Author Topic: Horror thread  (Read 14524 times)

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
Horror thread
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:16:58 PM »
 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

being a fan of the horror genre ive seen my share of good , crappy and fairly passable horrors ..
this thread is for all the horror fans out there here's how it works

in each post you put ONE <no more than one> recommendation of a horror movie you think is good keep the excess spam out plz.
Reply and personal critique is allowed from other users that did not post the movie but plz no one sentence comments if need be
also rating system will be out of 10.
 :ph34r: enjoy pictures are allowed but plz not to much

so let me start off with a recent film i saw

PULSE

Pulse provides clear evidence that by the summer of 2006, the cycle of American remakes of Japanese horror films had reached its inevitable downturn. After peaking with the Ring and scoring a marginal success with The Grudge, the cycle was almost guaranteed to sink to the low-point of this unnecessary and mostly lackluster remake of Kiyoshi Kurosawa's 2001 shocker. It benefits from a standard upgrade in CGI effects and doom-laden "bleak-chic" atmosphere, but it's almost completely devoid of suspense as a group of college students led by Mattie (played by Kristin Bell, TV's Veronica Mars) investigate the suicide of Mattie's boyfriend and discover a kind of wi-fi conduit that allows malevolent spirits to be transmitted from their afterlife to our world via the Internet – think of it as kind of a broadband connection from hell.

http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Haruhiko-Kat%C3%B4/dp/B000E0OE4O/sr=1-4/qid=1166551650/ref=sr_1_4/102-4605084-3329746?ie=UTF8&s=dvd<japenese version>

http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Unrated-Widescreen-Kristen-Bell/dp/B000I0RNYI/sr=1-1/qid=1166551650/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-4605084-3329746?ie=UTF8&s=dvd<english version>

it wasnt the all great and to most ppl i know they might think it isnt all that either but just my 2 cents, the story itself of the broadband madness was freaky enough to keep me seated too watch it out

7/10

Carigamers

Horror thread
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:16:58 PM »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
Re: Horror thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »
ever saw the japanese original? if so, could you rate it against the english version?

Offline Red Paradox

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 18
  • life on the edge
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/red.paradox
  • CPU: Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor
  • GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G VR Ready Gaming Graphics Card – Turing Architecture
  • RAM: HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4
  • BattleNet ID: flip85#1750
  • MBL: Honor 10
  • Origin ID: 85FLiP
  • PSN: Flippay1985
  • Steam: FLiP
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »
seems...cool

Anyways.....

I would recommend 'Alien'

Now I know it's more of a sci-fi movie, however this movie has dark and disturbing elements....Ridley Scott's direction as well as the intense cinematography and visuals, make this film a frightful masterpiece. There's also a 2003 director's cut version out, but the original is better

1979, science fiction
Rated R
9.5 out of 10

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »
im actually trying to get my hand on the japanese version ill update it when i get it

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »
Honestly I haven't seen a 'horror' since the Stephen King movie 'IT' and the ONLY reason it was a horror was cause I was like 6 yrs old. Otherwise though according to the movie ratings... i've watched all the original Japanese Ring movies (which are far better than the english versions) and otherwise i'd recommend Exorcist director's cut.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »

Offline disciple

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 15
  • deus est caritas
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4000+
  • GPU: RADEON 3650 512 DDR3
  • RAM: 6 GB PC6400
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:08:26 PM »
"the Descent" is , well... pretty decent.lol
The premise of The Descent is nothing new… in fact we saw another film this year which featured almost the exact same plot-line, that flick being The Cave. The Cave was basically your standard creature feature horror flick. In that flick a group of explorers (featuring your standard diverse set of cliched characters) go down into an unexplored underground cave system where they are hunted down one by one by a new species of deadly creatures. The scares are provided by a few cheap jumps and a little gore with the only mystery and suspense being who will get out alive. Standard horror fluff that resulted in an average movie at best. In The Descent the cast comprises of a group of thrill seeking women who head down into a cave system for adventure. This time it's different though as one of them is trying to overcome a terrible personal tragedy so they all use this trip as a way of bonding and lending emotional support. After a mishap gets them trapped in the cave they desperately try to find a way out only to realize that there is something terrible lurking within the chasms.

Now I know that you are saying that both these flicks sound exactly the same… but in fact they are very much different. The Descent is a very suspenseful, very tense thriller. Director Neil Marshall (who previously gave us the very cool Dog Soldiers) takes his time in establishing mood and atmosphere in this flick and the results are just brilliant. Marshall does so by jumping right in with shocking opening sequence. We soon realize that this flick is playing for keeps. By the time the group gets down into the cave everything is filmed very close up and tight… very claustrophobic. So much so that those of you that are afraid of tight spaces might be genuinely freaked out. The atmosphere is very dark sometimes only lit by emergency flares that the women use. This very effectively sucks us right into the intensity and mystery of cave, the feeling of claustrophobia and dread is overwhelming and that is before the monsters are even introduced. Once that happens the flick just jumps into overdrive and we are treated to some awesome thrills and scares.

i;d give it a 8 out of 10

http://triniflix.com/review_thedescent.htm

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 1.73 Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: Intel GMA 945
  • RAM: 2.5GB
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 09:10:23 AM »
Exorcism of Em rose........haven't looked at a horror movie since......

Trouble in this place tonight........BAN....KAI

Offline greyfox

• Jonin
  • Chakra 8
  • I am Delicious!
    • PS3 Xbox360 Wii
    • View Profile
  • PSN: sadistic_greyfox
  • XBL: SadisticGreyfox
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:17:13 PM »
i guess jsut the old Exorcism might be on everyone minds, but i tell yuh, the first time i saw that movie i was like 13 or something.  really scared the shizzoutta me.  i need to do a rewatch of that movie cause i rememberi used to always thing it was the scariest movie i ever seen..to this day.

Offline EmpireKing

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 1
  • I guess I'm back
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbrizan.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i12-28 000 @ 12.3GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GT X9 128GB
  • RAM: HDDR12 224GB
  • Broadband: Jesus's Love
  • MBL: Samsung Note 12
  • Steam: Naruubi
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
Stay Alive

After the brutal death of a friend, a group of friends find themselves in possession of a video-game called "Stay Alive," a blood-curdling true story of a 17th century noblewoman known as the Blood Countess. After playing the game when they know they shouldn't, however, the friends realize that once they die in the game--they die for real. As their numbers begin dropping and as they begin dying in the ways they died in the game, the remaining friends realize they must defeat the Blood Countess or accept their fates.
Guess who's back. Not me. :|

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »
 Not really a fan of the genre myself , but so far the scariest movie i'v ever seen was Event Horizon , as a bonus it is sci fi and has lawrence fishburne .

Horror movies in general turn me off...  too many rely on an excess of blood , guts , and fetuses and make me sick more than scared.
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »
Whilst I liked Event Horizon... I not sure its quite a horror... but there are a few good moments in the game. The whole black hole through hell concept was just a bit much for me.

Offline Red Paradox

• AdvancedTactics
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 18
  • life on the edge
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/red.paradox
  • CPU: Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor
  • GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G VR Ready Gaming Graphics Card – Turing Architecture
  • RAM: HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4
  • BattleNet ID: flip85#1750
  • MBL: Honor 10
  • Origin ID: 85FLiP
  • PSN: Flippay1985
  • Steam: FLiP
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 08:45:28 AM »
I would consider Event Horizon, 41% sci fi, and 59% horror...I actually liked the film. Aside from Ridley Scott(Alien), James Cameron(Aliens) and Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park), filmmakers now, "try" to mix the two genres of sci-fi and horror...and fail miserably

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »
saw the Japanese Pulse quite a while ago. Anyway watch these.

A blind girl gets a cornea transplant so that she would be able to see again. However, she got more than what she bargained for when she realised she could even see ghosts. And some of these ghosts are down right unfriendly. So she embarks on a journey to find the origins of her cornea and to reveal the history of the previous dead owner

this movie is so f*cked up i wouldnt recomend it. But you say you want ot see horror. Just expect some brutaly disturbing scenes...and im not talking blood and gore.

sci fi horror so to speak. Hypercube on sci fi was @ss...but the original is intact and is fantastic
Six different people, each from a very different walk of life, awaken to find themselves inside a giant cube with thousands of possible rooms. Each has a skill that becomes clear when they must band together to get out: a cop, a math whiz, a building designer, a doctor, an escape master, and a disabled man. Each plays a part in their thrilling quest to find answers as to why they've been imprisoned.

some liked it some didnt....its a gorefest.

Two female college students, Marie and Alexa, set off to Alex's parent's secluded homestead in the country to relax and study. Come nightfall, Hell pulls up at the front door when a mysterious killer breaks in and kills Alexa's father, mother, brother and pet dog. Alex is now bound and gagged, taken off by the killer, with Marie not far behind eluding the intruder.

Offline AvatarTT

• Kage
  • Chakra 83
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7-4790k
  • GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • Origin ID: BloodyAvatar
  • PSN: BloodyAvatar
  • Steam: AvatarTT
  • XBL: AvatarTT
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

Seven years after the death of his wife, company executive Aoyama is invited to sit in on auditions for an actress. Leafing through the resumés in advance, his eye is caught by Yamazaki Asami, a striking young woman with ballet training. On the day of the audition, she's the last person they see. Aoyama is hooked. He notes her number from her file, calls her and takes her to dinner. He hesitates to call again, worried that he'll seem too eager. When he does, Asami knowingly lets the phone ring for some time before answering. She's alone in her darkened room - alone, that is, apart from the writhing victim she has tied up in a sack on the floor...

All I can say is that it's a must see for any true horror fan. One of Takashi Miike's best.
You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount.

Offline NEEKSBOD

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • shit happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
well i dont know about you but i am a fan of scary movies and i pee my pants when i say the hills have eyes, its not horror to me its just horrible.

its sickening and even though it was disgusting i could not stop watching it.

While traveling in a trailer to California through the New Mexico Desert, a family is misled to a shortcut going to nowhere by the owner of an isolated gas station and wrecks the car in a rock. Along the night and on the next day, they are attacked by a group of deformed cannibals, fruit of the atmospheric nuclear tests conducted by USA from 1945 to 1962 in that spot. Absolutely trapped by the psychotics, they have to fight to survive. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

the hills have eyes 2 is also a must see!!!

Offline daniboy79

• Kage
  • Chakra 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »
well i dont know about you but i am a fan of scary movies and i pee my pants when i say the hills have eyes, its not horror to me its just horrible.

its sickening and even though it was disgusting i could not stop watching it.

the hills have eyes 2 is also a must see!!!

THIS movie IS sick!! lol ...and i swore i'd never have anything to do with it again ...until part 2 came out, and i just got it yesterday (like a trainwreck, you can't NOT look)
Antec 900
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Intel Q6600 with Tt TMGi1 HSF
2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 6400 (4,4,4,12)
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
Maxtor-DM21 250GB  SATAII
Seagate 500GB SATAII
Acer AL2223Wd 22" Monitor
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Surround Monitors

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
  • Walk softly....and carry a big gun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
as of late somehow ive started seeing alot of zombie movies, and im starting to develop a paranoia that zombies are gonna start taking over just now....*shudder*

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
"Let the Right One In"

I watched this foreign horror film on Sunday. Its a movie about a 12 year old Vampire girl who moves in next door to a 12 year old boy who lives with his mother after her divorce. The movie has english subtitles but is relatively easy to follow. Great film IMHO! Needless to say, you wouldn't want to piss off that 12 year old...

Offline Nephilim

• Sannin
  • Chakra 56
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q94
  • GPU: 4870
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Broadband: Flow
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »
"Let the Right One In"

I watched this foreign horror film on Sunday. Its a movie about a 12 year old Vampire girl who moves in next door to a 12 year old boy who lives with his mother after her divorce. The movie has english subtitles but is relatively easy to follow. Great film IMHO! Needless to say, you wouldn't want to piss off that 12 year old...

i real liked that film...also the book carry the story out a bit check yuh PM you will see red

also i think we talk bout this one already too

Offline kmun

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 05:59:19 AM »
Try Martyrs..not really a horror but there are parts that can categorize it as that..

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 05:59:19 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal