Author Topic: retired?(dont open if u doh wanna read cusses)  (Read 9188 times)

Offline einstien101

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • Photoshop Hax r' us
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
retired?(dont open if u doh wanna read cusses)
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »
as those duelists in the loop may know i gave up rl yugioh this format despite having both won and top 8'd tourneys mainly because i saw this format as a lost cause. the game is no longer fun and the fact of the matter is rich guys have superior decks, save gadgets which dont need any expexnsive cards to function. however i see hope in next format and would like to return, but i ask myself this, whats the point?  i mean think about it, when the original duelists(namely balki chicken jonathan and bouya) were around, there was drama, it was exciting, ppl actually got into watching games, if for nothing else than the flair and antics these players displayed, at least they were interested. even when i just started, there was still a lot of competition between south and legion, both of whom were undoubtedly the best of the time. then came yu-wi-oh...well oh-mi-god that was the end of it. i mean sure a few of these guys smack talk and stuff, and it can be seen a few of them can compete, but at the end of the day, with the introduction of yu-wi-oh we saw the death of drama, and getting to my point, drama is the biggest reason ppl stay interested in things. sure drama causes tempers to flare, destroys pride, and can make or break an ego, but despite all the obvious negatives the truth is that w/o drama we're just a bunch of nerds playing a card game...so in an attempt to rekindle the one thing i think would bring me back to the game, here i go:
-f*  yu-wi-oh, ravis your only semi decent duelist, shurland you're horribly predictable, the rest of you have only been doing well because u have raizas/troopers, if u disagree lets just see how next format goes. im sorry but the presence of expensive cards doesn't cover for a lack of skill.
-balki get over yourself you were really good awhile back and while i do respect u for how you've helped carry the game thusfar ur a shadow of your old self, come better or dont come at all.
-and this is to ALL you ppl who think that me matthew and aaron are souths only good duelists, south has much more potential than u ppl cud ever know, disagree? i propose a 5v5 north v south.

and well this is just a general observation now, i noticed even when i was playing a sense of disrespect towards newbies who do well at tourneys, y? mad cus they did better than you? ppl want the game to prosper and yet hate seeing new faces from doing well, thats total b. s., we HAVE to encourage every1 we can to do well. win or lose it doesnt matter, all that matters is the drama, so on that note

F* NORTH!

-mike
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:19:17 PM by disciple »
I'm miserable without you, its almost as if you were here...

Carigamers

retired?(dont open if u doh wanna read cusses)
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
Re: retired?(dont open if u doh wanna read cusses)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »
Wow Disciple, that was quick.  I was going to give the author a chance to correct his transgressions....
Some members like to 'pretend' that the rules don't apply to them.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:39:55 PM »

and well this is just a general observation now, i noticed even when i was playing a sense of disrespect towards newbies who do well at tourneys, y? mad cus they did better than you? ppl want the game to prosper and yet hate seeing new faces from doing well, thats total b. s., we HAVE to encourage every1 we can to do well.

As surprising as it was that new faces ended up topping that list, I have to say it was a welcome change...nobody is invincible and if they pulled ahead, they had to be doing something right. Gives the 'usual elite' something to think about - it reaches only as far as your last tournament...and that doesn't mean one thing in this game. A tournament like that one demands that YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE!!! They stepped up, others didn't...well, that's how it goes.

The upcoming months are looking quite interesting to see how ppl end up doing....

Also, how duelists have been 'categorised', I'm still wondering....where the heck do I fit in as? :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:44:00 PM by SPK »
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
I'd have to agree with some points there.

As of late, I've been really disappointed with the game and people's over-reliance on running either Monarchs or whatever deck they saw up on Metagame.com and totally cookie-cutter it for their own purposes. Let's face it...the game has been a sheer source of frustration for me, because nobody's even trying to be original anymore. Mind you, I had a blast at the Duelist Kingdom Championships 2007, and that duel I had against Rajiv (a new face) was one that had me on the edge of my seat.

But, to be honest....you know things have gotten bad when matches end all because somebody happens to draw Brain Control and they summon a Monarch. You know....half of the matches I've seen when I was a contestant at the last tournament ended that way. "Brain! Thestalos!" "Brain! Zaborg zap the face-down!" "Brain! Summon Raiza!" You know.....people might have made a big deal about it, but, as I've already told some people, you know what my reaction was?

"That's how all of these matches are ending? Big DEAL."

I virtually have NO respect for Monarchs anymore. Even a comatose Paris Hilton can learn how to play Monarchs. The whole thing behind it is "Steal monsters, make Monarchs go boom."
GOD.

I'll tell you what....when I play Toons, I have a blast. Why?
Because it's a hell of a challenge to actually pull the deck off and come off with a victory in the end. Knowing that an MST or a Heavy Storm can spell THE END for them was all in the thrill of it, and heck, it's the reason I still run them. Many people ask me if I run them in tournaments, and I tell them, "Sure, why not?" because, despite my over-active competitive streak and hot-headedness, I play to have fun. And I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when people ask me about Toons and Aliens, because it somewhat sticks in their minds that when it comes to either of those themes, people instantly remember that I was the duelist who ran those.

When I play with Monarchs, you know what I feel?
BORED.
Knowing that you are like the 1,245,699th duelist to run Monarchs takes all the thrill of being the sole brains behind the deck right out of it, and, basically, you feel like you're just another cookie-cutting bastard fighting see who can pull their Monarchs and control cards first. Granted, Monarchs are effective (I run one Mobius in my Toon Deck, which is fine.) but they are severely OVERDONE.

Know why the New Era Outlaw hasn't dueled in over a month?
Because Monarchs are making the game BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.
Granted, I will make a comeback after September 1st to see how it all plays out, because I still love this game, and, as always, I want to see it do better.

In the meanwhile, though, what I'm planning to do is going out there and challenging some duelists with my Toon deck. I might win some, I might lose some, but, I won't really care so much. I want to stir some people's curiosity as I do so, and really make them ask, "What the-?" as they face me. That way, they'd know that not all duelists run the same deck.

Now, as for the point about the days of ChickenNBeer, I agree. He was one of the most exciting people in this game, and his duels were always a main event spectacle. My most memorable experiences in this game had to be his trademark "RAIGEKIIIIIII!!!" cry of desperation, followed by a "YES!" when he wins. I realy wish some more people had the spirit that CNB, Balki and Ravi brought to this game. As a matter of fact, that's probably what we need right now.

I'd also like to concur on that last paragraph. Some hostility really went down on a couple of new guys who did well in my tournament, and, to be honest, I really didn't think that was fair to them, because I watched what was going on, and it was a legitimate turn of events that occured. Now, I do apologize if that particular leg of the tournament didn't pull off as well as I had hoped it would, but people, jealousy really won't help things. We really do have to be happy for people who are up and coming in this game, because even the people we saw as pros now were once up-and-comers.

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:28 PM »
hmm this sounds like marvel...tier whoring and complaints...

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:28 PM »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:31 PM »
 Well i have to say i love the game but it costed me too much i had real bad luck with boosters so i bought 2-3 boosters every weekend and i realized it cost too much so i sold all my rare cards and got into the gba games. Gba games were aight but not much trinis had them so i ended up playing cpu which got boring after a while. Now that the DS games released it works amazing and online play is awesome but almost all the duelists run the same deck ( not monarchs ). They have a few Chimeratech overdragons and Overload Fusion, Future Fusion, Add a few cyber dragons power bond and u got a deck that 50%+ of people online are using.

I mostly only have fun playing friends of mine over wifi we usually make our own restrictions and rules to how we make decks then our very different decks face off. As for tournies their are dueling ladders made for nds games and they have tournies. I must admit it was more fun using my actual cards but I couldnt afford it and it runs better.

Anyway i get the point on the stupid people using the same decks and how boring it gets. In fact i dont think it boring i think its annoying that im playing people from all over the world with the same decks.
I will live forever..... Until i die

Offline einstien101

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • Photoshop Hax r' us
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »
dont play on irc btw bloodwar, irc is full of horrible duelists who love to netdeck, if you want innovation in online duelling my email is trinidevil715@hotmail.com, i'll  open a lot of new doors in online duelling for u, wanna duel us nats champ adam corn? i know these guys because while i'v given up on rl duelling i'm still active online and i have rep with a lot of established duelists. just ask spk, almost a MONTH before demise first hit a shonen i told him about it cus me and andy wilson had just come up with a rough draft of it. hit me up.pz.

Offline YashiroN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 03:59:20 AM »
Shurland here. Well then, "mike" you got me to make a post after a really long time. Predictable? I remember the last time we played i walked all over you with my predictable play style.. Well anyways, i have some half-complete decks which i PREDICT will take you out when we meet again.. till then.....

(by the way i know you only started this thread to start up the rivalry, so no hard feelings....)

peace..

P.S. i think Matthew and Aaron are the only good south duelists...lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 04:03:55 AM by YashiroN »

Offline huggybear

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 04:23:40 AM »
-f*  yu-wi-oh, ravis your only semi decent duelist, shurland you're horribly predictable, the rest of you have only been doing well because u have raizas/troopers, if u disagree lets just see how next format goes. im sorry but the presence of expensive cards doesn't cover for a lack of skill.
-balki get over yourself you were really good awhile back and while i do respect u for how you've helped carry the game thusfar ur a shadow of your old self, come better or dont come at all.

lol...balki going to real cuss when he read this.I was wondering what happen to you....this is ravi by the way and when you were gone i won two tournament in sucession only to loose to riaz in a finals and before my two ......Nick won so it was like 4 straight for UWIOH.....but i dont really care how much we win because i quitted after i lost to riaz in the finals because i felt the same way. Monarchs are too dam boring ....soul thestalos is so damn boring but i didnt work so hard for my rankings and top 200 spot in latin america only to loose it to someone who monarched me to death....and that is why i ran them while maindecking two pulling the rug before the white boys did it..........and balki ran big shield gadna so he wasnt that crunchy as well.And i woulda be the number one duelist in this country if it wasnt for them 5$ tournaments that balki keep winning.
I dont enter dem because i dont have no one really fun to play or worthy...except balki and i really not that thirst for rankings.

Ryan said i brought spirit to this game Damn Rite i did ....and if i didnt quit i would beat the $hit outta everyone at duelist kingdom again.

And i am not semi decent.........semi decent ppl don't have the longest winning streak of like 25 wins in a row(damn SPK and he burn deck) in trinidad and also being 2nd in the country too...and i heard from ryan that you were challenging North....But i really quitted so next time u up UWI give me a buzz we will go and drink some beers instead.

and UWIOH didnt spoil this game...we made it more competitive............i think.

I think Nick , Riaz and Shurland is the new leaders of UWIOH ...challenge them anytime.

And to end this rant............RIO IS THE BEST DAMN DUELIST THAT THIS GAME HAS..........NO ONE IS BETTER......NO ONE.

AND HE WILL CUT @SS IN ANY FIGHTING GAME TOO.

And thanks for calling me the only semi decent duelist in uwioh....honestly that is the nicest thing another duelist ever said to me.Everyone says im lucky.

Oh and another thing why i quit....WHEN SOMEONE SAYS GOOD DUEL AFTER A MATCH AND EXTENDS HIS HAND TO SHAKE YOURS DON'T SAY F@(K YOU AND GET UP HAVE SOME CORTESY NAH PPL.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 04:51:54 AM by huggybear »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
Hey, guys....long time no see around these parts. Welcome back.

Shurland here. Well then, "mike" you got me to make a post after a really long time. Predictable? I remember the last time we played i walked all over you with my predictable play style.. Well anyways, i have some half-complete decks which i PREDICT will take you out when we meet again.. till then.....

(by the way i know you only started this thread to start up the rivalry, so no hard feelings....)

peace..

P.S. i think Matthew and Aaron are the only good south duelists...lol

OOoh....looks like it's on now. Well, with the Yuletide Bash around the corner, I'd like to see how this pans out...

And thanks for calling me the only semi decent duelist in uwioh....honestly that is the nicest thing another duelist ever said to me.Everyone says im lucky.

Oh and another thing why i quit....WHEN SOMEONE SAYS GOOD DUEL AFTER A MATCH AND EXTENDS HIS HAND TO SHAKE YOURS DON'T SAY F@(K YOU AND GET UP HAVE SOME CORTESY NAH PPL.

It can be pretty much said that the entire game of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and most Trading Card Games in general, involve a bit of luck. Sure, it would be lucky to draw the right card for the situation, but, that's all part of the game. What I can say is that it sure wasn't luck alone that won the Duelist Kingdom Championships 2006, right Ravi? :)

By the way...on that last note.
I know I would tend to blow my top every now and again when I lose, but I'd always calm down afterwards and congratulate the person anyway for a duel well fought. Really.....some courtesy in this game isn't the hardest thing to do, and, while losing may be hard, it's no excuse to be an a**hole towards people. I'm wondering who that person is.....

Offline YashiroN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 11:08:23 PM »
No probs Ryan...I think i'll stick around here a while...this new banlist has me feeling shiny and new... I'm so glad i don't have to run brain, sac, brain sac, soul thesta...well you get the point.

So what are the prizes going to be like for the tourney in December?

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:06 PM »
No idea as yet.
I'm trying to make it a different experience to the DKC, so, I'm still pondering on that one.

Offline einstien101

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • Photoshop Hax r' us
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
looking forward to it, i must say your tournaments do go smoothly ryan, props on that, but i must now make my obligatory flame post as i started this topic:

shurland i sincerely hope you aren't referring to when we were downstairs DKC right? i borrowed that deck from singh and had it not been for me constantly forgetting baboons effect i would have won that second match, but i digress, yu-gi-oh is much more than making straightforward moves shurland, thats how you beat somebody who's good, by thinking ahead of them, down to those last matches we played the other day, for me to be able to account for what you were most likely going to do after months of inactivity just goes to show that you're less of a duelist and more of a well trained monkey(no racial intent btw, just calling you a monkey)

and if ravis gone well there goes the neighbourhood, and yeah man i'll take u up on that beer whenever im in the area.

lol...balki going to real cuss when he read this

thats the idea
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:12:11 PM by einstien101 »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »
damn i just play a few of them monarch decks online and lower my record lol to think i never met one of them till i read this this thread is real blight lmao.
I will live forever..... Until i die

Offline YashiroN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 12:15:48 AM »
Forgot baboon effect? It's a baboon deck dammit, you can't forget BABOON'S EFFECT, whose the real monkey? Of course you were able to predict my moves, i was running a MONARCH DECK, duh...

Anyhoo, them days done. I back to my original attacking deck style...So when i see you again, walk with a good deck, and prepare for some beat out like a baboon...

Peace.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »
Err.....by Baboon, you guys mean 'Guardian of the Forest- Green Baboon', right?

In that case....yeah, I can see where einstein101 is coming from.....recursion effects are sometimes easy to forget, especially in light of cards that aren't exactly easy to get. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten that Treeborn Frog is still in my Graveyard, and lost count with regards to how many times I've had to tell people that their Vampire Lord/Sacred Phoenix has to come back this turn.

Offline einstien101

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • Photoshop Hax r' us
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
a beast deck with baboon in it is not a baboon deck...it is a beast deck.

Offline YashiroN

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »
Meh. Steups...lewwe just wait for the next tourney...

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »
...which should be soon if I have anything to say about it :).
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline einstien101

• Genin
  • Chakra 1
  • Photoshop Hax r' us
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
looking forward to it :)

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal