Author Topic: Equilibrium  (Read 19063 times)

The_Dark_Goddess

Equilibrium
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:23:31 PM »
OKAY! How many of you people has seen this movie??

i loved it  :D

the concept was pretty cool, i loved the gun kata or watever it was called, i cant remember.

It had me on my knees in front of the television screen bowing, with my father looking at me like i was a serious nutcase  :roll:

Anyway, any more equilibrium, matrix, dogma, black hawk down or boondock saints fans out there?                    

Carigamers

Equilibrium
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:23:31 PM »

Offline Ninja644

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 03:40:59 PM »
* Clears throat*
Once upon a time... bout earlier dis year, I was mindin my own business, limin by one of my breadrins an dem when all of a sudden I hear how he have a movie that badder than Matrix: Reloaded. Well know yuh boy tell him to push it in d VCR and we watch it...

Review: 2.5/5    

Pros:The plot was damn good. I give it that. Refreshing, new, never been done before. The ending was VERY VERY good. I got fooled, I was shocked, I loved it. The movie also gets credit for the bad guy also. Most of these fools in these type of movies can't even hold their own, but this fella actually put up a REAL good fight( did u see how he was looking throughout d movie, like an IMPS!). So the movie gets some credit there

CONS: The fight scenes. MY LORD THE FIGHT SCENES. The idea was good about how they were trained to fight and dodge everything at every possible angel, YA DI YA DI YA. It was executed POORLY :P  No joke. I mean... you guys really can't argue with me on this one. Look at the first fight. When he buss through the door, that was real mad, but when he stand up in the dark, you seriously trying to tell me NOBODY COULD'VE SHOT HIM? Ridiculous.... I not even going to start on the ending fights when he was chopping up everybody, ( well except for the weird looking indian boss guy)espcecially d black man. U see how the BLACK MAN get mash up? That was wrong.

Side note: Did you notice everytime he fought a group of people he was always in the middle of them?                    

We're not hitmen. We're Federal Intellectual Assasins. We be the F.I.A.

The_Dark_Goddess

Equilibrium
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 04:04:57 PM »
awwwwww

dont be such a spoil sport :P

i LIKED it :)                    

Offline Talib

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 04:16:46 PM »
ok goddess, i can see your in terest in jerry brukheimer, the dude who directed black hawk down.  he is simply the best director ever with movies like the rock, bad boys 1 and 2(which was so damn good),enemy of the state, pearl harbour-just to name a few. other than that, i didnt see equilibrium,  because i think wat turned me off was the poster that real "rivals matrix".i have my personal belief that matrix is and will always be the best movie ever created. but jerry's movies still rock                    

Offline KillZone

• Chunin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 04:21:03 PM »
that movie real dred i really like that so much that i does watch it  all the time . i have to get a good copy cause my one does play really bad                    

Carigamers

Equilibrium
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 04:21:03 PM »

The_Dark_Goddess

Equilibrium
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 04:47:59 PM »
ok goddess, i can see your in terest in jerry brukheimer, the dude who directed black hawk down.  he is simply the best director ever with movies like the rock, bad boys 1 and 2(which was so damn good),enemy of the state, pearl harbour-just to name a few. other than that, i didnt see equilibrium,  because i think wat turned me off was the poster that real \"rivals matrix\".i have my personal belief that matrix is and will always be the best movie ever created. but jerry's movies still rock

YUH DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

i believe in the MATRIX!! in fact, i didnt even WANT to see equilibrium cuz it was supposed to be wat u sed. Then one day sumone had the video and none of us had seen it, so we were like "okay, if its as bad as we think it wil be, we can laugh at it and make fun of the bad acting :)"

it turns out there were some good points and i really liked it :)

still....matrix is the bomb, nothing can beat the matrix.                    

Offline crazy_samurai

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Equilibrium
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 05:12:35 PM »
matrix sux... end of story for matrix

but equilibrium on the other hand was one of the dredest action movies i have seen in a long time.......since when arnold and sylvester used to make they good movies when they was younger. the gun kata was real boss... "D black man" get mash up bad because the john(ca't remember his last name in the movie) had the highest degree of gun kata plus he was one of the senior Grammaton Clerics and the black guy was only a junior.
the guy was always in the middle of them because that is where he can kill the maximum number of enemy with the minimum amount of damage taken                    

GI - Honesty and Justice
REI - Polite Courtesy
YU - Heroic Courage
MEYO - Honor
JIN - Compassion
MAKATO - Complete Sincerity
CHUGO - Duty and Loyalty
SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF THE SAMURAI

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2003, 06:02:03 PM »
matrix sux... end of story for matrix

but equilibrium on the other hand was one of the dredest action movies i have seen in a long time.......since when arnold and sylvester used to make they good movies when they was younger. the gun kata was real boss... \"D black man\" get mash up bad because the john(ca't remember his last name in the movie) had the highest degree of gun kata plus he was one of the senior Grammaton Clerics and the black guy was only a junior.
the guy was always in the middle of them because that is where he can kill the maximum number of enemy with the minimum amount of damage taken
Looks like someone didn't understand what the Architect was talking about.  Poor soul.

Equilibrium was cool.  Dogma kicks eye.  Anyone have clerks on VHS?  I want to show it to some folks.  Jay and Silent Bob OWN!!!                    
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline Rock_Angel

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2003, 06:15:27 PM »
equilibrium was dred.....i loved it!!!                    
YOU HAVE BEEN
HIT BY A (~ROCK~)
AND
TOUCHED BY AN *~ANGEL~*

Offline ARCH_ANGEL

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 07:55:49 PM »
This is a great movie but i think most of the spoilers are the people who cant get over the fact that the action and the plot of the movie is a bit more realistic than the matrix reloaded the only bad thing about the movie is the fact that they did not have the large hollywood media machine behind it i only found about it  about two months ago i think and only saw it a couple of weeks ago                    
[

Offline Akira

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2003, 08:08:06 PM »
I still need to see this movie!!!! Does anyone have the DVD that I can borrow???                    
In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen.

Offline Dardura

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2003, 11:58:39 PM »
Equlibrium.....hmmm

lest see.I got the dvd and watched..and really liked it.When i first heard of it and how it rivaled matrix,it turned me off also,but in the end it was real cool                    

You have gone too far when your lies have become your truth

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 01:46:07 AM »
nah equilibrium was realllllllll bad
had some wicked deaths for real
ah tell yuh when i was finished watchin dat movie i walk outside feelin like a real big gansta, watchin ppl in de road cut eye an ting                    

Offline Ninja644

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 07:35:19 AM »
Cot dam people! Looks like no one supports their local ninja.....
Oh yea, by the way: JAY AND SILENT BOB OWNS ALL BASES!                    

Offline DEATH

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2003, 08:08:58 AM »
that movies was mad i love it but we need that drug in trinidad
(say yes to no feeling or emotions)                    

Offline SHiZZ

• Ronin
  • Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 11
    • View Profile
    • Art and stories
  • CPU: Intel
  • GPU: 8800gt
  • RAM: 2gigs
Equilibrium
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2003, 08:25:01 AM »
lol, I thought it was okay. NOt very great, but okay.                    

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
Equilibrium
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2003, 09:39:07 AM »
Equilibreum was a great movie....Matrix certainly has some competition for the special effects crown now....                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline DEATH

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2003, 10:05:51 AM »
matrix has nothing on equibilireum  cuz everything in equilibreum  anyone can do                    

The_Dark_Goddess

Equilibrium
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2003, 07:37:10 PM »
death has a point about equilibrium vs the matrix, however i still stand by the matrix.

and OF COURSE Jay and Silent Bob own!!!!!!! :D:D:D                    

Offline Ninja644

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Equilibrium
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2003, 08:41:42 PM »
Umm... I know this is a little off topic (well maybe it is WAY off topic), but have u guys noticed Goddess avatar. She lost the glasses!!  whoooaa.......

Equilibrium. Oh yea, on d topic of the pill, that pill is messed up. That doh make sense. If yuh surpress yuh feelings you seriously cannot survive. The idead the leader had for them was stupid. I mean, at first it made sense, get rid of greed and lust and all other negative emotions and crime and murder will also be gotten rid of. But what of the other feelings, like love? or happiness? IT'S A EVIL MOVIE!!                    

Carigamers

Equilibrium
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2003, 08:41:42 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal