Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 554421 times)

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
  • =[PT]= 4 LiFe AKA PuBlIc TeRrORiSt
    • PS3 PS4
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel I7 3820 @ 3.6 GHZ
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3-1600
  • Broadband:
  • Origin ID: NotNiCett
  • PSN: Notnice_own_u
  • Steam: [PT] Stkrdknmibalz ™
Battlefield 3
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Wallpaper for the above pic
Sizes available
- 1920x1200
- 1920x1080 (1080p)
- 1680x1050
- 1280x720 (720p)

Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:
• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

*******UPDATE*******

Will update this post with the latest trailers

Looks like news of bf3 might be hitting us soon.

article from gamingunion.net on Battlefield 3.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hasn't even hit retail shelves yet, but already there's been sparse talk of the inevitable release of Battlefield 3. In an interview with Fredrik Liliegren, the CEO of DICE from 1988 to 2000, and Studio Manager of DICE Canada from 2001 to 2006, Liliegren told GamingUnion.net what he could about Battlefield 3.

Gaming Union: How do you think the Battlefield series has developed since you left DICE?

Liliegren: Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

I mean Battlefield Heroes is something that we talked about back when even Jeff [Evans] was working at DICE, in regards of taking Battlefield into a micro-transaction type model. We actually worked on that initial prototype for that here in Canada, just to see how we would split it up from a design standpoint.

I think for the console side, the first outing on [Xbox] 360 and PS2 and Xbox was really weak because we didn't have a single player experience. I think that Bad Company 2 is going to be really good because I think these guys are really smart and they learned the lesson. What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.

GU: Even after 3 years?

Liliegren: That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience.

Considering Liliegren no long works for DICE, his opinion of the game is likely a lot more honest than you'd hear from any current executive. DICE has themselves confirmed that they've been developing Battlefield 3 for some years.

Will the next Battlefield game be mind blowing? Rumor also has it that will have the Frostbite 2 engine. After all these years of little leaks about the game, would you expect it to be anything less than a hit?

Rumor: Battlefield 3 to go Multi-Platform

The former CEO of DICE, Frederick Liljegren, wouldn't be too surprised if the next installment of the Battlefield series, Battlefield 3, found its way onto the consoles in addition to a PC release. While, obviously, this is merely speculation on the part of a former CEO of the company, there is some basis in his statements.

During his time with DICE, Frederick Liljegren worked on the PC side of things, but reports that the franchise was likely moving towards console releases when, or if, the next Battlefield segment rolled out due to declining numbers of PC users (though Battlefield 3 will still be available for PC).

While details are still transparent, at best, surrounding the new release, judging by the tone of the press release given by Liljegren, be prepared to have your mind blown.

Again, nothing is confirmed so far as Battlefield 3 is concerned. Just sit tight and wait for official details to be revealed about the game that every Battlefield fan is eagerly waiting for.

Also available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40834ttlefield-32-Battlefield/dp/B005WWZUQ0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327846049&sr=8-3

War fund  :happy0203:

You can donate to keep the =[PT]= server running here...

" border="0

PayPal only

SPECIAL INCENTIVE!!!

Donate at least 5 US per month, and you get a permanent reserve slot for that month.
A permanent slot means that you always get to play when you join the server.  No more waiting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:59:18 PM by Notnice »

Carigamers

Battlefield 3
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:14:06 PM »
"That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience."   :happy0203:
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
Lol yup that was the best line ever

Offline Agokillya

• Global Moderator
  • Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, XBOX One
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: Agokillya
  • XBL: Agokillya
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:12:20 PM »
Never played a single Battlefield before, only the Bad Company series. Judging from my experience with both Bad Company games I'm very interested to see what Battlefield 3 has to offer, especially if it goes multi platform.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
"That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience."   :happy0203:

LOL that line jus make arcman day right dey
looking forward to it if it goes Multiplat

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »

Offline blood-lust

• Genin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz / Intel Core i5-3570K (4x3.4GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
  • GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 550 Ti FPB 1024mb / ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • RAM: 8192 mb / Corsair 4x2GB DDR3-1600
  • Origin ID: BlooD||LusT
  • Steam: vizar1990
  • XBL: BloodApocalypse
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
i've only blayed bfbc2 and a demo of bf2 but there bother modern day warfare based games only difference is dat bfbc2 had a campaign so i'm guessing it's prob gonna be an improved version of bc2

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:05 AM »
I see they mentioned that pc numbers are dwindling, but it is impossible to convince me that all the consoles combined have a BCBC2 player base that's anywhere near that of the PC.

In that light, how on earth bf3 could possibly a console game. BF is the new cod oui, what Modern Warfare wished it could be.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:26:07 AM by Captain Awesome »

Offline blood-lust

• Genin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz / Intel Core i5-3570K (4x3.4GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »
according 2 the bfbc2 stats page even combing the number of players on both consoles wouldn't add up to the number of players on the pc

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
Bf3 looks like it's coming  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1109659p1.html most like that new might be fake but hope it's not

EDIT IT'S real

http://www.ea.com/1/beta
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:16:49 PM by Notodd1991 »

Offline AvatarTT

• Kage
  • Chakra 83
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7-4790k
  • GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • Origin ID: BloodyAvatar
  • PSN: BloodyAvatar
  • Steam: AvatarTT
  • XBL: AvatarTT
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »
Bf3 looks like it's coming  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1109659p1.html most like that new might be fake but hope it's not

EDIT IT'S real

Awesome. Hope some site gives out free keys as usual. I really not feeling to buy MoH.
You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount.

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:53:25 PM »
Bf3 looks like it's coming  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1109659p1.html most like that new might be fake but hope it's not

EDIT IT'S real

Awesome. Hope some site gives out free keys as usual. I really not feeling to buy MoH.

They will

Offline blood-lust

• Genin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »
hope i get randomly selected for a beta like moh

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 12:32:53 AM »
Ah boy EA...nice one.

Love em or hate em...I can't knock their hustle.  I think they realise by now that the kind of pre-release buzz that was generated by the first Bad Company 2 just isn't there for Medal Of Honor.  Personally, I'm not having as much fun with the beta as I did with BC2.  Dare I say its kinda 'plain'?

I'm sorry, but BC2 has spoiled me.  The bar was raised to new heights
with that game, and the MP for MoH has been found wanting.

Still...I know I'm buying Battlefield 3 for sure, but early beta access sure would be nice. :happy0203:

Kudos to EA for making it multiplatform.

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »
  Im looking forward to it , All they need to do is take Bad Company 2's core gameplay and bring back Battlefield 2's range of vehicles , large maps and 64 player game modes.
          Destructable environments would make bombing aircraft truly deadly . I'd also like to see naval vessels make a return, maybe with some ship to ship combat as well
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »
Ah boy EA...nice one.

Love em or hate em...I can't knock their hustle.  I think they realise by now that the kind of pre-release buzz that was generated by the first Bad Company 2 just isn't there for Medal Of Honor.  Personally, I'm not having as much fun with the beta as I did with BC2.  Dare I say its kinda 'plain'?

I'm sorry, but BC2 has spoiled me.  The bar was raised to new heights
with that game, and the MP for MoH has been found wanting.

Still...I know I'm buying Battlefield 3 for sure, but early beta access sure would be nice. :happy0203:

Kudos to EA for making it multiplatform.

True That arc

And well you all know me the big Battlefield whore will get it 4 sure

Im looking forward to it , All they need to do is take Bad Company 2's core gameplay and bring back Battlefield 2's range of vehicles , large maps and 64 player game modes.
          Destructable environments would make bombing aircraft truly deadly . I'd also like to see naval vessels make a return, maybe with some ship to ship combat as well

We can hope ,but i don't see 64 players or big map or air combat with play because of the consoles.

Destructible environments might not make it in this bf3 if it has big maps.If they said they could not do it in bc2 (which is the same team doing bf3 i think) we will not see big maps,But it's dice and dice can do almost anything thing.

But i hope it's not a port like bc2 was (which it is going to be),so let just hope and pray this a a real battlefield game.

Btw
Consoles are killing us from having good pc games.(well at least these consoles that are out)

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
Here's what we know so far about bf3 (Found this a the ea forums)

" Information on Battlefield 3 has been very scarce the past few years but there have been actual confirmations from EA and DICE employees over the years with its fair share of rumors to go with it.

Confirmation:
- As early as November 2007, EA registered the web domain www.battlefield3.com. This coincides with rumors that Battlefield 3 was in development since as early as 2006. (If those rumors are to be believed, and BF3 is due out in 2011 or 2012, that would put BF3 in a 5 to 6 year development cycle.)

- June 11th 2009: During financial presentation, EA COO John Pleasants reveals DICE is already hard at work on a new installment in its core Battlefield franchise, due sometime during publisher’s next fiscal year. Pleasants told analysts during a question-and-answer session. “We are putting a real concentrated effort behind [our] (shooter) titles. Battlefield happens to be one of them…I’ve had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE over in Sweden. I was highly impressed by the way the people were working on that product. That’s not for this fiscal year [ending March 31, 2010], but that is a product that is looking very good.”

The Insider Interview:

- Feb 2010: In an interview with Fredrik Liliegren, the CEO of DICE from 1988 to 2000, and Studio Manager of DICE Canada from 2001 to 2006, Liliegren told GamingUnion.net what he could about Battlefield 3.

Gaming Union: How do you think the Battlefield series has developed since you left DICE?
Liliegren: Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

I think for the console side, the first outing on 360 and PS2 and Xbox was really weak because we didn't have a single player experience. I think that Bad Company 2 is going to be really good because I think these guys are really smart and they learned the lesson. What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.

GU: Even after 3 years?
Liliegren: That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience.
Considering Liliegren no long works for DICE, his opinion of the game is likely a lot more honest than you'd hear from any current executive. DICE has themselves confirmed that they've been developing Battlefield 3 for some years.

Personal note: Notice how he differentiates the Battlefield 3 PC version – almost as if it’s a separate entity from the others?

The Beta announcement and reaction

-July 30th 2010: EA announced that purchasers of the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will receive an invitation to the beta. There is no date to when the beta starts but will most likely begin in Early to Mid 2011.

- News of BF3 going fully multiplatform sends shockwaves thru the internet. PC gamers think the worst and everyone is quick to jump to their own conclusions. The game hasn’t even been shown in any form. And no official details have ever been released.

- July 31st 2010: Alan Kertz (Battlefield developer) aka Demize99 tweets: “Battlefield 3: Lessons in Unorthodox Game Announcements.” A humorous response to the massive backlash and fan assumptions with the news of the multiplatform beta.

The initial BF3 rumors:

- Set in modern day (just like BF2)
- 40 players PER team. 40 vs 40 battles.
- Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
- Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
- Same “ticket-based” [conquest] gameplay style as before
- BF3 Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
- Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
- Will feature 48 different BF3 vehicles (24 for each faction)
- Will feature 34 different BF3 weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
- Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
- Battlefield 3 Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
- “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
- Battlefield 3 Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
- In-game replay and recording feature
- VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
- Built in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
- Widows Vista and OS X
- A map is mentioned by name, called “Baghdad Burning”, and appears to be a massive urban map, similar to BF2’s very popular “Strike at Karkand”.
- Among the leaked features are some impressively large numbers: 56 total weapons, 48 total vehicles, and most stupefying of all, 40 vs. 40 battles. With teams that big, it's no wonder they're also reportedly adding a new tier to the squad mechanics introduced in Battlefield 2. Squads and the commander role return, but now three or four squads will form a battalion.

Final Personal Note

All signs point to Battlefield 3 being DICE's absolute master work. With a dev cycle of 4+ (possibly 6) years, to all the past experience theyve gained, to building a brand new game engine in house for years, to ex-DICE employees' massive hype who have seen BF3 in action. Its a shame their baby got dumped on by the "reveal" when the beta news dropped (+ the fact that no one has even seen it!) - but I have no doubt they are just itching to finally show BF3 off to the world.

Sources:
http://www.gamingunion.net/news/battlefield-3-will-absolutely-blow-everyone-away--1075.html
http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09/breaking-battlefield-3-leaked-info/
http://www.battlefield3.biz/
www.planetbattlefield.com  "

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 04:29:16 AM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »
...and I was thinking of running a server for this...but If I'm not even getting any help to keep our EXISTING Battlefield server running...then what's the point?

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
...and I was thinking of running a server for this...but If I'm not even getting any help to keep our EXISTING Battlefield server running...then what's the point?

I think it's time to let go of the bc2 server the game is dieing out as you can see (almost) everyone stop playing the game.And there is plenty of other servers out there.

Offline Notnice

• Battlefield GURU
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 53
    • PS3 PS4
    • View Profile
  • Broadband:

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 04:18:42 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal