Gaming > Handheld Gaming

Gear VR

(1/1)

QZA:
Looked around and could not find a section for moile vr gaming, is there one?

Has anyone found a really engaging title yet? One that can stand on its own as a true must play game as opposed to an entertaining diversion. I was excited about eve gunjack and while its nice it just feels like suped up space invaders/galaga/galaxian clone in vr. The closest i have come across to a truly gripping experience is Dreadhalls. basic graphics but knocks it out of the park when it comes to atmosphere and mood. Why couldn't they make it a full on rpg though instead of a jump scare demo.
smash hit and lands end are both a lot of fun but they are like light mobile games without much depth.  i going to try Herobound next maybe that will be the one. It seems very interesting on the surface. A third person hack and slash medieval rpg-ish game. I wish the sideload community would port some classic games. Quake VR is a perfect example. It is pretty damn good.

TriniXaeno:
Good point, we need to have a section created for sure.

I love GunJack myself and thinks its probably the best show piece on the Gear VR. It is a fixed experience which is both a blessing and a curse. If you think its more of a tech demo, you're right. The full game is EVE Valkyrie for the Rift. GunJack is a just a snippet.

If you're looking for a more robust game with greater freedom, then try this one on for size:

Anshar Wars 2
New: 4 Multiplayer maps + VoIP, Gamepad turn for 180 gameplay

“Wow. That’s what I kept saying while playing this game.” 9/10 –VRGIANT

“Anshar Wars 2 is the kind of videogame that Gear VR needs to cement itself as a true gaming platform” 5/5 –VRFOCUS

“One of the most impressive games we’ve seen in Gear VR in terms of both gameplay and graphics” –UPLOADVR

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1055884201113004/

We are having a VR meet up on Friday at HQ. You should come as well. See some more stuff in action

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version