Author Topic: China forces woman into abortion at EIGHT months for breaching one-child policy  (Read 3707 times)

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
I know population control is a very serious issue in China due to their growing population. Stories like this are pretty brutal, there must be a better way....... :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322601/China-forces-woman-abortion-EIGHT-months-breaching-child-policy.html

An eight-months pregnant woman was dragged from her home and forced to have an abortion because she had broken China’s one-child-per-family law.

Twelve government officials entered Xiao Aiying’s house where they hit and kicked her in the stomach, before taking her kicking and screaming to hospital.

There, the 36-year-old was restrained as doctors injected her with a drug to kill the unborn baby.

Xiao Aiying allowed cameras to film her in the hospital. The bruise on her arm is from the alleged beating she received before offficials injected her baby. She may require surgery to remove pieces of placenta still in her uterus

Xiao Aiying allowed cameras to film her in the hospital. The bruise on her arm is from the alleged beating she received before offficials injected her baby. She may require surgery to remove pieces of placenta still in her uterus

Her husband Luo Yanquan, a construction worker, yesterday described the moment officials burst into his family home.

‘They held her hands behind her back and pushed her head against the wall and kicked her in the stomach,’ he said. ‘I don’t know if they were trying to give her a miscarriage.

‘Our ten-year-old daughter has been excited about having a little brother or sister but I don’t know how I can explain to her what has happened.’
Construction worker Luo Yanquan told Al Jazeera how excited his nine-year-old daughter was for her new sibling, only to have the baby lethally injected when his wife was eight months pregnant

Construction worker Luo Yanquan told Al Jazeera how excited his ten-year-old daughter was for her new sibling, only to have the baby lethally injected when his wife was eight months pregnant

He recalled how a month before the child was due to be born officials told the couple they weren’t allowed to have another baby because they already have a daughter.

His wife, who was filmed in hospital with large bruises on her arms and her dead child still inside her, said: ‘I have had this baby, feeling it moving around and around my belly. Can you imagine how I feel now.’

Her harrowing experience in Siming, near the city of Xiamen, south-west China, on October 10, comes a month after the government in Beijing said there would be no relaxation in strict family planning laws.

Most Chinese families are allowed only one child to reduce the 1.3 billion-plus population and cut unsustainable demand on resources.

The policy leads to an estimated 13 million abortions every year, with many of those ordered by local authorities. Infanticide is also widespread in many rural areas.

Those who violate the one child law can be fined up to £25,000.
Locator map for Siming

The incident took place in Siming on China's east coast

But two decades of economic boom mean many middle class parents now earn enough to pay the fine to expand their family.

For those without cash and connections like the Luos, gruesome summary justice is meted out.

Forced abortions are banned under Chinese law, but this doesn’t prohibit or define late-term abortions.

An official with the Siming district family planning commission said the procedure on Mrs Luo was undertaken voluntarily and that Mr Luo had approved it - a claim he denies.

The couple fear official retribution after making their ordeal public on a blog.

Ordinary Chinese have expressed disgust at the Luos’ ordeal, labelling the family planning officials ‘cruel’ and ‘inhuman’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322601/China-forces-woman-abortion-EIGHT-months-breaching-child-policy.html#ixzz136jj0BSY
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:59:25 PM by woodyear99 »

Carigamers

Offline Wyspa

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Athlon II X2 250 3.0Ghz
  • GPU: XFX Geforce 9800GT 512MB DDR3 Ram
  • RAM: 4 gigs DDR2 Ram
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • PSN: Wyspa65
  • XBL: Wyspa65
Very disheartening to hear.. when we tink we have it bad here in trinidad, it have places where this type of situation is totally legal.
Why don't you kiss my dual-sticks?

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
Study the man (apart from mental and emotional trauma) getting effectively a slap on the wrist... either way its sad to see ppl have to live this way.

Offline Synchronomyst

• Jonin
  • Chakra 19
  • nihil.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Rage.
What can you do to end the hunger?
It's no surprise that many will die with the coming shortage of food
When there is no grain to feed the butchered cows
When there is nothing to feed yourselves...
Then you will see that money can't be eaten.

-The Locust

Carigamers

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal