Author Topic: Assassins Creed Unity  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
Assassins Creed Unity
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »

Seems there are some improvements over Black Flag

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unitys-paris-is-huge-really-huge-1588817927?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

T
he game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved. P
There is no competitive multiplayer mode in Unity, the first time a big new AC will lack that since 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.2345P
There's a crouch button. Yay!6P
There will be a modern section to the game as well, in some way starring "you." I'm not quite sure what that means, but they said it'd be different than Assassin's Creed IV, which had the player in the role of an unnamed employee of fictional (and Templar-aligned) Abstergo Entertainment.789P
Amancio may have previously been the creative director of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but he promised me we would not be getting the return of that game's tower defense missions. Praise the lord.P

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-9-things-need-know/

1. EVERYTHING IS NEW
Assassin’s Creed Unity isn’t just an iteration on the previous Assassin’s Creed. This game has been rebuilt from the ground up specifically for the next-generation of consoles and the latest PCs. “Because of these new-gen consoles, this is the first time that we can fundamentally change a lot of the core mechanics and a lot of the stuff under the hood in terms of engine, game mechanics and actual game structure,” says Creative Director Alex Amancio. “So this is what Unity is. It’s not a reboot. It is a reinvention of Assassin’s Creed for this next generation.”

2. INCLUDING THE PARKOUR…
One of the biggest changes: the ability to navigate down a building. Previously, you’d climb up a building, race across the rooftops, then find a convenient haystack for a leap of faith, landing safely on the ground below. “We wanted to avoid having haystacks all over the place and doing that special move all the time,” says Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand. “Controlled descent is more exciting. It also allows you to do things that are different each time. This also adds to the sense of joy of being free and doing whatever you want.”

You’ll need that extra freedom of movement, as the buildings are now all designed at a 1:1 scale. Acrophobics, beware: You’ll really feel that height when you’re standing atop Notre Dame, staring out over the city.

And that’s just a small taste of how navigation has been overhauled. The way an Assassin will move through Paris will be radically different than in previous games – but we’ll have more on that later.

3. …AND THE STEALTH…
From how the enemies react when they spot you, to how you sneak around Paris, stealth gets a full makeover. That includes a new stealth stance, which changes how Arno moves and alters how he sees the world. In fact, stealth is once again at the center of the experience, thanks to some radical changes to the gameplay. After all, as Amancio says, “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo.”

4. …AND THE COMBAT
Speaking of Rambo, when it comes to combat the team went back to the original core values of the game – but then executed everything on a next-gen level. “We actually made combat a little bit harder than before,” Pontbriand says. “The Assassin is still a very, very strong fighter. He can easily dispatch an individual or a couple of guards or enemies. But we also wanted the game to be a little bit more realistic.”

Enemies are both smarter and tougher, but so is the Assassin. Button mashing will no longer work when facing a large crowd. A savvy Assassin will have to rely on a combination of stealth, planning and all the tools at his disposal to handle certain situations. “It’s more fun because there are more tactics involved,” Pontbriand promises.

5. MISSION UNCONTROL
Mission structure has also changed. Or, to put it more directly: missions no longer have a set structure. In previous games, you’d be given a defined set of goals. You’d achieve them, or you’d start over – either at the beginning of the mission or at an appropriate checkpoint. Assassin’s Creed Unity introduces something called Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM) – which is exactly what it sounds like.

To explain AMM, Amancio lays out a typical scenario from previous games. Let’s say you’re tailing a Templar target; if you get spotted, the mission might be over. That’s no longer the case. “We’ve opted for a different philosophy where we won’t tell you Tail this guy,” Amancio says. “We’ll just maybe tell you Figure out where he’s going.” That means you can tail him if you like – and if you get spotted, the tail could turn into a chase. If you lose him altogether, your goal switches to locating your target. If a riot happens to break out and your target is killed, then you can loot his body to, say, find a letter that tells you where he’s going. “So it’s really up to the player to figure out how he’s going to do this,” Amancio says.

Of course, there’s much more to AMM than this. It’ll never be as simple as choosing the easiest path (i.e., killing every target and looting their bodies) because that could have serious repercussions in the world. “If a guy is missing, maybe they’re going to double up patrols in your next mission. So there’s a risk. It evens itself out.”

6. SAY HELLO TO ARNO
Every Assassin finds his way into the Creed in his own way. For Arno Dorian, his journey is about redemption. “Arno was witness to a great loss,” Amancio says. “He feels responsible for that. He feels that he could have prevented it, and he didn’t.” So Arno seeks out the Assassins in the hopes of acquiring the means to prevent the corruption that hurt him from hurting other people.

Carigamers

Assassins Creed Unity
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »

Offline Skitz

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Defending the n00bs | Destroying the boobs
    • PSVita, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
  • GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB 5700XT
  • RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) V-Color Prism RGB 3200Mhz CL16
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: TheMakeshiftHero
  • Steam: themakeshifthero
Re: Assassins Creed Unity
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
This game blew me away.
Some Random Person: "BRO CHECK OUT MY INTEL i9 9900K. TOTALLY WORTH IT."

Me: *Laughs in Ryzen*

Offline shivanandrs

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 45
    • Xbox 360
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz
  • GPU: MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
  • Broadband: Blink Broadband
  • Origin ID: shivanandrs
  • Steam: shivanandrs
  • XBL: shivanandrs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
3. …AND THE STEALTH…
From how the enemies react when they spot you, to how you sneak around Paris, stealth gets a full makeover. That includes a new stealth stance, which changes how Arno moves and alters how he sees the world. In fact, stealth is once again at the center of the experience, thanks to some radical changes to the gameplay. After all, as Amancio says, “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo.”

4. …AND THE COMBAT
Speaking of Rambo, when it comes to combat the team went back to the original core values of the game – but then executed everything on a next-gen level. “We actually made combat a little bit harder than before,” Pontbriand says. “The Assassin is still a very, very strong fighter. He can easily dispatch an individual or a couple of guards or enemies. But we also wanted the game to be a little bit more realistic.”

Enemies are both smarter and tougher, but so is the Assassin. Button mashing will no longer work when facing a large crowd. A savvy Assassin will have to rely on a combination of stealth, planning and all the tools at his disposal to handle certain situations. “It’s more fun because there are more tactics involved,” Pontbriand promises.

(+)

Offline tonowasabi

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:46:43 AM »
It is a very good post on it. I just posted this and I was looking for rerunning. There is for sure a lot of content I like.

Carigamers

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:46:43 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal