Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Sweatage! (NEW DATE! Saturday 10th January, 2009)  (Read 69399 times)

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Challenge! (Updated for the 16th December, 2007)
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
I've never seen a Magneto player besides myself in playmax (the times i used to go anyway which was like after 5pm on a saturday). 

Has the competition gotten any better in there ? When I used to play often it was like meh...
....and has player 1's stick been fixed (I always found it workable but still kinda funky)

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 11:05:28 PM »
Not to cramp your thread with possibly pointless drivel but I just wanted to shout out RB who I haven't seen in a while and Ultima, who's been out of my reach for even longer.  Ultima what up man, see you started with AC.  I've been aching ages for a GG battle, hell, even 3s and some other AE but I've been frustrated with zeros.  Have been getting good CvS2 comp recently though.

Anyway, RB or Ultima...call me if you're for an AC sweat or something.

Again, pardon the off-topic intrusion.
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 09:44:03 AM »
Interrupt away, old friend. This was probably the best chance to contact either of them that you had, anyway.

Forgive me, though.....what is AC, by chance?

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »
accent core...guilty gear

Anyways

Re: Imperial

I haven't been playing much of anything since the accent core tourney except the occassional KOF XI and COD4. My cell is dead but I'm usually on msn though.  I'd need some practice to get back to where I was (Ogawa Instant KO combo ftw!). Java is having a year end sweat on the 30th, I could organise for then if its suitable.

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
Unfortunately, due to health conditions that suddenly manifested itself in the last 2 days I am unable to come to the MvC tourney in Trincity Mall.

Let's just say until further notice I can't even take a walk without getting into trouble.
God is dead.

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
  • Whipped Street Fighter Aristocrat
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Street Fighter Perfect Project
  • PSN: ShinUltima
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »
I'm about to head out for Trincity. I'm all up for AC or MvC2 (less so 3S) at wherever. Just let me know a week in advance or something.
Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
Street Fighter Perfect Project

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »
Well I took my beatings like a man alright. CHrist, I'm going to have to retire from MvC1 as well. If I'm having trouble with MM/Roll with even the 2nd or 3rd best team in the game, I might as well call it quits. So... many... mistakes... :(

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »
time for you to get on ggpo and practice up then :D

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 05:05:37 AM »
Well, if it makes you feel any better, Ultima, I made my fair share of mistakes as well. Don't study that too much, though. Like I said, a lot of people have trouble handling Mega Man/Roll where I'm concerned, even if they're playing with teams such as Wolverine/Strider and Double War Machine (JD has a few funny stories to tell you if you ask him....to this day, we're pretty much even, give or take a couple of wins.), so you're not alone. Gambit/Strider can be horrors for me, though.

All that matters is, that you came, and we had some good sweatage.
It's a shame more people didn't come, though (I heard Sheppard, one of the people who taught me this game, was coming, but I guess he couldn't make it), but it was still good.

On another note, never accidentally fall asleep with the AC on. Blargh.

:roll:

P.S.: Tell me more about GGPO, rb....where can I get a download of it?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:08:50 AM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »
RB:

I need a proper PS2->USB converter first though. The old one I used to use seems to have died. I have another one (actually this one is mine; the other one I borrowed from a friend), but it only works properly with dual shock controllers; my joystick, at its core, is a non-dual shock PSX controller. Any suggestions? :/

Though to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in playing on GGPO. Not with the intent of getting better, anyway. My peak (in MvC1) was 8 years ago, and I have neither the time, the inclination nor the mental fortitude to even get back to that level, far less go past it. :|

I'm going to have to park up MvC2 just now, I can smell it. I'm already seriously considering never playing Magneto again, because I'm just so bad with him that it's embarrassing. I need to stick to something simple like Team Watts or something.

I'm willing to play AC even though I know absolutely nothing about it (getting your ass kicked for about 100 games over 3 days by guy who have 3 years+ experience on you definitely doesn't amount to "learning"), since I at least have the potential to get better at that one. Everything else I play, though, I'm pretty much at a standstill and declining.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 01:23:15 PM »
On the contrary, I believe that, while MvC2 is the standard now, one should never forget the basics. That is why I keep practising in both games...because one is the grounds from which I began (and am still learning, to this day), and the other is the evolution of that train of thought. The day I allow myself to get sloppy in one, the other will surely follow.

I'm going to have to park up MvC2 just now, I can smell it. I'm already seriously considering never playing Magneto again, because I'm just so bad with him that it's embarrassing. I need to stick to something simple like Team Watts or something.

Like I said yesterday, Ultima, we all have our off days.
I remembered a time (when the old GATT was still up and running) where you virtually covered the entire screen and layed the smackdown with Magneto. I'm positive that you can do that again.

Magneto is tricky, and part of his game is mastery of his uber-combos/infinites, but mastering him is like riding a bike. You never forget. Probably gather a bit of 'ring rust' over time, but definitely not forget.

There was a time where I contemplated dumping Tron, in that sense. I couldn't get the hang of her compared to Mega Man, and she kept losing when she faced herself. But, I stuck to my guns, and she's now one of my more troublesome characters. Just Tuesday a week ago, my entire team was wiped out and Tron was on a bare inch of life against 3 people with at least 50% life remaining (seriously, a HVB could have easily killed her) and I still won the match, merely by playing on my opponent's nerves by acting very unpredictable. I still laugh when I think back.

Well, what you do is up to you, but, if you are parking it up, do what I'm planning to do eventually. Do it in style.

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »
Hey man my hayday was like 4 years ago myself yet i am one to contend with, never give up so easily, remember losing begins when 1 fails to conteplate victory...

if u cant c it in your mind u never will...

think back, its important to remember that u can play the game at a tourney level, and with a little practice ull get it. conquer yourself 1st then others will soon fall before u....

look at me i have not really played at a tourney level yet i am still on par with neo. so dont give up yet

face me then give up lol <--- :P
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »
MvC1 and Mvc2 are completely different games though. Being good in one (and the corollary, being bad at one) doesn't translated into being good (or bad) at the other. Justin Wong is the no.1 MvC2 player at the game, virtually since it came out, but he was maybe no.5 at best at MvC1. Likewise, the no.1 MvC1 player, Eddie Lee, was never able to dominate at MvC2 like in MvC1.

In fact, I know of no top player who is/was equally dominant at both games: It's either one or the other.

re: Mags

I may be able to run roughshod occasionally with Magneto, but trust me, it's not because my Magneto is actually good. My Mags improved up to September 2000, and never improved since. To this day, I still can't perform basic air combos into Tempest with more than about 50% regularity. If I'm having a good day I might go up to 70-80%, but that's still pretty bad for a "basic" Magneto combo.

And his more advanced stuff? Like Triangle dash setups? Air throw resets? Jump Cancel s.HP, c.HK? ROM infinites? Forget it. My fingers simply can't move that fast. This isn't a case of stuff that I've forgotten or can no longer do, it's stuff I was never able to pull off. Mind you, it's primarily because I've never owned the game and have only played it sporadically since mid 2001 (which was my peak in the game, competitive-wise), but still.

The fact remains, Magneto is a character that requires reflexes and coordination that I lack. I can barely do his beginner stuff, far less the intermediate or advanced stuff. I can still win with him if the opponent is sufficient bad enough or if I can overwhelm the opponent with Mag's speed and mavouerability alone, but I'll lose to any more even slightly more dextrous since he's a liability for me. As I said, I think I need to stick to a more brainless team, like Watts. :/

I once came this close to beating an entire team (full life) with Strider/Doom with a few pixels of life each. And in Mvc1, I used to beat entire teams with near dead Strider all the time. I suspect, barring a few flashes of brilliance, those days are long behind me now.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
Well, in any case, I'm laying out another sweat again, this time for the 13th.
If 'ring rust' is a problem, I think 3 weeks should be ample time to get back into the feel of the game.

JD, think you can make this one?
I'm dying to let loose the 'Gears of War'....if you catch my drift.

Offline Ultima

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • PS2, PS3
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Sweatage! (NEW DATE! Saturday 12th January, 2008)
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »
rb:

Is Jav still having something on the 30th? Maybe we could set up some Ac then. I most say though, I suck horribly at this game. Wow, I feel utterly stupid and lost just playing the game. :(

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
Yeah they are having something, although I dunno how much space the place has now, its now just one room. I was just talking to Imperial about sweating on sunday , although I won't be able to bring a ps2 with me.

I'll let you know via email.

Offline Jdcrys_Shinkuu

• Kage
  • Chakra 1
  • A Samurai That Serves The 1 True King Jesus Christ
    • PS3 / Wii / PC
    • View Profile
    • D Tech CyberWorld
  • CPU: Intel QuadCore 2.8Ghz / ASUS Striker II Extreme
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 560Ti
  • RAM: 8.0 Ghz DDR3
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 06:45:55 PM »
13th Hmmm Sounds interesting... btw i have No idea of what you speak... but know this, you will need your practice... The year of the IRONMAN is coming.... *laughs histerically* then *stares down ultima* lol

btw Happi Holidayz dudes have a great new year....:P
The world of the gods lies unburied in our minds.
There are no Pacts between Lions & Men...

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »
Actually, the 12th. I had to re-check my calendar.
Anyway, just bumping this up as a reminder to anybody interested (because even I forgot about this thread).

Offline Q

• Kage
  • Chakra 33
  • The Badass Leader of Team Trini Dai-Gurren
    • SEGA Master System, NES, GB, GBA, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Team Trini Dai-Gurren
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 02:24:38 AM »
*As of late, I've been practising like a beast in this game...*
I can tell. We HAVE fought before, NEO, and I had a considerable tally over you that time. That was MONTHS ago, maybe even early 2007. I can't even remember which squad I used.

TODAY, you were VERY different. (I was the accidental Spider-Man.) You always had good offense with Rock/Roll but your defense was PHENOMENAL. Six of the 10 matches you beat me ended by time out. My defense isn't that shabby either but I just couldn't crack that wall. Even though I think I was the only person you had to throw for the evening (I'm flattered, btw), your defense was obviously the greater.
I have also become a bit soft (Hey, if YOU had to fight plebs WEEK AFTER WEEK, you'd soften too.) I'll DEFINITELY have to get my A+ game back. The only REAL fight I get is against the Wolverine/Strider you fought and the WM/Gold WM (JD) and that isn't very often. He's hardly around. When he is, it's good. When he's not, well... I mostly get bored. In fact, the Wolverine/Strider and I were the only ppl that I saw that actually beat you for the day so you know the standard of warfare that exists right now..

Now that I see you have returned with a renewed vigor, I MUST act in kind. Wherever you disappeared to, the rest evidently did you WELL. That's also why when the others tried to hate on you, I couldn't allow it in good conscience. Simply put, you were just too tough a nut to crack today. I give where it's due and I honestly couldn't "bad-talk" your style. It's a FIREWALL.

I'm nobody's fan boy but I'm no hater and I hope that what I'm saying is seen for what it is: Due credit.

Looks like my retirement will have to wait a while...
 :cowboy: *Re-bucklin' gunbelt...*

Thanx for a reason to start back training, NEO, and although I'll miss the 12th, there will be others and I intend to be fighting fit when lightning strikes.

Gunning for you with fighter's respect,
Q.

HEY... Just who the HELL do you think I am?

Rest In Pixels, bitches.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
Hey, Q. Glad you could stop by-

TODAY, you were VERY different.

Holy CRAP. You mean.....I actually did face you today?
Whoa. I didn't even know that, to be honest.
Personally, I was looking out for somebody playing Ryu/Mega Man or Strider Hiryu, just like in your combo videos. Anyway, good games. It was an honour to face you in battle, and you proved to be a very worthy adversary. Me being a chatterbox aside. :P

Looks like my retirement will have to wait a while...
  *Re-bucklin' gunbelt...*

Indeed, it does, partner. Indeed, it does.

In any case, as long as you're here, maybe we can discuss something concerning combo videos?
You see, I'm currently training to release one myself eventually, and I'd like some advice concerning that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:30:07 AM by New_Era_Outlaw »

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal