Author Topic: Hey guys welcome  (Read 25796 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: Hey guys welcome
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
rofl @ oil dong.

and crixx, body builders do the cardio only after achieving their target mass to get the chiseled look.
Not recommended while in the bulking stage for best results for the reasons exar identified above.

Again, that's only for those lookin to build mass eh. If you're talking about health, your approach is definitely better.

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
What are the dangers of Nitrotech and Celltech EK?

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
i use muscle milk,i cant remember if its body glow, its ground floor long circular mall.
is optimim gold or whatever an egg whey suppliment? cause the shop in long circular has one that delivers 55g of protein per serving with egg whey, thats really awesome.

How can you say point 3 is nonsense?
Athletes from different sports have different bodies, i buy my issues of muscle mag, not online.
A footballer, swimmer, baseball, long distance runner, rock climber so on and so forth ALL HAVE DIFFERENT MUSCLE BUILDS!!!

your not going to see a brock lesner type mound of muscle running long distance, or see him being a pro swimmer *sigh* dont know why yu thought to attack this.

As for the super slow sets, well, muscle mag put it into very good perspective from renowned, as in world renowned, body builders and speak of its benefits, like i said ill scan it and post it to give a better idea of what iam talking about but you CANNOT TELL ME THAT IT DOESNT WORK
IF IVE BEEN DOING IT, AND ITS BEEN WORKING!!

the point of the visualisation as i call it, is not to simply do a set slowly you know, its not like iam taking my time for no reason.

The point of the visualisation, is for me to do an isolation exercise, without involving the auxillary muscles, so like for a bench press, i focus on pulling my elbows together with my chest muscles, this means i use very little bicep strength to raise the weight off my chest, and i can feeeeeeeeel the muscle fibres in my chest all pulling their merry way.

SOme one, anyone, take the time, right now
pick up a dumbell or some weight and do a bicep curl right now.

but instead of merely just LIFTING THE WEIGHT
visual your bicep curling and pulling yur forearm towards yur shoulder.
THat creates a very tight curled muscle and BELIEVE ME, you feel that alot more than simply lifting the weight.

YOur body only grows muscle when it recieves signals that your current muscles mass is not sufficient to perform the work that you need it to do.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:09:22 PM by Crixx_Creww »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
Before ppl go at each others throat let me just interject and say that different routines work for different body types and goal sets. That being said, you CANNOT discredit the Placebo effect either. Not saying that anyones training regiment is as such, but for those strange ones out there it's a possibility that's been medically proven. Carry on.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
as they said in the magazine, if you curl your muscles in that way, you can do bicep curls, with as little weight as a pen, and yur muscles will feel that burn.

think bout it, yu can lift yur arm no scene, no effort
but if yu visualise curling yur bicep intensely, it feels as if yu have just exerted a whole bunch of effort to lift your arm, which is what happens when you, you know, lift weights.

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
I'll admit, that one of the reasons I also encouraged pplto post pics to encourage others with proof of their progress, is exactly that. There are alot of KNOW-IT-ALLS but the proof is in the pudding. Pics (unless photoshopped) Don't lie. So for those that boast of dramatic results doing X-Y-Z, put your money where your mouth is, inherently hopefully it will also encourage others to be more proactive about their health.

All the supplements and training instructors and advice in the WORLD won't help you if you're not MOTIVATED, DEDICATED and STRICT enough to do WHAT IT TAKES, regardless of what it is specifically that works best for you!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »
It's funny you should say that Crixx, two instructors told me the same thing but I didn't take them seriously.

Later I found out that one of them actually won several body building events in Trinidad. Gave their advice a little more consideration after (though still a bit skeptical, lol). Mind over matter iwmc.

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »
Jah i feeling shame oui

this week i real slack off in gym, was pretty much dedicated for most of year,

but work had me level tired to bones beat.... :shakehead:

good to see men taking fitness so serious, allyuh motivate me oui, GG

my two cents...brute force and ignorance...

and umm watch yuh diet...

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 08:39:17 PM »
What are the dangers of Nitrotech and Celltech EK?

Not dangerous. But they're expensive and do nothing particularly special.
I dunno if they've changed their formula but I remember having tried Nitrotech several years ago and it mixed and tasted like s***.

How can you say point 3 is nonsense?
Athletes from different sports have different bodies, i buy my issues of muscle mag, not online.
A footballer, swimmer, baseball, long distance runner, rock climber so on and so forth ALL HAVE DIFFERENT MUSCLE BUILDS!!!

That's just a matter of the muscle they choose to develop. However your muscle shape is determined by genetics. There are different fibres in the muscle, fast twitch and slow twitch that can be encouraged to grow using different rep combinations but growth is still growth. No matter how many different ways you train your biceps they're gonna grow the exact same way.
Maybe I misinterpreted what you said, but it sounded to me like you were saying that training a muscle in different ways will make it grow differently. That's crazy talk. if your shoulders are perfectly circular there is no way you can train to make them oval or something. Dumb example but that's the gist of it.

As for the super slow sets, well, muscle mag put it into very good perspective from renowned, as in world renowned, body builders and speak of its benefits, like i said ill scan it and post it to give a better idea of what iam talking about but you CANNOT TELL ME THAT IT DOESNT WORK
IF IVE BEEN DOING IT, AND ITS BEEN WORKING!!

Anything is better than nothing. I'm not saying it doesn't do something. But it's been scientifically proven to not be better than established training methods.
Yes it may have worked for you but you can't say that it worked better than an identical program using conventional lifting methodology, can you?
About the pro bodybuilders I suggest you not study them too much. These guys are both genetically gifted and of course juiced like crazy. Ronnie Coleman's routine is most certainly not the routine we want to be using. Just as their gaining/cutting cycles are not the ones we want to be using. From this:

to this

isn't going to happen without killer genetics and anabolic help. Yes those are real pics of Lee Priest on bulk and then after he cut off the fat. It's more or less a standard bodybuilder bulking phase with those killer cutting results possible due to anabolics.

And I agree with you about the visualization thing. Intensity is key. Anyone can just go through the motions, but working with intensity adds that bit extra.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »
see
now we understand each other a bit better

i wasnt trying to say that lifting at right angles will make your muscles grow in triangles lol

and about visualization vs other training methods

when i was younger, i trained for maybe 2 years at a gym
lost about 5 pounds
while i was on stacker 2 as well
went thru the motions

i got stronger, but not built, not fit

now though :) now iam getting somewhere

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »
Not dangerous. But they're expensive and do nothing particularly special.
I dunno if they've changed their formula but I remember having tried Nitrotech several years ago and it mixed and tasted like s***.
Muscletech spends a good deal of the profits of their products to do product refreshes. I can say with 100% certainty that it tastes better than many out there i've tried (save the Strawberry, thats an aquired taste). And it works well. I know a few ppl that take it and they have had noticeable gains. I also have been using it a while now and I can say it works. I've tasted muscle milk, pretty good but difficult to get in south.

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
The thing is that they could probably have had those same gains using a cheaper powder. There's basically two situations where protein needs to be taken, post workout and for regular supplementation. For both purposes you can get better results from other products, cheaper too.

Also all those fancy buzz words Muscletech uses, absolute nonsense.
What is Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology?

Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology™ represents a true breakthrough in harnessing the power of nanoparticulation for rapid protein delivery. Nanoparticulation is the technical process of reducing a compound to microscopic size to initiate rapid absorption. Collaborating with Team MuscleTech™ researchers, leading experts in nanoparticulation worked to create a micron-size, ultra-absorbable compound for the revolutionary Nitro-Tech® Hardcore formula.

Using pneumatic and jet milling systems, researchers were able to reduce a precise portion of whey protein in Nitro-Tech Hardcore to two to 50 microns. That's up to 7,400 percent smaller than the protein particles found in regular whey protein products! The result is a nanoparticulated compound specifically engineered to dramatically speed up the rate of absorption for explosive muscle growth.

Oh stfu muscletech.

Edit: I should mention, this whole milling process they tout where they make the powder so fine and whatnot. When I first bought Nitro I tasted a bit of the powder by itself. Got in my throat, stuck there and started wicking the moisture out of it. Started choking immediately. Never me and that stuff again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:47:05 PM by Exar_Kun »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:44 AM »
as far as product propaganda goes, its the same as  in the tech world

yu dont listen to their hype, yu find trusted expert reviews, preferably ones not focusing on any one brand, but  testing the product against other products and not by brand. so yu know from the get go if any brand of this type of product is just nonsense or not.

Ive done my research and i know why i use the products i do.

perfect example is hydroxy cut
highly advertised and widely used, but in a  round up of weight loss products, it places about 4th in terms of efficacy, but the creators know how to advertise so they are winning in terms of sales.
The real way to get the best out of weight loss pills is to take them in conjunction with diff met enhancers.

you can get results quicker that way so in the long run yu can actually spend less money by using more products over a shorter time span.

pills have their dangers, so the shorter yu use them the better, and when yu start getting results, :) thats motivation for just being ignorant an start chess pressing yuh couch when yuh family on it while watching smallville. lol

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 08:21:03 AM »
Edit: I should mention, this whole milling process they tout where they make the powder so fine and whatnot. When I first bought Nitro I tasted a bit of the powder by itself. Got in my throat, stuck there and started wicking the moisture out of it. Started choking immediately. Never me and that stuff again.
If i'm not mistaken there is a warning on the label that addresses that particular problem... O_o I always use a blender for any supplement I take. Also as far as the nanomolecular dispersion is concerned, it's not BS, if you've ever seen Muscletech Nano Vapour, i've first hand seen why there is a warning on the label that says let sit for x minutes before opening container, the damn thing literally vapourizes if you don't. You may argue that you can get similar gains with cheaper products but like anything else, its a bit more reassuring that the company from which you're feeding yourself puts proper funding behind its product. That's like saying I COULD buy a BMW but the Honda civic will get me from point A to point B just the same way. Both good vehicles but there is a definite difference in the quality of the R&D and build of materials isn't there. Anywhos, I agree with crixx in that you need to be careful with ANY product you take, make sure to research the COMPANY that manufactures it and not just the PR BS on the product label or word of mouth.

Now onto something of more consequence. What product do you take EK and what are the price ranges and alternatives of which you speak. I use Nitrotech and I used to use Designer Weigh. Animal Stack as a multivitamin is used by many that I know and I use Centrum Performance atm. Relative prices:
Nitrotech: 2lb $315; 5lb $520
Animal Stack: $1.50 per serving (last I checked)
Centrum Performance: $95
Designer Weigh: 2lb $275 (last I checked which was a WHILE ago)

I would be very interested in seeing the comparative prices in other parts of T&T.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 08:59:33 AM »
kool well lets take that on as a lil endeavour

ill check the place in long circular mall
starlight drugs
and bio fitness gym

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
I use Optimum Nutrition Whey. I believe it runs at around $450 for the 5lb. Body Glow cardholders get another 5% off that, and if you get them on the discount days you'll get another 10% on that.
I only use ON for my supplementary protein atm, but I intend to keep on using it.

I'm also using Muscle Milk and Cytogainer, but only because I've still got some left from last year (i didn't use this year when I was cutting).
The new supplement I've started using for my post workout shake is called Surge Recovery. Nutritionally it's about perfect for post workout, I don't think there's any other product with the quality of ingredients as this stuff. However I order this from the US. Surge is USD $32.99 for 3lbs. Free shipping to my skybox. Add 15% VAT, 20% duty,then skybox handling. So it runs about the same as the 2lb Nitrotech. For post workout though, it beats it left and right. Perfect proportion of maltodextrin, dextrose, whey hydrolysate (fastest absorbing whey) and also BCAAs.

I also take whatever creatine I can find. The only place I can find creatine monohydrate powder is the pharmacy in TruValu Trincity Mall. $130 for 500 grams.

I'll do a write up on post workout shakes tomorrow. There's certain things you really need in them to make the most of your workout. Unfortunately I don't have a friggin clue where to get the stuff is usable quantities in T&T which is why I buy Surge. I'll write that tomorrow.

Edit: About Cell-Tech
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:16:10 PM by Exar_Kun »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »

Straight off the Bottle:
WARNING: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
http://www.muscletech.com/products/nitrotech_hardcore/faq_suppfacts.shtml
*W1nTry raises finger...* nvm...

Edit: About Cell-Tech
Any time you have a creatine product as good as Cell-Tech Hardcore in your system, it's going to help with your performance and strength. Supplementing with Cell-Tech Hardcore, I notice increased strength, muscle fullness, and size. Cell-Tech Hardcore is the best and there is no comparison.
- Jay Cutler, Mr. Olympia

I’ve been in the bodybuilding business for many years, and with Cell-Tech Hardcore, I’ve really found something that actually works for me the way it says it does. There’s no comparison. Cell-Tech Hardcore is the best on the market because it gives you exactly what you need after a workout – muscle gains.
- Darrem Charles, 8-Time IFBB Pro Champion
http://www.muscletech.com/products/celltech_hardcore/testimonials.shtml
I'd be inclined to listen to Mr. Olympia and our local bodybuilding celeb as opposed to said forum.

All that aside, Crixx any update on pricing in north??? anyone???
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:09:53 PM by W1nTry »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 01:32:31 AM »
iam heading gym in the morning
ill do the pricing for the gym
and then ill check the pharmacy in west mall and the one at star light

then sometime later ill do longcircular

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2008, 06:08:11 PM »
I'd be inclined to listen to Mr. Olympia and our local bodybuilding celeb as opposed to said forum.

You mean you'd be more inclined to listen to paid endorsers over people that objectively analyze the products. That's a good way to waste money.
Any company can find some steroid freak to say good things about their stuff. I'm sure there's jacked guys all around saying good thing about Nos or some other junk.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
    • Atari 2600.
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »
have a problem with NO?

you dont seem to like scientific advancements very much exar.. hmm

anyways

i went to lcm on thursday and bought a 5lb bottle of GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY from ON.

cost $565 but body glow has a 15% discount on the last weds an thurs of every month, so i got that off, pretty nice.

Vanilla icecream flavoured, very nice for shakes.

I then went and bought a magic bullet blender for $300 from some dry cleaner.

Currently experimenting on the perfect shake.

Doing some research and checking the tube for recipe advises.

Guess ill create a sub forum for food and shakes =^_^=

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal