... right... based on a value dictated by the government... not say an independent auditing firm like PWC or PCH.... right... It's clear the PNM want 2 classes of ppl in Trinida and Tobago...

The extremely rich....

and the

HOMELESS

#%$*ed is the PNM
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:00:17 PM by W1nTry »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »
hmm well ok... so umm... properties with great value should not pay more?
and what determines "PURE" property value? i mean, the beetham has "PURE" property value as well right? so um...
i trying to understand wha you vex for?

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »
I was actually going to include the Betham in my rant, then the OBVIOUS STEPPED IN, its opposite a DUMP.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:42:00 PM by W1nTry »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »
Do any of you have kids of your own?

Addition
No matter how much you talk unless you have your own experience you can't truly understand

Wait a second....didn't I say earlier:

Regardless of whether or not there is another adult in the car, children must be in the back seat, PERIOD. Take it from somebody whose forehead met a windshield at age six, at NO instance must a child under 10 EVER be in the front.

GOD, I hate it when people pull the whole "Do you have X of your own?" argument. If I had this happen to me personally as a child, then it's just as valid a point as yours, good sir.

So yeah, I do understand. Maybe not from your perspective as a parent, but I do understand...from the perspective of a victim.

Q's right on the ball, I think.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:01:43 PM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »

GOD, I hate it when people pull the whole "Do you have X of your own?" argument. If I had this happen to me personally as a child, then it's just as valid a point as yours, good sir.

You just won't understand.... :shakehead:

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
I'm afraid I am not the one who's misunderstanding here.

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal