Author Topic: budget 09/10, great is the pnm  (Read 21724 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: budget 09/10, great is the pnm
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
UltimateGamer I feel your pain!

Trying to get my 3 year old to stay in the car seat is like trying to kill Captain Awesome in CoD4. It ain't happening without an epic struggle.

My dad tried going out with her once, on his own. After that experience, he vowed never to do it again.

She stayed in the car seat mind you, but cried and vomup (her word for vomit) all over the place. Talking poltergiest like action from the splatter analysis.

I only get her to stay put if her brother is in the back running constant interference, to distract her.

It IS NOT EASY.

Not impossible but definitely not easy.

I, like everyone here, applauds the government for highlighting the need for safety but I think they need to share with us some practical tricks to get these kids to stay in the contraptions. lol.

We on a roll btw, men starting topics on all the taboo subjects: namely, race, politics and religion. lol

Lets see if they can be dealt with in a civilized manner with out devolving to Jihads.

Carigamers

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »
She stayed in the car seat mind you, but cried and vomup (her word for vomit) all over the place. Talking poltergiest like action from the splatter analysis.

Oh my GEED.

Lolling HARD over here.

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • WD CGreen 1TB + 2TB + 2.5TB + WD CBlack 1TB + Dell 24" 1080p Monitor
    • View Profile
    • Access Control Trinidad
  • CPU: MSI P55-GD80 + Core i5 750 + cooler master hyper 212+ dual fan
  • GPU: xfx HD6870
  • RAM: 12 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
Thanks noob, edamicate new_era fuh meh nah. Lawd he hard headed :bother:

And by d way new_era

NOTHING in this world can ever be compared to having KIDS OF YOUR OWN. If yuh en listen to anything else i tell yuh, TRUST ME on that one. It is the ONE thing you CANNOT GENERALIZE  :mellow:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:54:43 PM by UltimateGamer »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
Seconded. Changed my life.

I have a much greater appreciation for my parents after becoming one. The things I used to take for granted.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »
Uh, yeah. Not to sound rude or anything, but I believe we were talking about keeping your kids safe in a vehicle, not to prove that your (ahem) trouser snake still works.

Dear God, did you even read the posts? I'm starting to think you haven't read a damn word Crixx and I wrote down.

First of all, you don't seem to quite grasp what I'm trying to tell you about your habit of only putting your child in the backseat when it's most comfortable. I'm telling you from personal experience that it is a horrible idea. When I was six, I was in the front seat, held down by my mother. Next thing you know, my father hit his brakes, and my head hit that windscreen damn hard.

So, despite being restrained, I still got hurt.
And, you want to know the best part?

I INSISTED THAT I SIT IN THE FRONT, AND KICKED UP A STORM TILL I HAD MY WAY.

Sound familiar?

Of course it does, because your kids are doing it to you too. So, if you want my advice, get them used to the car seat, or try some way to keep them comfortable and secure in that back seat without endangering their lives.

FUN FACT: Did you know that frontal airbags can kill small children?
Take a read.
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/programs/kiss.html

TL:DR, Kids should NEVER go in the front seat of a car.

Secondly,

NOTHING in this world can ever be compared to having KIDS OF YOUR OWN. If yuh en listen to anything else i tell yuh, TRUST ME on that one. It is the ONE thing you CANNOT GENERALIZE 

I might be repeating myself here, but what does that have to do with anything?
It's like arguing over apples and oranges and then all of a sudden, somebody says, "CHOCOLATE IS BROWN"

Sure, we were talking about food, and your point isn't wrong, but seriously. Where did that come from?

Anyway, feel free to do what you want. I practically read stories about people doing this all for the sake of pampering their children all the time. What's one more tragic news story about an unfortunate child whose parents should have known better going to be, eh? Score one for the obituaries!

....God, I'm beginning to sound like Synchro.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:09:03 PM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Carigamers

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
To be honest i am sick of arguing because you are completely missing what i am saying. Everyone else seems to get it except you. So if you want "win" take it because you just not getting the point.

Uh, yeah. Not to sound rude or anything, but I believe we were talking about keeping your kids safe in a vehicle, not to prove that your (ahem) trouser snake still works.

It does sound rude, and it was uncalled for. You could have just said it was about keeping your kids safe.

Dear God, did you even read the posts? I'm starting to think you haven't read a damn word Crixx and I wrote down.

I read every word you and crixx wrote twice, but apparantly you skipped everything W1n, Laertes, Q, Noob and myself wrote. Because if you did you would remember this little number

Quote from: UltimateGamer
Anyhow, i agree with the government's attempt to make children safer on the road. I am just explaining it to you all from my personal experience. And showing you all, from the point of view of parents who actually attempt to keep their kids safe

See, i didn't say what the government was trying to do is wrong, or that it is right to allow your kids in the front seat, i was educating you non-parents from a parents point of view.

First of all, you don't seem to quite grasp what I'm trying to tell you about your habit of only putting your child in the backseat when it's most comfortable. I'm telling you from personal experience that it is a horrible idea. When I was six, I was in the front seat, held down by my mother. Next thing you know, my father hit his brakes, and my head hit that windscreen damn hard.

So, despite being restrained, I still got hurt.

Sorry to hear that, but you were in the front seat held down by your mom, i could remember saying something of being in the back seat held down by a parent.

Did you not, in your last post say and i quote

GOD, I hate it when people pull the whole "Do you have X of your own?" argument. If I had this happen to me personally as a child, then it's just as valid a point as yours, good sir.

That is where it came from. Using X as a variable in such a subject as kids of your own. So i didn't just pull it off, here you are generalizing what i said here

Do any of you have kids of your own?

Addition
No matter how much you talk unless you have your own experience you can't truly understand

In closing, let me tell you something. At no time did i say it was right to have your child in the front seat, what the government doing (*ahem with regards to this topic*) is wrong, kids must not stay in a car seat or anything to implicate that these are somethings that should be practiced or that i support.

What i was trying to do, was explain the barriers which exist from a parent's perspective, and if you can't get that, then it makes no sense to continue this discussion. I am not going to put my child in the front seat of the car to stand up and jump around or the back seat for that matter. I am going to continually keep coaxing her into staying in her car seat. You just need to understand its difficulty. It doesn't happen over night. It takes time. Kids are people, with a mind of their own, and you have to understand that. That is why you misbehaved to go in front by mom. Because you have a mind of your own. Should your parent have just hit you 2 lash and say sit down and shut up! I'm sorry but that is not the parenting approach i prefer to take.

This topic is very important and dear to me because i fall in the category of a commuting parent. I am not standing on the sideline blabbing that ALL PARENTS who don't take such an approach (as was suggested by government) BAD. No. For the final time i will say, all i was trying to do, was to let the guys on the sidelines, like yourself and crixx when he was part of the discussion, as well as all other non parents understand the difficulty involved in this situation. So when i say unless you have a kid of your own you won't understand, i literally mean, you will never experience or see things from a parent's perspective unless you are a parent. I am not dismissing your story or your experiences, i am educating you all of my story and my experiences. I never flew through a windscreen, so i take what you say in stride, and i am yet to refute your story. But you never had kids but still you are quick to speak as though you understand where i am coming from. That makes no sense. One day, i hope god blesses you with a beautiful child and then that child would be 2 and you will try to strap him or her in the backseat in a car seat by themselves, you will say "Oh, so this is what UltimateGamer (UG) was going on about, perhaps i coulda ask him how he overcame this barrier."

Allright, to sum up
I agree that kids should be in back seat or strapped into car seat.
However it is easier said than done, and is a gradual process.

Ulti out
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:52:13 PM by UltimateGamer »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »
somethings you just have to learn the hard way boy UG. Being a parent is one of them.

You hit the nail on the head when you said that earlier on.

So cut these guys some slack. I hear you loud and clear, being a dad myself.

They'll see the world as we see it when their bumpkins come along. lol

almost forgot....lol @ crix mini. Bermudez should pay you for that plug.

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »
^^ lol, you surely cheer me up dey boy. Yeah i done, they go learn, i not worried. I just hope they take what i say in stride.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2009, 12:49:52 AM »
so on a different note... How will the budget affect my carnival? Will i now be subject to watered down drinks in my all inclusive band? Will i find that drinks are done halfway through my favourite all inclusive fetes?

Aren't they already?

Offline Preston786

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB X2
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400
  • Broadband: Digicel Play
  • Origin ID: Preston786
  • Steam: Preston786
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
hire a hitman eliminate all...

Carigamers

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal