Author Topic: !EVERYTHING! PS4  (Read 226740 times)

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
Re: !EVERYTHING! PS4
« Reply #800 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
A video demonstrating the multitasking speed on the PS4. Plex is a great app I highly recommend it for streaming content to other devices on your network.

Carigamers

« Reply #800 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #801 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57:18 AM »
Nice, that's some fluid multitasking there

I think they are setting a dangerous precedent here. Previously when you purchased a title on ps plus you owned it regardless of whether you kept your ps plus subscription. If this is a new trend for ps plus it will be a concern.

Also drive club has an offline component which some may want to play if their ps plus subscription expires.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Woody is absolutely right.

The danger is in the precedent. If there was considerable uptake, that strategy would soon become mainstream.

A step in the wrong direction.

I'm glad to see the decision reversed.

Don't forget for the PS3, plus was an "option". You HAD choice. Now for the PS4 it is mandatory for online play.

@ FireKyler, TitanFall is free to play online multiplayer on PC thankfully. No pay wall shenanigans.

Gamers on this forum have long complained about xbox requiring you to pay for online play. The Trinidad market for the console suffered greatly for that very fact in the 360 generation.

Lucky for them, PS4 now requires pay to play, putting the systems on parity.

Always remember that "gamers" aren't a homogeneous entity.

The gamer saying "wtmc! I hate this drive club fiasco" is not necessarily the same gamer saying "yay, I love paying xbox live to play TitanFall" lol

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i5
  • GPU: hd7870
  • RAM: 8gb
  • Broadband: blink(no choice)
  • Origin ID: firekyler
  • PSN: firekyler
  • Steam: firekyler
  • XBL: DiscreetCamper
« Reply #802 on: May 10, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
yea thats why i said xbox platforms. say what eh but consoles always have a better community in online games, so that free online on pc have its shortcomings. for example cod ghosts on pc u can only find a game of team deathmatch and sometimes domination. cause the community is pretty much dead. i was even considering buying titanfall on pc but i get information that that community is dead also so the best time to play an online game that is not dota 2 on pc is prime time. while on the consoles we have to pay unfortunately but i could play any online game mode at 3am in the morning. lol and thats new consoles i talking about that aint even been released 1yr yet. on ps3/360 it will even be better. i aint attacking the pc eh i love the pc, love the fact that i can play any game that virtually ever came out, i played gta san andreas recently, love steam and the reliablility and upgradability of a pc vs a console. but  out of all the positives this is the only negative i could find

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
Nice, that's some fluid multitasking there

I think they are setting a dangerous precedent here. Previously when you purchased a title on ps plus you owned it regardless of whether you kept your ps plus subscription. If this is a new trend for ps plus it will be a concern.

Also drive club has an offline component which some may want to play if their ps plus subscription expires.

Woody is absolutely right.

The danger is in the precedent. If there was considerable uptake, that strategy would soon become mainstream.

A step in the wrong direction.

I'm glad to see the decision reversed.

Don't forget for the PS3, plus was an "option". You HAD choice. Now for the PS4 it is mandatory for online play.

@ FireKyler, TitanFall is free to play online multiplayer on PC thankfully. No pay wall shenanigans.

Gamers on this forum have long complained about xbox requiring you to pay for online play. The Trinidad market for the console suffered greatly for that very fact in the 360 generation.

Lucky for them, PS4 now requires pay to play, putting the systems on parity.

Always remember that "gamers" aren't a homogeneous entity.

The gamer saying "wtmc! I hate this drive club fiasco" is not necessarily the same gamer saying "yay, I love paying xbox live to play TitanFall" lol

ur not making much sense
did they not give u a choice? buy $60 ver or take PS+ ver? is that not choice or does definition of choice vary depending on whether it suits ppl or not?

gamers are funny, complain all during PS3 era how PSN wasnt up to par with XBL, Sony now giving ppl a service that imo is now BETTER than XBL and yet ppl forget how they used to complain those months/years ago about the service. U cant expect better service and also keeping it free u have to choose.

Said it in the other thread ill repeat again only ppl really nitpicking at PS+ are ppl that turn on their PS4s once in a blue moon.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2014, 10:57:57 AM »

did they not give u a choice? buy $60 ver or take PS+ ver? is that not choice or does definition of choice vary depending on whether it suits ppl or not?

They gave you a choice...for now.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it....first they will take an inch.....and then the mile.

As I illustrated with the plus service...which was optional at first and now mandatory for online play.

We have to be careful where these paths lead.

Carigamers

« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2014, 10:57:57 AM »

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #805 on: May 10, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
They backed down on the driveclub mandatory plus subscription because of the backlash from consumers. If there wasn't any negative pr they would have left it so.

@Firekyler I don't have cod on pc but haven't had issues finding games on pc version of titanfall, seems to be pretty popular still. There are still many people playing bf4 on pc as well. Don't think the pc platform has a problem in that regard ie finding servers with players.

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 10, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
well the titanfall instance is based on someone else experience,they said looking for certain game types is very hard, one example i remember is last titan standing and pilot hunter, have to wait long to get match. its much easier to find games on attrition/capture the flag. so next time u play check n let me know. i have cod ghosts on pc. u can easily find a game of team deathmatch and maybe domination. the others its very hard. bf4 is a popular pc game, don't expect any problems there. in most cases console community is bigger in all multiplayer games

Offline TriniGamerShaq

• Chunin
  • Chakra -64
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • Origin ID: TriniShaq
  • PSN: TriniGamerShaq
  • Steam: TriniGamerShaq
« Reply #807 on: May 10, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »
Surprisingly PC is the 3 most populated platform when it come to BF. Being behind PS3 and PS4. Wouldn't be surprised if the rankings went like that for other games.

Sent from my STUDIO 5.5 using Tapatalk

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 10, 2014, 10:17:38 PM »
Not surprising

Consoles had larger numbers than PC since last gen in CoD

I don't expect that to change soon.

Despite being superior, the number of people with high end gaming PCs will forever be less than those with $249 consoles

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 10, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »
400-500 dollar consoles. 

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Qloxx

• Kage
  • Chakra 9
  • Life is short but so are midgets.
    • Psvita,Ps3,Ps4 3dsXL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: 3.5ghz AMD FX 6300
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 650ti 2gb gddr5
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB
  • MBL: htc1 m8
  • PSN: Qzide
  • Steam: Qzide
« Reply #810 on: May 10, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »
The main reason i game on console is the exclusives and i'm not talking about Titan fall i'm talking about the God of war, killzone,gears of war and infamous type games that you can only play on the respective console. yes i'll buy the multi-platform on the console because even though i spent money to bef up my system i mainly use it for other things besides games but thats just me everyone has their own preference.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 11, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »
400-500 dollar consoles. 

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

You can buy a PS3 and play CoD, etc... for $249

The Xbox 360 4GB is available for US$179

That will also run CoD Ghosts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D9EPI38/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D9EPI38&linkCode=as2&tag=g12n7-20

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »
ok the 360/ps3 have been out awhile, i think both of them are sitting at higher that 80 million each sold. was not comparing the players online on last gen consoles to pc. but rather comparing them to the current gen consoles that have been out about 7 months for the most and that cost 400-500 dollars. but i believe in cod/titanfall etc case the low numbers are prob due to the fact that pc gamers dont really like that style of games, there are other games on pc with high player numbers that rival even last gen consoles. although in most cases and prob for the style of games i play, consoles have better communities. i still play on pc , sometimes i even boot up the same cod ghosts on pc when i dont feel like going tru the trouble of booting my game console. since my pc is always on

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 11, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
yea thats why i said xbox platforms. say what eh but consoles always have a better community in online , so that free online on pc have its shortcomings. for example cod ghosts on pc u can only find a game of team deathmatch and sometimes domination. cause the community is pretty much dead. i was even considering buying titanfall on pc but i get information that that community is dead also so the best time to play an online game that is not dota 2 on pc is prime time. while on the consoles we have to pay unfortunately but i could play any online game mode at 3am in the morning. lol and thats new consoles i talking about that aint even been released 1yr yet. on ps3/360 it will even be better. i aint attacking the pc eh i love the pc, love the fact that i can play any game that virtually ever came out, i played gta san andreas recently, love steam and the reliablility and upgradability of a pc vs a console. but  out of all the positives this is the only negative i could find

You said xbox platforms (plural) and referenced the ps3/360, hence their inclusion in my post.

As woody said, there isn't any issues getting a game of TitanFall on PC at any time.

I even played during the day when you would expect a ghost town and have had no problems.

Would love to hear who told you it was dead?

As for CoD, it has gotten a severe backlash from the PC community in recent times for reasons too long to go into here. I expect things to be less peachy on that front.

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
yea thats why i said xbox platforms. say what eh but consoles always have a better community in online games, so that free online on pc have its shortcomings. for example cod ghosts on pc u can only find a game of team deathmatch and sometimes domination. cause the community is pretty much dead. i was even considering buying titanfall on pc but i get information that that community is dead also so the best time to play an online game that is not dota 2 on pc is prime time. while on the consoles we have to pay unfortunately but i could play any online game mode at 3am in the morning. lol and thats new consoles i talking about that aint even been released 1yr yet. on ps3/360 it will even be better. i aint attacking the pc eh i love the pc, love the fact that i can play any game that virtually ever came out, i played gta san andreas recently, love steam and the reliablility and upgradability of a pc vs a console. but  out of all the positives this is the only negative i could find

yes i referenced that its even worst when compared to  older  systems but the main comparison was between pc and ps4/xb1.
but i get your point anyway.
also i should leave titanfall out of my argument since i don't have he game and don't like to quote people.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:14:35 PM by firekyler »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 11, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »
Excellent.

So where did you hear pc community was dead?

I find it alarming someone would be spreading such mischief. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline firekyler

• Chunin
  • Chakra -19
    • xbox one, pc
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 12, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »
well if thats the case and it still pumping on pc then i should just get it there. if u recommend

Offline Fkacn_tt

• Global Moderator
  • Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • PS3,PsP, Dead PS2
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
  • GPU: XFX 4850 512mb
  • RAM: 2 GB PC 6400
  • PSN: r_guy007
« Reply #817 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:37 PM »
Compared to console gaming, yes pc gaming is on life support. MMORPGS, MOBAS, RTSES and the likes of those genres, are the only thing keeping it alive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:25:06 PM by Slaming »
" border="0

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #818 on: May 13, 2014, 05:23:01 AM »

They gave you a choice...for now.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it....first they will take an inch.....and then the mile.

As I illustrated with the plus service...which was optional at first and now mandatory for online play.

We have to be careful where these paths lead.

go back to my original statement on ppl complaining about PSN on PS3 not being very good and now complaining about it being paid. Only ppl that making noise are ppl that dont use their system very much because for the 4-5 times they load up their system for the year they now cant play online, how many times had u used ur PS3 online?

U cant expect a better service and still expect the money to develop and maintain it to come out of thin air

Excellent.

So where did you hear pc community was dead?

I find it alarming someone would be spreading such mischief. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

quite a few ppl ive heard say that the TF PC community is dead/dead-ish. But thats just that particular overhyped game not in general.

SHAREfactory update in the works already
https://twitter.com/newbreedofnerd/status/466019895814012928

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »
well if thats the case and it still pumping on pc then i should just get it there. if u recommend

Yeah, definitely pumping. Would heartily recommend.

You can join our TitanFall group on facebook and all (if you haven't already)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/843622249000753/

@slamming....you just called the full range of genres that dominate the PC landscape. lol. That is like saying football is dead, is just world cup and the premier league keeping it alive.

@vice. The point still stands....we were given a choice of psn plus before...and now it has become mandatory for online play. I FIRMLY agree with Woody's cautionary note. It is a bad precedent to offer an plus mandate for Drive Club and I am glad the option has been revoked. Slippery slope.

As for my PS3, I played tons of street fighter, tekken, soul calibur, etc.... online. Loved it and I didn't have to pay a cent.

No one answered whether they could confirm if those titles will be free 2 play online on the PS4 when they arrive.

I anxiously await.

Refuse to play FPS games on gamepad vs the superior keyboard and mouse on the PC, mainly play fighters primarily on the console (as explained time and time again)

Lone exception being Halo on the xbox and Uncharted on the PS3 where I used a keyboard and moues adapter

Carigamers

« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal