What is your belief system?

Christian
Hindu
Muslim
Jew
Rastafarian
Believe in God. follow no specific religion
God? what God?

Author Topic: The Religious Diversity of GATT  (Read 10510 times)

Offline Preston786

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB X2
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400
  • Broadband: Digicel Play
  • Origin ID: Preston786
  • Steam: Preston786
Re: The Religious Diversity of GATT
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
OH HO i see what u mean now

I wuz thinking in a more literal sense

:lol: @ new option

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • WD CGreen 1TB + 2TB + 2.5TB + WD CBlack 1TB + Dell 24" 1080p Monitor
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Access Control Trinidad
  • CPU: MSI P55-GD80 + Core i5 750 + cooler master hyper 212+ dual fan
  • GPU: xfx HD6870
  • RAM: 12 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
  • Broadband: :flow:
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
I thought it necessary that I explain why I separated Christianity and Catholicism. Though their core beliefs may come from the same place, the differences separating them is enough to cause clear distinction, and appears in 2 major forms.

1/ The book they follow as the word of god
Catholics' bible has within it 7 Books that other denomination of Christians do not hold to be the authentic word of god.

2/ The esteem in which Mary is held
Catholics regard Mary as the Mother of God, and often pray to her as an intercessor on their behalves, however other Christian fates don't follow as such as they pray strictly in Jesus' name.

This is why I categorized them separately, because a knowledgeable Catholic and a knowledgeable Christian of one of the many denominations will see a clear distinction in the teachings and practices, and will appreciate being regarded as either.

If I am wrong about this please correct me, but don't talk from your opinion share with us only the facts.

Oh and I have a question, regardless of your religious beliefs, what do you believe is the purpose of life and/or the reason we are here. I mean, we can bury our heads' in the sand and pretend like it doesn't matter, but deep down, it does, even if we never admit it to anyone.

*I think Arc will say to buy and own the coolest gadgets around hehe...

Offline VirtueTT

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 80
  • To each his own...
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3 Ghz
  • GPU: MSI AMD R9-280X 3GB
  • RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipjawX @ 1600 Mhz
  • BattleNet ID: VirtueTT#1129
  • MBL: Motorola Moto G 16GB
  • Origin ID: VirtueTT
  • Steam: VirtueTT
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
I thought it necessary that I explain why I separated Christianity and Catholicism. Though their core beliefs may come from the same place, the differences separating them is enough to cause clear distinction, and appears in 2 major forms.

1/ The book they follow as the word of god
Catholics' bible has within it 7 Books that other denomination of Christians do not hold to be the authentic word of god.

2/ The esteem in which Mary is held
Catholics regard Mary as the Mother of God, and often pray to her as an intercessor on their behalves, however other Christian fates don't follow as such as they pray strictly in Jesus' name.

This is why I categorized them separately, because a knowledgeable Catholic and a knowledgeable Christian of one of the many denominations will see a clear distinction in the teachings and practices, and will appreciate being regarded as either.

If I am wrong about this please correct me, but don't talk from your opinion share with us only the facts.

You are more or less accurate in the explanation. Catholicism, by historical documentation, was the 1st Christian Religion founded in Rome by the Apostle Peter. There are teachings which aren't in plain black and white in Bible that are part and parcel of Catholic doctrine, of course there is scripture to reinforce said doctrine. The intercession of Saints is another distinguishing factor between Catholic Christians and other Christian denominations and quite a few others to list., which are what most people have a problem with.

I was very skeptical about posting on this thread.  I do not share the exact same standings on religion that my brother has. We were baptized Catholic and I myself have managed to stay involved in the Church. At some point in my life, the very short 20 years it has been, there was in fact a period I stopped going to church and learning more about religion in general. Catholic kindergarden, primary and secondary school. Never payed much attention really till the last 3 years in form 5-6. I respect the views of other religions and admire them for their zeal and passion for what they believe in, and i say to that, to each his own. In my experience, despite the negative images painted by the media and others of Catholics and the Catholic Church, every religion, organization has its dark pasts and areas. Aside from those things, i am content with my life, what i believe and the way in which i live my life. I have gotten answer to many things i have asked, and am content with those answers because if anything else, my religion has taught me, as an individual, the importance of life and what i do while i am alive and how it affects those around me. Not even to go as far as following a religion, but being human and treating others like human beings, with respect, dignity and care. Again, to each his own
"Live life for the sake that others may have Life. Love for the sake that others may know love" - NLF

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
I'm from a household where my father is Muslim, mother is a Christian, grandmother was a Hindu and sister is supposedly a Hindu (she christened with a pundit) and I'm a Christian as well. I don't go to church (because of above mentioned hypocrites) I haven't taken a read of the good book in years and I'm not overly spiritual, I just know where my heart lies and go with that.

I've had interaction for extended periods with various religious leaders who've stayed at my house as guests including Maulanas (Islamic scholars), Pundits, Preachers etc. They've always been very pleasant people who always answered my questions and shared their views on various aspects of religion and spirituality. I had one interesting encounter with a pundit who studied in India who upon seeing me told me a whole lot about myself that really no one outside could have known even some stuff that I never told anyone, this really got me thinking.

I've witnessed 2 exorcisms (1 by a pundit, another by a priest) that really opened my then blind eyes to the reality of spiritual war as I would previously just shrug it off as nonsense. This really got me wondering as to why it is that Pundits and some Imams can handle "spiritual problems" "better" than preachers, priests etc.

Overall I find each religion fascinating in its own way. To people that don't believe in God or the supernatural that's fine to me as well, everyone has to choose their own path.

Offline UltimateGamer

• Kage
  • Chakra 40
  • The Great Sage!
    • WD CGreen 1TB + 2TB + 2.5TB + WD CBlack 1TB + Dell 24" 1080p Monitor
    • View Profile
    • Access Control Trinidad
  • CPU: MSI P55-GD80 + Core i5 750 + cooler master hyper 212+ dual fan
  • GPU: xfx HD6870
  • RAM: 12 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
Interesting "Pot" you grow up in there rb ... :)

Has religion ever been an issue or a cause for discussion among your parents/relatives?

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

Oh and I have a question, regardless of your religious beliefs, what do you believe is the purpose of life and/or the reason we are here. I mean, we can bury our heads' in the sand and pretend like it doesn't matter, but deep down, it does, even if we never admit it to anyone.

*I think Arc will say to buy and own the coolest gadgets around hehe...

...and you might be right too.  :laughing7:
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 06:41:52 PM »
Interesting "Pot" you grow up in there rb ... :)

Has religion ever been an issue or a cause for discussion among your parents/relatives?

Never really had any issues as far as I know. My dad actually likes to watch stuff based on the hindu epics as do I, on the flipside my mom loves to watch IBN to hear the various islamic scholars speak on various topics.

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:29:50 PM »
I love how someone on this thread said that they were proud to be a human being then ended with a Vulcan salute, lol.

This is what I have as my religious view on Facebook:
I am Awakened; beyond any label or category that man can invent. I am an enlightened God-Child.

Live long and prosper to you too, btw.

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Carigamers

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:29:50 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal