Author Topic: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl discussion Reviews included  (Read 7026 times)

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl discussion Reviews included
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:16:28 PM »
Ok for those of u who are reading this i know, the game released today and i have it no comment on that one lol. Anyway on to the review.

This pokemon game starts you off in a completely new region so for those who think they know the areas think again. The graphics are a mix of 2d/3d as fights and such are 2d but the buildings have a 3d cell shaded look to it. As usual they start u off with 3 pokemon to chose from fire,grass and water. The fire one is a monkey :D the water is a bird and the grass is a turtle with a leaf on his head. Im going to try to give a review without spoiling story/plot and no i havent beaten it yet i just want u guys to know how the game is.

There are many new pokemon and many old ones showing up in this game and as usual the veriety makes the game great. You can have 6 pokemon in your team as usual and put the rest in your pc box. You face off against Team Galactic in this one not gonna comment on what they planning. The controls are similar to its gba predecesors but u can use the touch screen to select moves and such. One of the best parts i find in this game is that it has a real time clock ( u dont need to set it, it reads time from your ds ) in ruby saphire the real time clock was removed although it did have a clock it didnt calculate days of week and such. In pearl/diamond there are some rare pokemon/events that only appear/happen on a certain day of week and time of day, it puts alot of challenge into the game. Now ive heard people say and i quote " i hope they reduce the amount of random battles " well i have news for u they didnt but, all is not lost as they did change something of the random battle style. What you ask? well they made it more random ( bet you are like WTMC this man talkin bout ), ill explain sometimes u can walk for a while without a battle and sometimes u can have a battle walk 1 step and get another.

Oh and not to mention the wifi trading/battles are awesome. I did test it out and it works perfectly there is even voice chat while u battle.

Overview

The good

Graphics improved
More new pokemon
new region
a good pokemon game for ds ( finally )
you can use touch screen
wireless multiplayer
Wifi multiplayer

The bad

If u chose a guy as your character u gonna be stuck with a really fugly character lol
You can only battle people if u have their friend code rather than battle an opponent your lvl like in yugioh.
Same old pokemon
berries u plant can grow to 1 berry WTF
even with all these buttons only 1 item can be registered

Final Score 8.0

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:41:35 AM by BloodWar »
I will live forever..... Until i die

Carigamers

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl discussion Reviews included
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:16:28 PM »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Pearl Review (DS)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:59:32 PM »
i never cared much for the sound. But i think wifi significantly raises the valure of a game and besides that i really couldnt find anything i didnt like about the game other than the fact that the guy is fugly. I usually check my game ratings comparing positives to negatives and the fact that the guy looked like the guy from pkmn red/blue wasnt really a big bother to me. I would have given it a 10 but i never give games 10 unless it does something inovative as well which this didnt do as it is very similar to its predecessors. Anyway i always tell everyone who disagrees with me that my reviews are all based purely on my opinion and not on that of others so if u disagree i thats your opinion however i am playing through the game and if i do find something i do not like this review may change.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:01:27 PM by BloodWar »

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • wii, ds, super nintendo, gbc, gba
    • View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »
Well i just got my copy of pokémond diamond yesterday(friday). Stay up almost all of last night playing. Only prob with d game so far is that in the begining its realy slow! Hey maby i can battle with that pokémon pearl guy :hello:

and on a side note i have never travled in a maxi and made it to ptown in under 20 mins. them maxi was speeding friday!

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl discussion Reviews included
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:42:38 PM »
so has the gameplay changed at all ? I remember freaking red blue yellow green gold and silver  and to this day when i look back i wonder wtf did i do it.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 04:41:09 AM »
gameplay is exactly the same and after playing it for a bit im going with an 8.0 for score its still a great game but it does nothing much different from the others.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 04:41:09 AM »

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »
So far i love this game though i haven't gotten very far yet. The background music is by far better that any other pokemon game i have played.(cyrstal,red,blue,emorald,yellow,ruby and surfirer) the 3d effects are great. Just entered a pokemon contest(cool i think) Loved dressing up my pokemon. The redo of the attack animation is nice as well.

Bad stuff
berries u plant can grow to 1 berry even thow it looks like theres 3. So then why plant them!?!
even with all these buttons only 1 item can be registered(tru, this drives me nuts!)

Any way i realy hope i can meet up with another player/players and have it out. :hello:

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »
Any one catch the legendery from their game yet. I got mine the blue time thingy cant remember the name. The short movie befor was a lil crepy :lol:

Still waithing for a chalenger.....  so who wants to take on lil ol me??:hello:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:49:20 PM by kiya »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »
i lend my ds to my cousin since i get final fantasy XII i aint playin no other game lol.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »
Posted by: BloodWar 
Insert Quote
i lend my ds to my cousin since i get final fantasy XII i aint playin no other game lol.

better get i back quick, or u may never see it again :lol:

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »
nah he livin walking distance from me and hes only 10 he have ps2 and thing hes take care of his stuff.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »
Excuse me for being a bit late to the party, guys, but I just secured my copy.
Looking pretty good so far, and I think the gameplay experience got a whole lot easier with the stylus.
My only gripes with the game are the facts that you can't customise your character as you like, the sounds are...rather weird, and Tyranitar is not in the Pearl version of the game (which I happen to have. =( )

By the way, does anybody here besides me have Wi-Fi? I'd like to get some serious trading going on in the near future.

On a side note, for some odd reason, my Buneary's practically a killing machine with Frustration. It's just fragging Pokemon left, right and center with that move, even Pokemon 3 levels above it. O__o The downside to it is that Frustration can only do "OMGWTFBBQSAWCE" damage of that magnitude if she's totally ticked off with me (Frustration does more damage the more the Pokemon dislikes its trainer), and that's not what I'm gearing for, because I want her to evolve into a Lopunny, which is the secks.

ARGH. I am so torn. I also found out that by levelling up my Buneary so much, I've missed the chance to teach it "Return", which is the polar opposite of "Frustration". Keep this in mind, guys.....if you want Buneary to learn Return, don't level it up past LVL 12. It can only learn that attack if it's a Lopunny by LVL 13.

Well...back to re-assembling my old doom squad.

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 06:25:41 PM »
lol i have wifi but i think the game is to much like the previous games i dont see any significant upgrade it feels the same to me lol.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
I have wi-fi as well and pokemon diamond :lol: have yet to get the chance to use my wi-fi though i've had the darn thing for mths! :angry:

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 01:47:05 AM »
ive traded and battled over wifi with a friend in canada and works fine :) oh and also with someone in sweden.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:20 AM »
well i will finish working on the 15th of next mth. If any of you want oto i can visit a high speed internet cafe in rio claro and battle/trade since i was beginning to feel sorry for buying the thing and never using it(not by choice mind you) so leme know, you can pm me or reply here.  :lol:

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »
Bah almost finished my sinnoh pokedex i need cherrim anyone wanna trade it to me lol i got a few more to get but they easy lol :).

Carigamers

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal