Author Topic: TRUE gamers  (Read 2486 times)

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
TRUE gamers
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »
Fellas

We have heard of "hardcore" gamers, "casual" gamers and "core"gamers. I have been gaming for 28 years.....I am a TRUE gamer. We are not held by console or genre....we are not held by personification or ideas. We FEEL the game......WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before others do. We KNOW it i has potential and we see that potential through....are you one of this? Are you a TRUE gamer? We are not bound by GENRE or POLITICS.....we are not bound by names or ideas

we are not BOUND by PC or CONSOLE....we GREW UP ON IDEAS!!!!!!  we are NOT BOUND BY THEORY...we have no TIME FOR THIS.....it is how we FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL it.......SHOW ME!

we are NOT bound by politics .....we FEEEL the game.....we KNOW the game. I do NOT leave those out of this generation or prior....we have prodigy's and they exist everywhere......SHOW me that you know......WHAT ARE...........YOU!!!!!??

Carigamers

TRUE gamers
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
Re: TRUE gamers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
I will call your theory based on my experience...... IRRELEVANT or SUBSTANTIAL.......I DARE you to step up...BEGIN!!!!!!!!

Offline Sesimie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 19
  • This is my story.....
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670MX
  • RAM: 16GB DDR3
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: Sesimie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »
I see a lack of responses.....or am I headed for a spirited dialogue.....
What makes a True Gamer?

According to Urban dictionary (not the best source imho)

True Gamer 1st definition
A True Gamer is one who consistently spends time playing PC and/or console games, at least three to four times per week. Hours spent playing can vary from only an hour per session to multiple hours per session. This consistent behavior must be present for a long period of time (i.e. more than 4 –6 months).

A True Gamer plays to have fun with the game and to have fun with friends. He/she enjoys winning, yet mostly is concerned with the pleasure of the entertainment.

A True Gamer also usually makes time to “fit in” a little time to play, no matter how busy he/she is. Playing games is fun and relaxing for the True Gamer.

A True Gamer enjoys playing a game AFTER finishing it; maybe not spend the same number of hours as before beating it, but will not sell the game after completing the main objectives.

A True Gamer DOES NOT buy a game, play and beat it in a span of one month, then never plays is again, then continues on with his/her life (this person could be considered a “regular gamer” or a “recreational gamer”).

More details regarding the “gamer” genre:
- A Gamer is one who plays PC and/or console games; one that may only play a game “once in a while.”
- A Recreational Gamer is one who plays only a select few types of games (e.g. sports, RPGs, or first-person shooter) and will only play the games when it is convenient to him/her (a.k.a Casual Gamer)
- A Hardcore Gamer is one who dedicates all free time to PC and/or console games. This person DOES NOT h...
more...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My definition :- A True Gamer is one who plays games not just for popularity or peer pressure...but because he/she derives some benefit/enjoyment in achieving excellence in diverse types of games. For me... age or time spent on games is not the defining trait....It is the Love for his/her craft/skill/talent while playing.

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
I think Shivadee's tone probably put people off from responding.   :laughing7:

Unfortunately, the demands of life have forced me to become a 'hardcore recreational' gamer, at least until my vacation starts.   :)

SwiftKeyed from my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Tapatalk
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline TriniLink

• Global Moderator
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 21
    • Nintendo Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6670
  • RAM: 4GB DDR2
  • Broadband: Flow Turbo 20
  • Steam: Manahero
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
True gamer here, check my Raptr progression to confirm that, also on my FB :)
True gamer also knows when to balance work/play so he doesn't become a hermit/Vamp ^,.,^

Real life is good, despite the lack of high rez graphics.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

Offline Shinsoo

• Global Moderator
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • Let me show you what it means to love.
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »
I think to adjust the tone of the thread and to not have it be an elitist or agist mess thread I guess it would help to figure out what a true gamer means to you and if you are one.

For me a true gamer is someone who devotes a  decent portion of their life to it.
Someone who adds gaming to many important decisions in his day.
A man or woman who may choose gaming over friends and family
Someone who can look past graphics and storyline to decide whether it is actually a good game and not just a movie.
A man who knows his gaming history.
Carries his gamer trained brain and uses it daily to accomplish average tasks with ease.

Anyways I saw this thread and instantly got reminded of one my favorite videos.

when i saw the tone i was like oh dear , maybe i will post tomorrow when i see where this going lol. cuz a true gamer need not say he is a true gamer. However he can if he wishes xD.
 I'm a true gamer . It is possibly the only true constant in my life and I am sure many gamers will find this as well.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
The tone was meant to instill energy into people rather than think of it as a rant. It isn't devised to put people down but rather make them get up and say "hellz yea"... remember these days?

Some good theories and answers. All opinions are that of each person posting. My opinion is different from anothers, but each person on this forum should consider themselves a true gamer. We game, we love games and the time and years devoted to it answers that, regardless of generation or age you began.

Personally for someone who has not just been playing for this long, but has also took it upon himself to blaze a trail into the industry and attempt to make a mark is something I would consider a "true"gamer. Likewise anyone who has games as a constant in their life (as mentioned above) would be considered a "true" gamer. At no point do I necessarily see or hear someone who "gives up on games" and deletes it from their life.

It isn't who is better. Its identifying the gamer for whom they are. Doesn't matter if you are fantastic at a genre or terrible at another, what matters is that you have fun doing it and enjoy it. Games are designed for each person to set their own goals because that's what they love to do.

We keep finding something that interests us in this field, and it is something that will never go away.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:50:14 AM by shivadee »

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
It isn't who is better. Its identifying the gamer for whom they are. Doesn't matter if you are fantastic at a genre or terrible at another, what matters is that you have fun doing it and enjoy it. Games are designed for each person to set their own goals because that's what they love to do.

Yup that's pretty much it imo. Some of my fondest memories ever,were playing old classics,  remember falling asleep with controller in my hand as a kid, keeping the zelda manual under my bed, so i wouldn't miss anything, and the peyonging of final fantasy as an adolescent. Heck mario 3, the original zelda on NES, (that gold catridge was awesome) and some of the earliest iterations of Final Fantasy are still some of the best experiences for me ever, gaming or otherwise.  Hell even talking about it gives me brings in the nostalgia.

I personally love video games, most genres, love getting lost in the story, the sensory overload some games bring, the camraderie some multiplayer games offer,  seeing how technology presents it to new audiences, and the sheer joy of seeing others enjoy it. I've had many hobbies, but this is one that stuck with me since before I started walking (yea my earliest memories was playing pac man on a home arcade system.

Though I do not have the capacity to indulge in it as much as I once did, I'm a gamer at heart. Period. and dam proud to be one too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:35:26 PM by Berzerk »

Carigamers

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal