Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 13389 times)

Offline EmpireKing

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 1
  • I guess I'm back
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbrizan.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i12-28 000 @ 12.3GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GT X9 128GB
  • RAM: HDDR12 224GB
  • Broadband: Jesus's Love
  • MBL: Samsung Note 12
  • Steam: Naruubi
A Few Questions
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
    What the hell is Patrick Manning and the other guy(President) doing in this country. As two men who possess overwhelming force(ARMY AND PoliceService) why are they slackin with the current crime situation in this country that they claim to love so much. This may seem radical and very unorthodox but why cant they just call upon these forces to make a THOROUGH SWEEP throughout ALL HIGH CONCERN PLACES and clean d country....???

Is doing this possible?
If so do you guys think that The Head of State is taking his job seriously...?
HOW is it possible for prisoners to break through prisonbars with a hacksaw??? Now personally I hav not ever seen a prison cell...but arent they surposed to be thick enough to keep prisoners IN???

PLZ doh give me any negative comments......i jus asking a question, allyuh cud delete it after
i jus wanna know if i making any sense

Guess who's back. Not me. :|

Carigamers

A Few Questions
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »

Offline Grim Reaper

• Village Idiot
  • Genin
  • Chakra 191
  • Your Soul Is Mine!
    • View Profile
    • World Affairs Board (WAB)
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra SLI
  • RAM: 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
Re: A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
I'm not Trinidadian but I know enough to make an educated answer to your question. As of current, your Army has an estimated 2,700 troops ready for rapid deployment. Now you can attempt a clean sweep in the country within a few days to a week with that manpower including Police, however the thorough part is the problem. You will not get everything you want and unless you keep men to secure those liberated areas, crime will just reappear after some time. Unless you can completely secure your progress it wouldn't make much sense to do it in the first place. Given the state of Trinidad and it's government, why even bother to pull of such a huge task? However, with the correct leadership you probably can dramatically decrease crime, but your currunt leadership in incapable of doing this without screwing it up. Bottom line, it's very much possible if the proper leader uses the right strategy.

Quote from:  Grim Reaper
I agree that a few US soldiers have done some horrible things to Iraqis. This is in turn should naturally make some Iraqi fearful of US troops and that's perfectly fine.

Offline Cross

• Kage
  • Chakra 12
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent
    • Ps3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 1.73 Core 2 Duo
  • GPU: Intel GMA 945
  • RAM: 2.5GB
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:10:57 AM »
Nice to see EK has woken up and smelled the coffee and once again i agree with Grim

I'll say this the two 'major' parties are sooo caught up in trying to make each other look bad and a public image that to do something in secret is BEYOND them. Remember Operation Anaconda? 1st week they lock down the north and then they announce over the media they hitting south.....when i heard that i heard that i was like BUH WHA DE M.......sigh.....

Trouble in this place tonight........BAN....KAI

Offline EmpireKing

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 1
  • I guess I'm back
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbrizan.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »
I think that was one of the most idiotic things that has ever happened in Trinidad concerning the media.....Why must the public kno of these operations...If anything tell us after you do it, show us the results if u wanna make ureself look good...

Offline daniboy79

• Kage
  • Chakra 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:23 AM »
some of us may not remember this (or may have been too young), but during the first Gulf war back in '90/91 CNN & Headline News were the greatest 'tactic spoilers', Saddam just had to turn the TV on to see where they were gonna bomb, lol
Antec 900
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Intel Q6600 with Tt TMGi1 HSF
2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 6400 (4,4,4,12)
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
Maxtor-DM21 250GB  SATAII
Seagate 500GB SATAII
Acer AL2223Wd 22" Monitor
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Surround Monitors

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:23 AM »

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 10:35:18 AM »
"If so do you guys think that The Head of State is taking his job seriously...?"

He doesn't hold that power. Blame falls on the parliament.
What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Offline disciple

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 15
  • deus est caritas
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4000+
  • GPU: RADEON 3650 512 DDR3
  • RAM: 6 GB PC6400
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
some of us may not remember this (or may have been too young), but during the first Gulf war back in '90/91 CNN & Headline News were the greatest 'tactic spoilers', Saddam just had to turn the TV on to see where they were gonna bomb, lol

man, yuh doh even have to go that far back..

in 2003, geraldo was bussin files during the invasion of iraq.. drawing maps in the sand, and giving the day's objective on live tv

Offline daniboy79

• Kage
  • Chakra 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »

man, yuh doh even have to go that far back..

in 2003, geraldo was bussin files during the invasion of iraq.. drawing maps in the sand, and giving the day's objective on live tv

LOL! i didn't even know dat! ...well, like i said in an earlier thread, i doh study news, life too short to get vex watchin rubbish (playin Dirt is better)
Antec 900
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Seagate 500GB SATAII

Offline EmpireKing

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 1
  • I guess I'm back
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbrizan.com
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
SO media is to blame for failed attempts at everything......Iznt it obvious to the media that brocasting these things on tv radio, internet and watever will expose what is surposed to be "secret"?

Offline Grim Reaper

• Village Idiot
  • Genin
  • Chakra 191
  • Your Soul Is Mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 12:57:27 PM »
Of course Empire King. The media is getting themselves in a position where they are becoming more and more of a pest to organizations that wish to carry out certain operations in secrecy. I believe the media should be heavily restricted in certain areas, the media can obviously work to aid those it shouldn't regardless of the media's true intention. It can easily take away the element of surprise and absolute tactical advantage of those carrying out their objective against the enemy, whether it be in a anti-crime operation or in a war. Any sort of strategic disadvantage is the last thing you want, and the media happens to be one of the top problems on that list.

I agree that a few US soldiers have done some horrible things to Iraqis. This is in turn should naturally make some Iraqi fearful of US troops and that's perfectly fine.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »
I have to disagree with you there Grim. I don't think sensorship of the media is the answer. I think tha tall news should be aired or be allowed to have the RIGHT to be aired at a certain point in time. What I do think also is that more DISCRETION needs to be employed by the media. You can broadcast all you like about a covert operation AFTER it's been concluded. During and before that's stupid I think we all agree on that. Here's a saying for you "Democracy is 340 days communism and 16 days democratic" think about that a little in the context of this thread and sensorship in general.

Offline daniboy79

• Kage
  • Chakra 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »
do you see the British army "advertising" about their plans on the news? lol
Antec 900
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
Seagate 500GB SATAII

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 01:36:45 PM »
"SO media is to blame for failed attempts at everything..."

No. The ineptitude of our leaders ais to blame for everything. Dissemination of information by the media is a symptom rather than the greater sickness of stupidity.

And grim isn't talking about media censorship (at least, I would -hope- that's not what he's talking about)...but rather self-censorship of the agencies. Not restricting what the media can do with the information they get...but not allowing them to get that information -at all- and making that the priority of the strategists.

Basically, the government and the protective services should HUSH DEY C*NT AN DO DEY DAMN JOB and speak when it's all over.

-The Locust

Offline Grim Reaper

• Village Idiot
  • Genin
  • Chakra 191
  • Your Soul Is Mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 04:06:14 PM »
I have to disagree with you there Grim. I don't think sensorship of the media is the answer. I think tha tall news should be aired or be allowed to have the RIGHT to be aired at a certain point in time. What I do think also is that more DISCRETION needs to be employed by the media. You can broadcast all you like about a covert operation AFTER it's been concluded. During and before that's stupid I think we all agree on that. Here's a saying for you "Democracy is 340 days communism and 16 days democratic" think about that a little in the context of this thread and sensorship in general.

Of course, they can go around and parade the news around afterwards, I have nothing against that. I just don't want them broadcasting things before or during an ongoing operation that would reveal things which could lead to a tactical or strategic disadvantage of any sort for the organization carrying out the operation. I support media censorship on certain issues, but not concerning this matter at all.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »
Basically, the government and the protective services should HUSH DEY C*NT AN DO DEY DAMN JOB and speak when it's all over.
Sadly this is not always the case sync, how many incidents (not national security related necessarily) have been picked up by the over zealous newscrew? or the newscrew in the right place at the right time?. At that point descrestion on the part of the reporter is required... however would you say that turning down the 'scoup' is in the interest of an ambitious reporter? generally I think not.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 12:44:46 AM »
Understood.

I'm not saying the media should stop doing their job. In fact...the media MUST do their job and free press MUST be encouraged and the government should not interfere with free press whatsoever. I'm saying that it's the responsibility of the government to maintain that confidence within their own ranks and if it is informative of a sensitive nature that is leaked/revealed accountability must be taken and shared within the ranks accordingly. Both institutions should move independently of each other. Government and press must -never- intersect other than matters where the government should provide transparency.

There is rarely a case where press should exhibit some sort of discretion...however...media is a business like any other and they are selling news. If one media house doesn't do it, another will and that is economic suicide.

-The Locust

Offline DreadNaught

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
  • Its a bomb!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »
I'll always say we could blame, the press, inept governance, corrupt police, useles bureaucracy i mean the list could go on an on....the education system...anything. In the end you know who i blame? Myself. As much as the Government effing up, a country always gets the government it deserves dread. The Complacency hafta stop, when u see sh*t going on say " Aye cut that sh*t out!".Crime & corruption...dem ting is a 'we' problem so we hafta start shouting out instead of jus grumbling & mumbling amongst ourselves.
DreadNaught, a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition.

God gave me a special gift, fashioned in me a fine instrument of warfare.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

Offline EmpireKing

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 1
  • I guess I'm back
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbrizan.com
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
that make some sense.....is we fault...we are the people who gave them power in the first place....In order to make a difference now we must project our voice instead of "mumbling amongst ourselves" as dreadnaught has said...

but how can we do this.....half d "good" ppl in d country fraid to say or do anything

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 10:50:27 AM »
hmm lawl if censorship on that level was allowed ^_^ we wouldnt be having this discussion lawl.

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »
hmm lawl if censorship on that level was allowed ^_^ we wouldnt be having this discussion lawl.

Yea, thoughts of "V" for Vendetta come to mind....All trinis should put on V's mask and walk the streets in protest. LOL

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal