Author Topic: Rise of the Machines: Epic battle of the ages between PCs, Consoles and Mobiles  (Read 43461 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
Agreed...at this present snapshot....Sony, Microsoft, Apple and Google doing fine (Nintendo, not so much) but graphs like these is why people get defensive about their brand of choice.

What maybe a million unit lead today could turn into a 10 million unit lead tomorrow.

Then before you know it....your brand is overwhelmed and you no longer exist.

Dreamcast, Atari, etc...

It doesn't take a distinction in cxc maths to tell where this graph is heading.

Carigamers

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
Wyatt, you need to provide source links for what you posting eh.

Also notice android start from flat zero, just like that a company can come out with something new and make mass (steam machine anyone?)

Also, Nintendo did not do well with Wii u, its actually selling worse than gamecube. But I wouldn't be worried bout Nintendo at this point either. All companies does hit rough spots. Some come out of them, others don't. Some have some epic employees and technology to pull them out, some have great marketing teams, etch etc etch. A temporary drop in sales or loss of revenue is just not enough to convict a company of death in the tech arena.

Case in points:

Apple going bankrupt, now the richest company in the world.

Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.....when ME launch, all claimed MS doomed, vista worse so, windows 8 same thing. Ah lil drop don't mean out Atal. Windows 7 is one of they most successful OS of all time. Windows 9 could easily beat that back.

AMD once thought to be history, suffering massive losses to NVIDIA, now they own the nextgen console market....

The tech industry is way too volatile and full of opportunity and innovation to count anyone out until they actually out.

Nintendo..gamecube....utter failure, doom and gloom...wii...one of the most successful consoles of all time.
Also as bad as Wii u doing, Nintendo has 11 billion dollars in cash in the bank. They not suffering, they can afford to release another 2 failed consoles and still come back. Also the Nintendo IPs are as strong as Disney's. Mario and Zelda are household brands that can be leveraged with great impact if Nintendo wake up. Nintendo could easily turn around and release a comparable next gen console leading d charge with their IP. Iwata say they need to change and I hope they do. A flagship next gen Nintendo console running all third party games at their best complimented by super hd Mario, Zelda, smash, Kirby, star fox, kid Icarus, Mario party, Mario cart, Metroid.....*geek overload* *faints*

I just hope Nintendo gives us what we all want, not counting them out Atal , but they do need to come correct.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:39:17 PM by MessiaaH »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
absolutely right.

Many have come back from deaths door and the tech market is as volatile as it gets.

Big Nintendo (and Disney) supporter here as well as Steam and by extension the steam machines. We on the same page with those two.

On the Microsoft vs Apple/Android.....the problem goes deeper than Windows 8. They really need success with Windows Phone to make a comeback. Not Windows 9 (unless it is a unified platform for phone/desktop like ubuntu)

The face of computing is changing and that is going to usher in a new age of mobile (and so they rise.....) dominance.

Wintel wtfpwned the desktop era. So far, it looks like Google/Apple are set to own the mobile era. They have A LOT of work to do to change that graph around.

The good news is that they are making a herculean effort, as you particularly have highlighted on the forum with the Lumia 1020/1520 coverage. Even Spaz got in the act with his 820.

Interesting times ahead.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Yes, letting apple and android get so powerful is all Nokia and MS fault. Apples valued at some 300billion right now, would you believe that just a few years ago that was Nokia? Being the largest phone company in the world? And MS dominated the smartphone market with no competition .  But both of them sat on their laurels , underestimated apple, and let theyself get bone with no grease. Steve balmer himself said his biggest mistake of his career is focusing more n vista than mobile and underestimating just how important mobile will be.

but like you said, they are aiming to correct it. Its a massive uphill battle,  but if anyone can do it, MS can.
With the purchase of Nokia finalized, it go be very interesting when the combine force of Nokia hardware team and MS software team release an inhouse Microsoft phone product. Guessing we'll see such a product next year.

Also, that unified Ubuntu like platform is exactly what MS goal is. Windows 9 aka threshold is the unifying of all 3 OSes, PC, phone,xbox. Threshold is slated for April 2015. So I'm guessing massive launch, MS in house surface phone, new surface products, Xbox overhaul, all backed by windows 9. Interesting times ahead. Till then we go have to settle for the interim updates to tide us over.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:02:10 AM by MessiaaH »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

BOOM!

Carigamers

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
Boom Bang!

+5 for that. Epicly said

PS...Love how my logitech mouse is the poster child for the platform, lol.

dazwhawetalkinbout

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov

BOOM!

My name is Arcmanov...and I approve this message.

Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Carigamers

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal