Next Gen Consoles, Who Buying?

PS4 @ Launch
Xbox One @ Launch
PS4 Post Launch
Xbox One Post Launch
Both Post Launch.
None, i good!
Both @ Launch! (For Shivadee)

Author Topic: Next Gen Consoles, Who Buying?  (Read 19447 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: Next Gen Consoles, Who Buying?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »
Well you wade right back into the issue and brought us full circle Messiaah. Highlighting the greatest problem with the PC platform. It's complexity.

Homogeneity is both a blessing and a curse.

All that flexibility the PC has and "openness" leads to epic convolution.

Like you rightfully said....rapt, steam, origin, gfwl, battlenet, in game voip, mumble, teamspeak, ventrilo....and for the lame-ohs....skype...all to communicate with your fellow gamers on the PC platform. It is dizzying.

The PC platform is crying for a "one ring" communication solution. Like Trillian (which allowed you to use one client to communicate across many instant messaging platforms, icq, msn, yahoo, jabber, etc...)

Oh and don't get me started on drivers.

Sorry to bring it back up, but the amount of "beta" drivers I had to install to play Battlefield isn't even funny. You couldn't even play the game AT ALL without first installing a beta driver. W-T-F

Getting to the finish line with Battlefield is like a steeple chase with 10 ft tall hurdles and shao khan blocking your path. (No wonder a man like Messiaah could give up on Battlefield)

I was evangelizing battlefield all over the known internet. Pretty quiet these days though....can't in good conscience send an unsuspecting gamer into that trap.

As zerk said before, when the game works it is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. A testament to what a modern  vehicular shooter should be. Breathtakingly beautiful with the best gameplay dynamics and animations the world has ever seen.

The technical issues though...EPIC FAIL.

That is the story of the PC platform. In 2013.

And that is sad.

A thousand platforms within a platform and mandatory beta drivers to play top titles (even then you still have issues, as expected, it is beta after all)

This industry needs to mature. Feels very much like living life on the cutting edge.

Meanwhile in console land, I fire up my PS3, play Tekken....not a fuss in the world. Same for Halo on xbox (all of them). Same for Mario Brothers on Nintendo (all of them).

I suspect the Next Gen consoles will soon offer that same simplicity to gamers at 1080p (on the PS4 at least) and then what? Hard combination to beat.

Xim creators,  please make a next gen keyboard / mouse adapter for me please. GG

Carigamers

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »
One thing though, that pc arc posted is something like "next next gen" lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Not really, that's old tech. Men PC was running that long time. And that's the beauty of PC.
Mid next year->q4 , that pc will be completely obsolete lolol. And all tech and prices will be pushed down to mainstreamed.

@Wyatt, boy I rely d'oh like how u saying I "Give up on B3 for technical issues" yUh making it sound like I wasn't technically capable of solving d issue bai! lolololol. I did not spend anytime looking at the issues Aral. I boot up B3 Beta, see man disappearing through walls, went through hoops hoops to even get in a game. I HATE, I repeat HATE!!!!!!!! Battlefield website system to join games, it so stupid, and the separate friends list thing is infuriating. And since I have no love for the genre, I just press exit and never look back. If I  was a fan of the genre id spend the time to fix it.

All in all, the bottom line is, I didn't go running to consoles because of it. That's d bottom line. The true master race ain't going anywhere. We don't need to "compete" with consoles. Consoles have they market, PC have theirs, and besides all the shortcomings, the advantages are just too great to say "stuesp, I just going console". The advance pleb will do that, not the master race. So in the end, it's a testament to how great PC gaming is, because apart from all its obvious glaring flaws and complexity, the PC gaming community has GROWN, and continue to do so. So men couldn't be happier to be a PC gamer in this day and age, with more and more previously console only experience, making there way to PC. Hell, we even getting Titan fall. A game PS4 ain't even getting :).

Is not every time somebody point out a flaw of PC, or express a wish they have, means u have to take that point and use it to prove something. I clearly freely admitting what pc lacks, and what I wish we had, it by no means says, go console. They both have their pros and cons. IMO the Pros of PC far outweigh the cons. And the Cons of console outweigh the pros. And that kinda thinking is what makes the difference between the Master Race, and the console peasants :laughing7:

Edit:
Also like to point out, your very own post on FB shows how strong the PC community is. Even the poll on this very thread.

On another note:

Can somebody explain me why this is?

Xbox One Console (Standard Edition)
Xbox One delivers an entertainment experience like nothing before. Its innovative technology is rivaled only by its iconic design.
TT$4777.77
http://www.cariszone.com/categories/movies-music-games/video-games-consoles/xbox-one/systems.html

Sony Playstation 4 Console (Launch Edition)
PlayStation 4 is the best place to play with dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features.
TT$5477.77

http://www.cariszone.com/categories/movies-music-games/video-games-consoles/playstation-4/systems.html       

If the cheaper PS4 has anything to do with adoption rate, then something rel disturbing about those prices. Anybody could explain that one? Disturbing for PS, great for Xbox.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:46:18 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
You missing my point completely Messiaah. Only so many people have the technical gonads to wade through the issues on the PC platform. THAT is the point.

Not sure where you have been living but console gamers out number the PC master race like 10 to 1 (people with machines that could score 5000+ on 3dmark 2011)

You know why? For all the very reasons both you and I listed. So that battle already lost.

PC now trying to make a come back in terms of growth and relevance. As you know, developers were very much making games for the consoles FIRST and for PC's second...if at all. Lazy ports iwmc.

Grand Theft Auto 5 launch, another one of the greats and where the PC version? Can't reach yet.

I beat that horse to death several times on this forum. No need to do it again.

Cow done out of the barn and getting milk by another farmer.

Don't get me wrong eh, cause I stand firmly as a PC gamer. Promoted the hell out of steam and battlefield as boons to the platform. That said, I have to call a spade a spade and a "tall, steaming pile of shit" a "tall, steaming pile of shit."

This industry has a lot of work to be done. True talk. We, as gamers, have only to benefit from not putting up with crap when it is shoveled down our throat.

If the PS4 / Xbox One offer a seamless, epic gaming experience come Christmas. I will say that, regardless of the love for the PC. No sugar coating.

Likewise if Dice/EA get their act together with Battlefield by then, but not a moment before.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
Yes, I call bullshit when I see it too, is something I wish everybody would do.

Which is why I say, I wish PC had a unified messaging, online, and friend infrastructure.
And yes we all know how much console outnumber pc and all that jazz, don't have to go over that argument.

But my point is, to me, PC >>>>>>>> Console. Despite allllllll what you've said.

ANd yes, for the majority of people, that don't have the technical knowledge as you put it, console would be d answer. And that's perfectly fine. That's what consoles were made for. People that couldn't be bothered.

Nobody arguing down your point. We just saying it have a Master Race. That's all :laughing7:

(It have less Greek Gods than humans eh, just saying :laughing7:)

And judging from the results of your very post on FB, (and the results of the poll on this very thread) it shows just how strong the PC community is. Despite a few vocal advance plebs, we ain't going anywhere.

PC gaming is better, period! That don't mean I dont want even more... in the way of, easy of use, streamline, unified online ecosystem etch etc etc.

Right now console like ah Kia, and PC like ah Mazda Speed 3 Manual with Turbo. Mite be harder to maintain, harder to drive, etch etc etch, but it smokes the Kia hands down. Some mite argue they don't need all d power d Mazda have, and they perfectly fine sitting in d Kia and just driving. And it have much more Kia in the world because of that, that don't mean d Speed 3 line going anywhere :)

But yes, if I could get the power and mod ability of d speed 3, and convenience of the Kia, , of course I taking it.

We will get their, it just takes a bold move from MS to bring full xbl to windows. (Which I honestly think they going to do) And a few other things to be put in place. And once they do, we go have everything console have, plus retain the ability to do what d hell we want with our PC. And that my Friend, would be GG no Re.

PC FTW. Consoles could suck egg, lol, Give me KI on PC, and I selling my xbone same speed. :sassy:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:02:41 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »
Messiah, Trinidad is PS country, so let them pay those prices...LOL

Carigamers

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
That PS4 price is no doubt in anticipation of the increased demand for PlayStation in Trinidad in general.

Still...at $5400 plus...they WILL be keeping it.
My thoughts on local merchants have been WELL documented on this site.   :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Omega v18 | SwiftKey | Tapatalk 4

Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
Simple economics Arcman, high demand + minimum supply = higher prices..I wouldn't pay that though, they could keep it...

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
Well, let the uninformed plebs beatup and continue to be slaves to 'simple economics'.

Me?  I smarter dan dat.

Amazon and eZone go continue to handle me yes.   :happy0203:

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Omega v18 | SwiftKey | Tapatalk 4

Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Boy every time I hear men say, this is d price of something in TT, and I say...." that's robbery"  they does say "Nah man is good price" And I think that's why man head getting buss so hard in trini.

I can get a PS4 in hand for 3200$, 3600$ MAX, u telling me 5477.77$ for it? wayyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, lololol.

I can't belive the console that cost 100$ US more, is cheaper in trini. As Redlum say, PS Nation, take jam!

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Them local merchants going overboard man. Though I don't think anyone can beat back that guy on tuner selling for $15000..... Level Lexington

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »
For crying out loud, I just come across another reason I don't like consoles.

Considering getting Lego marvel for Xbox as a family / couch game. 60$!!!!!!!!!, reallyyyyyyyyy!?

I just picked up Ryman legends on steam for 20$ (this also going to be 60).

Marvel is 30$ right now, and I sure I getting that for 10-15 black Friday.

HDMI to pc and Xbox receiver oui. Cause them prices makes zero sense on consoles.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
The selling price of any item is usually tied to the cost.

In the states a PS4 going for top dollar right now. Any local supplier trying to sell a unit isn't getting it at US$399.99 themselves. They will be paying much more than that. Hence the higher prices.

Check what you have to fork out on Amazon to grab a PS4 today. (see picture below)

Madness

PS....totally agreed @ messiaah. That is the main reason the PC remained my primary gaming platform throughout the last gen. STEAM. Games are so dog cheap on steam. Digital distribution to the world!

Consoles are slowly warming up to that. The playstation has embraced the indie scene and with it, cheap digitally distributed games.

Microsoft will certainly follow suit. So this generation is going to be one helluva showdown.

Can't wait.

PSS....Is good to see a man like you bawling @ a $60.00 game that should be $20.00. See how it influences your purchasing decision?

Now you can understand how paying US$60.00 a year to play online with an xbox vs free on the playstation can lead to an entire nation swinging in Sony's direction. (beats dead horse)

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
Yes, I already conceded that point on many occasions, the value of free > paid.

But now that both paid, it don't matter either way.

But the price of games on PC is still ah lil bit more ridiculous. Because in my mind, PC is the better platform, why on earth would I pay 60$ for a game that's looks worse, as apposed to 20$ for that same game, looking much better. Mild convenience not enough to warrant 40$. In the case of XBL though, the advantages of the XBL system one can argue, is worth the 60$ over free.

But like I said, either way, it don't matter anymore, cause yUh hadda pay to play on both now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:05:04 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »
But I think from observing the conversation with you and trinishaq that the PS4 still offers more value in the "free" configuration.

That is, without paying for PSN Plus.

More online features are still available from the PS4 vs pretty much everything sitting behind the xbox live gold paywall on the xbox one? Isn't that right?

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »
What me and trinishaq settle on is this:

The people that don't use psn, don't have a means to pay for the services, some don't even have internet.
And in such a scenario, the other "free" features of PlayStation are useless, because they all require internet, or some sort of subscription or the other. Netflix for example. YUh can't use Netflix if u have no net. And if u have no CC to pay for PS Plus, then u also have no CC to pay for Netflix.

And if you have the means, and ability, to actually use online services, then you would be buying the console to play multiplayer as well. And since Multiplayer is behind the paywall, which is the most important aspect to a gamer. They going to be paying for It. And at that point, it don't matter what else behind the paywall, cause u have to pay for multiplayer anyways. (like TriniShaq who paid up till 2015).

So that's the final consensus, the "free" advantages of PS3 are inconsequential.

(Reference from Post #280 on the PS4 Thread)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:56:47 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
That is not what I gathered at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he also say you could have a PS4 with internet and play free2play games online with your friends???

Not having to pay a red cent.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:19 PM »
Well if you think Free F2P is enough value then by all means. But given the fact that most F2P games suck, or nickel and dime the hell out of u (defeating the whole purpose of being "free") then what's the point?

Don't know what itch you trying to scratch Wyatt lololol.

But the conclusion is, if u buying ps4 to play offline, d "free" features don't matter to u.
And if u buying it to play Online, then u have to pay for online play and it wont matter what behind the paywall.

But yes, if you happen to be one of the people who spends TT$5300 on a PS4 and subscribe to an internet connection, just to play Offline and F2P content only. Then yes, PS4 value matters.

No need to fight up over this again lolol geeze , yUh miserable eh lllololol.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
lol

I not being miserable, I am asking out of honest to goodness concern.

As a man who owns several consoles, this is very salient information.

My PS3s never had psn+ during their lifetimes and worked perfectly fine online. I am hearing that the PS4 may still be able to do that to some degree.

My experience with free2play games hasn't been bad. Tekken Revolution was very decent. As was DCUniverse Online (xjin played a ton of that).

Both scored about 70% meta ratings.

The primary use for my consoles are IRL multiplayer gaming. Not online. (except for Halo)

Everything from Dance Central to Soul Calibur. So yes, I may very well be one of those non PSN plus people with a PS4.

Most of my online multiplayer gaming will take place on PC for free (Battlefield, Titan Fall, Dota, etc....)

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
Yes Wyatt, but you don't represent the average consumer, you have 2 Xbox, ah pc, how much ps3, ah mean serious, u could do without ps plus lololol, unless yUh want to play killzone or any non-F2P games online.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
lol, so my concern don't count cause I'm not the average consumer????

On a side note, yes, I want to play KillZone but not with a bloody gamepad. Need keyboard and mouse support before wading into it on the PS4.

Not willing to make that compromise when it comes to FPS games. WASD immc

Carigamers

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal