Author Topic: CRICKET TIME AGAIN  (Read 1838 times)

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
  • There is no shelter from the storm.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« on: June 29, 2004, 01:14:06 AM »
ok guys it's the 3 team series between, england, new zealand and the windies

windies currently have 9pnths
new zealand 6pnths
england 3pnts

here's some info....and the tourney is broadcast on ttt

28 June 2004 15:29  

Bravo wins first senior team Man of the Match award  
GAYLE & BRAVO RESPOND TO NATWEST VICTORY OVER ENGLAND
by Marita Laurent

Nottingham, England: The West Indies defeat England convincingly by seven wickets yesterday in the first match between the two sides at the Natwest ODI tri nation tournament.  

Dwayne Bravo won his first International Man-of-the-Match award representing the Senior West Indies team with his superb bowling figures of three wickets, off ten overs for 36 runs (two maidens).

Chris gayle top scored in the match with 60 not out.

The following quotes were from both players at the close of play yesterday:

DWAYNE BRAVO: "It’s a great feeling to get my first Man of the Match. I’m accustomed to getting it at the regional level but it’s great to make the step up and get it at the higher level.

I’m not surprised that my first (international) Man of the Match is as a result of my bowling. I can both bat and bowl well, and once given the opportunity I can gain Man of the Match for either one. I love to bowl on these sorts of pitches. When you compare it to the wickets we have back home you get a lot more out of the pitches here. Once you do the basics right and stick to the plan things will work for you.

We need to learn from this game and learn that we need to capitalize on good starts. It’s a long time since we’ve seen the West Indies team bowl out a good side after getting the start that we got. Normally we get complacent but today we went straight through and bowled them out and put ourselves on top.

It’s good to come in a tournament like this as the underdog. Our goal is to creep up from behind and get in to the final first and take it from there on. We’ve got to learn lessons from this game, that we can improve with every game and that we have to learn as quickly as possible."

CHRIS GAYLE: "At the start of the innings it wasn’t easy, it was very difficult to bat on (this wicket). The new ball did a lot especially when Harmison was bowling, he was getting a lot of bounce and pace as well. Gough was getting a lot of swing. I think it was a patient innings, I wasn’t timing the ball early but eventually I went on and started middling the ball and that built my confidence more.

In the Caribbean I found my stance was very wide and a lot of people mentioned it to me. I tried it (legs closer together) in the nets and I found it a little more comfortable. Over here in England I try to stay as still as possible because the ball is doing a lot and I don’t want to be moving about and get caught up. It’s difficult to bat here but you really have to set your mind to going out there and playing some good cricket. You know before you go out there that the ball is going to do a lot so you can’t use that as an excuse.

The win today was a good team effort, every one of the guys bowled well.  They bowled so well that the captain didn’t even have to call on me. Myself and Shiv gave the team a good start, we just stuck it out and tried to rotate the strike as much as possible and eventually you’ll get the odd boundary and it really paid off and hopefully we can carry on from here."                    

Carigamers

CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« on: June 29, 2004, 01:14:06 AM »

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 05:24:03 PM »
i puttin money on man like rampaul and bravo den                    

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:52:32 PM »
england has lost their 2nd match against new zealand
so basically we can put money on a west indies/new zealand final

29 June 2004 15:30  

NEW ZEALAND BEAT ENGLAND BY SEVEN WICKETS (4th NatWest ODI)
by www.windiescricket.com

Click here for scorecard

Click here for fixtures and results

DURHAM, England - New Zealand defeated England by seven wickets in the fourth triangular series one-day international today at Chester-le-Street after the home side were dismissed for 101.

The Black Caps needed just 17.2 overs to surpass the paltry total, although Steve Harmison did make life difficult with a hostile spell.

Once again Michael Vaughan lost the toss and his opposite number Stephen Fleming had no hesitation in opting to bowl after seeing England cleaned up for just 147 by the West Indies on Sunday.

Marcus Trescothick and Vaughan did manage to last beyond three overs this time but their dismissals once again started a collapse as England's under-fire middle order folded in the face of some accurate seam bowling.

James Franklin proved the chief destroyer as he picked up 5-42 in his spell, despite seeing his first over disappear for 12 runs.

Trescothick's innings of 14 proved to be the top score as Franklin proved devastating.

Jacob Oram offered good support to the left armer as he picked up three wickets and only a last wicket stand of 21 between James Anderson and Steve Harmison took the home side beyond their all-time one-day low of 86.

The Kiwis appeared more worried by the possibility of rain than their pursuit of a low score and, despite three wickets for Harmison in front of his home fans, Scott Styris and Craig MacMillan steered them home to a seven wicket win.

The result puts New Zealand three points clear at the top of the table while England may well be watching the final of the tournament at Lord's from a far if they do not turn things around.                    

Offline Genicide

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 12:51:55 AM »
england  doin  sh!t
so   west indies and new  zealand   finals
wud b gud                    
your nobody till  somebody kills you..

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 01:04:12 AM »
WI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't doubt the Fatima old boy LARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Carigamers

CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 01:04:12 AM »

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 05:27:10 PM »
wi playin a good lil game too but de does make mistakes when dey ready(dais why dey lose tday)                    

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:08:36 PM »
ok the loss to england put england back in the tourney!

1 July 2004 15:25  

ENGLAND DEFEAT WEST INDIES BY 7 WICKETS
by www.windiescricket.com

Click here for scorecard

LEEDS, England  - England beat West Indies by seven wickets after the visitors were bowled out for 159 in the NatWest One Day International series at Headingley today.

England and West Indies each now have nine points but New Zealand is ahead with 12. West Indies face the Kiwis in the next match on Saturday.  (More soon)

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 11:50:46 PM »
windies needs to win tomorrow

no doubt about that

good luck to we boys and i will keep u posted                    

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 10:02:30 PM »
WE WIN YAY!!

GAYLE BLOWS WINDIES INTO NATWEST FINAL
6 July 2004

Click here for scorecard

LONDON, England - Briefly paralysed by an inexplicable sense of panic, the West Indies recovered from that sudden attack of nerves to overhaul a target of 286 set by England by seven wickets with five balls to spare at Lord's today to confirm a showdown with New Zealand in the final of the NatWest Series back at the same venue on Saturday.

Carigamers

CRICKET TIME AGAIN
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 10:02:30 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal