Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 25660 times)

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
DUST 514
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »
This game was shown off at E3 as a PS3 exclusive and said to allow PC players in EvE connect with DUST players on PS3. Info on the game thats on my site that i thought i'd share

Dust 514 is going to be connected directly to PC/Mac gamers on EvE, EvE which is probably host to the strongest online community the gaming world has yet to witness.

EvE (Not Dust, but still should be explained for the sake of Dust) is a space based MMORPG where the players create and organize 'corporations'. There is no PvE in this game, it is completely about diplomacy, war and trading with other corporations which are player created. Corporations can create space stations and become literal virtual empires online, whether it be through war, diplomacy or trade. This game became got in the news over an amazingly orchestrated heist and assassination by an underground thieves corporation in the game. (I will provide a link when i can search it up and put it on here, honestly its an amazing story you'd think it was a write up for a movie or a SP game)

So what does Dust 514 have to do with EvE?

While EvE is space based, it makes mention of planet battles, although usually it would be just to immerse the players and not directly playable until now. Dust puts us FPS players on the ground, doing the dirty work for the corporations in the galaxy

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/06/introducing-dust-514-a-persistent-shooter-from-ccp/

The Persistent Shooter Concept
Some may know CCP as the creator of EVE Online, a sci-fi MMO with an open galactic setting. It’s a game perhaps best known for its sweeping fleet battles involving thousands of players, its dynamic player-driven economy, and for having (and allowing!) espionage and spycraft. We think of EVE as the ultimate sci-fi simulation, and that’s where DUST 514 comes in. It’s a whole new way of experiencing the EVE universe through what we call a “persistent shooter”.

“Persistence” is the key word here. The world of DUST 514 doesn’t spawn when you fire up your PlayStation 3 — it’s always there and always being experienced and influenced by other players in the EVE universe. When you take part in events in the EVE universe through combat in DUST 514, you’re taking part in something greater than your own individual experience of that world.

Your Battles Have Impact
Your actions have significance. We think that’s a compelling approach to a game, and something that’s currently lacking in the industry. But impact on what? The EVE universe is made up of thousands of solar systems, each with a number of planets within those systems. Those same planets seen in EVE Online, where the MMO players create various planetary structures and colonies, are the potential battlegrounds of DUST 514.

Your fights impact the entire EVE setting, comprised of both DUST 514 mercenaries and EVE Online starship pilots, known as “capsuleers“. When you capture or destroy planetary structures, you are asserting dominance over regions of that planet – perhaps eventually the planet itself. As you profit while wiping out your opposition in DUST 514, the outcomes of these conflicts can affect territorial control of vast regions of space in EVE Online, something of great importance to EVE’s starship pilots.

But making allies of some capsuleers makes rivals of others… and that’s where things get even more interesting. (Can you say, “orbital strike“?) Players of both games will have ways of influencing each other, and actions will ripple between DUST 514 and EVE Online.

Part of what makes EVE Online uncommon among MMOs is that the open setting allows for emergent gameplay. Large-scale fleet warfare is fought among the stars in complex military campaigns that can span months, while spies can infiltrate corps and funnel sensitive intel to the opposition. Industrialists plot and topple rivals on the financial markets rather than through violence; skilled corps of hired guns settle disputes through… aggressive negotiations. This is just a fraction of what players accomplish in the EVE setting, which DUST 514 mercenaries will find their own unique ways to engage in. The possibilities are all there to become a part of this, but what happens is up to you.

Of course, either game can exist on its own without the EVE-DUST Link, but both sides benefit from it greatly when the players of each respective game choose to use the connections for all they’re worth.

A Single Community That Spans DUST 514 and EVE Online
Ah, an aspect of DUST 514 that’s near and dear to my heart. Those friends and enemies you make between the games leads to a great deal of player community interaction. CCP provides the setting with the EVE universe but ultimately it’s you, the players, who really breathe life into it. And people have certainly done so already, long before DUST 514 was even a twinkle in our eye.

EVE Online has history spanning more than eight years, with a vibrant and (usually) mature community linked together through EVE Gate, a social network for EVE players that is tied in with their characters. EVE Online players use it to communicate with their friends and enemies alike, and interact with their corporation even when not playing the game. We will open EVE Gate up to DUST 514 players as well. Opportunities will always be there for those who want to be part of the social fabric of this linked community, the wider EVE setting.

There are definitely challenges ahead, with a unified console and PC gamer community each influencing a shared setting through their respective types of gameplay. Rivalries, alliances and, dare I say, even some drama. Interesting times.

The Virtual Goods Economy
A strength of EVE Online is the depth of its economy. We are taking a similar approach to DUST 514, though we will do so carefully, with a slow integration of economic activity between both titles. (Fun fact: CCP employs two economists to oversee the EVE universe’s virtual economy, one for EVE Online and another focused on DUST 514.)

Virtual goods will be a major part of the in-game economy, and our business model for DUST 514 is built upon digital distribution and virtual goods transactions rather than following the traditional boxed games model. In fact, that’s another key thing that led us to abandon the FPS label in the first place — as a persistent shooter, our approach to creating and operating DUST 514 is more like an MMO. We will continually develop and improve upon DUST 514, but that won’t be funded by going the ‘map pack sales’ route. DUST 514 will have free expansions, and that development will be funded through virtual goods sales. Plus, everyone likes having customization options, right?

The virtual goods themselves will provide all manner of weaponry and defensive technology, vehicles, and more. This perpetual arms race will provide DUST players with variety in their gameplay and an array of virtual goods that supports a chosen playstyle.

http://dust514base.blogspot.com/2011/06/rising-questions-on-dust-514.html

this game will be epic  :banana:
and its gonna be a digital dload on PSN and FREE to play  :happy0203:

Carigamers

DUST 514
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:45:32 AM »
Good stuff.

I am looking forward to this one.  More reason for me to hold onto my PS3.

Non-PS3-owning peasants need not apply.  :happy0203:
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:30 AM »
yup this game will be epic
just hope ppl give it a chance
love how u can have corporations mixed with DUST players and EvE players and voice chat with them and even have EvE players send an orbital strike from space on the planets or DUST players fire artillery into space to fight back

scheduled for a summer 2012 release. Hoping i get into the beta

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:23:08 AM »
Someone explain this free to play model to me like I'm a child.

Its seems like all the rage.

What's the catch?

Do you pay for bullets? or new guns or something? Where do they make the money?

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »
Someone explain this free to play model to me like I'm a child.

Its seems like all the rage.

What's the catch?

Do you pay for bullets? or new guns or something? Where do they make the money?

there will be micro transactions
things like fittings for ur vehicles and guns u can CHOOSE to pay for or use the in game currency and pay for them

here is a quote from the link i provided above

CCP Praetorian said:
Our business model for DUST 514 differs from single retail purchase and optional premium DLC of other games on the market. Instead, DUST is designed to utilize virtual goods sales. I will leave details of the economy system to our resident economist, Eino Joas, who will go over all of this with you in a devblog soon-ish, but here is how this works on a high level:

DUST 514 will, as EVE Online does, have a dynamic virtual economy and market that offers the tools that will give you a competitive edge, when used skillfully. Players are able to purchase different gear to equip before deploying into battle, using InterStellar Kredits (ISK), the in-game earned currency of the EVE universe, or through real money currency, called Aurum (AUR). This provides players with flexibility and adaptability in how they approach a combat scenario. Certain items are only available through ISK transactions, while others are only available through AUR. These are then traded freely on a player-driven secondary marketplace.

Of course, your rivals will aim to do the same, fueling a perpetual arms race between merc outfits, with an expanding range of options available in lockstep with your character's progression. Each side of a given conflict will create character armor and vehicle loadouts with a mix of raw killing power, physical augmentations, and sophisticated electronics. Those choices will factor into your strategy for defeating your opposition.

DUST 514 will be continually developed and improved upon over time and there will always be new features and aspects to DUST just around the corner. Oh, and all expansion packs will always be free.

also all future expansions to the game will be FREE
so essentially u can just buy the game and not spend a cent after and get free expansions
its up to u if u wanna spend real money on items in the game
as the quote says some can only be earned through ISK and some can only be acquired through AUR (real money) and by the looks of things players can also sell and trade with others as well

http://dust514base.blogspot.com/
this site is currently the best source for DUST info

ive been waiting for a game like this for a while now, one that i can see myself spending some years on and not moving onto a new game within months

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »

Offline mouie

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • SWITH 3DS
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
Looks real good!

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:11:27 AM »

30-40 player matches? orly? :D

vid explaining the integration between EvE and DUST
epic

DUST > BF3/MW3........yes i said it, game looks more appealing than the majority of other shooters coming out lately

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181541p1.html

CCP's upcoming PS3-exclusive MMOFPS Dust 514 will require a $10-$20 "cover charge" before you can start playing, CEO Hilmar Veigar Petursson has told GamesIndustry.biz . You'll then receive the equivalent amount of money in in-game credits.

"You're really getting the game for free but you have to pre-buy credits in the beginning. We might go fully free-to-play down the line, but in the beginning we have a cover charge just to manage the initial launch of it," Petursson said.

"We have always been a big believer in growing up a social network behind the game in a slow and predictable way. Because we have seen that if you don't do that you can end up with a very unstructured experience, where there's no cohesion to the community. By growing it at the beginning we help to make a healthy environment initially."

Players in Dust 514 will affect the world of EVE Online, CCP's long-running and well-respected space MMO, and vice-versa. It was revealed to be a PS3 (and Vita) exclusive during Sony's E3 press conference this year.

Dust is still on track to release in Spring 2012 via PSN. Evidently, the initial download will be free.

na............10-20 and u get the game? WIN
and talk of it being FREE further down as well? na man lol

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
For once I can agree with you.  :laughing7:

20 US might actually be 'too little' for what is shaping up to be
a pretty wicked game.

...and you get it 'back' as in-game credits.  Nice move there.

I can't fault them for this model.  I hope it's embraced at launch
and not just waited on for the eventual freeness.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline madmunkie

• Chunin
  • Chakra 35
  • Trophy Hunter
    • :ps3: :wii: SNES
    • View Profile
  • PSN: mad_munkie
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
$10-$20 US...I woulda be content paying twice that amount given the massiveness of the game. This is a good strategic move by the devs, I would expect to see the eve and DUST communities to blot out the sun upon release. Cyah wait nah!
Nice find Blu.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »
For once I can agree with you.  :laughing7:

20 US might actually be 'too little' for what is shaping up to be
a pretty wicked game.

...and you get it 'back' as in-game credits.  Nice move there.

I can't fault them for this model.  I hope it's embraced at launch
and not just waited on for the eventual freeness.

das d same thing i thinkin
i was quite happy to shell out the usual 60 but 20? steal right there

no reason for a ps3 shooter fan to NOT look into this when u consider the scale of the game, the connectivity between the PC and PS3 and all future expansions to be released will be FREE............na man dem pullin my leg lol

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 01:35:47 PM »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189206p1.html

Of the many games I've seen here at Gamescom 2011, Dust 514 may be the most ambitious. It's a first-person shooter exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and intertwined with sci-fi MMO EVE: Online. EVE has been around for eight years and has 370,000 players exploring the universe, building economies, and engaging in epic space combat. But all this time the game has lacked planetary surface combat -- and that's where Dust 514 comes in. It's the next step in EVE: Online's evolution and, interestingly enough, you can only play it on PS3.

More Dust 514 Videos

Through Dust 514's multiplayer skirmishes you can take control of entire planets in EVE: Online. Yes, you can own an entire planet. But the fight isn't over once it's yours -- you then have to defend it. EVE is a persistent world, and another player could come along at any time and try to take or even completely destroy your world. Economic repercussions from these planetary wars can be felt galaxies away in other areas of EVE: Online. The developer, CCP, says it wants Dust 514 to be about "more than just shooting another guy in the face."

You don't need to have any experience with EVE in order to jump into Dust 514, although, right from the start, there is plenty of mingling with the EVE community. Before launching a planetside operation you'll have time to hang out in the command center of your ship and chat with both Dust 514 and EVE players. This way you can find people to play with and, perhaps, form a corporation (EVE's version of a guild). Hooking up with PC gamers playing EVE is a very good idea, as they can provide air support from orbit while you're down in the dirt.

But this is how high-concept Dust 514 is: those EVE players aren't participating in a vacuum. Their MMO game continues and if someone attacks their ship or they become distracted by any number of diversions, you may be left on your own when you call in that orbital strike.

First thing you'll do when jumping into Dust 514 is customize your soldier. Expect the download to cost around $20 (it won't require a subscription, as EVE does), which is converted to in-game currency to get you started with weapons, armor, and vehicles. The more you play, the more money you'll earn, and the more toys you'll be able to buy. Customizing your soldier is called "fitting."

Don't get too attached to that stuff, though. The soldier you send down to a planet to fight is actually a clone, and if he doesn't make it back you're out all of his equipment.

Once you're fitted to your liking you're off to do battle on the surface below. One example I saw was a seven-on-seven Skirmish mode (that supports up to 32 players). Our team was out to drop the shields on an enemy spaceship that was docked on the planet so it could be destroyed. We started some distance from the facility, so the first half of the mission was spent in a tank making our way there. Once we arrived at our destination we made our way to the terminal controlling the shields on foot, taking out enemies along the way. A few orbital strikes were called in from a buddy playing on PC and proved quite effective.

You can take over entire planets in Dust 514 -- but not without a fight.

Visually, Dust 514 reminds me of Mass Effect. Particularly in your command center hub before a mission. One really nice touch is you can look out the window to see the planet you're about to drop to -- a planet that exists in EVE: Online and may have its own communities and corporations.

Developer CCP says it wants Dust 514 to feel very different from other first-person shooters. To that end, it is succeeding. Hopefully the game ends up being as fun as it is interesting. A private beta will begin towards the end of this year with an expected summer 2012 launch to follow.

another must own PS3 exclusive right here
probably one of the most ambitious games to date and relatively cheap for $20 ;)

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »
Looks like Halo on PS3 lol cool

Offline phoenix31tt

• Kage
  • Chakra -2
    • PS3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0Ghz
  • GPU: Sapphire 5970
  • RAM: 12GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: phoenix_31tt
  • XBL: phoenix31tt
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »

same thing i thought when i saw the screens

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 05:53:10 PM »

only game that is similar to Halo on PS3 is Resistance......i dont get where ppl come to these conclusions

each races equipment, facilities and vehicles have a different look, each race has a different backstory, ideals etc i take it no one did any background research on EVE seeing as this game and EVE share the same universe and are connected in real time to one another.......

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 07:41:43 PM »
I dunno boy Vice.

That's the same thing I thought....a.nd that isn't a bad thing.

Offline phoenix31tt

• Kage
  • Chakra -2
    • PS3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0Ghz
  • GPU: Sapphire 5970
  • RAM: 12GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: phoenix_31tt
  • XBL: phoenix31tt
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
lol... we said that based on the screen shots.. thats all...

Offline Saxito Pau

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 15
  • Worms will never die!
    • Original NES
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0
  • RAM: Crucial Tracer 16GB DDR3-1600
  • BattleNet ID: SaxitoPau#1996
  • Broadband: Flow 60Mbps
  • Steam: Saxito Pau
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »
Just looked at screen shots.. my first thought: "Halo"
God is dead.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

looked at this screenshot..........my 1st thought cod
ucwutididthere?

@wyatt actually it is a bad thing. halo is run an gun super jump all that, this game is being touted in the MAG community as a MAG 2...the ideas we wanted MAG to fulfill not even remotely close to Halo coming out ppls mouths, i told a clan member lookup DUST..his 1st thought BF2142....not halo

ppl see KZ.....1st thought...Halo lolwut??
just label all PS3 shooters halo and gears an done lol

there is a reason i put ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that info on the game in the OP and even the post with the screenshots i put those last.

Once ppl have a perception of a game its hard to shake it off hence i provide info for ppl to read....guess reading was too much to ask....

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal