Author Topic: League of Legends (LoL)  (Read 3610 times)

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
  • Time to build a beast PC
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Flow
  • Steam: dspartanx868
  • XBL: DspartaN868
League of Legends (LoL)
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
It's a pretty good game from the makers of Dota as well as a few Blizzard employees. It's supposed to be an improved Dota game with a few new mechanics such as:
- The ability to teleport to base (after 8 sec channeling, interruptable)
- Hiding in brush (makes you invisible unless someone else is in brush with you or you attack)
- 4 Hero abilities (generally) + 2 Neutral abilities
- 1 item shop with recommended builds and easy to understand tree diagrams
- Faster paced than Dota
- 3v3 and 5v5
- etc.
It's pretty good and it's free you guys should try it out

Carigamers

League of Legends (LoL)
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends (LoL)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »
Btw does anyone play this game?

Here's the d/l link
https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 01:29:56 PM »
I tried the beta and found it paled in comparison to HON, another spiritual successor to DOTA.

Maybe its gotten much better since then.

Did you try HoN?

Offline Shinsoo

• Global Moderator
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • Let me show you what it means to love.
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 03:52:13 PM »
I was in the first beta for lol. it was a disappointment then and its a disappointment now. Now dont get me wrong its actually good but it pales to surpass even dota as a serious game and it does have cool features but i advice hon + bloodline champions highly over this game. Heck even land of chaos and avalon heroes.

Lol had the biggest budget and the most hype and was still lacking. It is however a good game.

Offline LQDSNK

• Chunin
  • Chakra 6
  • mmmmm cake...
    • Wii
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870
  • RAM: 6GB Corsair XMS2
  • Broadband: FLOW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
I've played both LoL and HoN, and in my opinion LoL wins.

If you've played DoTA and want a prettier version of DoTA then HoN is for you. It has the same problems DoTA had; there are 5 or 6 heroes who will win your games 95% of the time, if a strategy works against a hero once, it will work all the time, and "int" heroes are limited, they might be powerful early game but their skills do not continue to devastate the opposing side after a time, say, after the 20 minute mark.

The Heroes in LoL are customizable, you can build them for magic damage or physical damage and you can continue to affect opponents cos you can raise the power/effect of the skill you're using, this makes team-fights less predictable and less one sided. The art style may be a bit questionable but still a more intriguing game.

Once again this is just my opinion and from what i've observed.
Cooler Master CM690 II
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212
ATI Radeon HD 5870
6GB Corsair XMS2
Seagate 500GB HDD x2
SB Audigy w/ Sennheiser HD515
OCZ SxS 600W

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »
I've never played HoN but from my personal experience I find the current LoL (it's been over a yr since beta i believe) to be very fun and competitive. There's always action unlike Dota imo and the heroes are well balanced. You guys should try it out again sometime

Offline Shinsoo

• Global Moderator
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 07:08:47 AM »

If you've played DoTA and want a prettier version of DoTA then HoN is for you. It has the same problems DoTA had; there are 5 or 6 heroes who will win your games 95% of the time, if a strategy works against a hero once, it will work all the time, and "int" heroes are limited, they might be powerful early game but their skills do not continue to devastate the opposing side after a time, say, after the 20 minute mark.

The Heroes in LoL are customizable, you can build them for magic damage or physical damage and you can continue to affect opponents cos you can raise the power/effect of the skill you're using, this makes team-fights less predictable and less one sided. The art style may be a bit questionable but still a more intriguing game.

already had this argument on 10 different forums. I played competitive dota (winner of trinigamers fightclub , 2nd java dota tournament, sponsored for dota, streamed live competitively on garena handfuls of times, actually helped icefrog with playdota.com in fact if u check it my video was the first highlighted video ever on playdota.com . I play competitive hon and shoutcast for it . i was probably the first trini to experience lol at that.

Lol cannot be taken seriously competitively simply because money and time is very involved in a competiitve game.
all what you just said there isnt how competitive goes at all. u get 8 bans in competitive dota so even if what u said about imba no counter heroes was true you ban those and 2 more ... if not just hard counter it.

League of legends is literally ideas penndragon stole from dota-allstars.com . went to a different company under icefrogs nose ( the real reason rebirthed and got so popular again) and proceded to take the most money and the most hype to create a sub par game.

Honestly lol is probably more indepth than hon and i will even admit the spell casting style in very creative. Hon is much more than dota with a prettier face. it executes what dota couldnt because of the engine and adds much more.

I tried lol 4 times after the first beta because someone asked me to many times. I honestly cant stand it , i wish i could because i actually marketed it on mobagamers.com and pushed it before i had a chance to play it. Anyways , enjoy it. For me i think its the side of this spectrum i didnt want to go in. lol disappointed me BUT its a good game i still admit so enjoy guys. at least its free and cut scenes actually really good .

actually u know im go past my past judgement and take a peek again
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:15:11 AM by HERO »

Offline NeoSpartan117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Xbox 360, Wii U
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »

already had this argument on 10 different forums. I played competitive dota (winner of trinigamers fightclub , 2nd java dota tournament, sponsored for dota, streamed live competitively on garena handfuls of times, actually helped icefrog with playdota.com in fact if u check it my video was the first highlighted video ever on playdota.com . I play competitive hon and shoutcast for it . i was probably the first trini to experience lol at that.

Lol cannot be taken seriously competitively simply because money and time is very involved in a competiitve game.
all what you just said there isnt how competitive goes at all. u get 8 bans in competitive dota so even if what u said about imba no counter heroes was true you ban those and 2 more ... if not just hard counter it.

League of legends is literally ideas penndragon stole from dota-allstars.com . went to a different company under icefrogs nose ( the real reason rebirthed and got so popular again) and proceded to take the most money and the most hype to create a sub par game.

Honestly lol is probably more indepth than hon and i will even admit the spell casting style in very creative. Hon is much more than dota with a prettier face. it executes what dota couldnt because of the engine and adds much more.

I tried lol 4 times after the first beta because someone asked me to many times. I honestly cant stand it , i wish i could because i actually marketed it on mobagamers.com and pushed it before i had a chance to play it. Anyways , enjoy it. For me i think its the side of this spectrum i didnt want to go in. lol disappointed me BUT its a good game i still admit so enjoy guys. at least its free and cut scenes actually really good .

Well I can't argue with you, I played Dota for less than a month and never played HoN, only joined LoL cuz my bro beg me to and I actually like it and prefer it over Dota.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 02:33:51 PM »
sc2

that is all

Offline LQDSNK

• Chunin
  • Chakra 6
  • mmmmm cake...
    • Wii
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870
  • RAM: 6GB Corsair XMS2
  • Broadband: FLOW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »

I agree with you on some of these points, i was not looking at these games from a solely competitive play angle. If that's the main criteria LoL will lose, it certainly isn't what i would call a hardcore competitive game, no LAN??(Start bad!)

There are ranked games in LoL which have bans and there are hard counters as well, but as in all online games, have to sift through the @$$40!3s to get a good match.
Cooler Master CM690 II
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212
ATI Radeon HD 5870
6GB Corsair XMS2
Seagate 500GB HDD x2
SB Audigy w/ Sennheiser HD515
OCZ SxS 600W

Offline Shinsoo

• Global Moderator
  • Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
played it this morning again. Not much has changed. I actually had more fun this time but its slow even in comparison to dota. And feels very 2 dimensional . The way ganks are done are not very fun and creative. Spells cast fast with no real skill and aiming behind em.

I think lol is fun but a next gen dota it is not. if you guys interested in next gen dota hit me up , i could always hook men up with some bloodline champions keys or we can try some more land of chaos (3d mmosish dota).  erm i will just post the videos for ppl who interested.

If u havent played dota and u want a good introduction into it then actually League of legends is an even better choice than dota. But if u want faster pace , skill , a bit more action based fun . try these.

actually i will make a thread. :)

Carigamers

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal