Author Topic: 5 Notorious Game Glitches....  (Read 1251 times)

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
5 Notorious Game Glitches....
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/05/the-5-most-notorious-multiplayer-gaming-glitches/

The 5 Most Notorious Multiplayer Gaming Glitches
Posted by Stephen Totilo on 2/5/09 at 7:00 pm.

Our Multiplayer intern and multiplayer gaming expert, Sal Basile, is back for another piece about glitchy online games. Today, he’s got a list of his five most notorious multiplayer glitches — and info on what the developers and gamers did about them.

by Sal Basile

No other game has made me so enraged, so filled with hate, and yet, kept me coming back for more, as a little game called “Counter-Strike“. When “Counter-Strike” first came out, it was a haven for the cheaters using aimbots (which guided their bullets right into my skull), glitchers doing the bunny hop (which allowed them to fly over my head), and exploiters who would freeze the game so I couldn’t move (but they could).

Many gamers share this love-hate relationship for “Counter-Strike”, which is one of the best online first-person shooters of its day — when people aren’t cheating, that is.

Here are my Top 5 Most Notorious Multiplayer Glitches:

5. Game: “SOCOM US NAVY Seals”
Platform: Playstation 2
Developer: Zipper Interactive
Glitch: No Ladder Clipping

Then: “SOCOM” was released on August 27, 2002, and was the first online shooter to use the Playstation 2’s network adapter. The Ladder glitch allowed players to slide down out of the boundaries of the map. While outside the boundaries, all solid objects appeared to be invisible and players could shoot through walls.

Now: Zipper never addressed “SOCOM”’s online play, leaving its players to be walked all over by glitchers. In addition to the numerous glitches throughout the game, online play did not have any cheat protection, allowing players to log on with Gameshark or Action Replay activated. No protection against this lead to cheaters with infinite health, ammo, and even the ability to fly. “SOCOM 2” used the DNAS to prevent cheaters from logging on, but this was bypassed shortly. “SOCOM 3” had the same problem. Now, with the recent release of “SOCOM: Confrontation” on the PS3, the cheat codes are gone, but the glitches are still rampant, leaving an all to familiar bad taste in SOCOM players’ mouths.

4. Game: “Super Smash Brothers Melee”
Platform: Gamecube
Developer: HAL Laboratory
Glitch: Wave-Dashing

Then: Shortly after the Gamecube’s launch, “Melee” was released on December 2, 2001. Although the game had no online play, “Super Smash Brothers Melee” quickly became Nintendo’s flagship fighting game. Wave-dashing is a glitch that allowed players to slide across the floor at quick speeds. Using this glitch made it easier for players to link together moves for combos or dodge enemy attacks.

Now: Like “Halo 3“’s removal of a beloved glitch in its predecessor (see below), Nintendo released “Super Smash Brothers Brawl,” which removed the Wave-Dashing glitch. This made tournament players angry but welcomed a larger crowd to its pick-up and play atmosphere.

3. Game: “Marvel vs. Capcom”
Platform: Arcade
Developer: Capcom
Glitch: Wolverine Infinite Combo Glitch

Then: Released in arcades everywhere on January 23, 1998, “Marvel vs. Capcom” became a favorite amongst arcade junkies. Many characters were capable of performing their own unbreakable infinite combos with the right dexterity and speed, but Wolverine’s was the most easily-performed in the middle of a match. After killing an opponent’s first character a player needed to stand behind the spawn point of an opponent’s second character. There, Wolverine could achieve an at least a 99-hit unbreakable combo. Using the three different punch buttons — combined with dashing — Wolverine’s animation could be cut short so his position would not be reset after an attack. This allowed for constant combos to be done without the character being pushed back to his original attack position.

Now: “Marvel vs. Capcom 2” was released on March 30, 2000 with all the infinite combo capabilities intact. Like The BxR “Halo” supporters, and the Wave-dashers of “Smash Brothers”, “Marvel vs. Capcom” players have agreed infinite combos are a part of the game and most competitive players believe to be considered competitive you must be able to do them.

2. Game: “Goldeneye 007″
Platform: Nintendo 64
Developer: Rareware
Glitch: Invisible Mines

Then: “Goldeneye” revolutionized first person shooters on August 25, 1997. Its smooth gameplay and multiplayer deathmatch modes were a marvel of its time. This glitch allowed players to visually remove mines from where they placed them even thought the game still recorded the position as if they were still there. By putting mines on ammo boxes and then picking the ammo box up the mine becomes invisible, while still being able to be detonated.

Now: “Goldeneye”’s spiritual successor, “Perfect Dark,” also had this same glitch but with more dangerous outcomes. Using turrets that could stick to glass players could place floating turrets that hovered in mid-air. These turrets did not, however, become invisible.

1. Game: “Halo 2″
Platform: Xbox
Developer: Bungie Studios
Glitch: BxR

Then: Released on November 9th, 2004, “Halo 2” brought the joys of the first “Halo”’s multiplayer to Xbox Live. The BxR glitch was known by all competitive “Halo 2″ players. It is the button combination to instantly kill another player. While using a Battle Rifle, meleeing someone (B), hitting the reload button (X), and then shooting them (R) instantly kills that player. Hitting the X button canceled out the melee animation, allowing to melee and shoot in a single motion.

Now: With the release of “Halo 3,” most “Halo” lovers now stick with playing “Halo” on the next-gen system. “Halo 3″ removed the BxR glitch from the game, adhering more to that casual gamer rather than its competitive followers. Many lovers of “Halo 2″ were enraged by this, defending the glitch, claiming it was a tactical skill to be able to do it correctly. Bungie, however, agreed it was a glitch and took it out for the third game.

Carigamers

5 Notorious Game Glitches....
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Re: 5 Notorious Game Glitches....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:37:45 AM »
lol, what do you think of competitive players wanting to keep those glitches???

I think an infinite is unfair in any game, regardless of the difficulty in executing it.

As was that bxr in halo.

Crouch lean in SOF2 was another notorious glitch. That would reduce the hit box of your character to the size of a peanut. Bullets used to just fly past your avatar like you were neo in the matrix once you executed that crouch lean rubbish.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »
crouch lean was indeed epic
and the few, like rommel who could mc crouch lean and jump with a shotgun was just ridiculous ish!

that golden eye glitch was actually to place the mine on an ammo box, shoot the ammo box and split it in two, then pick up the box and the mines would be invisible and remain on the original box. Also the floating turret could be done with prox mines on breakable glass as well, throw proggie and shatter glass right after and the mine would float in mid air, near invisible like.

Steups @ men who insist infinites is skill, nonsense.

Like that horrid infinite air combo in xmen vs street fight. THat game is FLAWLESS except for that rubbish.
Could turn a truely competition worthy game into a nonsensical oh who goin an get float into infinite first retardo match seriously so stupid.

I love the hell out of that game, have been playing it since form 1 and never stopped loving it, truely my first true arcade love. But now i go to the arcade and beat most people, and then real competition comes along and the match quickly devolves into.. oh.. hmm you good and have good timing and knowledge of when and where to place hits.. think ill just float and infinite lalalala i win. stueps. rubbish.

Even the sabertooth near death combo is acceptable because you hadda be absent minded to be caught in it and then there is still the chance of teching out of it if your fast and skilled enough. but the  infinite air. rubbish.

The MvC issue is a whole nother bag yes. Men think its an acceptable play style.. but its too simple to even be fun.. seriously.

Carigamers

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal