Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 25658 times)

Offline phoenix31tt

• Kage
  • Chakra -2
    • PS3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0Ghz
  • GPU: Sapphire 5970
  • RAM: 12GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: phoenix_31tt
  • XBL: phoenix31tt
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »
when wyatt say it isnt a bad thing... he means halo is a popular game thats not avail on ps3.. so saying it looks like halo will actually get people more interested than saying its more similar to mag or eve :S...

if you really trying to promote the game don't fight down the people who assisting.. is not like we saying... looks like halo so PASS... more like... looks like halo lemme check it out :)

btw... sometimes posting TOO much info is a turn off and reading is plenty to ask at times when there is so much other info to read on the internets
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:02:01 AM by phoenix31tt »

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »
when wyatt say it isnt a bad thing... he means halo is a popular game thats not avail on ps3.. so saying it looks like halo will actually get people more interested than saying its more similar to mag or eve :S...

if you really trying to promote the game don't fight down the people who assisting.. is not like we saying... looks like halo so PASS... more like... looks like halo lemme check it out :)

btw... sometimes posting TOO much info is a turn off and reading is plenty to ask at times when there is so much other info to read on the internets

stopped reading after the bold.....ur wrong
most ps3 mp players actually hate Halo and hate it when ppl compare their games to halo
so saying it looks like halo actually turns more ps3 ppl off than on the game

just a little fun fact for u.

Offline phoenix31tt

• Kage
  • Chakra -2
    • PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »
ok so lets see how many ppl who commented saying it was cool are ps3 ppl (me, wyatt, redlum) dunno if sax is a ps3 person... but yea.. we all did...

so i cant take your word for it that ps3 players hate halo... the ones i know (especially the ones that actually played halo) actually have no problem with it... and like it

i think you need to separate your opinions from what YOU think everybody else WOULD think... especially when talking to a ps3 owner :S

if you want to say competitive players hate it.. i'm more willing to accept that... but you constantly need to remind yourself that competitive gamers are not the majority of ppl (as you rightly pointed out in another thread).. so appealing to the mainstream will help promote ANY game
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:16:57 AM by phoenix31tt »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »
phoenix for president yes.

Where is that co-sign graphic when you need one.

*edit* Found it
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:44:54 AM by TriniWyatt »

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »
ok so lets see how many ppl who commented saying it was cool are ps3 ppl (me, wyatt, redlum) dunno if sax is a ps3 person... but yea.. we all did...

so i cant take your word for it that ps3 players hate halo... the ones i know (especially the ones that actually played halo) actually have no problem with it... and like it

i think you need to separate your opinions from what YOU think everybody else WOULD think... especially when talking to a ps3 owner :S

if you want to say competitive players hate it.. i'm more willing to accept that... but you constantly need to remind yourself that competitive gamers are not the majority of ppl (as you rightly pointed out in another thread).. so appealing to the mainstream will help promote ANY game

lol u are talkin about trini ppl
i play with alot more than just trinis my friends
gatt isnt the only forum and surely isnt pro ps3 lol

why would i say competitive players hate it? u do realise Halo has an MLG playlist that caters to competitive players right?

YOU need to stop thinking everything i say is what only competitive ppl think. Nothing about my comment mentions competition at all yet YOU jumped to that conclusion that somehow it was based on that just like u jumped to a conclusion about the game without looking at all the previous posts....

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »

Offline phoenix31tt

• Kage
  • Chakra -2
    • PS3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
ok since i'm talking about trini ppl.. and gatt is primarily made up of trini ppl... wont you think saying it looks like halo will improve the adoption of dust in GATT?...

aye if you refuse to see the logic in what i saying you fix up...

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »
ok since i'm talking about trini ppl.. and gatt is primarily made up of trini ppl... wont you think saying it looks like halo will improve the adoption of dust in GATT?...

aye if you refuse to see the logic in what i saying you fix up...

being that i play PS3 alot more than u do i would say NO
lets see here......KZ looks like Halo.......rarely anyone plays it........R3 looks like Halo not a soul plays it.....where are the majority of the trini community on PS3? COD COD and more COD

u talk logic but ive been on PS3 far longer than u and i actually use my system for mp games unlike Red

want me to make a prediction on this game? ill probably be the only 1 playing it, ppl play for a 2 weeks and move right back to their comfort zone cod, ive seen this for years with EVERY major PS3 exclusive release, they flock right back to cod this will not be any different.

and seeing that this game will require ALOT of time, a large grp/clan to be successful and isnt geared towards casuals then yea.....ill be the only 1 playing it after that initial trial period.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
keep thinking like that and it will be true!

Hear what phoenix sayin in bullet form

1) we meant the halo comment as a compliment

2) we want to support the game and the ps3 community (of which we are all a part of)

Stick that move controller out from where the sun don't shine for a second and see the man's good intentions!!!

buh aye aye. How you handlin' your comrades rough so?

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »
Vice is right, Trinis are COD whores...lol I've seen it on Xbox 360 and PS3. No doubt about that...But there is a reason, because not everyone is hardcore, its easy to pick up and play, its fast run and gun action and fills that action void that people want. Thats why its so popular. Its also the killstreak nonsense that draws people to COD because it gives them a sense of satisfaction. If I had my way, I would take COD back to its roots, back to the days of COD 2 when there were no killstreaks or perks, just you and your gun and skill...

In terms of the screen shots looking like Halo, I said so because of the pics of the Tank, which looks like a Scorpion from Halo...the Buggy, which is a rounded off version of a WartHog, thats not a bad thing, because it works for Halo and I take it as flattery that Halo could influence the design of DUST hardware...

The reason I don't game on my PS3 is because of the lack of Community and the horrible Dual Shock Controller...really not an FPS friendly controller AT ALL....Plus, If I'm gonna play a COD game, I will do it on Xbox 360 mainly because I have already built a community on Live of tons of Trinis...I keep my PS3 around for single player titles and Netflix..and Sony hasn't gotten their act together with party chat or cross-game chat which sucks King Kong balls...

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
the xbox 360 can't do netflix?

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 11:36:46 AM »
the xbox 360 can't do netflix?

It can, but while I game on my 360, my wife can watch Netflix :P

Offline Doomtack

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 17
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7 930 @ 3.4
  • GPU: 2x GTX 580 SC SLI
  • RAM: 6Gigs HyperX DDR3
  • Broadband: Blink 8Mb
  • PSN: Doomtack
  • XBL: DoomtackTT
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
This is why i doh say anything on this forum. Always have somebody to bash in your opinion. If the feller find the game look like halo, what does it matter to you?!
Blatant fanboy-ism here.

And for the record, I own a PS3 and a 360, and i don't care for halo MP. I did however love the Halo 1 MP alot more than current iterations.
As for this game, it looks awesome! I will check it out.

[I revoke the right to quote this post]

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
Re: Re: DUST 514
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
As a 'PS3 enthusiast' myself, I'm actually going to agree (in principle) with Blu_ViCe here....

People are free to make whatever generalisations they want about this game, but I think it's rather damning, in light of all the info posted, to just broad-brush it with a 'looks like Halo' comment.  Maybe it's because I don't like/play Halo at all that has me thinking that way, but when I first saw the game in action at E3 I was like 'f@#k yeah, some new futuristic $#1t'.  Not once did 'Halo' cross my mind.

If I was a dev for this game, and somebody said that, I might want to kick them down a flight of stairs.  Again, that may just be my dislike of Halo talking.

I won't get into the PSN vs XBL debate, but I really wish PSN was on par with XBL in the 'party-chat' department.  Of course Sony has admitted that this won't happen on the PS3, but even without this, I think what's on offer here can stand on it's own as a bona-fide new franchise...despite the inane comparisons.

...after all, it's only concept art, which will look nothing like the finished product.

I for one, WILL be buying this game.

Swyped from another Galaxy using Tapatalk
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:38:14 PM »
http://dust514base.blogspot.com/2011/08/eve-rpgamer-interview-from-pax-dust.html

Thanks to @Mitauchi tweet, we discovered PAX 2011 interview from RPGamer.com that is talking (with CCP Soundwave) mostly about EVE Online but has very interesting bit from 07:31 until 11:37 about DUST as well. What he pretty much confirmed in the video is:

You purchase gear in bulk before battle, and once you die, you have to refit your character completely, just like in Counter-Strike, just a little bit deeper. Hopefully you will be able to save your fittings as well and just click-load them up on yourself again and move on.

"Casual-friendly" part will exist only in "insignificant" (say, high security space) parts of space, while nullsec and lowsec areas of space will for sure be for dedicated players that want to go deep into the game.

Slots and implants will define what your role will be in battle, so you can focus on tanking, sniping, speed and vehicle eliminating etc.

Once again, thanks to RPGamer for those questions about DUST 514, and the tweet that discovered it! Also, I advise you to listen to the entire interview, just so you can get a little bit clearer picture about EVE universe if you are not EVE player yourself! It is dangerous world, you better come prepared.

http://dust514base.blogspot.com/2011/09/gamasutra-interview-with-thomas-farrer.html
Gamasutra just published their interview with Thomas Farrer, producer on DUST 514. Here are some highlights of the interview, and I suggest you read the entire thing, of course! The interview itself does not give us something new, but it is worthy read.

I find it interesting that people are going to play on planetary surfaces. A traditional shooter would have maps.

TF: Yeah.

How does that work from your perspective of like, "This is really happening on Planet A. This is really happening on Planet B." I'm assuming it's classes of planets, or whatever.

TF: Yeah, so we create what we call mission terrain. We create outposts that are larger structures, like Biomass Reprocessing. We can change certain aspects of those maps. For example, we can socket in different outposts. We can change the environmental texture sets and things like that to better represent the planet.

Again, so we can better represent where you are, the maps aren't static. It isn't always like, "Oh, I'm just playing this map again." But you'll still be able to learn them. Because, you know, in first-person, you want that familiarity of being able to learn good positions.
But it won't be as static as you usually get in a first-person game. "I'm endlessly fighting this battle." Again, over time, we plan to develop those systems more and more so we can create more and more variation in terms of how we change the environments depending on which planet you're on.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 07:59:15 AM »

explaining some interaction between the 2 games

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 08:09:23 AM »

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 08:43:24 AM »

Again, so we can better represent where you are, the maps aren't static. It isn't always like, "Oh, I'm just playing this map again." But you'll still be able to learn them. Because, you know, in first-person, you want that familiarity of being able to learn good positions.
But it won't be as static as you usually get in a first-person game. "I'm endlessly fighting this battle." Again, over time, we plan to develop those systems more and more so we can create more and more variation in terms of how we change the environments depending on which planet you're on.

That is a very interesting idea, one that I've always wanted to see implemented in an online game. I wonder if it would be cool having to relearn maps over time as they change or if it would just get annoying.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:48 AM »
i think its more of just alot of different environments for the different planets in the 5000+ solar systems

also u can build infrastructure on the planets themselves, whether this would play a part of changing the actual different territories that make up a planet idk

but so far this is my most anticipated game, concept is good and the previews have been good so far just hope the gameplay matches the awesome concept besides its gonna be fun not just beating another clan but taking their territory and crippling them economically just sounds like too much fun to pass up :P

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming

Carigamers

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal