Author Topic: Is PC Gaming Dead? (as we knew it)  (Read 46770 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: Is PC Gaming Dead? (as we knew it)
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
maximum and w1ntry friendlist full apparently but added all the others.

Now trying a lil team slayer action in Reach.

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 11:34:53 AM »
I bought a PS3 earlier this year and haven't really played it that much, still have alot on the pc keeping me occupied.

I guess if I get the move bundle I'll spend more time with it but it's growing on me.

To me it's all about what you wanna play yes, as the consoles are good for fighting and other certain types of games, not having issues with compatibility etc really makes me want to ditch most titles on  the pc and start increasing my gaming list on the ps3.

The thing is I may have to sell the ps3 as most ppl seem to be online on the xbox. That's the whole point of gaming for me, to enjoy it with other peeps I know online. The ps3 doesn't seem to get much love due to it's playstation home, seriously lacking some key features e.g. alerting you when someone is online while you're playing a game, I mean cmon man....

ps3 dont get love on this site. this site is a pc/360 site
that dont mean more ppl play 360 over ps3

many trinis who have ps3 dont even come to this site or know about it
even ppl i invite to the site take one look at some of the threads an ride out due to certain ppl always bashin on the system and some of the blatantly fanboyish comments and is because of what ppl tell me i just stop altogether tryin to encourage ppl to even come on the site

PS: how is the ps3 not alerting u when someone is online? or did i read that wrong? either way u can turn off notifications if it bothering u

and besides PS3 exclusives > 360 exclusives

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
i personally, because i so into pc gaming, will buy a ps3 rather dan an xbox, becuase like blue said, it have more exclusives. And i dont really see anything on xbox that i want to play, other than gears 2-3. PS3 i have ah much bigger list. But i waiting fuh a new Jak and Daxter to release for d ps3 before i buy it, becuase i think jak 2/3 was d best game on ps2, Jak 4 fuh PS3 is instant buy of dat console for me. at which time i shall jump in d uncharted, d ratch and clank, etc etc.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 11:52:35 AM »
If men reading a few poke comments and not bothering with the site imho daz lame. Yes I said it LAME. I prod fun at PS3 and the PS3 men poke fun at 360, it's an ongoing game, noone really has apathy for the other, if a man ask me about a PS3 i'll tell him the honest truth and depending on their needs if the PS3, Wii, PC, or 360 suites them best.

This isn't a PC/360 forum please, if anything it's a PC forum XD because on sheer numbers the tech related thread far outweigh anything else. But even so regardless of the platform there are tonnes of legitimate threads on games, advice, etc. Blu if you think there isn't enough PS3 related posts, then FIX THAT, doh complain and say how is just fanboyism, you think I doh get LEVEL talk from the K&M men about consoles as a whole?

Dread is BIG men in here, who vex loss, Redlum and myself are probably the MOST outspoken Xbox men, and Apprentice and yourself the PS3, daz 2 men both of which 1 is an admin and 1 a normal member. So my question is this, would you rahter complain about lack of interest or MAKE ppl interested?

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »
well said.

I don't think there is any bias. Equal opportunity bashin'.

The admins have every gaming system known to man, as do the membership.

I think you're just seeing the glass half full there Blu_vice.

Any perceived short coming of the PS3 is more a reflection of the system, its local community and its online gaming network rather than GATT.

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »
well tbh the "bashin" of systems not really helpin the community grow now is it?

@ win i stop complainin long time , MY community good and in order, the local one is the one that suffering but then again i doh play much with locals so it not really affecting me as ppl can see i practically stopped using my Blu_Vice psn

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »
I was going to address blu in the thread but I will do so in a PM. Vice, check for a PM.

Offline Doomtack

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 17
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7 930 @ 3.4
  • GPU: 2x GTX 580 SC SLI
  • RAM: 6Gigs HyperX DDR3
  • Broadband: Blink 8Mb
  • PSN: Doomtack
  • XBL: DoomtackTT
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »
I have all of the aforementioned Consoles....
And my favorite will always be PC for 2 main reasons better graphics and customization, and free online.
The second is the reason I prefer the PS3 over the 360, free online.
However the 360 excels in other things that i appreciate.

All in all, gaming should be considered based on a persons wants... not what they choose to use to satisfy their needs.

For instance, I recently bought a PSP because I wanted to game while on vacation and away from home, and I am thoroughly enjoying it, even more than my bigger consoles.
It all boils down to a personal preference.

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
I have all of the aforementioned Consoles....
And my favorite will always be PC for 2 main reasons better graphics and customization, and free online.
The second is the reason I prefer the PS3 over the 360, free online.
However the 360 excels in other things that i appreciate.

All in all, gaming should be considered based on a persons wants... not what they choose to use to satisfy their needs.

For instance, I recently bought a PSP because I wanted to game while on vacation and away from home, and I am thoroughly enjoying it, even more than my bigger consoles.
It all boils down to a personal preference.

take chakra for this post brother!!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
doomtack, if wishes were horses, all beggars would ride.

The fact remains, that despite the clear superiority of the PC platform, it has become marginalized with every passing year and served its supper from the scraps of the table, after the consoles have eaten their full.

10 years ago there was a migration.....many console gamers transitioned towards the PC as platform of choice.

That is now in full reverse.

A console or two in a sweat was a curiosity amidst an ocean of gaming PCs. Now the opposite is true.

I'm not just talking about casual gamers, leaving Bejeweled to start gaming on a PS3. I'm talking about hard core PC gamers like w1ntry and czar crossing the floor and shooting for the other camp.

It is cause for concern. A changing of the guard brought about by careful and calculated sabotage of the PC platform by big industry players.

I'm not happy about it one bit!

But as the old saying goes......

If you can't beat them....join them (then hook up a keyboard and mouse adapter and beat them) lol

Offline Reaper2051

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 8
  • Live for something..........or Die for NOTHING!
    • Xbox 360
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ImmortalJoker66 Twitch Channel
  • CPU: Phenom X6
  • GPU: nVidia GTX 970
  • RAM: 8 gb
  • BattleNet ID: ImmortalRite
  • Broadband: Flow Broadband 25mb
  • Origin ID: Immortal_Joker
  • Steam: Immortal_Joker
  • XBL: ImmortalJoker66
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
CUTARSE BOOK!!!!

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 07:59:25 PM »
If men reading a few poke comments and not bothering with the site imho daz lame. Yes I said it LAME. I prod fun at PS3 and the PS3 men poke fun at 360, it's an ongoing game, noone really has apathy for the other, if a man ask me about a PS3 i'll tell him the honest truth and depending on their needs if the PS3, Wii, PC, or 360 suites them best.

This isn't a PC/360 forum please, if anything it's a PC forum XD because on sheer numbers the tech related thread far outweigh anything else. But even so regardless of the platform there are tonnes of legitimate threads on games, advice, etc. Blu if you think there isn't enough PS3 related posts, then FIX THAT, doh complain and say how is just fanboyism, you think I doh get LEVEL talk from the K&M men about consoles as a whole?

Dread is BIG men in here, who vex loss, Redlum and myself are probably the MOST outspoken Xbox men, and Apprentice and yourself the PS3, daz 2 men both of which 1 is an admin and 1 a normal member. So my question is this, would you rahter complain about lack of interest or MAKE ppl interested?

To be fair there are tonnes of PlayStation articles on here. The PS3 thread alone is near double the 360 thread. The PlayStation community on here heavily contribute.  Additionally the proportion to which stabs at PlayStation are made versus stabs at 360 is very lopsided to the "360 men".

Those with PS3's have always admitted that 360 has better online features, but that's it. The PS3 local community is HUGE. Pretty sure it's even bigger than the local 360 community due to the PlayStation legacy locally.
Ya'll always boast that 360 has daily CoD sweats etc. It's the same damn thing on PS3 but that detail is always left out. There are hundreds of Trini's I see playing all the time in various lobbies at all times of the day. I choose not to play with them but with those I'm closer to like family, close friends and members of GATT.

I think the bottom line is that you guys should stop painting a grim picture of the PlayStation community.
It is present, it is active and BOTH 360 and PS3 provide excellent gaming platform choices from community, to exclusives and quality. It really is time for all of us to stop throwing fanboyish comments out there and put all that nonsense behind us.

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »
Well said.  I remember having such a rollicking (and lag-free) good time on PSN with the Bad Company 2 beta.  Its such a shame the retail game didn't work on my system.

Of course I can honestly say from a totally non-fanboy standpoint that PSN still has a way to go to match XBL overall, but there have been a lot
of credible improvements, and its STILL FREE.

On-topic:
Its only a matter of time before the last bastion of PC gaming,
the MMORPG is successfully ported to consoles, and then its literally
'game over'.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
I've been preaching it for years, all they had to do was port WOW to a console and that would have been game over. Of course keyboard and mouse would be a necessity, but I did say it eons ago.
Where's the fun if we don't poke fun at each other (I feel like a broken record cause i've said this before) it's always done in good fun besides come down to it I believe we'd all recommend the best platform for a persons' needs.

And to think this hijack was courtesy of a man who eh reply to noone yet....

Offline Doomtack

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »
But think about it this way... When the PC is replaced.. At least the replacement would be better....
Cus i don't think that something lesser will replace it... (current gen consoles... excluding the new motion control stuff, which need some maturity time to prove.)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
something lesser has already replaced it. Like you ain't reading the thread or what???? lol

Right now, PC gaming is on the endangered species list despite being technically superior in every way.

While consoles running dated hardware flourishing. Vastly outnumbering it.

It happened to the arcades, it happened to sweat and now even the individual sitting at home playing Call of Duty Black Ops on his gaming rig is coming under fire.

We can make a come back. Steam/Valve is still in the game, hard core. (Although even they are bringing Portal 2 to the PS3)

But do not think for a second that we aren't in crisis as of this writing. I pray that two years later, we could look back on this thread and laugh if the PC returns to #1 spot as a gaming platform powered by digital distribution. Remain at red alert until such time.

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:53 AM »
Where's the fun if we don't poke fun at each other (I feel like a broken record cause i've said this before)

LOL @ broken record. Yea you have said that numerous times. Thing is the fun pokes are disproportionate on the forum lol. Anyhow's that's that and its not my place to change what people enjoy doing :).

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 07:11:07 AM »
what can be done for PC gaming to reclaim its place?

what can we do to give it the full support?

as many have already said, buy the dam games, if yuh like it buy it.steam gets ridiculous with some of them deals. pay the people for what they make. keep the blood strong.

one other trend im seeing is the amount of free online Pc games, from the massive amount of free mmorpgs, (vindicticus, lord of the rings online, conan etc etc) to other free games such as battlefield heroes, company of heroes online and the new online free battlefield. not to mention stuff like league of legends, Dota etc, which a lot of us still play.

there are literally TONS of these free games, and they aren't half bad either. all only on PC.  :happy0203:

I not seeing pc gaming dying completely soon, but we all have seen that big publishers not bothering to give us the high quality products they once made, but rather lazy ports.

But think about it. The level of production required to make a console game, is I would surmise nowhere as in depth as making it for pc. the usual pc additions would require a certain investment in resources, which given the economic climatic may not be all that profitable. (graphical additions, console commands, dedicated server support etc) games are made for profit, all they are trying is to maximize profit minimize losses.

consoles require a lot less hardware, so the term 'console port' is the easier route for devs to save money, and prevent the PC community from getting 'shafted'. (though the pc gamer gets a lesser product)

Im personally seeing a drive, (if we would really take notice) to save the pc gaming. From some developers still giving us triple A products, to digital distribution, to the tons of free (and actually good) online games. Its aint over yet. lewie continue to support hella strong rather than just say we making a full migration.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:29:39 AM by Berzerk »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
hear hear!

Offline Doomtack

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »
something lesser has already replaced it. Like you ain't reading the thread or what???? lol

I mean completely replaced, as in almost nobody using PCs for gaming. Rite now, PC gaming is still a stonghold.

An Berzerk, i agree... support the damn developers!
If any of you could write an ounce of code, or have tried to come up with some of the ideas needed to go into gaming, you would appreciate how much work actually goes into this thing. It is at times more complex and high strung than working in some of the top fields in other big businesses.

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal