Author Topic: EVERYTHING Xbox 360  (Read 388970 times)

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
Re: EVERYTHING Xbox 360
« Reply #1780 on: January 19, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
HAHAHA!!!  W1nTry, yuh not nice.  :laughing7:

Leave em alone.  All said 'light-bulb' needs is one killer-app,
and all the naysayers will jump right up on the bandwagon.
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Carigamers

« Reply #1780 on: January 19, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #1781 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
*smug look* "Why Arc, what on earth do you mean" XD

Let's put this in perspective, firstly I am not against the move, it's a good product, very accurate, looked like a really different experience in KZ3 (I think it was KZ3 demo). I am not in any way saying that good apps won't be developed for its respective platform. I am simply stating that imho I would rather use my whole body to control a gundam, not just 2 current day joysticks.... you can appreciate where I am coming from Arc XD

On a related note, the Kinect outsold the move 13:1 over the xmas and take into consideration it was volume constricted. I just think it has more appeal as it's more involving that an advanced Wiimote, thats all. Not saying I wouldn't use it.

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #1782 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
*smug look* "Why Arc, what on earth do you mean" XD

Let's put this in perspective, firstly I am not against the move, it's a good product, very accurate, looked like a really different experience in KZ3 (I think it was KZ3 demo). I am not in any way saying that good apps won't be developed for its respective platform. I am simply stating that imho I would rather use my whole body to control a gundam, not just 2 current day joysticks.... you can appreciate where I am coming from Arc XD

On a related note, the Kinect outsold the move 13:1 over the xmas and take into consideration it was volume constricted. I just think it has more appeal as it's more involving that an advanced Wiimote, thats all. Not saying I wouldn't use it.

yea it sold well.....but no good games for it and the type of games that can use it limited.
it is marketed at the casual audience to capture tanty, wifey, an yuh non gamer gf. definitely not for any hardcore games

besides we all know sales dont really mean a product is all that. take a look at cod XD
also for killer apps for the move , the mere fact that kz3, s4 (two very big franchises) are using it and not as a gimmick but actually has it functioning excellently shows that it has the appeal that can capture core gamers

also look out for sorcery, built from the ground up as a move game and it definitely looks promising and with rumors of inFamous 2 supporting it as well i think PS core gamers have a device they will actually use more than the xbox core will use kinect

that being said if the day does come where we can pilot gundam with kinect then i might consider pickin one up lol :D

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #1783 on: February 07, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
well I just finished the Reach campaign today.

Shockingly surprised at how short it was. Talking under 6-7 hours short.

(also shockingly surprised that we don't have a proper Halo Reach thread on the forums....the two in existence are very sparse in terms of posts)

However, while short, it was still a very decent experience and definitely the best Halo to date.

Rate it 7 out of 10.

Why so low?

Minus one point from being not that different from Halo 1 (and that game is now 10 years old).

Minus two points for lack of immersion. This has nothing to do with Halo Reach itself though but more a fault of the xbox 360 being in the living room.

Its hard to really get into a game with family distracting you with conversation every few minutes. There is something to be said about the privacy the PC affords  a gamer. Locked up in a room or a corner of the house, all by your lonesome.

Just can't achieve that in my household with the big screen TV unless you wait to game in the wee hours when everyone's asleep.

Its a real shame because I've really come to appreciate the simplicity and consistency of gaming on the 360.

Got a plan though, hopefully some nice large headphones (like the sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1) should do the trick. People maybe less likely to conversate when they see those oversized foam cups blocking out all external sound to your ear. lol

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 07, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
LOL @ less convo with large headphones...

To be fair Wyatt, how can you minus points for your own environmental flaws? I use my xbox on my 32" HD in my BEDROOM, or my 22" LCD, both quite bother-free. Minusing points for your own setup deficiencies is like blaming your car for an accident when you texting on your cell and run into the back of someone :p

Also how was it similar to Halo 1? and just to point out Reach was a PREQUEL to HALO 1, so there are SUPPOSED to be similarities.

Carigamers

« Reply #1784 on: February 07, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #1785 on: February 07, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Hadda agree with environmental flaws, anyone with young kids can testify to that. It doh matter where you are in the house, yuh have other responsibilities more important than a game lol. Remember those Wow gamers a few years back with the dead baby :s

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/06/21/baby-dies-while-parents-play-wow/

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »
I can appreciate the environmental factors, I just don't see how that reduces the rating of a game because it's not like the game can jump out and b1tch slap a family member for being a distraction XD

Offline woodyear99

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 113
    • PS3, Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Q6600
  • RAM: 4 Gigabytes
  • Broadband: Flow
  • PSN: wodyer
« Reply #1787 on: February 07, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
Yeah we rating the game not the environment outside the game lol.

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • XBL: slyCzar
« Reply #1788 on: February 07, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »
I found it quite immersive, but then again, I have my Xbox hook up to a secondary 22" LCD montior next to my PC, so less "environmental issues".

Offline ViCe

• Sannin
  • Chakra -68
  • twitter.com/MrViCe_TT
    • PS4
    • View Profile
    • SyNergy Gaming
  • Broadband: Flow 100Mbps
  • PSN: ViCe-_-KaRTeL
  • XBL: ViCe DaVinci
« Reply #1789 on: February 07, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
surround sound headphones solve all "environmental" problems :D

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 07, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
lol, didn't I make it clear that the minus points wasn't the game's fault?

glad to hear that the headphones do the trick after all.

good feedback immc

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 30, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »
Microsoft updating Xbox 360 disc format

Company asks for US volunteers to test next system update, offers Halo: Reach as a reward for participating gamers.

Microsoft is gearing up for the next Xbox 360 system update, but it needs gamers' help testing a few things out. The company today announced a new System Update Preview Program for US-based Xbox 360 owners to help test a new disc format for the system.

Are there three more exciting words in the English language than "new disc format"?

By signing up at the Microsoft Connect website and filling out a survey, US gamers can volunteer to take part in the preview program. Multiple thousands of gamers will be chosen to participate, with Xbox Live Gold members receiving priority over their nonpaying Xbox Live Silver counterparts.

Participants will receive a copy of Halo: Reach (and possibly other rewards as well) for their trouble, but the program is not without risk. During the registration process, Microsoft warns that due to the nature of prerelease software updates, there's a chance participants could wind up with nonfunctioning systems. The agreement makes no mention of Microsoft repairing systems broken as a result of the update.

When asked what security or storage benefits the new disc format might bring, a Microsoft representative told GameSpot there were no additional details to share at this time.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6306298.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B6

Redlum, care to sign up so we could get the scoop?

Microsoft Connect website - http://connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate

Edit:
And I just found more info on it, myself:

Microsoft develops new Xbox 360 disc - not Bluray
Adds 1GB storage capacity
Microsoft has been developing a new disc format for use with the Xbox 360 of late. However, before you say "yay, Blu-ray's finally coming to my favourite console a good three years after HD-DVD upped and died", it's not Blu-ray. Sorry.

Instead, it's essentially exactly the same disc format that's been improved by unlocking an extra 1GB of space that was previously reserved for DVD-Video and anti-piracy measures.

Currently, games have to fit into 6.8GB on a 7.95GB disc, with the rest being a locked-off partition. However, beta tests are presently underway in the US, with participants trying out copies of Halo: Reach that take up an additional 1GB of disc space. It's unknown whether there is additional content or if the game has just been decompacted to make up the shortfall.

Either way, if successful, a full roll-out is expected, with a dashboard upgrade to all Xbox 360s globally that will allow them to access the extra information.

The details of the 1GB extension were discovered by Xbox 360 scene hacker, commodore4ever, who tweeted: "MS will introduce xgd3 – this will add more ap checks, cvi (content integerity) checks, increase the disc size and adds a new layer for protection issues – all in the 20500 sdk! bring it on".

There's currently no word on when the change-over might occur.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/39365/microsoft-new-xbox-360-disc

Apparently they are able to eek some more space out of DVDs...and here I was thinknig cartridges were gonna come back in style...oh how I miss blowing out my NES cartridges :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:01:33 PM by Czar »

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1792 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
A hot 1GB extra?  Really?

Look...jus hurry up and release a console using Blu-Ray discs eh. 

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 30, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
You are joking, right?

Just in case you're not, let me just spell it out - Xbox owner, Microsoft, paying royalties to console rival PlayStation's owner, Sony, for the use of Blu-ray technologies...yeah...not likely.

Offline TheApprentice

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 25
    • PS4, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS XL, Xbox 360, PSPgo
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • GPU: 2x Gigabyte R9 280x
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz
  • Broadband: Rogers
  • Origin ID: TheApprenticePC
  • PSN: The_Apprentice
  • Steam: TheApprenticePC
  • XBL: TheApprenticeXb
« Reply #1794 on: March 30, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »
You guys think that Blu-Ray will stick around til the next generation of consoles?
The discs are capable of 200GB.

In that case I'd think that Microsoft...and possibly Nintendo will embrace the format.
Hopefully the big three work out something nicely.
It's just pretty much the three of them using what is popular like "DVD" last generation and how DVD transitioned to this generation.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 30, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
Imho, the next step is digital download of ALL games on the console. DIscs are nice but they should start offering ALL their new titles via the XBL marketplace like steam. I don't see MS using Blu-Ray.... just not on the cards.

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
« Reply #1796 on: March 30, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
You are joking, right?

Just in case you're not, let me just spell it out - Xbox owner, Microsoft, paying royalties to console rival PlayStation's owner, Sony, for the use of Blu-ray technologies...yeah...not likely.

You think I really didn't know/consider that?

I'm actually not joking btw.

Offline Eroo

• Kage
  • Chakra 35
    • PSX,PS2,PSP,PS3,PS4
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
  • Broadband: Flow/Blink
  • PSN: David_Crockett
« Reply #1797 on: March 30, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
Digital downloads is still a good while away, especially with many ISPs in the states starting to cap downloads. There's also the issue of changing the whole way without involving retailers, some might think offence, refuse to sell the hardware.

Maybe by the time PS5 comes out but the next xbox or PS3 will definitely use blurays or Microsoft might use some propietary format.

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 30, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
Agreed, digital distribution is the future. Just look at Netflix, or ask Amazon, or any number of other distributors - it's all about the cloud.

You think I really didn't know/consider that?

I'm actually not joking btw.
I figured you knew this, but to hear that you aren't joking - well, the logic defies me. Not sure what to tell yuh. D maths jes doh add up fuh me, sorry.

Digital downloads is still a good while away, especially with many ISPs in the states starting to cap downloads. There's also the issue of changing the whole way without involving retailers, some might think offence, refuse to sell the hardware.
I agree that capped connections are an issue, but I fundamentally believe that something will change all of that - telecoms will bow to the masses, whether by way of legislature, or consumer uprising. We've just experienced the very thing here in Canada - the big telecoms wanted to put caps in place and Canadians fought back, so they rescinded. Now Canadians are trying to push for it to become a talking point for the coming election so that politicians and lawmakers know that it is an important issue to consumers.

As for retailers refusing to sell the hardware, I find that hard to believe since they'd only be diggin out dey own eye - no media sales, AND no hardware sales? Sounds like a lose-lose for them.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
I think digital is a decade away.

Sales are too strong in retail for the consoles for them to make that switch anytime soon.

The net is cast too far and wide (no pun intended) for a digital only or even primary approach to make sense.

Not so on the PC platform, where piss poor sales have been the norm at brick and mortar for the past five years. NPD already reports that by end of 2010, digital sales have matched if not barely surpassed that of retail. In five years time you'll probably struggle to find PC games on a shelf anywhere.

Like czar said, it could be a hard pill for MS to swallow, going Blu-Ray. That said, stranger things have happened in this industry. Like Microsoft investing heavily in Apple Computers. lol

Carigamers

« Reply #1799 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal