Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 25757 times)

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/28/vehicle-dynamics-in-dust-514/

jizz
vehicle customisation is sooo epic
once this game gets the shooting part down it will blow away anything Battlefail or any other game has and wud be cheaper than regular priced games.....WIN :D

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
I'm just interested in the integration with EVE Online, let us know how that works out!

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
I'm just interested in the integration with EVE Online, let us know how that works out!

from the previews ppl played at gamescom this year they said it was good. A DUST merc on the ground had to give coordinates for where he wanted the air strike and the EVE player orbiting the planet above would be able to deliver.

altho that is only interaction gameplay wise, outside of that would be interaction as well

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
http://dust514base.blogspot.com/2012/01/dust-514-playstation-pulse-117-video.html

latest pulse vid to hit the PS store (hit youtube earlier than the store) shows off some ACTUAL gameplay
its right after she talks of Twisted Metal

this blog gives u a breakdown of the clip even tho minor shows off alot of the game.

2 of my 3 major concerns are already addressed in this small clip

1. Its not BF/CoD low health style
2. Its fast paced and not slow molasses gameplay

3rd major thing that i need to see now is clan support and how corporation/alliance wars are handled
cant wait for this :D

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »

Offline madmunkie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 35
  • Trophy Hunter
    • :ps3: :wii: SNES
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • PSN: mad_munkie
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
A quick look at Dust 514's arsenal:

Minmitar MH82-BCR Personal Autocannon

Gallente CRG-3 Plasma Shotgun

Caldari ZN-28 Nova Knife

Dat knife looking real bad!

More info:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/17/the-future-of-war-building-dust-514s-arsenal/

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc

Offline madmunkie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 35
  • Trophy Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »
yuh know trinis like the f-word (free) lol. jk  :tongue5:

Offline madmunkie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 35
  • Trophy Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
some gameplay

looks damn good

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
free yea but how many wud actually STICK to it?
free only guarantees ppl wud try it

here is the thing this game isnt for the weak, it has alot of consequences.....death means u lose all ur gear u had equipped (guns, ammo, dropsuit,modules)

we all know as well the cod mentality ppl in to unlock shiny stuff and go into battle with the "best" stuff
i can see alot of QQing taking place when ppl who just spent millions on a new shiny tank get it blown up like a tard and lose said vehicle.

another thing working against trinis in particular on this is lack of teamwork and tendency to love to lone wolf
tried years ago to build a solid trini only clan....didnt work out.....and this game is built for clans not lone wolfing...can ppl come together on ps3 and actually get in a proper clan environment and employ tactics etc and not just wear the tag but still do own thing?

interesting to see how this turns out on PS3 and more importantly GATT side. id love to see ppl start up a GATT corporation and see how ppl manage with it and with it being free if it can get ppl more involved with regular sweats or sum.

Altho i wont be apart of it wud still be nice to see it happen, but i can only see that if ppl give it a DECENT chance aka not spend 10mins on the game get owned and then quit back to cod like always but actually stick at it and keep gettin better, too many ppl on ps3 miss out on some fun experiences because they too lazy to get good and expect every game to be cod
/rant

now for some fun posts
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/09/dust-514-new-vehicle-roles-and-characteristics/
new dev blog for vehicles (this is an awesome read)

http://www.dust514base.com/2012/03/gdc-and-dust-514-what-have-we-learned.html
dissection of the gameplay in the vid munkie posted above

http://www.dust514base.com/2012/03/dust-514-on-vita-companion-app.html
one of the main reasons along with portable fifa im gettin a PS Vita

http://www.dust514base.com/2012/03/i-see-you-favour-shield-extender-on.html
breakdown of a video clip showing dropsuit customisation

this game is gonna be big and ppl need to clan up for this...just make sure whoever running the GATT corp and in charge of the financial side is active and pays the corp bills on time or else ur corp will be disbanded lol :P

Offline VirtueTT

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 80
  • To each his own...
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3 Ghz
  • GPU: MSI AMD R9-280X 3GB
  • RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipjawX @ 1600 Mhz
  • BattleNet ID: VirtueTT#1129
  • MBL: Motorola Moto G 16GB
  • Origin ID: VirtueTT
  • Steam: VirtueTT
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »

another thing working against trinis in particular on this is lack of teamwork and tendency to love to lone wolf
tried years ago to build a solid trini only clan....didnt work out.....and this game is built for clans not lone wolfing...can ppl come together on ps3 and actually get in a proper clan environment and employ tactics etc and not just wear the tag but still do own thing?

You obviously need to go play some RTS games like SC2, HoN, LoL and DOTA with the locals along with some BF3 on the PC. Just because the people you've played with can't coordinate, doesn't mean we all fall into this category.

interesting to see how this turns out on PS3 and more importantly GATT side. id love to see ppl start up a GATT corporation and see how ppl manage with it and with it being free if it can get ppl more involved with regular sweats or sum.

We can try. But as you yourself said, free only guarantees ppl would try. If we have the people to properly push, anything is possible no?

Personally if I had a PS3 in the first place, i'd do my best to assist with sweats where I can. It's not by choice i don't have one but force. Circumstances just don't allow it.

Altho i wont be apart of it wud still be nice to see it happen, but i can only see that if ppl give it a DECENT chance aka not spend 10mins on the game get owned and then quit back to cod like always but actually stick at it and keep gettin better, too many ppl on ps3 miss out on some fun experiences because they too lazy to get good and expect every game to be cod

So you say you want to see GATT attempt to gather a following for the game, yet you won't be part of it?  :shakehead:
"Live life for the sake that others may have Life. Love for the sake that others may know love" - NLF

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
I think the problem is with the PS3 community

we seem to be able to rally and play as a team on the PC platform just fine.

maybe its an issue with communication systems on the PS3 or something? I've heard men lament about lack of full featured chat functionality.

Personally, my PS3 sees casual action. More fighting games than anything else.

Don't have the time to commit to anything as involved as what you just described.

Offline madmunkie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 35
  • Trophy Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
Rant full of bad personal experience and opinion. Anyway i don't have time to dedicate to a clan and all that fancy stuff. I will play this game alone and shoot anything that walks and have fun doing it HAHAHAHAH!!

srsly.. let ppl play what they want how they want. U does be beating up for nothing homie
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:11:05 AM by madmunkie »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 01:48:18 AM »
you know, I think Vice probably using reverse psychology on the PS3 community boy madmunkie

not that it's working though

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »

You obviously need to go play some RTS games like SC2, HoN, LoL and DOTA with the locals along with some BF3 on the PC. Just because the people you've played with can't coordinate, doesn't mean we all fall into this category.

We can try. But as you yourself said, free only guarantees ppl would try. If we have the people to properly push, anything is possible no?

Personally if I had a PS3 in the first place, i'd do my best to assist with sweats where I can. It's not by choice i don't have one but force. Circumstances just don't allow it.

So you say you want to see GATT attempt to gather a following for the game, yet you won't be part of it?  :shakehead:

ive played with PC ppl who have consoles

im already managing my own clan for one plus leading and organising/recruiting/gettin ppl ready etc for the alliance i formed for the game....i realllllllllyyyy dont have time to fit in a gatt corp for part timers

like i said i tried leading an all trini clan before years ago, they just not on my lvl when it comes to clan stuff and being competitive, organised, that drive to be good etc

if i schedule practice drills no one is gonna show up and take it srsly

all these things i went through before and guess what just end up gettin frustrated and that frustration wud be 10x as great if i did it in DUST because of the consequences involved with failure

im always here for advice as usual but actively participating in running the gatt corp if it ever happens is a no no
im already doing way too much work as it is with the above mentioned

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 01:00:23 AM »
Rant full of bad personal experience and opinion. Anyway i don't have time to dedicate to a clan and all that fancy stuff. I will play this game alone and shoot anything that walks and have fun doing it HAHAHAHAH!!

srsly.. let ppl play what they want how they want. U does be beating up for nothing homie

i not beating up padnas
if i was beating up i wud actually still be caring to build a solid trini clan. i gave that up looong time ago
i just dont want ppl hype deyself for something and then get disappointed because it too "hard" or too "complex"

PS: u can play the game solo and have fun but ur missing out on the actual game if u know anything about EVE u will know its very clan driven not solo driven. Same applies to dust u wont be experiencing the real draw/selling point of the game just running around like a smurf hence the reason this community so hooked on cod, get in get out fast action no commitment involved

Offline Doomtack

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 17
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7 930 @ 3.4
  • GPU: 2x GTX 580 SC SLI
  • RAM: 6Gigs HyperX DDR3
  • Broadband: Blink 8Mb
  • PSN: Doomtack
  • XBL: DoomtackTT
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
In all honesty, i would love to play this game with a clan, the way it's meant to be played like vice posted earlier.
But that's the problem there, alot of us just don't have that much time to commit, and it will always be an issue for the folks here on GATT, because most of us here working, some have families who depend on them, and some actively participate in their social life outside of gaming... that kinda thing...

I will be trying out this game though, cus i've been psyched for it a long time now.

Offline VirtueTT

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 80
  • To each his own...
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3 Ghz
  • GPU: MSI AMD R9-280X 3GB
  • RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipjawX @ 1600 Mhz
  • BattleNet ID: VirtueTT#1129
  • MBL: Motorola Moto G 16GB
  • Origin ID: VirtueTT
  • Steam: VirtueTT
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
In all honesty, i would love to play this game with a clan, the way it's meant to be played like vice posted earlier.
But that's the problem there, alot of us just don't have that much time to commit, and it will always be an issue for the folks here on GATT, because most of us here working, some have families who depend on them, and some actively participate in their social life outside of gaming... that kinda thing...

I will be trying out this game though, cus i've been psyched for it a long time now.

Hit another nail on the head there. I know my cousin likes this kinda stuff but he himself, even being my age, works more than a lot of people i know. Plus he's still hooked on MW3 and Uncharted 3. He'd be willing to play with some people and form a team/clan, once he has the time.
"Live life for the sake that others may have Life. Love for the sake that others may know love" - NLF

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

http://www.dust514base.com/
^^ this is also a REALLY good fan blog
made by 2 EVE players, lots of info
and they breakdown those short clips for u and let u know wats goin on etc

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »
Don't think I'll have the time to really enjoy this game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal