Author Topic: Bankai Sunday #?(On Haitus till we get more awesomer)  (Read 32627 times)

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
Re: GG RMK FAS!!! May 2nd, Godai Sunday Sweat #2.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
You know, I read through this thread and all of its posts, and I find nearly all of them really ironic.

For starters, the amount of people who said they were going to come to this and said they were going to make a presence....didn't even show up. I only found out about this yesterday (through Facebook), heard that MvC2 was going to be featured, and went over there. Let me tell ya...I didn't recognise anybody there (well...save for Sky and a couple others). I asked if anybody from GATT was there as yet, and one of the guys in charge of the thing said that "They're on their way, they should be here any minute now."

Said GATTers? Did NOT show up.

Not to sound rude here, but it speaks rather poorly of us when we couldn't be bothered to come show support. Or rather, it speaks far worse when we say 'We coming! We coming!' and then no-show the thing.

One of the organisers was a bit miffed about the whole thing (I heard 'Set-up man'), and this is a pretty lousy impression. Hell, had I known about this sooner, I'd have brought my PS3 or Wii to help the guys out.

I know that this day was the PNM rally day, and would therefore hamper a few from coming, but a few people still confirmed that they were going to this. And didn't show up. And if they did show up when I left at about 10:30 in the night, that's still not kosher.

Anyway, rant aside. Those organisers that were there were pretty accomodating, and were pretty nice people overall. There were a few games featured. When I arrived at about 4:00PM, the games being played were Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6 and a couple other games I can't recall (when I left, people were playing Rock Band and I even got a few games off in Mortal Kombat Armageddon (surprised?) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Street Fighter EX3.

Sadly, a few of the games advertised were not played. The one that got my goat was the absence of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Despite being assured that we'd play, it was never put on.

The place was very spacious, and I could imagine it being a great venue for tournaments overall.
There's even a nice area where gamers can shoot the breeze and relax, and for me, atmosphere like that is always a good thing.

Sadly, no Tekken pros (save for Sylvester, you guys know him as the most lethal Baek player you will EVER play against down here) showed up, much to the severe disappointment of the pro who did show up. Likewise, the mini-tournaments did not take off either (probably due to the lack of players overall for the games.) Don't get me wrong, it had a semi-decent turnout, but among those that were there, only a handful were serious gamers.

Personally, I think this would've gone off a lot better if it was promoted a LOT more.
I'm not talking about Facebook here...I mean flyers, word of mouth...the whole works.
Like I said, this topic failed to catch my attention. I only found out about this through a PM on Facebook.

Also, the event suffered from what I'd like to call 'Arena Syndrome', where several games were promised but only a fraction of it were delivered. With that said, I'd like to say that organisation is everything. Have specific times for specific games, and keep the number of games down to a handful.
3:00PM was also a bit dicey in terms of timing. I think it would've been better for the guys if this started at 12:00PM. That way, the games featured would have more than enough time to be put on display.

Yeah...my final thoughts on this is that the organisers that were there really tried their best, but the event was far from reaching the potential that it could have had if more people showed up, in particular, those that promised to be there but didn't come. Judging from what I was told, some of those that were supposed to come were supposed to help with the event.

I think I'm going to play a drinking game now on these forums.
Everytime somebody says, "I'll be coming for sure!" to the event and doesn't show up, take a drink.

Please, folks. Save my liver, because I'm pretty sure I'll be dead of alcohol poisoning if people do this everytime somebody with promise promotes an event on our door.

Carigamers

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 02:50:05 AM »
yeah, I was expecting a much larger turn out this week, judging by a quadrupling of confirmed guests on facebook over the last event.

Daemon's been doing an awesome job of promoting, so figure the rally could quite likely explain the no-shows.

Offline DaemonX

• Genin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »
sigh is all i could really say. For the second time in a row there was problem with the opening, we were down 1 screen and 2 projectors due to EXTREMELY POOR organization from the Godai folks. Yet i did the best i could with what i had, i'm so sorry we didnt run marvelvs capcom2; the ssf4 and rock band and mvc2 were all on that xbox and with the lack of screens i couldn't of even put up an xtra console to pick up the slack.

Regardless i've tried my hardest twice and failed, i wanted to create a place for all us gatters and gamers to congregate and duke it out a few times a month but atm we just don't seem to have the support. At this point i can say that more than likely i'll get ONE MORE SHOT at this most likely 2 weeks from now. If we can't get at least 100 gamers in the door, that'll be it and we can go back to ocasional tournaments, and random sweats.

Screw fb, fb is set up a**holeness crap, i will make an event again and we go run invites and ting but that really cyah be all, the trinigamers folk uninterested, gatters apparently uninterested, is there hope even with flyers and a gayelle youtube video that i can spam out? -.-
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:25:57 PM by New Era Outlaw »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
wa kinda PS3 shooters go be there
das all i care bout
team based shooters and a lil fifa

lemme know and i might pull through an teach some trinis how to own at other things tnat not named cod

Offline mailman166

• TriniTechSquad
  • Jonin
  • Chakra -31
  • www.facebook.com/gadgetgurutt
    • Gamecube, Sega Genesis, NES
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750
  • GPU: ATI 4670 Radeon 1gig
  • RAM: 2*2 Corsair XMS DDR2 800
  • Broadband: FLOW
Re: GODAI Sweat #2 OVER, But will there be a #3?
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
Do u really think raising the cover from 30 -40 $ gonna increase your crowd flow???

Carigamers

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline mailman166

• TriniTechSquad
  • Jonin
  • Chakra -31
  • www.facebook.com/gadgetgurutt
    • Gamecube, Sega Genesis, NES
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750
  • GPU: ATI 4670 Radeon 1gig
  • RAM: 2*2 Corsair XMS DDR2 800
  • Broadband: FLOW
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 10:54:45 PM »
Gotta get a hook ... Like a door prize or something for them to come...

Offline Redfish

• Sannin
  • Chakra 28
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core i5 2500K 3.4GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 670 2 GB DDR5
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
Sorry I don't live in trini but I wished I could've been there to enjoy the meet.

May need to have a flow of games i.e. mixing it up even though you're limited to screens. It would be sad that this would have to stop due to lack of support......having a live and kicking gaming community with regards to healthy live competition would really help the gaming scene in our country.

I am not sure but have you put up or handed out ads in all the places that sell games/gaming stuff? like sheltech etc?? just hope it doesn't end before I can make a trip to trinidad and take it in myself....

Go strong

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »
agreed, would be a shame for it to go the way of the dodo before gaining some momentum.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 12:52:34 AM »
^ indeed
me an a padna done talkin bout pullin through if it have games we play

door prize mean nothing to me
i just want d competition :)

Offline DaemonX

• Genin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
Do u really think raising the cover from 30 -40 $ gonna increase your crowd flow???

EY, ey ey, i got the price intially dropped because i assured the man there would be men, there was not, twice, so unfortunately a $10 upkick in adm is the price to pay for continued sweat. If a small 10 dollars is actually a problem im sorry and i cant help you. Come to the event show support and i will get adm price dropped.keeps in mind adm covers any small tournys going on for the day.

As for these feels who keep talking about ps3 shooters and a little fifa should already know we 've been running ps3/360 fifa all the time, and last sweat we ran some resistance 2, mag should be coming soon, and maybe 1 other of my choosing.

But i have yet to see ANY support for halo3 and small support for modern warfare 2. I am expected to really believe ps3 shoots will bring men?.....

yall need to be serious about what allyuh want to see, and if allyuh coming

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »
why is it every 2 weeks though

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
dude idk bout other fellas but if is ps3 shooters and it have good competition i dey
dunno how d MAG gonna work out tho cuz they arent any custom games yet so d only way i see da is if u just have it running an men group up to tackle some opposition
i go be d righteous man to advertise MAG, show some ppl what a real teamwork game is lol

if d 360 men aint show tbh they shud be rel ashamed cuz they always talkin bout how LIVE sweat does be rel good with rel trinis and nobody showing up or showing support?

i doh have my 360 yet or else i wudda partake in the sweatage dey too

Offline LimitGTX

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 2
    • Xbox360, Playstation 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz
  • GPU: ATI 5870
  • RAM: 16GB DDR 2133Mhz
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: limitgtx
  • Steam: limitgtx
  • XBL: Limit GTX
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »
i'm now seeing this thread, blu_vice told me with a pm on PSN.....  I play games on all the systems so i can certainly show my support also if i bring a console do i have to bring a  tv?   

Offline DaemonX

• Genin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
Okay ill address everything at once.

To crixxmcholeface, the reason we having the event everyone two weeks is because its just worked out that way, plus the fact that there isnt enough SUPPORT to show the owner is worthwhile to do it every sunday. but of course, if there WAS support, i could run this every weekend. Also next sunday is mothersday, it cant be then.

LimiGTX I don't mind you bringing a console if you wana help out, i would privide the screen you just have to tell me(post) which consoles and games u have that you'd like to bring, and maybe any others too.

Blue_vice, if u can assure me people will come and play we can organize a screen for ps3 shooters/footy only. Though will 1 screen be enough is the question..

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:38:57 PM by DaemonX »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
Okay ill address everything at once.

To cirx, the reason we having the event everyone two weeks is because its just worked out that way, plus the fact that there isnt enough SUPPORT to show the owner is worthwhile to do it every sunday. but of course, if there WAS support, i could run this every weekend. Also next sunday is mothersday, it cant be then.

LimiGTX I don't mind you bringing a console if you wana help out, i would privide the screen you just have to tell me(post) which consoles and games u have that you'd like to bring, and maybe any others too.

Blue_vice, if u can assure me people will come and play we can organize a screen for ps3 shooters/footy only. Though will 1 screen be enough is the question..

if i am coming i can bring my console and games
i got all the main ps3 shooters
MAG, KZ2, U2, Warhawk....sadly mw2, only two i sold were socom confrontation and r2 because socom 4 coming fall and r3 supposedly coming this year too or at least very early next year

also i can bring leh we say bout 4 ppl maybe 5 depends on what available and what other ppl dey cuz if is just we coming from then dem fellas might not wanna pull through since we already play against each other online and payin money to play against each other in person is not a wise investment

also one screen aint go wok for ps3 shooters tbh
i like team based games only games that have FFA i list dey are Warhawk and R2 and playing 1v1s boring

i would honestly like to see this go places but i honestly dont know if console men would support this as much as they should to get it bigger
i can see PC men supporting it just dont see the console men pulling through in large numbers to support this cause which is kinda sad since something like this is wat i been looking for
a local place to have some console sweats and show skill, maybe even some tourneys
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:15:54 PM by Blu_ViCe »

Offline DaemonX

• Genin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
Yeah blu_vice thats exactly what i'm trying to create, it'd be great if you could bring your games and console. If there are others willing to bring console and games just ask me first so i can confirm getting a screen.

For now until i get separate copies of some of those games u called out i could only give it one screen, but if i can get the  rest which i should hopefully be able to ill do a dual screen link.

I have a meeting today to confirm the details of the next event until then start promoting.

Offline AIDS

• Jonin
  • Chakra 11
  • The #1 killer in T&T
    • PS2 & Game Cube
    • View Profile
Re: YES THERE WILL BE, Bankai 'Sunday's Sweat' #3 (it rythmes click it)
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2010, 11:24:37 PM »
For those who missed it here is the full episode 2 of Techville where we showed the action at the Bankai Sundays launch.

Shots in stereo. The AIDS man cometh!

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 01:00:12 AM »
I swear, those hosts move as if they're two people the producers just randomly picked off the sidewalk.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the 3rd sweat goes off a lot better this time around. In my opinion, the one I went to wasn't so bad, but it could've done better. The footage suggests that not much people went to the first one.

I'll try to see if I can bring my consoles over, because MvC2 and Tatsunoko needs some love. One or the other, though.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 02:20:54 AM »
lol, much better  that episode 1. Men run a craft sweat yes. Warming up for July 27 2010

The Bankai spot was proper.

well done aids, well done.

lol @ hosts coming off the sidewalk. Dianna could be a lil more techie, I agree...but she more than makes up for that in looks.

Maurice on the other hand, is a man I could see in a sweat normal normal. Authentic enough.

Offline AIDS

• Jonin
  • Chakra 11
  • The #1 killer in T&T
    • PS2 & Game Cube
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
Thanks for the kudos guys.

Dianna could be a lil more techie, I agree...but she more than makes up for that in looks.

Maurice on the other hand, is a man I could see in a sweat normal normal. Authentic enough.

We didn't want to over nerd it up and loose the audience too soon and Maurice is just Maurice :happy0203:
You should see the outtakes. LOL.

Get more info, show some love or post your comments about the show on Facebook.

Or talk to the hosts directly:

Dianna

Maurice

Keep it locked!

Shots in stereo. The AIDS man cometh!

Carigamers

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal