Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Sweatage! (NEW DATE! Saturday 10th January, 2009)  (Read 69265 times)

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
As of late, I've been practising like a beast in this game, and I really think now's a good time as any to call out some of you out to a good old fashioned BRAWL.

The Game: Marvel vs. Capcom
The Place: Galactica, Trincity Mall
The Date: Saturday 10th January, 2009
The Time: 5: 30pm till

Anybody interested can call me at 738-4505 (ask for Ryan).
We'll meet up at Virtual Zone, or, if you prefer, at the arcade itself.

I'll be sending some PMs to some people here that I know would be interested (you all know who you are).
The sweatage scene has been VERY dry as of late, and I'm seriously looking to change all that.

Looking forward to seeing you there (but try not to spend your passage home in the process.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:21:49 AM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Carigamers

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »
well i don't play mvc1 ( i really dunno anything about the game) but if i got time i'll be passing down for sure.

Offline spinner

• Jonin
  • Chakra 3
  • BLOY!
    • PS3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270
  • GPU: 1GB Nvidia9500GT
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3
  • BattleNet ID: SPNR/521
  • Broadband: Blink Broadband
  • Origin ID: moonchilds
  • PSN: SPNR_TT
  • Steam: SPNR
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:12:23 AM »
i'll make a pass up there...long time i ent sweat in the arcade, now to find some transport to get up there...

Strength and Honor

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
well i don't play mvc1 ( i really dunno anything about the game) but if i got time i'll be passing down for sure.

Cool. Be sure to let Ultima know of it, too, because it's been too long since I've had a good challenge.

i'll make a pass up there...long time i ent sweat in the arcade, now to find some transport to get up there...

Great. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Well, things are shaping up rather nicely.
Speaking of which, I should let JD on to this.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:36:12 AM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
The battle begins TODAY!
Sweat results later.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 09:59:18 AM »
LOLOLOL I was up there LAST WEEK thinking it was then!!! OMG i'm suck a baka!!
God is dead.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 09:26:10 AM »
Well, you still made it for the sweat this week anyway, so all is well.

Yup, folks, we had us a brawl.
Me, JD, Saxman, and...some other people!
...yeah.

Now, anybody who knows me and JD knows that when we collide in this game, WAR happens.
Namely, quite a few rounds between Megaman/Roll and War Machine/Gold War Machine.
Admittedly, that flying knee/bomb strategy hurts, but so does a Beat Plane at close range. Such a shame GWM can't block, eh?  :happy0203: During our matches, JD and I even took some new characters out for a spin. He played characters such as Wolverine, Strider Hiryu and Spiderman (even one match where he played Red Venom, who can't hit Roll with LP at all) whereas I took Hulk, Ryu and Morrigan and gave them a try. Saxman took a small video of one of those 'fun' matches, where I had JD on the ropes with Hulk, only for his Wolverine to hit not only him, but his partner with a Berserker Barrage X, knocking them both out.

Eventually, though, we soon dropped the extra characters and played with who we knew. The machine screwed us on a few moves (I missed count on how many Berserker Barrage X/Beat Planes I could have landed but didn't), but it was a blast. At the end of the day, we were pretty evenly matched, after all that time.
Our tallys for the day (against everybody) was JD landing 2nd place with 14 wins, and me landing 1st and 3rd with 17 and 13 wins, respectively (yes, I was at the arcade for a pretty long time.)

Saxman then came in. It was cool that he showed up, and that he accepted my challenge.
He gave it his all, but, in the end, 'Wildman-no-jutsu' doesn't exactly pan out too well.
No worries, though...the minute he gets more focused in his gameplay, I'm sure he could kick some serious a**.

Some other guys faced off against me.
One gave me trouble, and he was pretty persistent.
I believe he was the same guy that gave me chats on Shoryuken one time I came on there and I mouthed off like a Sesame Street Yip-Yip. I think he gets the point now that I'm definitely a force to be reckoned with in this game. He did make one comment that I was -ahem- running with Roll. JD then asked him:

"You expect a little girl like that to rush down Strider?

And, he's quite right. Roll has very short range, and running after Strider to hit him face on is like running into a coal mine with lit dynamite. I'd have expected somebody from Shoryuken to know Roll can't rush down for s**t, and has to play a defensive game, most of the time.

Another got licks, and said something that really had me and Saxman bowl over laughing. What was it?

"You real good, but you kinda s***ty at the same time."

He then asked me if I understand where I was coming from, since I was resorting to 'cheap tactics' and whatnot.
I told him this:

"Oh, I understand. You're making excuses for losing."

Seriously, I'm good and I suck at the same time? I'm sure on some other planet that makes sense, but that logic suffers from one serious flaw:

...this is EARTH.

...sorry, partner, but if you're going to make poor excuses like that for losing, it's best you find a Pac-Man machine and start wailing on that, because eating pellets and running from ghosts seems to be more your speed for now.

Seriously? Roll is BOTTOM-TIER in the game.
If you have trouble handling a 'small girl' like that, then you need to shape up, fellas. Seriously.
Don't make excuses like "She's too small to hit!", because that's not true at all.

Oh, and for those guys who backed away from the machine just because I'm on it and was asking me if I was going back in when I'm done, screw you, you damn cowards. You want in? TAKE ME OFF OF IT. Don't stand there going:

"OH GAWD IT'S HOPELESS DON'T PUT YOUR COIN IN BECAUSE HE'LL KICK YOUR A**"

...seriously, how do you expect to beat me at all if you're standing there with your tail between your legs whimpering as if you're a small boy in the Neverland Ranch? Grow a pair, jump in, and KICK MY A**. For a group of people that once laughed at me just because I play with a couple of 'children', you sure are acting as if you've got Raisinettes for balls now. God.

I'll admit this much: JD can kick my a**. Akil can kick my a**. Rio can kick my a**. Balki can kick my a**, Ultima can kick my a** . (Granted, I can return the favor, just so you know.) So, now that we've pretty much established that while I rule in this game, I'm not invincible, just what is your problem? No, don't bother answering that. I know exactly what's your deal.

YOU SUCK.
...nuff said.

Anyhoo. Good game, everybody.
I'll organise another one after Christmas, when more people can come.
And hopefully, there would be more takers and less shakers.
Outlaw, out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:31:45 AM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
  • Whipped Street Fighter Aristocrat
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Street Fighter Perfect Project
  • PSN: ShinUltima
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »
Well, as NEO realises, I didn't learn about this until it was too late. I would not have been to make it though, since I had training and my mother-in-law coming in from away and Other Stuff to deal with. Generally, the only day on a weekend I'm available is Sunday.

Don't suppose next Sunday is available for anyone, is it? Actually, next Saturday I should be available as well, since I'm going to take a break from training for a few weeks since I won't be here for the first week in December.

As I mentioned in the thread on SRK, if you don't play WM/GWM (though I guess Strider/GWM/WM on the whole, to a slightly lesser extent, though I still have yet to meet a Strider in Trinidad on the same level as my own), you aren't going to beat me. This doesn't mean I can't lose, since I'm not infalliable and, hey, it's MvC1; random shit happens fairly often in that game (I especially hate Chun-li in that game); but beating me with a non Strider/GWM/WM team in MvC1 is rare. Of course, that's because I play Strider/GWM/WM myself, so maybe it isn't entirely fair. ^_^

My favourite team is Strider/Zangief, but I can't play it if WM, GWM or RV are around, since Gief get straight up destroyed by those three, which is why I bothered to learn the other top tier characters in the first place. If they're not around, though, it's all gravy. ^_^
Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
Street Fighter Perfect Project

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 03:42:25 PM »
By 'next week Saturday', you mean the 8th of December, right?
I can make it for that one.

Are you game on that day, at Trincity Mall, for 2:30 PM?
If so, I think we've got another sweat on our hands.

As for Marvel vs. Capcom 2, what venue did you have in mind?
Normally, I'd say JAVA since it got new management, but I still have bad memories of what happened last time...

As I mentioned in the thread on SRK, if you don't play WM/GWM (though I guess Strider/GWM/WM on the whole, to a slightly lesser extent, though I still have yet to meet a Strider in Trinidad on the same level as my own), you aren't going to beat me. This doesn't mean I can't lose, since I'm not infalliable and, hey, it's MvC1; random shit happens fairly often in that game (I especially hate Chun-li in that game); but beating me with a non Strider/GWM/WM team in MvC1 is rare. Of course, that's because I play Strider/GWM/WM myself, so maybe it isn't entirely fair. 

Oh, ho, ho........a challenge, you say?
Well, ain't nuthin' this cowboy likes more than a good old fashioned keester-kicking.
Bring it on, partner! Yee-HAW!

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
i own you both in tetron for free

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 08:18:09 AM »
NEO:

Yeah, I should be able to make it. I'm supposed to give blood in the morning, and hopefully I'll have enough strength to make it there. ;)

And yeah, I'll go out and throw that out there as a challenge to make it a little more interesting for you: No double War Machine, you don't win. Though I guess that would probably be your best/favourite team against my best/favourite team, so screwing around with shit characters (relatively; my shit team is Captain America/Hulk, for example) wouldn't count. But meh. We'll see... ^_^

As for MvC2.... er, I didn't say anything about MvC2. You don't play MvC2 on stick, do you? Cause they have it at whatever Tekno Junkies is called now. 2P side is a little suspicious with super input, but not too bad. And there are about 3 guys in there who can give me a run for my money; two are decent, but will lose if I put my foot down and stop running into shit, and there's one who I would say is slightly better than I am. Certainly better in execution, though he lacks my experience, which is the primary reason I'm able to beat him at all.

BUt anyway, I wasn't really looking to challenge you in MvC2 at this point. BUT, that place does have MvC1 as well (it has all the vs. games, actually - XSF, MSF, MvC1, and MvC2, the first place I've ever seen that has all four simultaneously). And coins are $1. So it might be worth your while to take a trip into town.

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:38:54 PM »
ALLURCOINSRBELONG2ME!!!!!!!
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »

As for MvC2.... er, I didn't say anything about MvC2. You don't play MvC2 on stick, do you? Cause they have it at whatever Tekno Junkies is called now. 2P side is a little suspicious with super input, but not too bad. And there are about 3 guys in there who can give me a run for my money; two are decent, but will lose if I put my foot down and stop running into shit, and there's one who I would say is slightly better than I am. Certainly better in execution, though he lacks my experience, which is the primary reason I'm able to beat him at all.

BUt anyway, I wasn't really looking to challenge you in MvC2 at this point. BUT, that place does have MvC1 as well (it has all the vs. games, actually - XSF, MSF, MvC1, and MvC2, the first place I've ever seen that has all four simultaneously). And coins are $1. So it might be worth your while to take a trip into town.

Actually, yeah.....the stick was the very first way I learned to play the game.
(I'm assuming you mean the arcade joystick, though, because I can't operate the handheld ones for beans.)

I'm not sure, but is Techno Junkies that arcade next to the pet store?
If so, then I think I know which arcade it is, but the joystick on the MvC2 machine's been acting weird when I played there two weeks ago.

By the way, is that 'No Double War Machine' a stipulation for the matches, or you're just saying I don't win unless I play that team? Either way, I don't really play that team so well. JD (the guy who posted above this one) on the other hand.....

ALLURCOINSRBELONG2ME!!!!!!!

oMGHARYEAHRIIIIIIIIIGHTNEWB!!1one

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 04:13:29 PM »
Yes, stick = arcade joystick. NObody uses actual flight simulator-style joysticks any more.

"No Double War Machine" isn't a stipulation or anything. It's just an observation. I haven't been beaten (again, not simply lost, but actually beaten) by a non-DWM team since ECC5 in 2000. Not that superior players can't beat me with other teams cause I'm far from godlike at the game, just that it hasn't happened in years. And DWM just happens to be the best team, just slightly ahead of Strider/GWM and Strider/WM. For the most part, I consider going up against DWM to not be worth it.

I'm aware that Jd plays DWM. To be perfectly honest, he doesn't even play the team particularly well (neither do I for that matter), but DWM is such a hurdle to get over that even a merely "okay" DWM who knows how to Duo is extremely dangerous. I certainly wasn't prepared to face that team the last time we met up, having not seen it or fought against it since early 2000 (i.e. before MvC2 dropped and we forgot MvC1 existed, and rightfully so). Even with the "almost as good" Strider/WM or Strider/GWM, there's no real counter to DWM other than just being better than your opponent (contrary to popular belief, Chun-li and Captain Commando are not real counters for DWM; for every 1 duo that they stop with Kikkosho/Captain Sword, they will get killed by 5 or 6). The team is brutally effective and not especially difficult to win with. Being able to kill characters with WM uncombo infinites and guard breaks is mostly a bonus, not especially necessary for that team. That team pretty much killed the game's competitive scene in the US.

On this note, however: JD, I already have my gameplan to use against you if we meet up again. I'm sure I can get my wins back. ;)

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »
magnus stop beasting...

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:07:27 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention: Yeah, "Neo Twekno Junkies" = "arcade next to pet store in St. James. :p

And as I said, 2P side is suspicious, especially with regard to super input, but not overly so. It's workable, though expect to make more mistakes on it than 1P side.

I dunno about the MvC machine in there since I've never played on it. I've never seen anyone who doesn't use "Easy Mode" playing there, though it's down in the back plus I'm only in there once a week at the most, so it's possible I just haven't seen good players playing it.

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »
Ohhhh, i c u Ultima n i raise you that i have also improved my gameplay with n without DWM, i gladly accept your challenge.... how ever we must confirm a time n place suitable to all.... i have been trying that combo you told me about got it like 1 or 2 times but ever since i have not actually devoted time in to pratice or playing for that matter. the only time recently that i played "seriously" was last time with neo... but if the great ones like yourself plan to show i may just dedicate some midnight hours to it... can you pm me with that combo again though..... silly me i seem to have lost it whilst i was moving to my new apartment. lemme know k?

as for you neo like it was in olden days i will return n destroy your reincarnated children again n again.....

(el facto) did u know that i am the only 1 who busted his team last week imean o m g these other guys must suk really awful....

hit me up guys lemme know when is the next one n once available im there....

btw

ALLURCOINSRSTILLBELONG2ME HAHAHA
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »
JD:

Just to confirm, I'm not telling/asking you to not play DWM or anything. You said that's your favourite team, and I'm always in favour of playing your favourite characters/teams regardless of power. It just so happens that your favourite team is THE best team in the game... luck of the draw I guess.

PLaying without DWM is fine, but if playing me, don't feel you can't us the team or whatever. DWM is part of the game. I may complain, but that's really my problem. If I were serious enough, I'd just get more skillful, and/or hone my own DWM. But I'm too lazy to do either at this point. :p

BTW, barring a few random sessions against nobodies in Trincity, the last time I played MvC1 was against you last year. You might not need to practice too hard... :/

As for the combo... I forget: What combo are we talking about? You talking about War Machine's flying combo? It's basically launch, LP->MK->U+HK, flight, LP->MP->U+HP, [air dash UF/F, LP->MP->U+HP], repeat. Do it right and you'll end up with your opponent off the top of the screen and you'll just see WM's legs and hearing "HUT HUT HUH!!" ad infinitum.

It's not a true infinite, since your flight mode eventually wears off. But if you get unfly mode (very easy considering War Machine should be flying 99% of the time), you can deactivate flight after U+HP, tack on another U+HP, then cancel that back into flight, air dash and repeat [LP->MP->U+HP].

Also, once you get really good, you can do the flying sequence right from the ground off of a launch, rather than setting it up with an air combo. Hard as hell though.

There's also a way to get the LP->MP->U+HP sequence to uncombo, which will kill the opponent faster. I'm not sure how though.

I think I've gotten maybe two reps of the sequence... ever. I suck at combos. :(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 03:49:00 PM by Ultima »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »
So is this thing still on for tomorrow at Trincity at 2:30 PM? We falling out Neo Tekno Junkies or what?

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »
Tomorrow?
I thought you said you wouldn't be able to come up this Saturday, hence why I asked:

By 'next week Saturday', you mean the 8th of December, right?

I can make that one. This Saturday might be out of the question due to work and my wrist acting up. Still, let me know what's up.

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal