Author Topic: Windows Phone 7  (Read 67446 times)

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
Re: Windows Phone 7
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
@ Capt.

Microsfot was damned if they do, damned if they dont. They fighting a battle on many fronts. Windows has the stigma of being unstable. Cuased by windows me, and vista days. Windows 7 gain back alot of respect, but when ppl hear windows on a phone, they just dont trust it.
Microsoft coudlnt take the google approach. Becuase if microsoft had only release ah open OS, and it get any kinda bad press due to virus, instability, etc. They was dead for SURE!

It is much easier to recover marketshare due to "lack of features" that can always be added. Vs, Virus / Instability. especially being microsoft. They had to lay d ground work for speed, efficiency and stability. And i think they've succeeded there.

PPL didnt think android woulda be able to dent apple either, now watch......
It will take ms a while given android and apple position, but if they had to do it all over agian, i sure they would do it d same way, because d risk of failure doing it the android way, was way to high for them.

Also, Microsoft does have key unique features that is a must-have for me. So yes, they adding things that should have been there from the start, but i have not once posted anywhere on the internet about them features. Becuase i agree, is nothing special......

But wp8 does have features that are uqniue to the wp platform, that are a cut above the competition. To name a few:

Facebook intergration
MSN integration
Exchange Support
Keyboard
Office Apps (Onenote on wp8 works identical to onenote on my pc, i was really impressed at that upgrade)

So yea, microsoft are doing some key features that competative, so not like they just adding what missing, they are adding new unqiue stuff and improving on they advantage, kid's corner is a new usefull one too, not to all, but it's there. And they made alot of tweaks to things that really enhance the overall experience.

Camera Lenses, is another one that so simple but so epic.

So all in all, WP8 was a very big step in the right direction, Adding more, Improving whats there, and Adding what's missing.

It go take longer for them to eat apple share, but android didnt overtake apple overnight either, it took years. and google just had apple to deal with, MS battleing both, so mite take a while. But the lumia 920 single handidly sold more than all previous lumia sales combined, it still doesnt hold a candle to gs3 sales, but its a big improvement. And as fast as nokia make those phones, they selling out. Once they get they factories in order we go see how that phone do.

All in all, competition benifits us all, and MS approach again, may not have been the popular one, but i think it was the Only one, given the unique situation the company found itself in.

Alot of ppl cuss ms and say they shoulda do it different, but d different ways came with alot of risks too, risks that could have lead the company into an unrecoverable phase.

But based on sales and stuff, the company IS recovering marketshare, albeit slowly.

Also, they also really improved on the update process.
The first wp8 update is live as of yesterday for all US customers.

WP8 Portico. The fastest phone update i ever see in meh life.
That added more "missing" features, as well as fixed a few bugs.
The nokia version further improve the Lumia's 920 awesome camera by a significant margin. it as already the best phone camera available, now it even better.

And WP8 Appollo Plus is scheduled for early 2013.
So juss wait, they start off slow, but you'd suddenly find ms to be as aggressive as u wanted them to be in the start. I dont think it's too late.
Is microsoft and nokia we talking bout, if anybody coudl do it, those 2 can.

Carigamers

« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
I would think that since they own Skype now that integration would have to be a cut above but the other things you listed, your lack of interaction with Jellybean is showing.

I would have to say Skype integration is the only thing i'll concede on and maybe onenote since I dont use it. Heavy google drive immc.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
I know about jellybean, but ms does these better than the rest still:

Facebook intergration - native part of the os
MSN integration - native part of the os
Exchange Support - umm...., this one kinda obvious
Browser - from what i've seen, wp's browser is faster and smoother, as the rest of the UI.

Keyboard - this one arugable, becuase i havent tested the keyboard much myself, but i've heard swype or swifkey wahever d name is, is d best keyboard on android, and i heard the wp keyboard better than it. so this one is heresay on my part.

Office Apps - again, a bit obvious. anything MS own go obviously be better on wp. And i rely heavily on onenote, (i tried the evernote thing, it eh ready for onenote) and onenote is the best on wp.

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
Chrome runs smooth for me, and thats on a 1ghz single core, 512mb ram device. Plus bookmark sync and the ability to access your pc's browser session history from the phone and vice versa are critical features for me.

Dont have anyone on MSN anymore, especially as its gonna be shut down soon. Gtalk and whatsapp is where its at.

Friendcaster pro takes care of FB integration nicely, also jellybean has swipe functionality built into the OS, no need for third party app.

Exchange support, sure but office apps come into play only if you're in a corporate environment that runs a MS shop. Drive works splendidly for document and presentation authoring. Its nowhere as backward as you might think.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
Not saying it backward and not saying android versions of all those things are bad, I saying WP is better.
and right now WP prioritizing speed ed and efficiency over feature set, which being resolved as we speak. Take OneNote, the wp7 version was ok, better than evernote, the wp8 is epic!

I don't use word, and occasionally use excel, OneNote and outlook are my most used office apps, and the android alternatives no where close. I use OneNote on my laptop and desktop also. All Synced via SkyDrive.

pretty soon all platforms go be able to do d same thing, just some do certain things better. Is a matter of preference which better subset of features u want. For me that lies with WP. Its d reason I use wp7 lacking all those feature, cause what it those well it does best, and I value those things above the others that being added now. And d things I valued being made better and better, e.g. OneNote.

and MSN may be gone soon, but alot of ppl I know use fb chat, which is built in and works just like MSN. Hopefully Skype chat go join that list soon.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:25:11 PM by MessiaaH »

Carigamers

« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal