Author Topic: Sweat @ MAXX - 26th Feb 2005  (Read 15976 times)

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
Sweat @ MAXX - 26th Feb 2005
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:04:30 AM »
*note* I'm fighting a headache so please bear with me , been typing this a piece at a time since half 10

Well I made the trek to Maxx today for some console action. When I got there no one was around but as the time passed SpecialK showed up,then imperial..etc

Anyways 3rd Strike was first on the agenda, Imperial broke out his arcade stick and I had also brought mine for some breaking in. We ran a few matches with his Dudley vs me playing various characters. He took most of em, with my wins coming from Chun Li mainly.

Around the time we were playing Baego and Jdcrys made a cameo appearance. With Baego babbling (yes i said babbling) some stuff about owning this one and that one . He soon disappeared from MAXX, his babbles (yes i said babbles :P ) made for some interesting talk later in the day.

SpecialK came into the game with Akuma and I seeing Mr. Low Defense decided to choose my old fav girl Makoto. It's sad to say but I couldnt be nearly as effective with Makoto on that stick but nonetheless the thought of landing a full stun combo on Akuma was too hard to resist. I ended up eating a raging demon ....... Next game I chose Ken vs k's Akuma and got my revenge perfecting him in the final round when mysteriously all my cancels came out as I wanted.  Overall I would say SpecialK got the better of the encounter. I haven't been hit with a raging demon in years.

Next up was Imperial vs SpecialK, which had somethings that complicated things from my point of view.

Special K won 3 of the 5 games they played (or that I remember anyway K u can correct me if I'm wrong). Imperial chose SA3 , which I have never seen him use.  I clearly remember saying "Since when you using SA3 man ?". In the end K got the better of the matchups. As I said before there were somethings which made this hard to call for me. Prior to SpecialK playing there was another Akuma player around who Imperial played. Imperial assumed this was this was SpecialK. He later found out it wasnt and that while he was sandbagging K beat him. He was pissed to say the least.

Nothing else major happened with respect to 3s. I played some of the MX guys and Chun Li, using the 6 move plan, won all the games for me, infact I don't think I lost a game while using her. Chrono X used his Remy to great effect beating almost everyone with him. Score 1 for Chrono.  

Nothing else was really happening which led to...

Tekken 5

Tekken 5 came on, and the cafe assembled around the TV to watch the opening movie. After that the action started immediately, Imperial played Steve mainly with Jin here and there. I used Kazuya and Raven. Chrono used Paul . Some other MX regulars got into the fray with this small dude playing a nice King.  In the quest to get  200 matches done so that Devil Jin could be unlocked, Imperial forgot to save his profile and the PS2 froze, so the 30 or so matches that had been played were gone from the stats. They played about 20 more matches before some dude challenged Imperial to ...

EX3
This was lixx of the highest degree, Imperial tried to give the ppl a chance but in the end decided to just beat them and done :P.

By this time it was getting dark  and we were getting ready to go until I spotted..
MVC2. We played a few quick games. Nothing too spectacular happened aside from Imperial getting a couple reps of Cammy's infinite.  I used my normal MSP and tried Santhrax out while Imperial used Cable Sent and Cammy/Strider. Even though it was far from my best showing I enjoyed this alot. Makes you appreciate all those vids online with men beasting on Arcade Sticks. Let me tell ya, Magneto is a bxtch to use on a stick.

Overall it was a good day apart from some minor hiccups. Baego took some pics during his cameo appearance.

*random notes from me*

I still cant use my arcade stick as I would like, probably due to lack of PS2 @ home I guess , that should change very very soon though. I was counting the times I could have done moves that I normally nail 99% of the time on my Dreamcast. Alot of times I nailed d + mk  but couldn't follow up with the super cancel especially with Chun Li. Let's not get started on Makoto either.....

Imperial played a textbook game today instead of using his head, textbook in the sense that he played using  set strategy that did not change at all. I was disappointed to see this because he lost matches he could have clearly won. He also sandbagged way more than he should have, I sandbag all the time but damn he took over my spot.  He was also WAAAY too parry happy today. Which led to him doing for the lack of better words.BS.

Chrono played with heart and won using some strange but effect move combinations. GG from Chrono.

SpecialK played a nice mixup style Akuma , which I haven't seen since my arcade days. GG K, looking forward to playing you on Dreamcast. Where I'm sure I'll be abl e to beat you more consistently.

Baego's babbling was the talk of the day.

To the MX ppl, thanks for having us , twas a fun day to say the least. I enjoyed myself alot, hopefully this can become a regular thing.  GG from you guys

GS SB GS

Carigamers

« on: February 27, 2005, 01:04:30 AM »

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:27:15 PM »
The height the table was at where we put the sticks on was too high.  I couldn't do simple combos as it made half circle motions hard.

The little sweat at chrono's house proved different as I normally sit on the floor which gives me almost arcade level height over the stick.  Thus, I play better.  When I tried to adjust myself to the height and positioning I just couldn't do it so I gave up on that

I'm pissed at hell at the fact that K never identified himself to me and even more at the fact that he was apparently unwilling to play again which was gay.  

I have to admit though, the MvC2 was fun man.  Even more so because of the fact that you only had to do one quarter circle motion of supers.  I learned some stuff with sentinnel as well.  I enjoyed this sweat as much as I did the tekken.
I'm loving what they did with steve.  They didn't give him a sex change either.

Too bad Steve couldn't pound on Baego for whatever reason he decided to leave.

Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 05:48:04 PM »
anyone took any footage of this sweat?                      

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 06:09:11 PM »
lol, good sweat.

lihixxxxxxxxxxxxx!!

SpecialK in alyuh mc

Sho Ryu Ken!! I had passed through to offer support for my comrade.

Had to run back to the office for the meeting. Jdcrys was working on the Tournament Team 2005 presentation stuff for sponsors. Shizz was supposed to pass through, so didn't want him to meet de place close.

Pics in alyuh mc!!!

Offline specialK

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 06:26:26 PM »
Actually I am clearly sure i identified myself as i saw you and realised you were THE Imperial, i gave you a bounce and said 'special K'. I couldnt stay anymore as you all wanted to try out the Tekken 5 and I had church @ 6 (I prayed for you all, don't worry). If you want a rematch, I have no objections, cause I get more time to practise as I am not a 3rd Strike person.
rb - I'll take you on in Dreamcast as that is my only console (other than the PSX which i dont use). I breathe DC!!
Nice pics Baego, but I only see myself partially in one of them sporting my trademark SRK cap for power!!
All in all I had fun as I havent played against humans in years other than when I started playing Baego last year.
But next time, all yuh bring more chicks, or I will walk with my own cheerleading squad.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 06:26:26 PM »

Offline Jarrox

• Global Moderator
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 18
    • Xbox, Xbox360
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • Origin ID: Jarrox
  • PSN: Jarrox
  • XBL: Jarrox
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 06:37:05 PM »
hey i drove by looking for this max a few times and could not find it...
where exactly is it?                    
1f U C4n R34d Th1s U R34lly N33d 70 G3t L41d!!!..

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 06:37:39 PM »
I didnt get the name of the dude playing imperial in those pics there , he is one big mofo!                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 06:40:44 PM »
Actually I am clearly sure i identified myself as i saw you and realised you were THE Imperial, i gave you a bounce and said 'special K'. I couldnt stay anymore as you all wanted to try out the Tekken 5 and I had church @ 6 (I prayed for you all, don't worry). If you want a rematch, I have no objections, cause I get more time to practise as I am not a 3rd Strike person.
rb - I'll take you on in Dreamcast as that is my only console (other than the PSX which i dont use). I breathe DC!!
Nice pics Baego, but I only see myself partially in one of them sporting my trademark SRK cap for power!!
All in all I had fun as I havent played against humans in years other than when I started playing Baego last year.
But next time, all yuh bring more chicks, or I will walk with my own cheerleading squad.
hahaha@own cheer leading squad, you moving like lith now. lol

gg

dedicated church boy iwmc oui                    

Offline specialK

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »
I think the big guy's name was Tiny (I kept thinking "prison scene" after I heard someone hail him out).                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 06:51:28 PM »
lol @ big man name tiny.

real cds in the background of the pics, i hadda live in maxx when i reach back in trinidad yes                    

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 06:53:20 PM »
lol at this whole affair

damn yu bg and makin me be offshore, i woulda jumbee dis scene for sure
lol at prison scene

calibur+xbox +arcade control pwnz base
next time make sure it dere,
bout time i rechallenge imperial in some sc2
and if anyone wants to, lets fire up some xmen vs streets and some last blade 2

ohh
also hadda give ah big YATTTAA to chrono on de unorthodox play style
lol                    

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »
session iwmc!!

yeah, rb that is weak re: not knowing specialk.

the man from Sho Ryu Ken and wearing de trademark Sho Ryu Ken cap!

Not to mention that when I arrived I hailed out everybody by name, Special K included.

sorry @ de weak angles. Uber Cameraman I am not. We need to find a hottie with a steady hand to do be our designated "picture taker outer"

lol @ jumbee the scene.

Ent boy crixx!

Storm idmc!! Suhuweat!!!!!!!!!!

We go have to get one of dem box with the joystick offshore. Then and only then I heading out to de platforms! lol                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 09:54:02 AM »
K, rematch this Saturday.  You game?  If I can get a chair to put my stick on all the better.  This time, things will be different.

Poor Baego run out and miss the Tekken 5 sweat.  Steve is a BEAST!!!!!!!  Can you say LOW ATTACKS?!?!?!?!?one                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »
dread good game, i c some kinda play they wow!
ne way i actually thought imperial was real good too
laters                      
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 04:01:14 PM »
You know, if you see how I play regularly and how I played then, there was a clear difference.  That's just speculation for now.

I'll arrange a date with K for a rematch and save the matches like I had promised.  

Until that time, I guess I have to practice playing with the stick on my lap.  You can't get any kind of stability with that but I'll see what can be done.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 12:40:07 AM »
When playing with the stick on yuh lap yuh hadda really lean in and work it to get resul......wait a minute..yuh knees just shaky why yuh doh try gettin a nex chair to put it on or sumtin                    

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 11:09:39 AM »
The place small no mc and if I stretch any which way, I hit someone in the head.  Most if not all of the chairs are usually used at the time.

That would lead me to consider having this thing at an off peak time.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 07:29:34 PM »
lol @ imperial,
aye hoss when yuh go challenge me in mvc1 ?
i c yuh come n watch last time...
think you got game?                      

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
Re: Sweat @ MAXX - 26th Feb 2005
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 03:47:40 PM »
hmmm no responce......

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 01:41:26 AM »
I'll play you if you agree to an all fighting game challenge at the arcade.   Let's run all the fighting games in the arcade and  see who wins.  Nevermind the fact that I haven't played MK in arcade for years. 

Will you accept to that?
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 01:41:26 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal