Author Topic: !EVERYTHING! PS4  (Read 232222 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: !EVERYTHING! PS4
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »
I don't understand. What can you do for free with the PS4 online?

That you can't with the xbox one?

Honest question

Carigamers

« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:13 AM »
1. And yet still so many ppl paying for xbl that widely regarded as the better service lolol.

2. Man still talking bout ps3 lololol, this d ps4 thread dude, next gen in we skin, my ps3 good for last of us and that's about it.

3. Have u even been reading the thread? Go back and read to see what else besides psn.

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • Origin ID: TriniShaq
  • PSN: TriniGamerShaq
  • Steam: TriniGamerShaq
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2013, 01:06:58 AM »
@TriniWyatt On the ps4 you have access to your subscriptions such as Netflix,crunchy roll, hulu etc. are available without plus, cross game chat is available without plus, you are able to use the recording features without plus, ftp games such as dcuo can be played without plus. So essentialy your basically paying for miltiplayer.so if your someone who can live without multiplayer or only plays sp games you can still get the benefits of the console

Xbone however is the complete opposite, everything is behind a paywall.cross game chat,subscriptions,whatever ftp games they have,recording, everything.

Surprised they don't charge you for turning on the thing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »
Having to pay for Netflix rel gay. But if you need subscription for mp gaming anyways, shouldn't matter either way. All the free games you get with PSN requires a paid subscription adding multi to that list, just kinda defeat the whole purpose. Netflix being behind the paywall or not wont make a big difference, after all, the PS4 is touted as the console for gamers right? Who don't care bout media features, so what Sony did? They put the most important aspect to gamers behind the paywall, online gaming. So although Netflix etch still free, everybody still going to be required to pay to game. Smart move, they hadda do something to try and get ah slice of that pie Microsoft bake.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Interesting. So xbox silver wont allow you to chat and record games online?

Ouch

Cool that you don't need to pay foe free2play games. That sector is exploding (for better or for worse)

So a free2play game like tekken revolution won't require me to pay a monthly subscription on the ps4? But will on xbox one?

Million dollar question.

Carigamers

« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
I don't know bout Xbox silver, go have to Google to find out that one.

Don't know bout Tekken either, but what I can say is, for multiplayer features, u will have to pay for both consoles.
Combat games are especially useless without an online connection these days. So it mite be F2P single player, but I think online gaming on both will still require a paid subscription.

Somebody could verify that.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »
I start researching it and see this about that game:

Arcade Coins are required to play Tekken Revolution’s singleplayer mode (which nonetheless requires you stay online) and are replenished free of charge at a rate of one per hour, though you can only hold a maximum of two Arcade Coins at a time. To play more than twice in two hours you’ll have to pop over to the PlayStation Store and invest in some Premium Coins (quite reasonably priced at £3.99 for 30 with smaller bundles available, too). There’s a similar coin system in place for the Ranked and PvP matches, though you can hold up to five Battle Coins at a time and the recharge time is reduced to half an hour, a setup that smartly nudges you towards online multiplayer.

Needless to say that's D biggest load of crap I ever see and I stop my research, whether it free or it ain't, I wont be playing that game lol. Because it not really free, quite the opposite, That's rip-off.

Ok, just found this:

Sony has confirmedonline free games to play Free-to-Play Online PS4 Games Wont Require PlayStation Plus Subscription that the PlayStation Plus subscription thats required to experience multiplayer in PlayStation 4 games wont be needed by free-to-play titles like DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, Warframe, or Blacklight: Retribution.

This requirement, however, wont be applied to free-to-play games, as Sonys Shuhei Yoshida has revealed, via Polygon, that players wont need to Plus to access certain online titles.

Developers of other free-to-play titles that will hit the PS4 can make their own decisions about requiring PS Plus or not.

So it going to be a game specific thing really. Ah well. That model can suck egg for how they do it in Tekken. So I could care less.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:42:01 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
Anybody who does play tekken revolution could tell yuh de system actually decent yuh get 5 tokens to play online(1 replenish every 30 min) yuh also win golden tickets every now and then,golden tickets if used to fight are given back to you once you win.if yuh grow up on tekken in the arcade the system no different.yh yuh get 2 for arcade but who goin and play the arcade in ah game intended for online only.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
Can't argue with free

+1 for the PS4!

+1 for doing the research Messiaah as well. Truly a man of your word. Lesser punters would have kept quiet if they found information in their google search that didn't support their argument

respect due

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »
And what free games on psn require a paid subscription? Dan stop talking shit.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
When I say free games, I don't mean free-to-play. I find you don't be paying attention you know, then you does come flaring up, that's why I took you to school earlier in the thread.

Free games as in the free monthly games offered to Ps plus subscribers as part of their  paid service. Unless I wrong and everybody does be getting those......?

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
Yh but even if yuh don't own the games yuh getting some damn good value for the fee though,for less than the price of 1 brand new game yuh gettin to play a new game every month,not to mention the deals yuh does get, just the other day ah get the last of us for $36 and dead space for $5.So sure maybe on xbl yuh could supposedly connect faster or some shit so but is it worth the cost? So shit load of games vs a better online session, as a gamer the choice  ain't that hard.

And yuh keep throwing around xblg more used and shit yuh ,ever think that maybe just maybe that is because the console damn near useless without a gold subscription?if yuh have a silver account with a 360 yuh better off with a ps2 at least yuh have some good games to play.

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
If you guys did not hear the recent news, XBL will be carrying over the FREE Game every month promotion for GOLD subscriptions on the Xbox One. And with the Xbox you actually OWN the games, even if you stop paying for GOLD Live, once you downloaded the game previously, it is FOREVER associated with your account. You can download again if you deleted it from your Hard Drive. Whereas with PSN+ if you stop paying, you don't "own" those games and you won't be given access to download them again until you PAY for PSN+.

So...I think the facts speak for themselves...

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
I d'oh know why u fighting down yourself u know lololololol.

Nobody said PSN ain't good value. That value was put in place to make up for the epic fail that was PSN hack and down for 2 months. That is d sole motivation that started that whole free games thing.

Yes there is value in PS Plus with the free games and yes there is value in the free content even when u don't have plus.

You ask if it worth the money for xbl? Clearly the entire Xbox base thinks so lolol. If it useless without it, then MS was smart enough to structure it in that way to actually make money. A structure Sony now trying to implement and play catch up on. U think the new policy for PS4 requiring payment for MP gaming stops there? Those policies going to get worse as time pass. Because Sony not making any MONEY!

And for me personally. 60$ ah year for XBL Gold? Stueps, that's 1 game of many I buy, that's a no brainer. I'll pay that sure. As will many other gamers out there.

The added value Sony provide mite be enough for a lot of ppl, Trinidad especially, PlayStation nation. But it ain't enough for me. The free games actually useless to me, unless is the games I want to play. Namely the AAA blockbuster titles. And the timeframe it takes for those to become free, I could get them on amazon for 5$ and not have to be subscribing to no PS plus.

But yes, Sony console without Ps plus, still offer better value, than Xbox. Nobody arguing that. If All I want is Netflix on a TV and want a media box to do so, with mild gaming, ps3 is a good option sure. But u know what I do with my PS3? Play these games: Mortal, Uncharted 1,2,3, and God of War. NOTHING else. It collecting dust all now. The free incentives Sony offers meaningless to me.

Ok, Redlum just finish d argument for me. If that ain't gg I d'oh know what is. Free games for life? Whether u subscribing still or not? GG NO RE. :laughing7:

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »
Since games with gold start they give nothing but crappy ancient games, this month on psn we get dragons dogma, the month before kingdoms amalur and the month before that saints row 3.

Messiah yuh say yuh is ah pc gamer so yuh obviously know something about quality, so tell me why yuh even bothering to defend Microsoft, yuh bored awa?

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
I bother to defend MS , because people does Cuss them. That is my sole reason.

I find it should be fair, if yUh want to cuss 1 for something, cuss everybody who do shit. But the internet in particular have a grudge against MS. D slightest thing MS do, it all over the interweb. Pitchforks and torches instantly.

But all other companies does do mess too, but its overlooked. Is "small things". Sony could have d most horrible launch ever. But is still no biggie.

Let MS have remotely close to d launch Sony have nah. U go see all hell break loose on the internet.

And that's why I defend them.

I also defend them because they don't ever get credit for doing good stuff. It don't matter to you how good xbl is. Give credit where it's due nah. I give Sony credit by saying, yes, d free aspects of ps3 are better. etc etch etc.

When it comes to MS side, nothing they do is given any credit. Everybody always have ah reason to cuss Dem or belittle they efforts. And this applies across the entirety of their Company. From servers, to PCs, to phones, to games, to services.

Skype was always d best thing out, MS buy them... guess what.... cuss lololol. And I can go on and on with examples like that.

MS don't have the best image out there, and its partly their own fault. They need to fire their marketing and imaging team and replace the whole lot of them. But I don't buy into marketing and baseless hype. I look at products for what they are. And give credit where it's due. And cuss where it's also due.

Even for things I'm a self proclaimed fanboy of. Zelda is my best example. Never play wind waker cause in my mind is mess. Mite be a great game, but not for me. But I personally fine Zelda to be d best franchise ever made, and ocarina of time and Skyward Sword to be d 2 best games ever made. Credit where its due. Cuss where its Due. Fair.
If more men called Sony out on their bullshit, and give credit where its due. I wouldn't be defending MS so much.

I hope that answers your question :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:25:48 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Man say Wind Waker is 'mess' oui...  O_O

'...guards, SEIZE HIM!!! '

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Omega v18 | SwiftKey | Tapatalk 4

Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »
Boy the art-style just never take me, (ironically enough it was great in Skyward Sword). I try to play it eh, ah try, but it just wasn't engaging me.

I promise myself I'll give it a second try with Wind Waker HD. And although I know the story, I still want to fill the gap by experiencing the entire story properly. Also considering getting the new Zelda Link between worlds for Son 3ds and giving that a go.

But is ah Zelda game we talking bout, ill accept my sentence with dignity. lol.

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
microsoft deserve every cuss and bad mind they get. damn greedy bastards. shoulda keep they ass out ah de gaming industry hopefully ps5 go get rid of them.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
Lolol, and that attitude right there is exactly why I defend them, and all that bad mind and ju ju is what cause Sony to have a crappy launch, so keep it up :laughing7: , and hopefully ps5 get rid of them? :laughing7: ain't even bothering to respond to that.

Carigamers

« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal