Author Topic: Terran The War Machine!!!  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Redfish

• Sannin
  • Chakra 28
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core i5 2500K 3.4GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 670 2 GB DDR5
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Terran The War Machine!!!
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:56 PM »
Ok I know Wyatt loves his toss boys but I think I'm loving the Terrans more lol

Here's some PRO matches showing some gameplay on how to handle yourself as terran.

StarCraft 2 - TLO (T) vs. MaDFroG (Z) G1

Watch for the helion frying a scout zerg as soon as he roll out the damn factory

And a KOREAN matchup here but terran lost to the zerg....

Part 1

Starcraft 2 - Check vs Skidayo - KOR ZvT - Part 1/2

Part 2

Starcraft 2 - Check vs Skidayo - KOR ZvT - Part 2/2

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:16:57 AM by Redfish »

Carigamers

Terran The War Machine!!!
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:56 PM »

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Athlon II x4 640 :(
  • GPU: Saphire Ati Radeon HD 5770
  • RAM: 4gb ram Corsair 1600mhz
  • Broadband: Slow Communications
Re: Terran The War Machine!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
terran is my fav so far so i'll be reviewing this thread. we have to have some build orders and early strats up.

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
who brave enough to try this in ranked?
!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »
lol, that is real shit! lol

i woulda trace that man IP, find his ass and drop kick the mc.

Offline Redfish

• Sannin
  • Chakra 28
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Core i5 2500K 3.4GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 670 2 GB DDR5
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »
LMAO!!! aye dat hard dat real hard lol

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »
I AM SO GOING TO TRY THAt!!!

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »

1. The Reaper Rush : A tactic used by Terran players in the early game to harass their opponent, it is best used with 3+ Reapers with speed upgrade for best harassment. Often used to damage the opposing players economy by taking out their workers. This tactic has the potential to end games if the opposing player does not have or bring in defenses of any kind. Note: Remember to continue to build units while harassing and if you are scouted early be weary of using this tactic.

2. Wall In : The general placement of barracks/supply depot/and the occasional bunker depending on preference. They are used as a "wall" to slow down incoming opponents when they push an attack, it helps to stop workers from being attacked in the early game by things such as the 6 pool ling rush, and an early zealot push. Very effective with defenses behind the wall to defend it. Note: Bring an SCV or 2 over and repair the wall while it's being attacked until your marines can kill the enemy.

3. Early Banshees : When the Terran player goes straight for cloaked banshees to harass the opponent. This is an effective tactic for players to take out the other players supply lines, and if the player is caught off guard has the potential to end games. Note: It is best to use a scan before sending banshees in so that you are able to position them in a place where things such as turrets and photon cannons can not reveal them and do damage to them. (Refer to post #4 on page #1 for a more in depth description)

4. Use The High Ground : As a Terran player you have the advantage with the high ground. When your group of Marines, Tanks, and Marauders is used with a wall in you have a higher chance of survival when facing an enemies army at your front door then you would if you ran out and met them at the base of your ramp. Tanks in siege mode are extremely effective when defending the high ground, it gives one the opportunity to pick off a couple of the enemies units before they actually get to you.

5. Supply Blocking/Expansion Scouting : An effective tactic when facing a Zerg player who gets a little too daring with his overlords is to build a couple vikings to fly around and pick them off, this in turn will lead the Zerg player to being supply blocked if you're able to find enough overlords flying around. While doing this it also allows for scouting with your vikings, and if you come across an unguarded expansion you may be able to take it out, if not take a couple workers at the very least. (You can also take out unguarded toss pylons/supply depots) Note: Be careful to continue building units while doing this, and don't get your vikings picked off because you forgot to move them, or get them out of an expansion when your opponent brings in defenses.

6. "The Avatar Strategy" : This tactic involves fast teching up to starports, while continuously pumping out marines. Once you amass a rather large army of Marines and Vikings, then using your army to push forward against your enemy. This strategy is effective due to it's ability to be fairly effective against most enemies; this does require some micro. Make sure to land your vikings effectively when doing things such as taking out a Nexus/Hachery/Command Center. (Refer to post # 8 on Page # 1 for more details on this)

7. MMM Placement: One of the most basic and fundamental strategies of Terran is this; the Marines, Marauders, and Medivacs. This is extremely effective due to the diversity within this group. Most Terran players will upgrade the marines and marauders, as well as getting a Engineering Bay to upgrade damage by your ground units. When using this strategy it is often important to keep your Medivacs back a little, towards the back of your army, so that they aren't taken out instantly and become unable to heal your units. By doing this it great ens your chances when facing an opponents army.

8. Unit Drops : This is a strategy often used by Terran players who want to harass their opponent, it involves using your Medivacs to take your units, and drop them off in the back or the side of your enemies base. You can either drop in some tanks, or a mix of Marines and Marauders, or straight Marines or straight Marauders. This is often effective to take out an enemies supply line, or take out some of their pylons/supply depots and supply blocking your enemy. Note: When used with a little bit of micro you can effectively take out what you intended and then get your units out of there before the opponent sends in defenses.

9. "Thor Shields" : More of a rule of thumb for Terran players who are going Thor's. Put them out in the front of your army and use them to soak up damage from things such as Banelings as you march towards/into your enemy's base. This is so that the rest of your army is not taken out in a couple hits, and you're able to make an effective push instead of having your army charging out in front to be wiped out by fairly quickly while your Thor carries up the rear doing hardly nothing. This does require a deal more micro, though with a little practice is extremely effective, and will protect you from those dreaded Banelings.

10. Siege Tank Positioning : Whether it be for defense of offense tanks in siege mode are extremely effective weapons against your opponent. By placing tanks on the edges of cliffs it allows one to pick of enemy players that are pushing towards your base, and while on offense it's often effective to place them just outside of a cannon/armies range, and use them to slowly push your way in. Their view though sometimes being limited is fairly large, and require assistance from other units under certain circumstances. To cope with this Terrans needs to use another unit to creep further or fly closer to reveal the units. This is best done by using vikings or banshees to creep far enough for the tanks to see the units and slowly pick them off.

11. In Base Scouting : Generally when playing against a protoss player, or even zerg it is often a smart idea to take an SCV or two to just scout your own base. This of course is only really important in the early game or until you wall off. This is done in case the Protoss player has dropped a pylon or the zerg has attempted to build a hatchery (which is rare) in your base. If you come across something like this simply put 4 or 5 SCVs on it, and just kill it and get back to work. (Refer to post #13 on Page #1)

12. Nuke Placement : When playing against players who do not think to use cloak detection, a well timed and well placed nuke can do a lot to turn the tide of the game. Make sure to have your Ghost hold fire, Medivac him in and place your nuke in an area to take out his production buildings and hopefully some of his workers/army. Note: If he/she is Terran he can scan your ghost and wipe it out, and any unit that the enemy has that can detect cloak will ruin this sort of a tactic. However for a player not paying attention this can do wonders. (Refer to Post #20 Page #1 for an example of 'Heavy Nuking')

13. Versatility : One of the most important things about playing Terran is knowing how to use and keep track of different types of units/structures. By being versatile it allows for a Terran player to counter what they are up against when going in to face an enemy. An extremely helpful way to go about doing this is key binding important units/buildings/etc so that it is easier to continue to build units, or more importantly the ones they need. This along with learning the hot keys for specific units is key to Terran success. (Refer to Post #41 on Page #3 for an example) Note: This also includes a versatile build orders. (Refer to Post #44 Page #3)

14. STIM PACKS! : An extremely effective tool when charging in with one's Marines and Marauders, especially when they are accompanied by some Medivacs. When they do have the air support that can heal them up, it is often more beneficial to hit Stim Pack a little early in order to allow the Medivacs to start to heal your units before you start to take damage from the enemy. By doing this you also hit that little bit harder on the initial hit.

15. Map Control : The outlast tactic is often a very effective one when facing an enemy who you walls them self in and expects you to push your forces in. The best way as Terran to work against this is to place your forces outside of his base, and start to take over the map, this is most effectively done with a strong ground force consisting of Marines Marauders Tanks and a couple Medivacs; as well as lots of vikings to keep air control and stop your enemy from expanding. Note: Make sure to not let your army get taken out allowing your enemy to make a push on your bases, and be sure to leave 1 worker at each mineral patch so you can see if your enemy tries to take one.

16. The Raven : Being a misunderstood unit, it's versatility makes it a useful tactic for the Terran army in many circumstances. Its uses include taking out an enemy mineral line (with it's turrets), to detect cloaked units (passive ability), and to stop damage from an incoming attack momentarily (point defense drone), along with a seeker missile (useful for taking out clumped up ground units). By using one of these with your army it allows for adaption to different situations that one can encounter when going for a blind strategy, which is what happens when one does not scout their enemy. Note using a raven is extremely useful when going up against a Protoss who has gone for Dark Templars, as opposed to wasting one's scan to reveal them.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/248106978

Starcraft 2 Build Order: Banshee Rush

If you follow this build order, you'll have Banshees coming out within 4:30min in the game. Just make sure you wall off your base correctly with supply depots and a barracks to make sure that you survive until then.

Build Order

10: Supply Depot
11: Refinery (put 3 SCVs on it as soon as possible)
12: Barracks
15: Refinery #2 (put 3 SCVs on it as soon as possible)
16: Factory
18: 2x Starports
18: Supply Depot
18: Tech Lab on Barracks
18: Tech Lab on Factory
18: As soon as the Tech Labs are built, swap the two Starports with the Barracks and the Factory.
Start producing Banshees!
http://www.starcraft-replay.com/guides/sc2-banshee-rush-build-order.php
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:41:19 AM by haterforever »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »
wow.. that is worse than a pawn rush
lol
how disgusting

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
Well that is a solid summary of Terran tactics right thur. Comprehensive

I have seen many a game won by those very moves.

excellent guide

+1

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
HOW TO: HARASSMENT

Ok so let start with what is harassment? It is a common misconception that harassment is solely done to the mineral line, and although this is the most common harassment there is another form. Harassment is a technique in which to gain a mineral advantage by killing buildings, halting production, killing harvesters, and harassing army units. The biggest objective is to do this with minimal loss to you. It is risk/reward at it's finest. I will go over an overview of all these.

First, let's talk about what units terran has for harassment.

Dedicated Harassment Units: These units are basically in the game to harass, although they can do other things they will generally be used more for harassment then anything.
Reapers, Banshees, and Hellions.

Units that can harass: These units have more dedicated roles, but can fulfill the harassment need as well.
Siege tanks, Medivac drops, Ghosts, and Ravens.
As you can see all these units have vital roles in actual combat, but can also harass very well in one form or another.

Let's talk about the type of harassments.

First you have killing buildings. This can be done very effectively vs. Zerg, and to a lesser degree toss. Basically what you want to do is kill tech buildings as quickly as possible with as few losses as possible.

Next is production halting. This takes two forms, supply blocking and pylon destruction. Supply blocking is when you go in to harass an opponents supply. Terran especially hate this, as it takes a longer time to build supply depots then any other supply. The other is killing pylons with the intent to stop the ability to produce out of certain buildings. Again, these are very effective.

Harvesters is pretty much what it sounds like. Your objective is to kill as many harvesters as possible and halt mining for as long as possible.

Finally you have army harassment. This is a form of harassment in which you kill parts of his army while trying to not allow your units to die.

Now that you understand the different forms of harassment lets talk about each units role in harassment.

Hellions: Perfect for mineral line harassment. They roasty toasty any workers in 3 shots (2 with pre-igniter) and when an opponent runes their workers away you can often line up your hellions for a devastating blast. Hellions also army harass zerglings and zealots quite well, especially early game.

Reapers: Great for mineral lock downs and tech structure sniping. Enough of these guys will make anyone cry. Beware that reapers do not work well for structure sniping in the later leagues due to scouting ability and game sense.

Banshees: Another great harvester harass. This one is actually one of the best harassers in the game. With cloak you can harass an opponents mineral line, kill some siege tanks, snipe a few supply depots. Basically an all around pain.

Siege Tanks: Drop it on a cliff with a few marines and watch the crying. Great for expansion harassment. Can also effectively army harass. Deploy it up to push your opponent back.

Medivac Drops: I personally prefer marauder drops vs. zerg and marine drops vs toss, and marine/tank drops vs. terran. It all has the same effect, this is one of the best ways to snipe expansions and tech buildings. Mix it up with 4 blue flame hellions to make their workers go poof. Thor drops are also a painful reminder that terran technology > protoss.

Ghosts: Great, Great, Great, for supply sniping. One nuke and you can so goodbye supplys. how often do terran build all their depots in a nice little box for you? Also good for mineral harass as well. Again, can kill miners and keep them off mining just due to the nuke coming down. Can also shoot workers quite quickly as well.

Ravens: Auto turret for mineral line harassment is very effective. They have to deal with it and it will keep mining halted until dealt with, also due to minimum risk to the raven it is one of the more effective harassments.

Well I hope you all enjoyed this and got something out of it. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to ask. Please bump the post and thumbs up me if you like it.

This is Beammeup, signing out.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628254273

Credit to Beammeup http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/426806/1/Beammeup/

Got some nice guides. I'll post others when i get time

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »
HOW TO: MACRO
Alright Macro, lets define it first. Macro is the way in which you handle your money. Everything from keeping your production up to expanding at the right time has everything to do with macro.

Lets start off with production. The optimal situation for macro is this, that you are receiving enough income to keep production in all your buildings constantly queued at one and have no excess of money. For instance, a terran can comfortably pump off of 2 tech lab and 1 reactor rax per mining, fully saturated base. Furthermore they can pump off of a second reactor rax but you will be staggering production.

The key is to always have one unit producing without having to queue up additional units. Basically if you've got 3 marines queued into a barracks you are wasting 100 minerals you could be spending elsewhere.

Another important thing to do is to keep making SCV's, you want to keep making SCV's so that when you expand you can saturate quickly, thus allowing you to throw out more production.

When on the attack continue to produce, this is very important. In higher stress situations many players let their macro slip, the outcome of a game greatly depends on if you can continue to produce when attacking and being attacked. Many games are lost due to this fact alone.

Another important issue is when to expand. If you're newer to the game and don't feel comfortable expanding keep this in mind. When your opponent expands is a good time for you to do the same. If you're doing a gas intensive build and your minerals are beginning to pile up, it's a good time to expand. When you're making an attack or you when a battle it is a good time to expand. When you have map control it is a good time to expand.

All these are opportune times to expand, as you play longer you will get the flow of the game and learn when to expand and when not to. Eventually you will become comfortable and do it without thinking about it.

The final key to macro is supply. Even the best get supply blocked, but the more you minimize this the better your chances of winning are. This to, has an important effect on a game. Sometimes if it just slips your mind, supply drop is very powerful. Just remember to just keep tabs on this and minimize your supply blocking and you'll come-out ahead more often then not.

If you like this post please feel free to thumbs up me and post to keep the thread bumped. If you have any other questions, comments, concerns feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628074288

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
HOW TO: MICRO

First let's understand micro and define micro. Micro is the way you handle your units. In essence micro means how you are able to manage your units in relation to keeping them alive longer, positioning them better, and attacking from multiple angles or places on the map.

We'll start with the basic MMM ball.

When microing your MMM you want to attack move then regular move then attack move again.

In essence you want to get one volley and then either move towards or away from your enemy and then half a second later get another volley in, rinse and repeat. Why do this? With marauders you can chase down retreating foes or keep your opponents from getting to you. With marines it is the same mechanic. In essence you're doing all you can to take a mineral advantage.

This tactic works, in one way or another, with all terran units. Siege tanks, hellions, thors, vikings, banshees, basically if it's ranged it can kite and we have all ranged units. Infact, your vikings can basically take out an equal number of BC's (without yamato) because of their extreme range and kiting ability.

So now that we understand kiting lets move on. Positioning is extremely important. Zerg WANT to always get a surround. The best way to position vs. zerg is to get into a choke of some sort. Using the technique above, attack and retreat until you're in a nearby choke and then just attack. Also, having your marauders in-front to soak damage for your marines is very helpful, and although this is a more difficult thing to pull off, you will see results because of this.

No nearby choke? Use a wall to prevent a full surround. Although this isn't quite what you want it is still helpful and in the long run is better then full on battles with a zerg army. The key is to minimize the amount of minerals you lose by taking advantage of your races all ranged army. Beware, against toss this is likely to backfire due to collosus and HT AOE damage.

Next we'll talk individual units. Terran also have a few units that need to be individually microed in order to take full advantage of them. Ghosts are great for sniping HT's, Mutas, and banelings. They also very successfully can emp infestors, HT's and protoss shields. Because of all their various abilities it is highly recommended to not put these in your main armies control group, but instead to have ghosts in their own separate control group.

Ravens too, can be very effective. The PDD drone is an exceptionally potent ability and will quickly turn the tide in a battle. The turret is also very capable in things such as mineral harass, but I'll do harass another day. Because this unit is also very micro intensive it is recommended to put this in a different control group.

The PDD can block shots from: Marauders, vikings (air), BC's, Hydras, corruptors, mutalisks, thors (air), stalkers, and phoenix.

Multiple attacks are also capable of being pulled off. Remember, you don't HAVE to micro all armies at once, because your opponent is likely to not be able to control multiple control groups just concentrate on one at a time.

Example: I move my large force near my opponent, meanwhile I air lift 2 full medivacs of marines into his base. I attack move to the front of his expansion and tell my marines to attack his nexus in his base. Because his army is engaging my main army I concentrate on that.

This ALOT of getting used to, but when you do it has a very beneficial advantage.

I hope this was helpful to you all, feel free to leave questions or concerns or comments and if you like the post please comment to keep it bumped for others.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628074091

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »
HOW TO: SCOUTING

Alright, so today I'm going to talk about scouting.

First, lets take an overview of units that terran scout with. SCV, reaper, marine, hellions and OC. Additionally you can scout with a barracks/factory and air units later in the game.

When to scout: I usually like to send the SCV that built my supply depot off to scout. while he is building you can rally point to different areas by holding shift and then clicking so you can set up where you want him to scout. If you're planning to cheese send your first SCV that you create, if you're really weary of cheese send the SCV right after the one that starts building the supply depot. So really you either scout on your 7th supply, your 10th supply or your 12th supply.

Now to break scouting down in the game.

Early: Scout your opponent with an SCV, then either build a reaper, build a barracks near his base to float into his base, or comm sat him to see what he is going. The cheapest is the reaper, the most cost effective is the barracks, and the fastest is the comm sat.

Mid Game: Air units or an scv/marine/hellion need to be scouting expansions. You don't want him hiding an expansion. Comm sat and floating builds are the only way you're going to get to look at his base at this point, if you choose the building you will lose it however. Still cheaper then the comm sat. Use an SCV or a marine to scout his army, you can see his composition, placement, etc... and although you'll lose 50 minerals it's no biggie.

Late Game: Comm sat is still your best scout. SCOUT EXPANSIONS, do not let him get a hidden one. If he gets an expansion you need to know about it. Also scouting his army and it's positioning is very critical at this stage.

Now, why is it important to scout? Well, for two reasons. You want to know what your opponent is doing. Is he building hellions to harass you? Does he have a phase prisim to warp in units? What about surprise DT's? If you know what he is doing you'll be able to effectively combat him. Second, you want to know when and where he is expanding. You need to know this because you can either choose to expand or choose to punish him for expanding. One way or another he is spending 400 minerals on that expansion so you will technically be "up" on that expansion, not to mention the cost of workers to saturate it.

Finally a list and overview of units the other two races have to scout with and how to stop or deny scouting.

Protoss:
Probe: Just like the SCV roll for us the probe has the same roll. Without compromising your build they will nearly always scout you early, that is ok though kill the probe before revealing your hand. Later map control plays a key roll in denying scouting for expansions. Also not keeping your whole army at the front will deny scouting for unit composition.

Observer: Ravens or missle turrets and a viking or a few marines handle this easily, and since observers are a hefty 100 gas it's well worth it. I highly suggest incorporating a raven into a build vs. toss in order to eliminate their map hacks observers.

Phoenix: This one is hard to stop, it's very fast. The only real thing you can do is hope it flys over your army and have enough marines to 1 shot it. Really just an undeniable scout.

Zerg:
Drone: (Read probe)

Zergling: (Read probe) These guys will often hold the watch towers too. Before you move out send a marine or two to clear the watch towers so as to not tip your hand.

Overseer: When you hear sac an overseer it's basically the same as what we do with our floating buildings. Keeping a few marines at the edges of your base will help dial this down but it's really just impractical to stop this all together. The best way? Vikings. They'll either force him to recall his overlords or kill it before it sees anything.

Overseer: Just like an overlord but faster and healthier, really it's unlikely you'll be able to stop him from scouting. Just make sure you kill the changeling when he drops it.

Liked this thread? Find it useful? Please give me a thumbs up and post on it so that others will see it and it gets bumped. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

This is Beammeup signing out

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627974129

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »
Good stuff. I haven't seen much people using the Raven auto turret harass. Strange, since they even show you to do it in the challenges.

That simultaneous attack strat is extremely painful! steups.

+1

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
i wanna start doing the raven and ghost. requires serious micro but people hardly use it...at least in the bronze league.

anytime i play toss i forget to build ghosts for emp and that could be a turning point in the match

Offline haterforever

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 49
  • in beast mode
    • I mod, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
HOW TO: BUILD ORDERS

First, don't get distracted when doing a build order. When you scout, or have an enemy harvester attacking your building SCV you can get distracted, keep focused on your supply and when you need to be making your buildings.

Second, practice. The best way to get a build order down is to practice, even against easy AI. The point isn't to beat the AI but to practice the build.

1 racks FE:
Build difficulty: Moderate/High

This is a build meant to give the terran an economic advantage. The basics is 10 supply 12 racks 15/16 orbital and then CC at 400 minerals, then immediately throw down 3 more racks while producing marines. Bunker up your expansion and you will take a big economic lead, from there you can do what is needed to beat your opponent.

This build will struggle against early pressure but is great for extended games.

3 Racks:
Difficulty: Low/Moderate

10 depot, 12 racks, 13 refinery, 15/16 OC, 15/16 supply depot, 17/18 racks, 19 refinery, 19/20 racks. This is a standard 3 racks build. This is the most standard bread and butter build, it is good against all 3 races (although sieges do eat up bio balls) and can be used both for attack and defense. This lends itself well to an expo into 5 racks and a reactor starport for medivac support.

This build will struggle against siege walls or quick tech cloak or something of the sort but is very effective for an early push and a standard game.

5 racks reapers:
Difficulty: High

10 depot, 12 racks, 13 refinery, 15/16 OC, 15/16 refinery, 17 depot, two more racks asap with tech labs, then two more after that. This is a great pressure build/early game map control build against zerg. I stress ONLY against zerg. The problem with this build is it is very micro/macro intensive.

This build will struggle against terran and protoss, stalkers and marauders eat up reapers for a delicious snack.

Mech:
Difficulty: Moderate

10 depot, 12 racks, 13 refinery, 15/16 OC, 15/16 depot, 17 refinery, 17 factory, 19/20 factory. This build is good against zerg and terran. It is meant to get sieges out for land/map control. It puts you in a good position to expand and then support with whatever units you desire.

This build WILL struggle against air, thors (with the magic box) are not effective against mutas as much as they used to be. It is also one of the slowest pushes you can have, as you must siege hop your units across the map.

1-1-1:
Difficulty: Moderate

10 depot, 12 racks, 13 refinery, 15/16 OC, 15/16 depot, 17 refinery, 17 factory, 18/19 starport. This build gives the terran a very fast tech advantage and the ability to quickly adapt at the cost of early game units. From here you can do basically whatever you want. Want to go air? Go for it, mech? Sure, bio ball, well have at it.

As previously stated, this will put you behind early in the military count, if he is rushing your cheesing you you will have problems, you can however adapt extremely quickly to what your opponent does with this build.

Bio/Mech:
Difficulty: Moderate/High

10 depot, 12 racks, 13 refinery, 15/16 OC, 15/16 depot, 17 factory, 18/19 refinery 18/19 racks. This build lends itself well against toss/terran. The basics are to be able to pump marines/marauders and siege tanks. This build is actually very good but the problem is unit composition, if you mess up or don't support it with ghosts/ravens then you're in trouble as you aren't taking a strong stance with either marauders or sieges due to your lack of production facilities. That being said, this build is very capable when played correctly.

Problems: Zerg eat up marines (which this build has a lot of as your primary anti-air) with banelings and especially infestors. This build is also a little slow out of the gate.

Anyways... these builds are nowhere set in stone, the supply count isn't solid all the time but it is around where you want to be building these things. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I hope this is helpful to many of you out there.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627973877?page=1

Offline Mez

• Global Moderator
  • Kage
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @2.4 Ghz
  • GPU: 1G nvidia
  • RAM: 4Gigs
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
Protoss > Terran esp with the MeZ Build :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:47:02 PM by (HTK)-Angelus »

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3Gb
Corsair Enthusiast 750 W PSU Modular
Intel Core i5 2500K
ASUS Sabertooth P67
Crucial m4 64 GB SSD
Corsair Vengeance 16 Gigs DDR3

--Starcraft 2-- Battlefield 3--DOTA 2--Diablo3--

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »
Or do you mean terran??

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
  • to each his own, to all the universe
    • me eh have none.....yet
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
  • GPU: XFX 4890 XT on a Nvidia Board :)
  • RAM: OCZ 4 x 2gb PC2 6400 SLi ready
  • Broadband: Flow...watch...talk....mind yuh bizness!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
Re: that Fortress Rush....as Sister Agnes would Say: " Yuh see u...yuh iz ah dutiness!!!!"
I am awaken to the glory that is my birthright!!!

Carigamers

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal