Author Topic: 15 Most Memorable Moments from “The Smurfs”  (Read 1317 times)

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
15 Most Memorable Moments from “The Smurfs”
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:44 AM »
Yeah well I dunno how that Smurfs movie will be though I do remember watching this cartoon alot when I was a kid. Anyone else used to watch this? lol

http://www.dailyfill.com/15-Most-Memorable-Moments-from-The-Smurfs-43137/

“The Astrosmurf”
September 12, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 1)

In the first episode of the TV series, Papa Smurf gathers the entire village to act like alien “Swoofs,” granting Dreamy Smurf his birthday wish of traveling to the stars. It's a sweet episode about making a friend's dreams come true through complete and utter deception.

“Smurf a La Soup”
October 3, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 7)

When Bigmouth the ogre thinks Azrael the cat looks tasty, Gargamel (the villain) convinces Bigmouth that Smurfs would make a much more satisfying meal. If he's so evil, why does he care about what happens to his cat? I know a kids' cartoon can't show an ogre nom down on a cat and suck all the meat of its bones, but we either have a not-so-evil wizard or an epic fail in character consistency.

“King Smurf”
September 26, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 6)

Early critics of the Smurfs complained that the village closely resembled a communist government. So when Brainy declared himself the king of all Smurfs and the village revolted against his rule, kids probably started beating up on nerds with renewed Cold War gusto. Yet another meaning for Red vs. Blue.

“All That Glitters Isn't Smurf”
October 3, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 11)

I wish I sensed more shame in this episode––shame on the part of the writers for making the only female in the village a paranoid rumormonger. Smurfette had a dream that Gargamel took all Papa Smurf's powers, and then she spread this rumor to all the smurfs. Also, we see more beating up on the nerd, Brainy. I'm totally sure none of these stereotypes continue to resonate with the adults who watched the cartoon.

“Smurphony in C”
October 10, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 10)

Harmony Smurf has anything but harmony, which prevents him from playing in the village orchestra. Gargamel uses this chance to exploit the sad Smurf and decides cross dressing will do the trick. Under his stripper name, Aurora the Good Fairy, he exploits Harmony's desperation, much like any other stripper, and earns nine single dolla dolla bills in the process.

“The Incredible Shrinking Wizard”
September 30, 1984 (Season 4, Episode 7)

If Gargamel's cross dressing creeped you out, Smurf Gargamel really pushes the envelope. He wears the little white hat, the little pants, and no shirt after accidentally shrinking down to Smurf size. Only preforming true acts of kindness can save him. If he really wanted to preform an act of kindness, he should have kept his shirt on. Just sayin. It grossed me out, even as a five-year-old kid.

“Smurfing in Sign Language”
November 19, 1983 (Season 3, Episode 27)

If I say anything mean about this episode, Marlee Matlin will beat the crap out of me. Laconia, a mute elf, teaches the Smurfs how to communicate in sign language. Kids could even follow along as they watched. Except my mom seemed a tad displeased when I twisted my hands the wrong way and gave her the finger.

“The Smurfette”
November 21, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 21)

Here's the answer to why one lone Smurfette had to battle the sexes by herself. Gargamel created Smurfette to destroy the smurfs (picture Eve in a little white dress and smock hat), but Papa Smurf magically turned her to the bright side. Unfortunately, sprinkling "magic powder" on brunettes only turns them blonde in Smurfworld. The producers knew Smurfette's tinfoil-covered head and chemically-burned scalp probably weren't as compelling.

“The Magnifying Mixture”
November 7, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 18)

Hefty Smurf drinks one of Papa’s mixtures and turns into a giant smurf. Perhaps young A-Rod took this scene a little too seriously.

“The Fountain of Smurf”
November 7, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 17)

Papa Smurf drinks water from the “Fountain of Youth” and turns into a smurfling! He needs Gargamel’s help in returning to normal. Normal is a relative word here. If Papa had just sought professional help at McNamara/Troy (Nip Tuck anyone?), his lipo and facelift might have turned out better.

“Handy’s Sweetheart”
October 15, 1983 (Season 3, Episode 13)

It's like Beach Blanket Bingo without Frankie and Annette. And surfing. And singing. Anyway, Handy's hottie mermaid girlfriend Marina needs his help to cure her sick father. Sadly, an entire generation of little boys believed that an engineering career came with a Sports Illustrated model girlfriend. Oh, the irony.

“Smurf-Colored Glasses”
November 28, 1981 (Season 1, Episode 23)

Before Marina, Handy dug Smurfette, so he created magic rose-tinted glasses to make her fall in love with him. Unfortunately, she falls for Gargamel. Well, we know who wins in the end, eh, Handy? Hint: still not those little boys-turned-engineers.

"A Mere Truffle"
November 27, 1982 (Season 2, Episode 59)

Tracker Smurf loses his memory while searching for truffles in the forest. What five-year-old kid knows about truffles? This convinced me that when my parents bought me a pig I would find truffles on our greenbelt even though I had no freakin' idea what a truffle was. Dude, I just found out like last year.

"Papa's Wedding Day"
December 4, 1982 (Season 2, Episode 61)

I'm pretty sure Anna Nicole Smith began her scheming to marry that old Texan guy after watching this episode as a child. A gorgeous wood nymph tricks Papa Smurf into marrying her. Why call it a trick and not true May-December love? Stop thinking it's because I'm a cynic. The nymph works for evil Lord Balthazar. Now, if you're over fifty, stay away from young tail; got it?

"Smurfette's Golden Tresses"
October 28, 1984 (Season 4, Episode 114)

This episode disturbs me. Redhead Hogatha has warts and love handles, but knows that blondes have more fun, and basically have perfect lives. So Hogatha captures Smurfette and tries to steal her hair. It's like one of those cancer kid wig scams, except for Hogatha's self esteem. No wonder so many women dye their hair blonde. Stop pointing your finger at me. Stop it.

Carigamers

15 Most Memorable Moments from “The Smurfs”
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:44 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal