Author Topic: Whats your Home Theatre Setup?  (Read 83559 times)

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your Home Theatre Setup?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »
^the moniter 9 ,sorry was editing post while you were replying for people who to lazy to click the link

Sweet, the Monitor 9s are awesome, i had a pair of Monitor 7s v.5s before as my fronts and they were pretty good. What you running for the center channel with them Monitor 9s? if you got the center did you place it below the projector screen? (I seen some guys put the center behind the screen in a vertical position but not to sure how that works out :S ).

How does the internal amp on the Denon handle driving of the Monitor 9s? i was thinking of using my old Marantz receiver which a bit weaker than the Denon you using in a small setup in my bedroom with a second hand pair of monitor 9s v3s but was not to sure if the marataz will drive them properly
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:13:56 PM by IsMe2003 »

Carigamers

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »

Offline RustyPlumber

• Chunin
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
  • CPU: I7 3770 Ivy Bridge
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX760
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red
  • Broadband: Flow
  • Origin ID: Rustyplumber
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
^using a older denon 1709 to drive em,sounds great for a lack of better words,you can really hear the difference when you drive them with the denon  compared to the yammy,dont have any CC yet,but will get one with a stand to go below the screen,no space in the back of it for a cc to fit.Those things are a bitch with customs sometimes.

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2010, 03:44:04 PM »
^using a older denon 1709 to drive em,sounds great for a lack of better words,you can really hear the difference when you drive them with the denon  compared to the yammy,dont have any CC yet,but will get one with a stand to go below the screen,no space in the back of it for a cc to fit.Those things are a bitch with customs sometimes.

Ok i might get away with the marantz then, not looking for anything spectacular in the bed room, just to get away from using the speakers in the TV.

It have a local Paradigm dealer in TT? (Assuming you in TT), customs is shaff you on speakers if you bring them in ah wah?

So how you utilize the surround speakers without a center channel? Is the receiver smart enough to divert center channel to the fronts and still output the independent surround tracks to the SL and SR speakers? Or you using some type of Stereo Mix audio processing where all the speakers playing the same material or some type of virtual surround codec?

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
Oh good god man...thumbnails...THUMBNAILS:

You now owe me one N900 browser.  :laughing7:
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline RustyPlumber

• Chunin
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »
^using a older denon 1709 to drive em,sounds great for a lack of better words,you can really hear the difference when you drive them with the denon  compared to the yammy,dont have any CC yet,but will get one with a stand to go below the screen,no space in the back of it for a cc to fit.Those things are a bitch with customs sometimes.

Ok i might get away with the marantz then, not looking for anything spectacular in the bed room, just to get away from using the speakers in the TV.

It have a local Paradigm dealer in TT? (Assuming you in TT), customs is shaff you on speakers if you bring them in ah wah?

So how you utilize the surround speakers without a center channel? Is the receiver smart enough to divert center channel to the fronts and still output the independent surround tracks to the SL and SR speakers? Or you using some type of Stereo Mix audio processing where all the speakers playing the same material or some type of virtual surround codec?

good question,i just do basic 2.1 setup,i know i'm loosing out alot on not having a center channel for movies,but heck,that'll come in time,and yes i am in TT,the actual shaft comes from weight,and well i usually forge my own invoice,if they see how much i pay for these things,i'll need anal lube,lol.unfortunately we dont have a paradigm dealer locally afaik,but if we do,i bet their prices would be murder,thankfully we do have a klipsch dealer,and their prices are Extremely great,it works out to what you might pay close to in USD,give or take a few hundred ttd more.uploading pics of my room,will post again soon.

^sorry arc :( lol

Carigamers

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »

Offline RustyPlumber

• Chunin
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »
arc,sorry again btw:

Everything is run through PC via HDMI (ati 4890) to Denon receiver,audio and video are sent lossless to it for it to decode,i only have it on a 2.1 settings (for obvious reasons). It even does FLAC audio files pretty damn good.Logitech Dinovo edge controls everything.

Side shot

Logitech Dinovo Edge Keyboard

denon 1610 receiver with xbox 360 and pc next to it

Another side shot

Mirage Audio (which is owned by Klipsch) Omni S8 Sub-this little bugger packs a punch

Grills on RF's

xbox 360 games

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:24:55 PM by veggieman »

Offline RustyPlumber

• Chunin
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
^ok,1st question,does that budget include speakers with the receiver? or just the receiver alone,if it includes both,you can pick up a Yamaha RXV365 (3hdmi in-1 out) for around $1800 from Sound Security Experience.  As for speaker recommendations i'll have to do some digging for you.

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
Right Right, yeah the paradigms got some serious weight, and you correct on the buss head price the local dealer might have charged for them suckers, yeah you missing out on the blu-ray experiance with out the center/SR. when you get arround to it you will like your self even more.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:45:30 PM by IsMe2003 »

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
Yeah is for both receiver and speakers. Saw a Yamaha speaker package for $120US but they a bit low powered. At least 100wRMS per ch should do as most receivers have that kinda output.

Have an all in one home theatre by Samsung already but it lacking in sound quality due to the use of single full range drivers in the satellites. Plus the preset EQ fail.

The Samsung setup you have, if you buy an independant recever, you cant reuse some of the speakers on it? they might get drive a bit better as the reciver got more powerfull integrated amps, although the surrounds in it got one driver, the recivere might be able to squeze some more quality if it has independant cros over settings for each channel and you can cross the surrounds over at 80 or 100Hz even. then yua can put the reminder of the money towards ah good sub to bring up the low end.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:09:25 PM by IsMe2003 »

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »
^^ yeah, had luck deh, yua ent go find any with 3 ohms around, that 3 homs is a weird value boy, i see 4 6 and 8, but never 3 :S.

looks like you might really have to get a fresh sent of speakers in true if you going the receiver route, its a shame the lgitec Z5500s cant be used as a seporate on a receiver for 5.1, that sit got pretty good qualiy as an all in one.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:55:32 PM by IsMe2003 »

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
^^Funny thing is i have a set of Logitech z5500 speakers eh, just the amp was damaged in it. Unfortunately i tried the satellites on different receivers and amps and dey sound like crap. Have three of them on my Z5300 system currently an dey sounding best there (due to high quality sound card and effects applied nah).

The Yamaha veggieman suggested looking nice from the back, will dl the manual and see what it packing. A dude on trinituner have a nice Onkyo 5 channel speaker setup for sale but they real damn big. May end up considering those if i don't source a good 5.1 speaker setup.

oh ho, logitech mustbe design them only to work on the control unit.amp that come with the package.

Onkyo is make top of the line thing to eh, the fact that it in TT might be ah plus to, them higher quality sets is be a bit heavy as they use quality drivers, as veggieman point out you might get shaff on weight if yau bringing it in, unless yau find ah nice set locally,

Offline RustyPlumber

• Chunin
  • Chakra 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2010, 06:58:50 AM »
@hard o/c

actually,the denon i have is only 75-watt power per channel,and you'll be surprised how it shakes these Klipsch, and the klipsch is rated @100w rms/400w max.

you may want to check out monsteraudio,they are the local company dealer for denon/klipsch/jamo/kef etc.their prices are the best,its where i get all my  denon/klipsch stuff from.

http://www.monsteraudio.net/

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
bored here, so I decided to post a picture of my updated setup,

only additions are one extra 28 inch Hanns G (bought awhile back from awesome)

one new 250 gig external, and im also using an optical cable for the Ps3 running to my sound card. (AWESOME sound on Ps3 now especially in Guitar Hero!)

Hoping to get a third 28 inch to see the real benefits of Eyefinity for gaming. (As it is Dawn of war 2 and Dirt 2 look pretty decent in dual monitor setups)

This comes in handy when Im using the Hdmi switch to switch from Pc to Ps3, as in Pc goes to second monitor and Ps3 takes first monitor.

but real benefit would be in a triple monitor setup.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:56:34 PM by Berzerk »

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 09:13:04 AM »
^^in the Dirt 2, how is it displayed on both monitors? you got the monitor bevel down the middle of the car? or like mirrors or something on one monitor and something else on the next?

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »
its not directly down the middle, more of the main car view in on the 1st monitor. this is only for the in car view though. 3rd person view wont work so well with 2 monitors.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »
Going to update this thread with a pic of the final-ish setup.

Just put the icing on the cake by setting up the Synergy V remote to control the TV, Audio and Cable Box (new ones that Flow are giving out with their boxes these days)

First step: Program in the Sharp TV Code into the remote (409)

Second step: Allow the Remote's CableMode to control the "Input/Video Source" function of the Sharp Aquos LCD.

Third step: Route all audio from the various devices (laptop, ps3, wii, xbox360, etc...) into the TV and only run one audio out from the TV to the Logitech z5500. Effectively making the LCD act as a receiver. For bonus points, you can disable the TV's built in speakers.

The Remote Control manual tells you how to do the first two steps, heres a link to it in case you lost yours:

http://www.glwb.net/images/remotes/rtu62cd.pdf

So now the setup just uses one remote instead of three.

(Not counting the game controllers obviously)

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
Ok Guys, some update in my HT Equipment,

TV: got rid of the Toshiba Regza 52RV535U and got the Sharp Aquos LC-60LE920UN 60-inch 1080p 240Hz LED Edge-Lit LCD HDTV. Absolutely Awesome Picture, i thought that quatron thing was ah gimmic but boy it is really work, and yea it as thin as it looks in the pic mostlikely cause of the LEDs and no setta lamps

Home Audio improvements: my current system plays audio only in the living room area, I can crank up the volume to hear it outside and other rooms but then yau need ear plugs to sit any where near the living room  :happy0203: and the next problem is if someone watching TV I cant play no music anywhere else unless I gone sit down behind the pc upstairs :S, so I extended it to play audio all over the house with the following;

3 Sonos ZP90 Players                          One Sonos CR200 controller

Six  8” Kevlar 3-Way High Power In-Wall Speaker (Placed diffrent spots)

Two 8” 2-Way Coaxial Waterproof Rock Speakers (Backyard Placement)

Emotiva UPA-7 7 channel AMP

All the Sonos feed into the Emotiva which then powers all them speakers, the sound out them speakers are Amazing when hocked up to the Emotiva, I was surprised cause the speakers were on the cheaper side, each Sonos box is it’s own zone so something different can be played in a zone, I can group them together and have the same thing played

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
explain de quatron thing?

Offline IsMe2003

• AdvancedTactics
  • Genin
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
explain de quatron thing?

Well usually the displays only have three primary colors in there color filter (Red, Green, Blue) and every other color derived from them, sharp included an extra color in the filter so you now got (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) so is ah quad pixel tech hence Quattron.

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/WhatIsQuattron.aspx

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »
niceness

Carigamers

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal