Author Topic: HTC One Unveiled (M7)  (Read 11607 times)

Offline LQDSNK

• Chunin
  • Chakra 6
  • mmmmm cake...
    • Wii
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870
  • RAM: 6GB Corsair XMS2
  • Broadband: FLOW
Re: HTC One Unveiled (M7)
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »
Yes, i am saying that the majority of those people fell for marketing.
I have not met a single client that has even heard of the HTC One X, let alone knows the difference between the GS2 and GS3 other than the fact its "better".

Samsung had a very agressive marketing campaign, in almost every subway in america them samsung banners are stuck all over the place, they saturate the airways, and they get strong carrier relations.

The HTC One X does not even sell on contract over here, it no where to be seen, the Iphone and Galaxy on the other hand are d hot devices.

Is a combination of factors cuase samsung to get as strong as they did, and the fact that they have a removeable battery is one of d lowest thing son d list that got them where they are.

As you point out, many reviews and tech sites says the HTC One X is a better device, then there is the One X Plus / Droid DNA, yet still being a better device they loose in sales, and its not becuase they have unibody design, is because of samsung's superior marketing.

When men go to buy phone, is ah iphone or ah galaxy, they dont even know d term GS3, or Galaxy S 3, they juss know the "galaxy" brand. And the power of that is not a simple matter, and imo contribute dramatically to samsung's success. Hardly anybody i meet even know's what/who HTC is.

So at d end of d day, it doesnt matter if HTC had removebale battery or sd card, or make a unibody phone 10 times better. Unless they market d shit out of it, they kinda screwed.

Dont underestimate the power of marketing. It took samsung a while to build the galaxy brand, but it's now established, and a serious threat. HTC trying to build the "One" brand, but carriers didnt let up at all.

Samsung had the GS3 in it's exact configuration and name, across all carriers world wide. HTC had to dilute they brand, make droid dna, this, that and d other. If they can sell the HTC One, with that name, on all carriers, wihtout changes, and good marketing, they have a chance of coming back.

Time will see if htc have enouhg money left to pull that campaign off, but samsung hard work in that department paying up bigtime now.

I second this. I've met no one who knows about the HTC One X other than the other two people i know with the phone. The providers here are pushing Galaxy because Samsung is pushing them, HTC simply does not have the power and have to come from behind.
I am not a fanboy of either brand but i can sense the panic coming out of the HTC camp rushing phones out without concentrating on marketing a line. WHich is what they finally trying to do now that ALL major competitors have been doing for a while, not only in the phone industry but all industries.
Cooler Master CM690 II
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212
ATI Radeon HD 5870
6GB Corsair XMS2
Seagate 500GB HDD x2
SB Audigy w/ Sennheiser HD515
OCZ SxS 600W

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline Preston786

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB X2
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400
  • Broadband: Digicel Play
  • Origin ID: Preston786
  • Steam: Preston786
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
'Never heard of the One X'?  After all that extensive coverage and glowing reviews in the mainstream tech media?
Your 'clients' need to be more well read than they are now.
Still, that does underscore HTC's failure to really show up Samsung in the marketing department.

For every person that you say that hasn't heard of the One X, I can probably provide one that has and I am pretty sure they chose another device based on the One X's 'perceived' shortcomings, so that argument is moot.

I still think however, that most smartphone shoppers are more well-informed than they're being given credit for.

HTC needs to step their marketing game up, big time, and demonstrate why they believe their hardware design is superior, or the competition will circle-jerk all over them again.

SwiftKeyFlowed from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 2

Yea this is what has been happening when HTC was on top they wasted time not marketing themselves enough and relying on the US carriers ( e.g. the my touch 4g etc ) mostly Carrier branded phones then they put almost ALL they funds into beats for some stupid reason and well u see where they are now Samsung came from nowhere and got all this market share with the Galaxy line because of the aggressive marketing and actually showing direct competition to the iPhone in the ads etc and we see the end result but i know some CEO's and managers that have S3's and only have them because they mobile reps pushed them as " better" than the usual blackberry some actually don't even know why . Even recently I know a CEO that told their IT dept they wanted a phone must be a Nokia ... "one of the new ones" ... exact word for word description and this is happening with regular people and S3... most in Trinidad don't even know about the Note only through Bmobile when the note went on Sale so I like to not give most buyers any credit..... and I know for a FACT 99 % of having "opinions" don't know that without HTC in the earlies partnering with google  and putting emphasis on Android on their devices when everybody else didn't even care ....beefed up the platform it def would not be where it is today without them...

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »
That's really unfortunate.

Look at this article: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=29935

Look at the very...first...comment...

...and that commenter is not alone...

...and that's just this one article.  Extrapolate that and consider how much people just gave this new phone a solid 'pass'.
I'm pretty sure there are lots of readers (and potential buyers) out there that feel the same way. To ignore them time and again is a mistake.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
Arcman, d people who post on places like that, or about new phone hardware is not representative of the masses.
those are the vocal minority. The majority does not give ah damn. Marketing exist for a reason, and the majority of galaxy customers buy it solely because it was marketed to them.

Apple lacked those features but was not number one for years by guess.

My own experience (and the previous two posters) has shown that generally users are oblivious to these specifications and buy phones based on marketing or what is recommended to them by sales reps etc.

if the gs4 goes unibody I'm certain 100% it will sell more phones than the gs3, why? Cause its the "new galaxy".
this behavior has been observed by every new release of an "iDevice" and is representative of the mass market.

edit:

physical keyboards on smartphones is a perfect example of what is ultimately going to happen to removable batteries and expandable storage. And it will not deter sales in any form. Blackberry anyone?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:27:18 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:13 AM »
... if ALL manus embrace the unibody design going forward, then we as buyers won't have a choice.
At that point, I'll have to say a reluctant goodbye to the form-factor I know and love.  If the new feature-set is evolutionary enough, then I won't have a problem.  It's that simple.

I quote myself JUST for you.  :)
I know what I prefer.  Simple as that.  Me eh really business about 'the masses'.
Sweet specs notwithstanding...I believe HTC bounce dey head again with this design.

I'll end this discussion here, because I detect a distinct, circular holding pattern.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:13 AM »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »
Even if Samsung join in on that nonsense too, there must be some other decent manu out there that will release devices with sd slots and replaceable batteries.

Hopefully, sales hit for Samsung would be great enough that they would reconsider removing those features and all would be well again. I doubt it though.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
HTC One vs Nokia Lumia 920 pictures
February 22, 2013 | By Surur

Neowin managed to catch some HTC One vs Nokia Lumia 920 pictures, with the Nokia Lumia 920 pictures on top and the HTC One pictures below them in this article and I think also clearly in real life also.

As has been typical in other sample pictures, the HTC One pictures lack contrast, detail in the background and invariable have a strange overexposed look to them.

See another set of pictures taken in low light.

The Nokia Lumia 920 pictures look magical as usual while the HTC One pictures, while not bad for low light, looks rather mundane, with the loss of detail clearly perceptible in the boat sailing on the river and the second block of apartments in the mid-ground.

source

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
Where the Note 2 pix?

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
Let me locate it, but the note 2 no where near nokia standards from what i remember, d closest competitor is the iphone 5, which get it ass cut too.

Edit:

Ah find this so far.

http://wmpoweruser.com/gizmodo-crowns-the-nokia-lumia-920-as-the-best-phone-camera-ahead-of-the-iphone-5-samsung-gs3/

Edit2:

I not finding any direct comparison between note 2 camera and any phone, but from what i can tell, the note 2 has the same module as the gs3, so go off of that for your comparison.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:24:00 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »
Come monday it's all going to change though. Nokia EOS (41mp pureview) is expected to be unveiled.  :woop:

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
I dunno if its just me.....but the S3 picture actually looking the best in that line up

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
Wyatt, Gizmodo gave the Lumia 920 the win because of an average over all the pictures in their tests. I trying to get onto the site to post d rest of pics but it not loading, so i loading comparison from other sites in the mean time.

That particular picture the GS3 vs NL920 mite be arguable as to which better, but their are many other situations where they test the cameras under, where the 920 was the undisputed winnner. Low Light performance and Video Recording being 2 of those. Have a gander:

Keep in mind, some of these pictures are pre-portico (portico update for wp8 including camera performance improvements for the 920)

GS3:

NL920:

GS3:

NL920:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:59:27 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
Need any more convincing?

Just found the direct gizmodo article:

For the picture in question you post, they give the win to gs3 for that particular picture. But overall the 920 was the winner. (For obvious reasons, juss look at the big gap in other areas of performance)

And like I said, all this not going to matter come Monday morning, when Nokia unveil PureView 3. GG no Re.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:02:10 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline Preston786

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB X2
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400
  • Broadband: Digicel Play
  • Origin ID: Preston786
  • Steam: Preston786
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »
Wtf how this become a camera comparison thread between the lumia 920 and a s3.....sigh

Sent via my HTC Raider™4G

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »
LOL, true, it start with HTC one camera though, minor derail, back on topic.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »
Quick look: how good is the HTC One’s camera?

Because I’m a huge camera geek, the amount of marketing buzzwords thrown in to describe the HTC One’s camera really intrigued me. “Ultrapixels”, you say? 3x the light capturing ability, you say? I don’t believe in buzzspeak, I believe in results; so I decided at the HTC launch to put the One up against the best cameras in the smartphone business: the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nokia 808 PureView. Check out the sample images after the break.

Obviously, neither the Lumia 920 nor the 808 PureView are Android devices, but I thought it’d be instructive to compare the One’s supposedly excellent camera to the most highly regarded phone cameras out there today, both of which I had on hand. For reference, during the presentation HTC presented a slide with their controlled-environment test of the One’s camera against the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S III:

Yep, all sorts of embarrassing for the S3.

How does it go against the top guns though? I should make clear from the outset that I don’t have a phone tripod, nor do I have the steadiest hands, so this was a rather unscientific test of what I could get out of each phone camera holding it as steady as possible.

For this first test, all phone cameras were set to Auto mode, apart from forcing flash off. In this case, the 808 PureView was set to its highest resolution at 16:9 – 31 MP (!). (Click for full res images.)

HTC One

Lumia 920

808 PureView

The HTC One acquits itself pretty well here; there’s some mottling in the sky in the top-right corner, but it’s well-focused and there is detail visible in the buildings. The low resolution means there’s not much point zooming in to see high detail, but overall the shot communicates the scene well.

The Lumia 920 seemed to have misfocused, something that wasn’t immediately obvious with a cursory glance at the screen (unfortunately only noticed after leaving the venue), so I wouldn’t judge the sharpness of the 920 with the photo shown (likely user error). The sky is a little lighter on the 920 than the other two, and there is a bit of blotchiness in the sky colour, but most of all the 920 seems to produce a brighter picture than the One or the 808.

The 808 PureView does well; there’s more detail than the One simply because there’s more megapixels of data to work with, and the noise isn’t as bad as a very dense 41MP image sensor might suggest. The obvious difference is file size; the 808 PureView’s shot is a 10MB JPEG file, whereas the One’s JPEG is 837 kB – less than a tenth of the size.

For the second test, the phones were put into Night mode, and flash forced off. The 808 was set to a lower resolution, 8MP, to see if the pixel binning function made a significant difference in the ultra-low light.

HTC One

Lumia 920

808 PureView

Here, the 808 doesn’t do so well – an f/2.4 lens, compared to the f/2.0 lenses in the One and the 920, meant it struggled to capture enough light for the photo, and the shakiness due to the slow shutter speed really shows.

The Lumia 920 fares much better than the 808 – with its optical image stabilisation, it comes away with the brightest, clearest image of the three. It’s not quite perfect focus, but not bad in the near-zero light.

The One does an middling job here – understand that this is a pretty extreme situation for a phone camera, and even my main camera (a Fujifilm X100) struggles to acquire focus and expose correctly in this light. The most severe issue here is horizontal banding across the image, something that’s quite difficult to improve in editor.

Overall, a reasonably good effort from the One, but not an overall winner – though I’d say it’s at least in the same playing field as the Lumia 920 and the 808 PureView, which is high praise and definitely puts it above the other Android phones on the market today. I’m not ready to call any measure of superiority based on two unscientific tests (especially given the lack of control over the environment), so I leave you, the reader, to make your own judgment.

Once we have our hands on a review sample and can truly put the One’s camera to its paces in more controlled environments, we’ll be exploring what it’s really capable of!

...source

Carigamers

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal