Author Topic: Heroes of the Storm  (Read 4620 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Heroes of the Storm
« on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
New Year, New Moba.

Blizzard has come out with a bang.

Get ready to meet your favorite heroes (and villains) bigger and badder than before.

Presenting Heroes of the Storm.

This is not your grand mother's moba.....they have managed to turn the battle arena on top of its head by removing  common gameplay mechanics and simplifying pretty much everything. Stripping away a lot of the hard core and leaving a pretty pure, almost infantile experience. Almost.

The deceptively simple game has replaced that complexity with accessibility. Allowing less experienced players to jump in and contribute with ease.

Instead of one static arena, they have several diverse maps in rotation. Each with different dynamic elements and a radical appearance. Doing away firmly with the standard three corridor formula.

Team play is crucial at higher levels. This becomes the case very quickly because the typical game is over in 20 minutes. Levelling up is brisk. Very short as far as mobas go. You do not require a PhD to have blast, nor dedicate a lot of time to enjoy the blizzard polish here.

Last but not least, the game is FREE (and a relatively small download at just 4gb)

Jump on battle.net, download the game and jump in the suhuweat!!!! GATT members are usually on from 9PM - 11PM every night.

Boom Bang Connect

For instructions to join us on the teamspeak voice chat server, see the link below:

http://www.carigamers.com/cms/forums/index.php/page,teamspeak.html

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:09:23 PM by TriniXaeno »

Carigamers

Heroes of the Storm
« on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
Re: Heroes of the Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »
Boom Bang.

HOTS to the wurld!

After many years of being resistant to the addiction that is DOTA/LOL, i decided to give dota a try after much peer pressure from DOTA aficionados lol. Played it for about 2 weeks and was well on my way to true to life addiction. Spent $7.50 USD on a sniper skin promptly.

Around that time Berserk re-introduced me to HOTS, and i never looked back......

The entire first 10-15 minutes of a DOTA game are negated.

No last hitting, no farming. Team fights are initiated pretty much straight away. There is no "1 man gone in bush to farm and come out a God whiles the others low level and barely doing jack late game" Team leveling is the name of the game, 1 man does good, you all do good. 1 man sells body, you all sell body.

There is not 1 man soling a whole team of 5 in this game. Most matches the team level differed by 3 for the most i've seen. Most games are really close. And you never feel helpless as if you've already lost. There is always a chance to "come-back".

The game is pure fun, and ive pretty much played it every day since. The maps offer fresh variety. and the game oozes of blizzard polish. Seeing long time favs like Thrall hot up the scene is a treat. and everything from graphics to audio to personalize to pizzaz is there. Blizzard has come out to romp!

Currently the diablo season is on. so diablo stages, UI, music, and heroes. Next up is Starcraft then Warcraft. Fun times ahead.

This is the MOBA for me. GG, NO RE, WP!

Fall EEN!

Eternal Conflict Season Trailer:

Hero Trailers:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:28:52 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline VirtueTT

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 80
  • To each his own...
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3 Ghz
  • GPU: MSI AMD R9-280X 3GB
  • RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipjawX @ 1600 Mhz
  • BattleNet ID: VirtueTT#1129
  • MBL: Motorola Moto G 16GB
  • Origin ID: VirtueTT
  • Steam: VirtueTT
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
This should hardly constitute as a MOBA. 

Might as well fire up TF2 and play capture the flag.

#shotsfired

My biggest problem with this game is the complete lack of versatility. Once you skill a talent. That's it. There's no changing it. Make one mistake with your build and that's it. You're fckd. Your contribution towards the game becomes negligible in A LOT of cases.  There's the problem of PTFO.  If you have ONE man who is not co-operating.  That's it.  GG NO RE.

At least in DOTA/LoL/HoN etc., one person can be a complete shitong BUT if you have the other 3-4 playing well and farming, there's a chance to come back and turn the game.  This same level BS makes one person's hard work look like nothing.  The other team has their Ultimate and your team doesn't, you can't fight them. 

But to each his own.  I class this game for the people who just can't get DOTA right.  It's simple, quick, and you get to play with your oh so loved Blizzard Characters.  The 40-60 mins you spend winning/losing a DOTA game can be spent winning/losing 3 games of HoTS.  That's pretty much all it has going for it.
"Live life for the sake that others may have Life. Love for the sake that others may know love" - NLF

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »
There is no I in team. And the fact that 1 player can be the end of your team, is what I like most about the game. Every player on your team is required. There is no leaving 1 man behind while 3-4 other players have their own game. Teamwork is essential. And yes, careful build order choice is important, so pick talents according to team comp and how the game progressing, if u make a mistake, well then salt, lolol. And even if u make a mistake, you're not automatically useless. I've made 1 mistake in choosing a talent in HOTS since I've been playing, and that's because we level up during a team fight and wanted the talent active immediately during the fight, and mis-clicked and end up with the wrong talent, and I was annoyed, but it wasn't a gg. And that happen once in my 500+ games of HOTS so far.

And to your point, playing 3 games of HOTS in the time it takes to play 1, is another thing I love.
Jump in, jump out. Pure fun.

HOTS to the world!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »
lol, exactly.

That is kind of the point....HOTS is the antithesis of DOTA.

And you are 100% right about the beloved Blizzard characters. I can sit and watch that Terran Marine in full HD whole day, everyday and Tassadar with the transforming mount.......bad....ass.....

GG NO RE!

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal