Author Topic: SNAKE EATER!!  (Read 6363 times)

Offline unforgiven

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.faiz.batcave.net
SNAKE EATER!!
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:04:51 PM »
"Konami announced that Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (MGS3) will be released exclusively for the PlayStation 2 nationwide on Wednesday, November 17, 2004. Directed and produced by Hideo Kojima, the legendary developer and creative force behind one of the best-selling video game series of all time, MGS3 delivers the definitive stealth action experience with unique gameplay elements, extraordinary depth, a captivating storyline and a mind-blowing presentation.

Recently shown at Tokyo Game Show (TGS) 2004, Konami revealed a new game trailer which gave audiences a sneak peek into the latest details of MGS3. The trailer showcases the game's challenging and eccentric bosses and numerous foreboding natural environments which the main character, Snake, will encounter on his one-man mission to save the world from the brink of nuclear annihilation.

Also at TGS, Konami announced the winners of the Camouflage Campaign, which gave fans of the series the opportunity to submit their own camouflage designs for inclusion in the game and win a place in video game history. MGS3's new, in-depth camouflage index is an integral part of playing through the game. Gamers will be able to use face paint and camouflage uniforms to blend into their environment, giving them the ability to avoid enemy detection and infiltrate dangerous enemy territories. After all the submissions were reviewed by Hideo Kojima and his award-winning design team, they chose four unique and potentially helpful patterns, entitled Terrence (Animals) – France, Lucky Boy (Fly) – Japan, Suna-nami Wrap (Mummy) – England and Banana Man (Banana) – Japan."

dont know if its old new or not but i just came across this                    
unforgiven

Carigamers

SNAKE EATER!!
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline DeadEyes

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 04:46:56 PM »
UNFORGIVEN U MADE MY DAY MAN, now all i have to do is get the emulators to run the games on a pc and i in HEAVEN, i even had the books when i was young on two real bad games, Metal Gear and Ninja Gaiden....BAWWWWW MADNESSSS I TELL U                    

Offline Mugsy

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • ps2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 4200+x2
  • GPU: xfx 8600GT
  • RAM: 1 Gig OCZ w/platinum heatsinks
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:01:10 PM »
look more money i hah tuh dish out they.
jus now i go hah buy shares in konami and blizzard and thing yes                    
....trained in the art of insanity....

Offline Bourbon_Ghost

• Jonin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
    • http://
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 10:44:24 AM »
HAH! your pocket deep :huh:
It finally...*heads to black market.....                    
\"ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY ARE CALLED UPON\"

BOURBON 4 LIFE

*LOOB MASTER* (1-800-LOOB)

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 09:22:21 AM »
Has anyone really seen the trailer for this game?

There's one that shows the cute monkeys from ape escape in the game,

there's another where Snake is talking to the camera

and there's another where the lyrics of the theme song says something about "sometimes you have to eat a tree frog!"

Honestly, I think Hideo is trying to push his audience over the edge. He's lost his credibility in my book,

here's another Metal Gear Solid game that you won't be playing as Snake.

I used to take this game serious, sure it had some humor in it, but he's pushing it now.

I don't want to play in the 1950's or 60's, that's gonna mean no codec, oh on second thought they may put it in the game with some stupid excuse. Either way, this dude, Hideo, is weirding me out                    

Carigamers

SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 09:22:21 AM »

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 03:10:25 PM »
yeah, but guess what, I'm not going to toss down my hard earned 50 bones without knowing what's up with this game. So far Hideo has turned me off from it. So in this phase right now, its my job to critique!!!!!!!                    

Offline Bourbon_Ghost

• Jonin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 10:37:47 AM »
i agree with laertes
cause i really want to play this game
and it have more trailers thatn that eh hoss

\"ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY ARE CALLED UPON\"

BOURBON 4 LIFE

*LOOB MASTER* (1-800-LOOB)

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 01:53:55 PM »
LMAO at mike of our time, that is IN MY OPINION, one of the silliest things I have ever heard IN MY TIME!!!!!!

come on look at this dude's track record, he tries wayyyy to hard, which is abundantly obvious if you have played MGS2 SL. He twisted that plot so many times, in so many directions, that it became boring and uninteresting. I spent 45 minutes watching a fmv, although well directed and produced, extremely boring and senseless. I have heard even the greatest fans of the man concure on this also. Hideo did and prolly will continue to do some excellent work, but sometimes, he goes overboard. There is a single 12 minute clip for Snake eater, and it's loaded with ridiculous stuff like I mentioned before, in my first post. "Sometimes I need to feed on a TREE FROG" I have the upmost respect for Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto, but honestly, Zelda majora's mask, and wind waker, were two terrible games, he may not have directed them, but his name is attached as Excutive producer. That doesn't mean I will like em anyways.                      

Offline o'neilll

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 02:16:23 PM »
majoraS mask? terrible? u got some way of judgin games. i guess barbie horse adventure is a bess game for u.                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 04:33:03 PM »
wow, camrE had to come out of retirement for this one. Majora's mask was a disgusting excuse for a Zeld title. So was windwaker. Both titles would be excellent if they didn't have the title Zelda attached to it, but they do, so as Zelda games, they tumble down that ladder. Have you played Majora's mask? Where in it did you play Link? the entire premise was utterly stupid. You play as a goron, a Zora, a deku and a demon for 98% of the time. It does not feel like Zelda in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Zelda doesn't even appear in the title. This was a rushed rehash of a great game. He tried to ride on the coat tails of the still greatest game EVER, OoT. As for Windwaker, i don't belive I have to say much. It's not about the graphics, You don't even play as Link!!!!!!!  

Where MGS is concerned, I have to take back one thing I said abou the game, The appearance of the monkeys from Ape escape is from a mini game. So I will excuse that. but I'm still a cynic.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 05:33:48 PM »
Who is the player character in Wind Waker, camrE?                    

Offline DeadEyes

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
Horse you must be the most controversial person in here, do you purposefully try to make statements that are blatantly non-conformist and rebellious? damn man, i understand everyone has their own opinions, just remember that yours is not the only one, and don't close your mind off to new ideas....it'll only hurt you in the end                    

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 07:30:40 PM »
dis game lookin real bad
i real like how u have to forage for food
adds a bug touch of reality
can't wait to get this game                    

Offline unforgiven

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.faiz.batcave.net
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 10:25:09 AM »
xplay had the review last night they gave it 4/5 .......when i get it then i'll say if i like it or not....and y too much good games comming out these days i aint got any more money to buy games buoght too much already                    
unforgiven

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 12:36:40 PM »
I don’t conform to others, lad. They conform to me. When it comes to games, I know what I am talking about. Many others think they do, but they in fact don’t, pearls of wisdom are few and far between. And you’re perception of me is actually quite the opposite to the reality. I give credit where it is due. Like I said, both of the last console-Zelda titles would be great. If they did not have Zelda attached to them. I hate cell shaded graphics, but I understand it is a very tedious process, but I give the artists their due respect. Wild I loathe Windwaker for it’s cell shaded graphics, I will admit, it was well executed. Which brings me to what I said. Great games, if they were not supposed to be Zelda titles. Zelda has a stigma of top-notch game attached to it, these last titles were miserable. BTW, I won two special edition copies of Windwaker, and played the game to completion twice. I am a great fan of Zelda, which is why I am so strong on this topic.

In windwaker, you actually play a descendant of Link, who has a grandmother and sister. You save a descendant of Zelda, but fight the actual Gannon. This was obviously a desperate attempt to capitalize on one luckily placed line of dialogue in OoT, where Gannon swore he would catch Link and Zelda’s descendants. Sad, Sad story line. Most definitely not of Zelda’s caliber.

While I may be grasping for straws, it seems that the producers at G4-TechTv are sharing the same task. As I happened to catch a segment from the program last night highlighting some of my points also. I no longer see the need to defend my point further.

There are some “fans” out there who will worship anything their idol does. Seems we have a little bit of that going on here. Don’t feel bad, because I love anything Shigeru Miyamoto does. Innovation is his gift, and he utilizes it well. Acts of a true genius. Like it or not, he is probably the most integral figure of what gaming has evolved to, today. I consider him a true genius of his art. Dare you compare Hideo to Shigeru?

There is a fine line between being a genius and being insane, Ex-president of Nintendo of Japan  Hiroshi Yamauchi seemed to have crossed that line, and I think Hideo did also. There is no denying what Hideo has done, he practically created and revolutionized an entire genre, but blatant signs of him crossing that line is most apparent, and the game isn’t even out yet. I am a man, and if the game proves to be free of “over-pushing” of the proverbial envelope. I will be back and first one to admit it. until then. Peace.                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 02:14:30 PM »
Am I the only person on this planet with the brain cells necessary to understand the MG timeline,story etc.

It seems every review Ive read of MGS2 has someone
b!tching about not understanding the story or hating the cutscenes.

Kojima sensei has created world where fantasy and reality have merged in a fusion of real world people and historical events and obvious fiction.Something I believe no other developer has been able to do.

But then again I dont expect anyone here to understand that given that most of you have never bothered to play his earlier 8bit works or read any of the previous mission files scattered throughout the Metal Gear franchise.

As for the tree frog line in the song it aludes to special forces having to eat any creature they find in the field to survive .Same goes for the Subtitle Snake Eater.

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 02:50:49 PM »
yes, yes, yes. We all know what the tree frog line stands for. the problem is, we know what the premise of the game is already. No need to allude to it in the lyrics of the song. That's not the work of a genius, especially as (I am sure you MGS fanatics didn't even realize) the musical number is a direct rip off of the opening scenes of James Bond 007 movies. Yeah, it's described as an ode to it. LMAO. And once again, the problem for many, was not the storyline, which, in itself is ridiculous. the problem was the delivery, while the  production was quite high, it dragged on for unneccessarily long. And in my PERSONAL OPINION, he tried to twist the plot too many times. writing a clever plot that will elude most is one thing, but having a halfass plot and tring to guise it in misleading delivery is another.

"it seems like a dream, snake eater!!!!!!!"                      

Offline Shogun

• Chunin
  • Chakra 3
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2004, 06:02:29 AM »
When was the last time Shogun post sumthing on these threads boy?
Time for a lil Shogun Review. (I PROMISE NO SPOILERS)

Fellas! i dunno how many of you actually played the game yet, but I Ryan Younglao, AKA Shogun, have just completed Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, on this day, December 24th 2004. (i real talkin out my ass, somebody mus be finish the game like 2 days after it come out and i doh even know)

Anyways, this game is a master piece, it really blew my mind. The game play is increadible. MGS3 really stresses on the stealth more than any other title in the series. no longer can you just run up behind a guard and break his neck. it takes a little bit more time than that. and a lot more patience. The first hour that i played this game my jaw dropped to the floor with the amount of things that needed to be taken into consideration while playing. You had to eat to keep your stamina up, and hunt for your food. the battery on your radar slowly decreases the more you use it. the silencer on your gun slowly degrades the more you use it. You get injuries, broken bones, cuts, burns, gunshot wounds and the occasional food poisoning, all of which you have to cure. And of course the camo which helps you on your sneaking mission.

(way alyuh still readin?)

A new addition to the game play element is CQC (close quarters combat). Not only can you choke and break a enemy's neck, you can slit his thoat, hold him hostage and use him as a human shield, knockin him out by throwing him to the floor and even interigate him at knife point. WOW!! like honestly i just played the game and talking about it makes me want to go play it again!!!!! (heh funny as i was typing this my buddy was fooling around in the game and found out you can ricochet bullets off the wall to hit ppl. SWEET)

(okay let me talk a lil bit more and a dun aight??)

But its not only the game play that makes this game a master piece. The way i like to look at the Metal Gear Series is the best of film, anime and video games all joined to form a new form of story telling. I'm trying my best not to reveal any of the plot here. At times i forgot i was playing a game, and thought i was watching a hollywood action movie. then i would see something that would make absolutely no sense in reality, and remind myself its a fictional and its a game and that its alright! (anyone seen the trailer for Devil May Cry 3? its awsome but if i saw some one do that in a movie i would walk out :P)
I think the reason why MGS is so hard to swallow for gamers such as camrE is that it is a fictional story that ties in so closely to real events.

ya'll i can keep talkin and talkin but i'm sure that half of ya'll done ride out and eh even finish readin all of the sh!t i write. Metal Gear Solid 3 has pushed the envelope, raised the bar for gaming quality, and solidified video games as a new media for story telling. THE IS NO NEED TO MAKE A METAL GEAR MOVIE! and further more, it would be impossible too (i know!! i'm an aspiring film maker and i have been thinking about how to do it for years!)

okay i'm done. finished. i gonna keep checkin on this thread to see if ya'll think what i said is poo. till then i goin and snap some necks.
laters!                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 01:26:53 PM »
No my friend. On contraire. MGS is not hard for me to swallow at all. What is hard to swallow is when other people forget it's a game. A game loaded with flaws that is put in a nice package. Hideo has a vision, but sometimes he goes overboard, and I know that I am certainly not the only person who sees this.

Like shogun says, alot of it is well done, but there is always something they over look that certainly reminds you that it is a game. There is a scene where hornets are flying up towards an operating helicopter propeller. I mean come on.

My question is; is MGS half as good as we say it is?

Shogun made all these new features of the game sound so indept, but it truly is not. Once you go over it twice, it becomes second nature, which is not a bad thing at all. But I have heard players say it's more fun to do surgery on your G.I. Joe.

After playing all three main titles. My opinion is, the best game remains Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes. Although the best and most compelling storyline resides in MGS3SE, the most fun and innovative gameplay was in MGS.

MGS is by no means is lame game, but it is no Splinter Cell for that matter either.

Best FMV's: MGS
Best dialogue: MGS3SE
Best Voice acting: MGS2SoL                    

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
  • Walk softly....and carry a big gun...
    • View Profile
SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 04:49:55 PM »
Ok yea, camrE does have his points, and does back them up well. But different ppl who see, and play this game would be captivated by it, like me! but seriously, its these same flaws and what not that makes these series perfect, really, how can you improve a 'perfect' game?

MGS2 was...well...*cough*crap*cough* but, they improved alot...ALOT and made it alot better! and did this by really...looking at the...*cough*crap*cpugh* they did b4...

err...yea                    

Carigamers

SNAKE EATER!!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 04:49:55 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal