Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT GRAVEYARD  (Read 125902 times)

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
QRC Tournament Report...well, from what I saw anyway.
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2004, 09:51:18 PM »
This is what happens when ppl try to run a tourney without any knowledge of tournament mechanics...the position of head judge exists for a reason, and his powers of tossing ppl out of tournaments should have been used here in many cases. Was this person an UD sanctioned judge or a Tournament organizer for that matter? Was there any interference to the duelists from the onlookers? What did the head judge do to separate and protect the duelists?

I am guessing this thalia has been to more than one Yugioh tournament, and thus should know in organizing that you need a fairly large space to hold anything. Many of the problems seen here could have been avoided by getting a larger location. How many people were there in relation to the space available? Was the small space an environment for thieves to run unchecked? Was their security?

I am sorry if I come off as harsh in my criticism of this poorly organized tournament. But when one of my friends who is a GATT Duelist /  Judge / Organiser is embarassed, lambasted and belittled into giving up the game, I tend to get a bit insensitive. Especially when i hear of GATT being targeted. In my 3 years of Yugioh, i have NEVER allowed ANY duelist or audience member to belittle another or interfere with the outcome of a match.

As a tournament organizer myself I have no choice but to entertain a very low opinion of tournaments like these. They only serve to cause problems among the community (theft, bad publicity) and undermine the public's opinion of other legitimate and properly organized tournaments.

That said. Congrats to Balki and the other GATT ppl who represented us.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Carigamers

« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2004, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
UDE Battle of the Gods Yu-Gi-Oh Championship results
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2004, 09:57:08 PM »
GATT tournament....but that's not til November                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline hiddenagenda

• Jonin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2004, 10:19:41 PM »
'a white man trying to put the black man down'.

the blackman puts himself down......                    
My Xbox has been ressurected!

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Can you see in the dark?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2004, 12:54:40 PM »
whey@freeport
dat kinda far for me oui

Far?!  So when we have to come up to Valpark or Trincity it's not too far for us!

where else allyuh does meet an duel?

Gasparillo!                    

Offline Angelus

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2004, 01:16:21 PM »
big up to chicken @ beers                    

Carigamers

« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2004, 01:16:21 PM »

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »
thx angelus
freeport wtmc
gasparillo
wda
hmmmm if it  hav buss up shut i might make it though.....                    

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2004, 09:23:14 AM »
lol
allyuh men hav car an ting and it jus nuh very easy for me to make it to freeport jus so dats all..small ting we go lime in ac or sumting
lol@buss up shut                    

Offline Chaotic

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Thanx Shinachi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2004, 04:37:44 PM »
Let's not talk of this white man black man nonsense please.                    

Offline Chaotic

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Thanx Shinachi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2004, 10:55:12 PM »
Yeah right after one of us takes the position of duelist champion, that person will have to sponsor everyone, right chicken. Lol                    

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2004, 08:23:27 PM »
ehhhhhhhh ammmmmmmmmmm we go tink about dat one.....                    

Offline ChickenNBeer

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Anime City 8 Yu Gi Oh Championship Results
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2004, 12:54:26 AM »
Junior Division (12 and under)
wasn't very important

Senior Division (13-17)

1st Place : Jonathon Mohan
2nd Place: Kevin

Masters Division (18 and over)

1st Place : [SS]ChickenNBeer
2nd Place : Balki (Chaotic)

Well tournament was nice. The ps2 looks good. Congrats to all winners and people who made it happen. I'm glad i was able to win again although i had a bit of a scare with my final match with Balki, however a lil yugi play was enough to see me through. I'm looking forward to the next tournament Embrace the Chaos and i hope to see you all there too. Thanx for all those who supported me : NEO killa crazy goddess akira sleepy an my frens from CL. Everybody bless up. Oh and the ps2 looks good.......                    

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »
blah
u eh see meh mc thread? :P
small ting i go lock mine form last night

i still wha d watapon hoss..chek balki for meh!! lol                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2004, 10:17:19 AM »
Yes...it was a VERY exciting tournament.
I made some respectable progress in my own right.
I'm very happy to say that I've successfully defended my rank as one of the top ten duelists in the country (well, in the Master division, anyway).
What I -can- say with conviction, though, is congratulations to both ChickenNBeer and Balki for securing their places as dueling LEGENDS at that tournament.

What really amused me with my performance in that tournament was the fact that a certain card helped bail me out at just the right time, all the way up to the semi-finals. Here's the breakdown of it.

1st match: Can't remember the guy's name, but in the final round, he had put up some decent defense cards. What came to save the day? My new card, BLOWBACK DRAGON. With a few coin flips, his good defense cards were blown to kingdom come, and he took 2300 damage all through the rest of the duel. Man, I just -LOVE- that card!!:banan:

2nd match: Well, I wasn't really in any sort of predicament, really, but that face down card was bothering me. Here I was, with a Yata in my hand, A Mad dog on the field, and the virtual unknown, not to mention, my opponent's very last line of defense. Hell, my Snatch steal coudn't do diddly. So, I drew. And lo, and behold, look what I drew. It are being CREATURE SWAP, mommy!  :)  So, I did him wickedness. I Creature Swapped his face-down (which turned out tobe a Maha-Vailo) with my YATA (heh, heh) and then played Snatch Steal back on my Yata for the win! And the best part is, his Maha is MINE for the rest of the duel, so, peck, peck, he loses, and I rule! Yay!:banan:

3rd match: This one worried me. Not because of the duel, but because my opponent was SPK, one of the most tactical duelists I have ever met. We dueled our hardest, and SPK kept me on the edge of my seat, that's for damn sure. I reached a point, though, where all he had was a Zaborg in his hand, Call on the Haunted on the field, and me with a Tribe Infecting Virus. I knew that the second I attacked, he would summon a monster stronger that Tribe with Call of the Haunted, and summon Zaborg, killing Tribe and winning the round. I drew, and picked up-BOO-YAKA! A BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR, baby!! :) :banan:
Blasted that Call of the Haunted to kingdom come (and unfortunately, it made no use to chain as he had no Witch or Sangan in his Graveyard, and attacked for the win. Never thought I would defeat him, because he's 100 times the duelist that I am.

The next round saw my defeat. I had Blowback on the field, and the dude drew a Trieb Infecting Virus, which killed my Blowback, inflicted damage on me, and caused me to top deck. Well, at least there were only eight of us master duelists left, so I left there beaming with pride. Mind you, I wasn't really in it for the prize (that was just a perk for me), but to defend my reputation, just like I'll do in the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 tournament at the Chaos Legion's special event (Tec-Fest I think it's called). I'm gald to see that even though I'm an old fogey in the dueling world (you young 'uns call them veterans), I've still got it, after all this time. just, you know, that there's still people better than me. D'oh!!  :homer:

What surprised me in that tournament was the fact that it wasn't the Master division that got the most attention, but the Senior division. I suppose that this was due to the fact that it was the last to finish, but say what?

Audience: What?

...not funny. :-x
Anyway, it was a tense match, Kevin vs. Jonathan. Kevin won one match, and the oh-so-long second match ended in a DRAW, with Kevin playing Ring of Destruction on his Reflect Bounder (he had no choice, really...both of their LP were critically low). In the final match, Jonathan pulled out a win, and the whole duel was declared a DRAW, so it went into sudden death (and how often does that come about?) After a very tense moment, Jonathan pulled out the victory, and won himself a brand spanking new Nintendo Gamecube. This came after Kevin made one -CRUCIAL- mistake. Jonathan just killed his Hysteric Fairy with Jinzo, and Kevin was about to move it to the Graveyard, when he said, 'You know what? Kuriboh,' Unfortunately, it was far too late, as he should have done this BEFORE he made the motion to move Hysteric Fairy. Also, he made a mistake when he played Graceful Charity with Protector of the Sanctuary on the field, in the match involving the draw.
I suppose the pressure really got to him, as it was his first time in such a crucial match. After the match, I tried to assure him that even though he didn't win, he still has cemented his place as one of the big guns, but he stated he won't be anything until he gets first place. I'm so sorry that he had such a defeatist attitude, but better luck to him next time. Like I said, the mistakes he made now would be his learning tool for the next time.

Well, I walked away with my place as one of the top Ten Master duelists in the country, and a new Blowback Dragon and Injection Fairy Lily. Now that Nationals are over, my Emissary of Chaos is going to go into temporary retirement. I'm going back to the very deck that -MADE- me what I am today. Don't know what I'm talking about? Ask Papasmurf or somebody who knew me way back when, and they'll tell you exactly what I'm planning. Because, now that Torrential Tribute and MST are marked to be restricted, I feel a LOT safer resurrecting this deck.
But I've said too much.

Well, that's enough out of me.
Time to prepare for exams, and then kick back, relax, and be a lazy bastard for the next two week after that. Until then....later. 8)                    

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2004, 10:38:15 AM »
SS gettin on bad as per usual                    

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Can you see in the dark?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2004, 11:12:26 AM »
Congrates to C&B and Balki!  Again cementing their seats on top of the T&T dueling scene!  Well done again NEO, another impressive performace!  I'm sorry that I was unable to make this one and support you guys.  I should be available for upcoming tournaments.

To all those who were 'bad talking' some of GATT's top players this proves again that GATT 'rulez' the dueling scene.  So if you have somthing to say, just shut-up and bring it!                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2004, 11:39:56 AM »
SS gettin on bad as per usual

But of course. Did you expect otherwise?  8)                    

Offline dax

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Blink
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2004, 01:48:05 PM »
Yeah I was there. I came I saw I lost but say wat. I went up against my good friend The Falener (Neo's bro) Who is very good and he was the one who beat me. Oh well. Anywayz I was cheering on all the gatters like Neo, The Falener, C&B Chaotic to win. Glad to See C&B and Chaotic win. Congrats. While I was there I saw Chaotic for the first time and I got to see SS team blow away the competiton. lol. ok Enough from me. Later.                    

Offline Ninja644

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2004, 02:08:06 PM »
Big up to d Gatt men who particpated. And props to Chicken & Beer. Yer another win on he record                    

We're not hitmen. We're Federal Intellectual Assasins. We be the F.I.A.

Offline Chaotic

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Thanx Shinachi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 29, 2004, 03:59:44 PM »
My comments: First, yes Crazy i have the watapon for u and as i said u don't have to trade me for it, i'll give it to u.
Second: Congrats to fellas like Dax and Falener, and to Neo, this time i was watching some of your duels neo, and i must say, impressive, seriously. I wanna duel u sometime but i don't think i can, u'll find out why lil later on.
Special congrats to Chicken, Hoss, u must know that it was u and Hidden who gave me the inspiration to become as good as i am today, Afetr losing yesterday, i don't know if I'm as good as i claim to be anymore, my spirit is broken. It's hard for me to admit it but it's true. From the looks of things, i might be pullin out and givin away my cards. yep, not sellin but givin away to MY friends like Kajun, Chicken , crazy rio, johnathan, looney, Neo my lil bro, my girlfriend, Fault and the others know themselves. If anyone has any words of wisdom for me please let me know, because i'll be makin my decision tonight. By the way, i wasn't able to pull of gate gaurdian in the tournament, but i pulled it off after against 4 very unfortunate duelists. they all walked away talking about me being the best, and pulling off some impossible feats and whatnot. And witnesses told me that by doing that i'm truly one of the greatest and that when yugioh is over they'll always look back at me as the only person they aver say pull out gate gaurdian, Perfectly ultimate great moth and xyz dragon cannon and win with them.
Just wanna say thanks for all the support by my friends like Chicken, Dax, Falener, Fault, crazy, shiniori, showtime, Arima duelists, town duelists and everyone else.
Normally i would say that chicken pullin the 2 cards from my hand that would've made me win the game out of 6 cards at random would have been luck, but as i said, my spirit is broken, so i won't say anything. After tournament i went cinema with my baby girl and told her how i felt and she told me not to pull out because to her i help keep dueling alive and fun and she said that she's sure it's the same way for many others. I really needed to hear something like that.
Anyway, big up to all the big ones and future big ones, also special big up to Looney who ran a successful exodia deck and i gotta say, i couldn't have run it better myself. Chicken helped me to build back up my trading value, but it looks like i'll have to give it all away, the one cards i'll keep is my dark magician of chaos.
Any words of inspiration fellas.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2004, 04:29:46 PM »
I have just a few....

DON'T GIVE UP!
I know not capturing the grand prize has 'broken your spirit', Balki, but think about it for a second. You are ranked as one of the BEST DUELISTS in this country, and few have the privelege of being where you are today, Balki. As a matter of fact, we've all seen some monumental matches involving you, in particular, your rivalry between yourself and ChickenNBeer.
You have also won some tournaments yourself, and have proven that you, the leader of Chaos Legion, is a force to be reckoned with. You are in your prime, Balki, and it would be a shame to see you quit in the middle of it.

There were times that I wanted to quit myself, way back when the very first tournament was held. Sure, I didn't have all of the cards then, but I still gave it my all.
And, it eventually got me to where I am today...ranked with the best in Trinidad. Sure, it's not THE best rank, but I'm still content that after all this time, I've still got it.
Likewise, you should be content that you've made a name for yourself in the dueling world, and you should keep on going. Believe me, the dueling scene won't be the same without you, man. As a matter of fact, it'd be pretty much DEAD, save ChickenNBeer and a few others.

So, what I'm saying is, don't give up on us now, man. You still have a lot going for you.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2004, 04:29:46 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal