Poll

ATI or NVIDIA???

ATI
7 (63.6%)
NVIDIA
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: ATI Vs NVIDIA....Who will come out on top?  (Read 4042 times)

Offline ak_47

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
ATI Vs NVIDIA....Who will come out on top?
« on: February 09, 2004, 01:25:11 PM »
Which company you think running the video card business right now...ATI or NVIDIA???....and which one allyuh think will run the video game graphics business...                    

SATSURO KIBAGIMI...MAY YOU DIE WELL

Carigamers

« on: February 09, 2004, 01:25:11 PM »

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 05:24:38 PM »
hoss. i FEDUP see threads in the wrong place. and i hadda ask this question!

MAN ARE YOU BLOODY RETARDED? dont you see there is a tech section for this? WTF!  you bloody blind? YOU HAVE 83 POSTS SO I KNOW YOU KNOW THERE IS A TECH AREA FOR THREADS LIKE THESE. WHAT THE MC WRONG WITH YOU? i notice people doing this! all over the forums as well.  allyuh want the mods/admins to be working 24/7? we wanna have a woman to keep to! we have game to pyeong! what the mc ! and ak you a bloody clan leader, what kinda example you setting dey?                    

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 07:41:03 PM »
Ati has always had the IQ lead...... ATIs cards are all within 10% of each other unlike Nvidia cards which  range from 20% faster than average to 80% slower than average.

ATI has finally gotten better drivers [ 0 crashes with ANY game or software ] than nvidia , nvidia is faster for shadow and polygon intensive software, ATI for shaders .

ATI cards currently have the low-medium end speed advantage... the 5950 is the fastest,, but.. who has the money for it?                    
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 07:45:54 PM »
the MAJOR thing radeons have over geforces is the......

FEATURES!
 Truform
 Fullstream!

truform makes lo poly models HHIII without much perf loss
fullstream makes all movie files with lots of artifacts smooth and clear.

unless nvidia hets themselves some advantages they will start to suck ATIs exhaust fumes                    

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
  • XBL: slyCzar
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 09:43:16 AM »
First thing, why make 2 posts in the space of 5 minutes when 1 would have done the job? Learn to use the Edit button...you now come off d Spammer rank, but like yuh want it back bad bad.

As for the topic, I once could say no evil about nVidia, but mine eyes have been opened...nVidia truely faltered with the FX series of cards. ATI meanwhile released the extremely competent R300 cards (9700pro etc) and showed everyone that they could be more than second best.

My belief was that nVidia would rebound within the next 3 or 4 production cycles, but I can't say that I'm too confident in that belief anymore. Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell. But for now, ATI holds the crown.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 09:43:16 AM »

Offline coldstorm

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 06:44:32 PM »
currently the graphics card leader is intel so i don't know why people don't know this but it is true :P. in  current games using dirext x 9 ati card are heavily favoured  . the reason being is becuase nvidia and microsoft where having some licensing problem with the xbox graphics chip so nvidia dropped out of the direct x forum . while nvidia cards do perform well in some they don't have the correct setting to make them look as good as the ati ones . as for future generations that is still undecied but ati and nvidia will still be there becuase of the contracts they might even have some new player entering the war this year . all this mean is that consumer will benfit from coompeditive pricing and updating features                    

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 11:02:33 AM »
currently the graphics card leader is intel so i don't know why people don't know this but it is true

So true, but only because of their integrated graphics solutions for business markets and low-end machines. However, the question specifically focused on ATI & nVidia :)                    

Offline coldstorm

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 11:44:37 AM »
the rest of the post dealt with ati and nvidia . currently ati rains king . that might change this year with the R400 and NV 40 card begining released this year also a new company called XGI coming to de scene their idea is to use dual chips for top of the line cards .  while the testing sites got early version of the card they said were decently stable with alpha drivers so there maybe be a new head at the end of the year                    

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 05:10:08 PM »
XGI cards are only 9700 pro level, and the area they promised to be faster in, hii res with AA/aniso on, they are slower than radeon 9600s or 5600s.

did you hear ? nvidia new card promises to be 4x the speed of a 5950.... ati promised theirs to be 2x a 9800 pro last year ......*kaff lie *koff   Nvidia always over hypes its new cards and when they come out people are dissapointed .
 The only card that deserved the hype was the geforce 3, the geforce 4 is a 3 with 2x the ram and some more clock.. the FX isn't much faster but has better IQ .

The main thing holding 3-d back is the effort put into the engines.... i just got LOTR.... ALOT better graphics that 90% of the newer games and it plays smooooooooth at hiii res.                    

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770

Offline coldstorm

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 09:47:47 PM »
dude u got some problems every review site stated clearly these are beta drivers . when the first beta from ati or nvidia come out they don't do astonomical numbers . so give them a chance to get their final ones out . plus more competition mean prices get lower :P                    

Offline Arucard-D

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 10:16:47 PM »
ATI run things!!!!!

Nvidia can't come close to ATI's performance at all...                    

Offline coldstorm

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 10:31:38 PM »
if u look at review sites they get about the same range ain't no real difference u can see in frame rates +/- 5% u ain't going to notice in quake 3 at 300 fps . what ati has is picture quality over nvidia                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 05:14:43 AM »
currently the graphics card leader is intel so i don't know why people don't know this but it is true :P. in  current games using dirext x 9 ati card are heavily favoured  . the reason being is becuase nvidia and microsoft where having some licensing problem with the xbox graphics chip so nvidia dropped out of the direct x forum . while nvidia cards do perform well in some they don't have the correct setting to make them look as good as the ati ones . as for future generations that is still undecied but ati and nvidia will still be there becuase of the contracts they might even have some new player entering the war this year . all this mean is that consumer will benfit from coompeditive pricing and updating features

hoss. you on some high level cocaine. you on a higher level of weed, you smoking dasheen an thing yes. gatt getting crazy coke members , for a man to make a statement like that he hadda be seeing god oui. i think we need to help this man folks. dont laugh at him please. we need to put up a fund to raise some money for him, he needs psychological help :( , councilling an to be registered in the mad house. so he will have his mad house papers.  a certified crazy man. i realise that men start smoking with trinireturnofthegamez does be smoking, because he is a man on some high level stuff, he mustbe sniffing opium oui, or sniffing bayleaf or something.  anyone know of a place to can help out our gatt member coldstorm? he's in need of assistance.                    

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 05:18:48 AM »
lolol we need serious assistance, we have to call dey ppl in the gatt's aslyum for them oui.Treatment iymc!!!                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 05:21:44 AM »

The main thing holding 3-d back is the effort put into the engines.... i just got LOTR.... ALOT better graphics that 90% of the newer games and it plays smooooooooth at hiii res.

well hoss. i know from long days that you from another planet. you not from earth nah, you mustbe the weed god or something. lemme straighten you out one time. the effort put into the engines is not what holding 3dback, its what is pushing it forward. what kinda mc you go make. jeeze, its ok to talk shit eh man, but is to talk A level shit, you a certified shit talker oui. if no effort was put into game engines (q3, d3 , etc) then whats the need for fast videocards an all kinda fancy features. its the engine that provide those nice features, all them sexy bump mapping and real time reflletions you see, without the engine there will be none of that, you go be playing tic tac toe in pascal. some engines are more tweaked for performance than others, but it isnt what is holding 3dback. you and coldstorm need assistance. i think you spreading your certification of shit talk around to other members :( , it contagous iwmc                    

Offline richjob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 08:14:38 AM »
Easy, Ramp.  Easy.

ATI is a bit faster for now.  If you're running Linux, Nvidia might be a bit better for you, due to Nvidia driver 3D support for more recent chips.

I wish there were a couple more card chip makers, though - it would make for more inovaton, speed and cheaper prices.

/me remembers 3dfx lovingly and sheds a tear.  

What?  It was my first high-end card, damnit!  Voodoo Banshee 16 MB PCI IYMC.  I still have it home, and not letting go.                    
----------------------------
There used to be a URL here.

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 10:43:39 AM »
LOL @ ramp...preach d word ma brother :D Man say d XGI performing on 9700 pro levels oui...most benchmarks have shown that the XGI V8 Duo, the top of the line XGI card, can just barely keep up with the nVidia 5700 and ATI 9600 & 9500 series of cards. Considering the drivers are still not production quality yet, it's somewhat ok to think that they might allow the cards to perform at levels slightly higher once they release some final versions, but I wouldn't expect much more movement up the scales. At best I think they can reach a 9700 non-Pro, but certainly not at the level of a 9700 Pro.

LOL @ rj an he Banshee! When nVidia first come on the scene wit their Riva TNT, I saw d light and jump on d bandwagon, dat was meh first true 3D card, I had warn meh cousin not to bother wit no voodoo business, but nah, he say 3dfx is it...I's still heckle him bout dat oui! After the TNT, I move on to the GeForce2 GTS, T&L was the way of the future. And now...well, nVidia has made me make an about turn, an FX series card was supposed to be the next card in my machine right now, instead...9700 Pro from ATI...and ah real likin mihself for dat decision.                    

Offline Flippant

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2004, 12:03:23 PM »
another consideration that has not been mentioned:
for those stealth tweakers, ATI cards run alot cooler and therefore need slower, quieter fans
so for home theatre apps, or for those who download while they sleep, quiet is a must.                    

Offline coldstorm

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2004, 01:28:40 PM »
dude what am i mad about :P please explain so i know if to correct my ways :).                    

Carigamers

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2004, 01:28:40 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal